[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MUH POSTGAME You know most rpgs don't even have shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0037.png (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.png
41KB, 250x250px
>MUH POSTGAME

You know most rpgs don't even have shit to do period once you beat the main game. Are you guys not satisfied until half the game is postgame?
>>
>>29781711
Were not talking most RPGs, were talking Pokemon, where shit to do was standard for 4 generations
>>
>>29781711
1 hour main game, 200 hour post game or GTFO
>>
>>29781711
The secret is that /vp/ will never be satisfied.
>>
>>29781755
There ate plenty of pokemon games that satisfy /vp/
>>
Fuck off. Are we seriously praising them for skimping out a third time in a row?
This is Pokemon, a series known for its post game. Not the shitty ass Digimin game from earlier this year.
>>
>>29781711
>t.person who never played an rpg
>>
>>29781762
only a portion, and the other portion will shit on it.
>>
>>29781736
You can blow through Johtos Kanto in a few hours and you know it.
Sinnoh I don't even remember the post game. Heatran?
Ruby and Sapphire had shit as post game.
Black and white had some nonconsequential towns.

I'm not counting remakes or third versions because they're literally made to add extra content and they already had a base game to work with.
>>
>>29781762
After 3 or 4 years.
>>
>>29781782
>a series known for its post game

The most developed post game in the series was going back to a severely gimped old region to do nothing but challenge the old gym leaders.
>>
>>29781782
Is it really known for its postgame? I have never heard the games being renowned for extensive post games.
>>
>>29781792
and you see people are bitter since there hasn't been a decent postgame in the entire 3DS series
>>
>>29781827
There has never been a decent postgame
>>
Why don't why just cut that game and half and make half of it "postgame" and make the main game short? Will that please vp?
>>
File: 1434081434593.gif (409KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1434081434593.gif
409KB, 250x188px
>Pokemon had many, many things to do other than the main story for about eight years
>Pokemon in the past four years have very little to do compared to not only the eight years prior but the years before those eight, including a remake, which in the past have had many things to do other than the main story
>people complain

wowzer
>>
>>29781803
>>29781826
This is also their 20th anniversary game. What's wrong with going all out?
>>
File: IMG_3369.jpg (43KB, 467x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3369.jpg
43KB, 467x503px
>>29781962
>many, many things to do
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>29781984
Hey, they're staying true to their roots, aren't they?
Considering Red and Blue had jack to do post-game.
20th anniversary of games with shit postgame! Woo!
>>
>>29781792
A few hours of extra content sounds great actually. And that was the second Gen.

In Sinnoh you had the whole Battle Zone, and ignoring remakes is silly because they're treated just like main games to GF
>>
>>29781838
BW2
>>
>>29781711
>Other games are shit therefore it's ok for this game to be shit.
You know, I don't even mind about postgame that much, I played the Looker quest like 2 years after I beat X main game and barely played the game in between, there are just way too many games for me to play to waste too much time on a single one, BUT the excuse you are using is fucking retarded. Pokemon games have already made great postgame stuff with the frontier and stuff like the pokestar studios it feels really cheap for them to give so little now to keep interest in the game after the main story.
>>
Can someone explain how S&M's postgame is actually bad?

None of you have played it yet. What does "good" postgame consist of?
>>
>>29781711
I think the issue here is that Pokemon games don't take long to complete. If you know what you're doing it can take anywhere between 25-50 hours, maybe less. Good post-game content extends the life of the game. Now if the main story parts of the game took 100-150 hours minimum, would people want lots of post-game content? Maybe not, but there are still plenty of people who want a reason to continue playing the game (that doesn't involve egg hatching).
>>
>>29782332

Bump, where are all the doomsayers?
>>
>>29782332

Battle Frontier.
>>
>>29782332
M-MUH FRONTIER
>>
I don't understand. I never did the post game stuff. At most I bred a team for online and caught the legendaries.
>>
>>29781782
When? What? No one never gave a fuck about the post-game
>>
>>29783209

But what makes that good compared to what we have?
>>
>>29781736

what shit was there to do in RBY besides Cerulean Cave?
>>
>>29781711
Pokemon has less to do during the main games compared to other games that have jam pack list of side quest and hidden areas. Outside of the party selection that is huge, pokemon is relatively shallow by most RPGs standards.
>>
>>29783209

the battle frontier was shit
>>
>>29782332
For an example of good post-game, t's look at Dragon Quest IX, a game I feel has some of the best post-game content in an RPG.

In that game, every week for a few months you would get new sidequests that followed up on loose ends in the main story, fleshed out the world, and some even gave you new party members.

Along with that there was a random dungeon generator. These had unique enemies, the best equipment in the game, and twelve new bosses that you couldn't find anywhere else. This was coupled with a system that allowed you to reset your character's level to gain access to better dungeons.

On top of that, you had ANOTHER thirteen extra bosses from the previous entries of the series to fight. You could even level them up to make them give better rewards.

And Pokémon wouldn't even need to do half of that. A dungeon generator that had an increased chance of shinies or HA Pokemon, along with a Battle Frontier with legacy battles would easily suffice.
>>
>>29781711
You need to keep in mind that this board, more than any other, has an over-whelming majority of users with actual autism and anything that defies their random expectations or imagined patterns gets assaulted vehemently.

As an experiment, try going into a thread where they're complaining about nothing (most threads here) and post on topic playing devil's advocate and watch as you get mass shitposted by countless anons while none of them even understand how to engage in a discussion or form an argument.

Essentially, most of the people posting here are entitled idiots with intellectual afflictions.
>>
>>29783650
This.
When people like OP spew bullshit about RPGs not having post game, it's obvious they haven't played more than two or three RPGs.
>>
>>29781838
Battle Frontier
>>
>>29783575
He's talking about gens 2-5
>>29783694
So why are you here if you hate us so much?
>>
>>29781711
>You know most rpgs don't even have shit to do period once you beat the main game.
Yeah but the main quest in most other RPGs that sell is about a hundred times more complex than that of Pokemon.
There needs to be something, somewhere.
>>
So, do we know how breeding works, yet? Are we back to passing down only 3 IVs? Abilities are still passed down the old way?
>>
>>29783650
DQ9 is one of the worst examples you can give. Most games don't even have a 1/10th of the postgame it has and DQ9's post game is literally impossible to do now with a legit copy.
>>
>>29781803
>Gen II had the most developed post game
>Not BW2
Here's your (You) Don't spend it all in one place.
>>
Please help me catch up, did we already find out we don't have any postgame? not even a battle tower-subway thing?
>>
>>29783818
>So why are you here if you hate us so much?
Well, I don't come onto an anonymous board for discussing Pokemon to talk about anonymous strangers, but you just highlighted my point that if you post something that counteracts people's pre-built expectations then they'll respond, but not with an actual point and instead with some ridiculous personal offense.

>if you hate us so much?
I don't know you and there's no 'us'. The whole set up here is for discussion, it's not the gang's treehouse club. Of course, it's very rare to see discussion here and this particular board operates like reddit as far as circlejerking assumed board-wide adopted 'opinions' and aggressively opposing counter-points goes.

Post-game-wise, to move back on topic, a game will have post game areas so far as there's a need to reflect extra elements of the region it is portraying. If any additions would damage the theme of the region being understood by the audience then it can't be added. Standard, common sense design logic.
>>
people just want more full roster trainers with decent pokemon

this pile of shit is probably breaking a record for longest stretch of retard trainers with 1 pokemon
>>
>>29783209
What about for people who care about things other than battling?
>>
>>29783972
That's what I mean, though. You don't seem to care much for the board or its users, so I don't see why you would come here to discuss Pokemon rather than any other site for it.
>>
>>29783954
We have the Battle Tree. Basically like Battle Maison, but with a handful of characters from past games to battle with or against. My question is does the multi battle have an online option? I would hope at the very least it would have this.
>>
>>29783996
Thanks anon, that's something, I guess. I'm still gonna buy this piece of shit.
>>
>>29781826
>>29783530
Tripfags are retarded, pay them no mind.
>>
>>29783996
>>29784016

But there is more than that. E4, and UBs.

No one actually knows what it all is yet.
>>
>>29783991
Why wouldn't I come to one of several boards on the site that caters to my interest?
I've had a handful of decent discussion here, but 1/3 threads I post in I get shitposted at by maniacs. It's worse around the time of a new release and generally becomes pretty grand a month or two after.
When you can get a good discussion it's great.
>>
>>29781711
Faggots like you really are something else when you would rather have less content than more.

Regardless if you're baiting, neck yourself you fucker.
>>
I'm gonna guess you don't play a lot of RPGs that aren't Pokemon, OP.
>>
>remove post game battle facilities in favor of making online battles the post game
>reduce the number of new pokemon and make all the new mons absolute dogshit so there's nothing new to use in said online battles

yeah there's not a problem here at all
>>
>>29783650
>DQIX
That game is a complete outlier. Most RPGs don't come close to something like that. Instead, they get most of their postgame from dailies/repeatable quests, presuming they even have one at all.

>>29783725
You've played very few RPGs if you think that example is somehow typical of the genre.
>>
>>29783694
This.
Now that the game has leaked and info is spilling out everywhere, I plan on leaving this board and actually enjoying the franchise.
>>
>>29781962
Sauce I forgot the name of that vid holy shit my sides
>>
>>29783209
Tell me what's so special about battle frontier, it's still battling.

The real post game is filling your dex, battling people in every game.
For the rest, rebattling strong trainer and high challenge batteling is what you have in game.
>>
>>29783985
There are no new areas to explore unlike the Gen V games. Sooo....
Gen V was shit but it's starting to look better each day now...
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.