[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gengar(Mega): Gengar’s relationships are warped. It has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 39

File: 448Lucario-Mega[1].png (833KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
448Lucario-Mega[1].png
833KB, 1280x1280px
>Gengar(Mega): Gengar’s relationships are warped. It has no interest in opponents unless it perceives them as prey.

>Kangaskhan(Mega): Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future.

>Pinsir(Mega): The influence of Mega Evolution leaves it in a state of constant excitement. It pierces enemies with its two large horns before shredding them.

>Gyarados(Mega): Mega Evolution also affects its brain, leaving no other function except its destructive instinct to burn everything to cinders.

>Aerodactyl(Mega): When it Mega Evolves, it becomes more vicious than ever before. Some say that’s because its excess of power is causing it pain.

>Sharpedo(Mega): As a consequence of Mega Evolution, its combative instincts exploded. The yellow marks it bears are scars from a long history of battles.

>Salamence(Mega): Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It’s been dubbed “the blood-soaked crescent.”

>Metagross(Mega): Mega Evolution stimulated its brain. It emerged as a ruthless Pokémon that will clutch at any means of ensuring its victories.

>Lucario(Mega): It readies itself to face its enemies by focusing its mental energies. Its fighting style can be summed up in a single word: heartless.

What the fuck Game Freak, I thought Mega Evolution was supposed to be the result of the bond between Pokemon and their trainers. Now you're telling us it turns them into bloodthirsty killers?
>>
>>29775947
I think it's more of as to why the people and the Pokemon have to have a strong bond in Mega Evolution.

Otherwise, regular old Pokemon who find the Mega Stones randomly turn out like that.

I guess Megas just bring out the absolute highest power in a Pokemon, be it good or bad.
>>
>>29775947
It's a result of the weapon AZ built, right? So it's probably to reflect that. Mega Evolution is the result of massive death and destruction. That power brings out the worst in the Pokemon using it.
>>
>>29775947
The bond is to make sure they don't go insane and kill you
>>
Anyone have the pastebin links for the dex entries?
>>
>>29775947
>Salamence(Mega): Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It’s been dubbed “the blood-soaked crescent.”
PANIC
>>
>>29775947
Well, you guys DID want the series to be more oriented towards older players, right?
>>
>>29775947
Need to see Mega Gardevoir.
>>
>>29775947
>Mega Evolution was supposed to be the result of the bond between Pokemon and their trainers
Some anon pointed this out already, though it's more a theory than anything; the bond does not result in Mega Evolution, rather the bond is a requirement for Mega (which itself is unnatural, irregular) so the trainer can keep their Mega 'mon under control, lest they'll be killed by their own Pokemon.
>>
>>29775947
It's like GameFreak have a vendetta against megas. Although, it may be flavour text for Colress seeking true bonds between Pokemon.
>>
>>29775989

http://pastebin.com/nJnhdbmg

http://pastebin.com/FfXdLLTZ
>>
Feels like they retcon the bonds thing to the thing Digimon has where forcing a Digimon to digivolve will cause them to go berserk.
>>
>Glalie(Mega): The excess energy from Mega Evolution spilled over from its mouth, breaking its jaw. It spews endless blizzards.

Holy shit, that's actually really sad.
>>
>>29776043
Was about to make this exact post anon.
>>
>>29775947
Maybe this is the reason it seems there are no Megas in Sun and Moon as of yet.

Maybe we won't get any new Megas until either a Sun and Moon part two (like Black&White) or a remake of the Sinnoh region (which is highly unlikely).

Perhaps, and bear with me hear, perhaps Nintendo is going to release a game for the Switch that will be a completely new region and will involve everything introduced in Pokemon thus far. Megas, Z-moves, Alolan/Regional forms, Contests, Sports, Movies, and maybe even Pokemon Go.
>>
>>29775947
>Now you're telling us it turns them into bloodthirsty killers?
They aren't wrong.
>>
>>29775947
>a majority of the Megas become filled with bloodlust
>Kangaskhan worries about how her kid is becoming a delinquent
Cute
>>
so... this is the reason why Ash never gets a mega pokemon... All comes together i gest
>>
>>29776014
Just like Korrina's Lucario in the Anime right?
>>
Garchomp(Mega): Excess energy melted its arms and wings, transforming them into giant scythes.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>29776131
Exactly like that. If you don't have a proper bond with your pokemon, shit will hit the fan HARD.
>>
File: 1475341830631.png (372KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475341830631.png
372KB, 1280x720px
Are they really trying to telling me that M-Audino, M-Diancie, M-Lopunny and M-Fug AKA the one that saved the world are evil evolutions now?
>>
>>29776140
En? If anything he would have stumps and fight solely using his mouth, like a better sharpedo

And the excess of energy and scythe .thing warrants a retcon, dragon/dark at least.
>>
>Golbat: Sometimes they drink so much blood, they can’t fly anymore. Then they fall to the ground and become food for other Pokémon

this is not a mega mon but WTF game freack this is my poison bro
>>
>>29776173
Keep in mind that Mega Absol's entry is tame. I doubt every single Mega is crazed. Ampharos is probably pretty chill too.
>>
>>29776173
No just overloaded with more energy than they can safely use
>>
>>29776195
Where are these entries? I need a laff
>>
>>29775947
Aren't these all supposed to be from Rotom's point of view though?

Of course another pokemon would fear and despise megas
>>
>>29776043
Rmb when everyone was complaining about how mega evos ripped of digimon? Now we have actual human and pokemon fusion. I don't know how to feel about this.
>>
>>29776205
http://pastebin.com/nJnhdbmg (Moon?)
http://pastebin.com/FfXdLLTZ (Sun?)

>Absol(Mega): When this Pokémon whips the winglike fur on its back as though beating its wings, it sends an intimidating aura flying at its opponents.
>Absol(Mega): As the energy of Mega Evolution fills it, its fur bristles. What you see on its back are not true wings, and this Pokémon isn’t able to fly.
>>
I'm loving the more realistic focus of these dex entries compared to past ones which were more based on folklore desu

>>29776211
Rotom is the dex but that doesn't mean that it writes the entries
>>
>>29776205

>>29776029
>>
>>29776211
Rotom's jealous it will never get a Mega.
>>
Any news on Mega Mawile's entry?
>>
>Dugtrio(Alolan):These Pokémon are cherished in the Alola region, where they are thought to be feminine deities of the land incarnate.

Have you worshipped your goddess today?
>>
>>29776265
It's National Pokedex, assuming there is an entry for it.
>>
>>29776173
Not evil. Unnatural. Irregular.

Basically, Mega Evolution isn't just bringing out a Pokemon's untapped potential, it also breaks whatever the limit a Pokemon has.
Which is why most turns out crazy; their mental state literally cannot endure the overloading power-up.
>>
>This Pokémon is out for vengeance on its natural enemy, Mandibuzz. It throws bones like boomerangs to try to take it down

wow, mandibuzz is the fucking madwoman
>>
>>29776063
>or a remake of the Sinnoh region (which is highly unlikely)
Personal preference has no bearing on the actual chance of getting the game. DP remakes are actually the games we are currentlt the most likely to get as of now. There's nothing else left for GameFreak to make, as both Z and Delta Emerald are driven by Mega Evolution, and they said in an interview that they're done with that subject, and getting Eclipse right after Sun & Moon, if even at all, is much more unlikely. As is not getting anything at all and just jumping to Gen 8 immediately, that's just absurd.
>>
>Gengar: It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK GAMEFREAK
>>
File: 448Lucario[1].png (589KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
448Lucario[1].png
589KB, 1280x1280px
>Lucario: They can detect the species of a living being— and its emotions—from over half a mile away. They control auras and hunt their prey in packs.

Carnivorous predator confirmed
>>
File: Skid17-2.png (224KB, 332x271px) Image search: [Google]
Skid17-2.png
224KB, 332x271px
>>29776483
>mfw GF's gone insane with the Pokedex this Gen

I love it
>>
>>29776507
>Lucario can sense you before you sense it
>Lucario will team up with other Lucario to hunt you down
>You will never be able to avoid it unless you can get more than a half mile away from it
>>
"All the energy from Mega Evolution poured into the Shellder on its tail, leaving Slowpoke to be swallowed whole."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: pg_001.jpg (225KB, 1271x651px) Image search: [Google]
pg_001.jpg
225KB, 1271x651px
>>29776483
>Tokyo's doujin is a step away from canon
Oh babby.
>>
Politoed: It’s the leader of Poliwag and Poliwhirl. When Politoed roars, they all cower in fear.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29776507
>hunt their prey in packs.
This feels like a reference, but I'm not sure to what.
>>
>Gengar: Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.
>>
>Primeape: It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however.

So that's why they're angry. They just wanna die.
>>
>>29776536
Only if they're hungry, anon. Chances are a dumb bird (any Region bird) or a wild boar (Piloswine) are more satisfying prey than a scrawny human. More meat for each bro.
>>
File: IMG_2557.gif (440KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2557.gif
440KB, 186x186px
>>29776562
>>
>Zygarde(Complete): This is Zygarde’s 100% form. It has enough power to overwhelm even Xerneas or Yveltal.
They mention Xerneas and Yveltal in Zygarde's Pokédex entry, but they're never mentioned anywhere else in the game. That strikes me as fairly odd.
>>
>>29776327
so what fucking pokemon is that from
>>
>>29776536
>You will never be able to avoid it
True on so many levels.
>>
That's honestly way too much edgy spread way too thin over a lot of unrelated Pokemon.
Some just seem forced, like the Kangaskhan.
>>
>>29776703
Marowak. Mandibuzz prey on crying Cubones
>>
>>29776703
Marowak
>>
>>29776627
Jesus Christ this is horrible. Why did I laugh?

>>29776578
>Give up.

PANIC
>>
>>29776686
>Politoed: They gather on moonlit nights to form a large chorus. Their cries sound angry and not at all pleasant, but they are certainly distinctive.

They did it twice, the absolute madmen.
>>
>>29776627
We should have gotten an Alolan Ghost type Primeape.
>>
I didn't like BW much, and I thought N was a vapid prettyboy but...
This seriously paints a picture that he was 100% right and that a bond between Pokemon and humans can only result in pain.
What exactly was GF going for with this shit?
What happened to saving the world thanks to the bond between Pokemon and humans in Delta Episode?
>>
>>29776724
What's edgy about Kang?
>>
>>29776761
FUCKING POLIWRATH CHAD
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUTTTTT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERERRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29776316
That's fucking unsettling. Sounds like Nazi experimentation.
>>
>>29776250
Rotom Wash IS his Mega.
>>
>>29776766
It's child is turning into a bloodthirsty monster and there's nothing it can do about it.
>>
>>29776562

But what about Poliwrath? Do they not accept Politoed as their leader?
>>
>>29776140
Jesus fucking christ
>>
This is actually kind of upsetting. I thought Mega Evolution was something good, lore wise. Like a symbol of what humans and Pokemon can do together.
>>
>>29776804
Maybe in Kalos it's good. Other parts of the world might find it barbaric or cruel
>>
>>29776804
"Mega Evolution was a mistake." - GF
>>
>>29776804
Well, if you want to get headcannony about it, it still is. Alone the Pokemon would rampage and murder, together the Trainer can calm the Pokemon into behaving like it's old self.
>>
>>29775947
>Aerodactyl(Mega): When it Mega Evolves, it becomes more vicious than ever before. Some say that’s because its excess of power is causing it pain.
Jesus
>>
>>29776762
>believing that slut Zinnia
>>
I never thought I'd be getting excited about the Pokedex entries in a new game, but fuck does it seem like they're gonna be a blast to read through.
Glad this is the game I've finally decided to complete the Dex.
>>
What about Sableye? Sableye doesn't get hurt/go berserk does it? Please say no.
>>
>>29776866
>Sableye: This Pokémon is feared. When its gemstone eyes begin to glow with a sinister shine, it’s believed that Sableye will steal people’s spirits away.
>Sableye(Mega): Supporting a giant heavy jewel, it can’t change direction very nimbly and is vulnerable to attack from behind.
>Sableye: It’s a fiend for gemstones, so it stalks Carbink. Unfortunately, Gabite almost always grabs them first.
>Sableye(Mega): The jewel from its chest, which has grown gigantic due to the effects of Mega Evolution, can turn back any attack.

Surprisingly normal. Must be something about being dark/ghost
>>
>>29776847
>It would be extremely painful
>>
>>29776895
Does Gabite have any dex entries involving Carbink?
>>
>>29776895
Well, I guess I remain fairly guilt free.
>>
>>29776696
Okay, now the Pokedex is embellishing things.
>>
>>29776908
>Gabite: Shiny objects are its passion. It can be found in its cave, scarcely moving, its gaze fixed on the jewels it’s amassed or Carbink it has caught.
>>
>>29776932
Well, it IS a Dragon after all.

It wants to mire the shiny.
>>
>>29776842
The games imply the forms themselves are a result of the bond between humans and pokemon. They couldn't exist without humans influence, so it's pretty much the trainers having to clean up after their own mistake.
>>
>>29776696
And people say Pokémon Z will never happen
>>
File: c88nc4kfvuizggfkufaz.png (595KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
c88nc4kfvuizggfkufaz.png
595KB, 800x481px
>>29776932
>>29776895
That's fucking cute. Reminiscent of TCG cards that depict a story of sorts.
>>
This was bound it happen. There's clearly a great amount of people writing the bits of lore behind Pokemon. If you make a form that ONLY exists within the context of battle, someone is bound to interpret it as a violent form representing bloodlust.
>>
File: 1478484915375.png (278KB, 706x412px) Image search: [Google]
1478484915375.png
278KB, 706x412px
>>29776932
>>29776895
>sableye and gabite catching carbink
>both weak to fairy
>>
So why doesn't Rayquaza have a dex entry?
>>
>>29776999
Even if they are Carbink isnt that strong of a pokemon so they could likely overpower it or in Gabites case hit it with ground moves.
>>
>>29776895
Surprised they don't make a big deal out of the gem being the one from it's chest, equating it to ripping it's own heart out or some shit.
>>
>>29776974
Is there a collection somewhere of all the cards like this? Love this kinda thing.
>>
>>29777026
fairy-nuff
>>
>>29776999
Nature overtakes type, anon.

You think a Charizard gives a shit that Basculin is Water type if it's hungry for tasty fish?
>>
>>29777028
Im not sure. I do know of the Tepig line, where in each card its with a progressively older family
>>
>>29777025
It's not in the regional dex
>>
Glalie(Mega): It envelops prey in its mouth, freezing them instantly. But its jaw is dislocated, so it’s unable to eat them.
>>
>>29777085
>But its jaw is dislocated
hey GF, how about you fucking calm down
>>
>>29777072
So have we not gotten the national dex entries leaked yet?

Or do they simply not exist?
>>
So that thing in the anime where Korrina's Mega Lucario went berserk is canon to the games.
>>
Is there supposed to be a moral to this story?
It seems an awful lot like GF wants us to feel guilty about enjoying a gimmick they were pushing hard just a gen ago.
Is gen 8 gonna reveal Z-stones give incurable pokeaids or something?
>>
>>29777136
"power corrupts, even the kind you get from friendship"
>>
There are quite a few Megas' entries missing from that pastebin. Wonder why that is.
>>
>>29777221
Regional dex only
>>
>>29777136
"There is no such thing as an absolute power with zero consequences; use it at your own discretion."
>>
>>29775947
I don't like the idea of pokemon eating each other or it being dark in general so I'm just gonna pretend these are not canon.
>>
>>29777085
>>29777109
You think that's bad?
>Glalie(Mega): The excess energy from Mega Evolution spilled over from its mouth, breaking its jaw. It spews endless blizzards.
>>
>>29777276
>I have never read the pokedex
This your first gen?
>>
>>29777260
Ah, gotcha senpai.
>>
>>29775947
Mega evolution is a distortion in reality so it brings out their potential but at the cost of their personality
>>
>>29777136
I think it playe into the theme with the ultimate weapon that people(&pokemon) can take things too far. It doesn't matter how you aquire power whether it be friendship, intelligence or money. It can be a double edged sword hurting both your enemys and you.
>>
>>29776863
M-Mods???
>>
>>29777276
>Pidgeot
>When hunting, it skims the surface of water at high speed to pick off unwary prey such as Magikarp

>Parasect
>The bug host is drained of energy by the mushrooms on its back. They appear to do all the thinking

>Haunter
>By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise

This shit has been apparent since the first, I repeat, FIRST gen.
>>
>>29777289
No, Ive been with pokemon since the begining. I like thinking of the pokemon worlr as being a more friendly place then ours. Even though past dex entries mention pokemon eating each other and such its so few and far between and the dex is such bs that you can really ignore it. These new entries make up alot of the new dex.
>>
Wtf i love mega evolution now
>>
Minior's core will die if exposed for too long
>>
This is incredibly fucked
>>
>>29776748
REEEEEEEE WRATHIES GET OUT!
>>
>>29777368
It is a friendlier place. Just as far as the humans are concerned though.

Pokemon are, for the most part, animals. "Pretending" that these entries are non-canon would be like saying that lions eat berries and not meats.
>>
Where's beedrill's entries? Mega?
>>
>>29777463
Well no. It's like saying that these fictional lion monsters in this fictional game behave like the fictional lions in the fictional show based on the fictional game. There's such a retarded disconnect between the behaviour in the games and the rest of the franchise. One man is in charge of the PokéDex entries, and he's getting worse at writing them, honestly. Relying on the same shit for each monster. Pointlessly violent as an excuse to not have to think harder to better describe their behaviour/abilities/history/interactions.
>>
>>29777680
Not part of the regional or whatever dex
>>
>>29777707
Look, if there are no animals, then we can only conclude that the entire ecosystem consists of Pokemon. Many Pokémon show clear adaptations for predation, such as sharp teeth, claws, and venoms. Although you can expect an eleven foot long king cobra to be friendly and amiable in captivity, you can't just put it in the middle of the forest and expect it to NOT eat smaller creatures. Also, if you're describing a battlemonster, aren't you going to describe how it y'know, battles?
>>
>>29777761
Well this sucks.
When we going to get non-Alohan dex entries?
>>
>>29778080
Cartoons portray predation all the time and it's somethings kids and general are comfortable with.

The problem like the other anon mentioned is that there's a disconnect between the dex and the games.
>>
>>29777707
>pointlessly violent
describing an actual food web and ecosystem is not "pointlessly violent"
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (41KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
41KB, 250x211px
>>29776774
>>29777436
DUMB TOEDIES
>>
File: tumblr_lyad19FSSa1r6xnkfo1_500.jpg (22KB, 410x206px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyad19FSSa1r6xnkfo1_500.jpg
22KB, 410x206px
>>29776578
>There is no escaping it. Give up.
Jeez
>>
>>29778343
Cartoon and game are from child eye
>>
>>29776005
Probably something about how the excess of psychic power stored within caused its heart thing to split in two
>>
File: Gengar Mystery Dungeon.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Gengar Mystery Dungeon.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>29776483
>Gengar
> It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself

C A N O N
>>
File: IMG_1958.jpg (37KB, 321x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1958.jpg
37KB, 321x386px
>Alakazam(Mega): As a result of Mega Evolution, its power has been entirely converted into psychic energy, and it has lost all strength in its muscles.

Mega Evolution literally cripples Alakazam.
>>
File: literally steals your heart.jpg (158KB, 1432x808px) Image search: [Google]
literally steals your heart.jpg
158KB, 1432x808px
>>29776568
>>
>>29776792
You're imagining things. It's just worried that the child won't grow up proper.

Besides, edgy every now and then adds a touch of verisimilitude to a fictional world.
>>
>>29776327
kek
Wasn't the ghost type developed to fight off predators? Instead it made alowak vulture food.
>>
>>29776483
So the Gastly line are now retconned to actual Ghosts?
>>
>Salazzle: For some reason, only females have been found. It creates a reverse harem of male Salandit that it lives with.

L-ewd
>>
>Dragonite: This Pokémon saved a shipwrecked man, taking him to a remote island—a paradise occupied solely by Dragonite.
Gods that's horrible
>>
>>29778922
I love that "reverse harem" is a term that actually showed up in Pokemon.
>>
>no dex entry for my mega bro
It'll come soon enough, right?
>>
>Bewear: This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug.
JESUS CHRIST GAME FREAK! STOP!
>>
>>29775947
I want to know what my bro Blastoise's mega description is, if he even has one.
>>
Ampharos where
>>
>>29776550
MEGA SLOWBRO IS ACTUALLY MEGA SHELLDER

DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>29776762
>saving the world thanks to the bond between Pokemon and humans in Delta Episode?
Zinnia was a retard, and the world wasn't even in any danger

I see your point though.
>>
>>29776847
Literally OW THE EDGE
>>
>>29777061
>>29777028
There's also the Charizard line in the Generations set.

I know there are more like it too, but I am not an expert
>>
>>29777707
You should watch a nature documentary some time.

Animals don't make buddies with each other, they just fight, fuck, eat, sleep, kill, and die.

Pokémon world is a friendly place, and the Pokémon that form bonds with trainers work in the way domesticated animals do, relatively harmless at that point.

But wild animals are well, wild animals. With magic powers.
>>
>>29775947
>Mega Raichu: When it mega-evolves, it's cheek pouches get strong enough to shock an entire herd of Indian Elephants to death

>Mega Alolan Raichu: Upon Mega-Evolution, its psychic tail draws flocks of West Indian Manatees to be executed by an electric surge. It later carves their rubbery remains into makeshift surfboards for it to ride.
>>
>>29777368
>>29777276
What a baby. These entries add flavor to the Pokemon world.
>>
What about M-Mawile?
>>
File: cancer.png (321KB, 1189x600px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
321KB, 1189x600px
it's just an asspull to damage control the introduction of a badly received poorly implemented gimmick that they do no longer wish to expand on
>>
>>29780470
How is making Mega Evolution a horrid thing in-universe damage control?
>>
>>29776568
Lucarios hunt in packs, master
>>
>>29780523
it becomes less appealing

players - "yo gamefreak why dont you make more mega evolutions?"
gamefreak - "well you see, mega evolution is actually evil and makes your pokemon mean, you dont want your pokemon to suffer do you? we would rather focus on other things..."
>>
>>29780594
Well we have yet to see if they'll do that, but I see what you're saying.
>>
>>29780552
A mite old for children's games aren't you, Master?
>>
>>29778982
>literally an island full of magical orange Barneys
This is kinda scary.
>>
>>29780523

>a lot of people hate Megas and think that they ruined the original designs (which to be fair, they did)
>"yeah see they're actually in agonizing pain from all the horrible mutations you forced onto them, you're a bad person if you use Megas!"
>>
>>29776005
>AI YO
>>
>>29780854
>a lot of people hate Megas
That's a funny meme there.
>>
>>29780854
>>29780594
Plus they're relocated to post-game only, and banned from official play
>>
>>29780883

This is bullshit, I liked Megas. I even have a Mega Pinsir team.
>>
>>29775947
That Retcon is actually great and matches the "mega came from a world war" lore much better.
>>
>>29780854
>they ruined the original designs
shit taste
>>
>>29775947
What if the bond is the only reason they don't target you instead of the opposing pokemon?

Also does anyone have slowbro's?
>>
>>29775947
It's pretty encouraging to see that they were so willing to retcon something that was at the heart of XY.
>>
>mega evolutions are temporary because they put too much stress on the pokemon physically and mentally
>most natural occurrences basically end up like Tetsuo in Akira
Holy fuck
>>
>>29780933
>Slowbro(Mega): All the energy from Mega Evolution poured into the Shellder on its tail, leaving Slowpoke to be swallowed whole.
>>
>All of X/Y was about how the bond between a trainer and pokemon brings out its full potential
>Mega Evolution was an abomination all along, you are basically injecting them with PCP and cocaine
>>
>>29776005
>Gardevoir(Mega): Gardevoir’s relationships are warped. It becomes bent on cucking its trainer with other humans and Pokemon.
>>
>>29780933
>the bond isn't necessary because of FRIENDSHIP POWERS like Kalosians say but actually so that Pokemon retain a semblance of their humanity or whatever the Pokemon equivalent is.
>>
>Wailmer
> "Eats a solid ton of Wishiwashi"
>>
>>29780992
In the case of Mega Gyarados, it's brain shorts out.
It becomes rage incarnate.
>>
>>29781011
That's pretty much the case for most the megas, at the very least most of them seem to lose their empathy.
>>
File: lucario.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
lucario.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>Lucario(Mega): It readies itself to face its enemies by focusing its mental energies. Its fighting style can be summed up in a single word: heartless.

Accurate.
>>
What's the dex entry for rotom?

>Inb4 "the best mon ever existed, I suggest having 6 of them in your team"
>>
>>29780967
Makes me even happier that I never used this bullshit in X/Y outside of the forced Lucario shit.
>>
>>29780393
>Mega Mawhile developed it's second mouth as a result of brain cancer. The mouth will slowly eat it alive for the duration of its Mega Evoluution. It gets its kicks by burning down orphanages.
>>
File: 1378318286343.png (250KB, 570x736px) Image search: [Google]
1378318286343.png
250KB, 570x736px
>want to see Mega Lopunny's now
>no text for it

Motherfucker.
>>
>>29781011
No, I mean, It doesn't go mad.
It goes BRAINDEAD.
There is nothing but rage, not even pain.

Garchomp goes mad from the pain in its arms, but its concious of it all.
It might be better for gyarados, now that I think about it.
>>
>>29781068
dude this is getting too deep for me.
>>
File: 1325532578765.jpg (4KB, 149x155px) Image search: [Google]
1325532578765.jpg
4KB, 149x155px
>>29781068

While Pinsir has a raging boner the whole time.
>>
damn good thing I never used mega evos
>>
File: IMG_1862.gif (743KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1862.gif
743KB, 320x240px
>>29781037
Not even in the Dex.
>>
File: 1477581885261.png (35KB, 692x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477581885261.png
35KB, 692x512px
>>29779571
oh.
>>
I will never live to see megas for my Gen 2 and Gen 4 bros ;o;
>>
>>29777707
>Pointlessly violent
>eating is pinltessly violent now
wew
>>
>Kangaskhan(Mega): Mega Kangaskhan’s strength derives from the mother’s happiness about her child’s growth. Watching it grow up keeps her spirits high.
At least Mega Kangaskhan's Dex isnt dark
>>
>>29775947
That's because Ohmori is shit who can't handle direction of a game on his own.
>>
>>29781011
At least the Dark Type makes sense with that.
>>
>>29781196
>Kangaskhan(Mega): Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future.
Says otherwise.
>>
>>29781079
>Gyarados(Mega): Mega Evolution also affects its brain, leaving no other function except its destructive instinct to burn everything to cinders.
>>
File: kevin-carter-vulture.jpg (439KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
kevin-carter-vulture.jpg
439KB, 1600x1067px
>>29776729
I'd want some drawfag to replace these two memelords into Mandibuzz and Cubone
>>
>>29781585
well then go to the drawthread and request it.
>>
>>29781170
>;o;
>>
File: bones.jpg (677KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
bones.jpg
677KB, 1600x1067px
>>29781585
>>
File: laughing amoongus.png (20KB, 455x396px) Image search: [Google]
laughing amoongus.png
20KB, 455x396px
>>29781679
Thanks, anon. I also set up a drawfag request too.
>>
>>29776762
Wouldnt ray be an exception since it's the only pokemon that can naturally mega evo on it's own?
>>
Jesus, what's with this gen and the sudden turn in tone?

>Haunter: It strikes at humans from total darkness. Those licked by its cold tongue grow weaker with each passing day until they die.

>Gengar: Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.
>>
>>29781880
hey don't worry, Haunter are going extinct
>Haunter: It fears the light and revels in the dark. It may be on the verge of extinction in cities that stay brightly lit at night.
>>
>>29776729
>>29776703
>Cubone: When it thinks of its deceased mother, it weeps loudly. Mandibuzz that hear its cries will attack it from the air.
Why? You now realize Vullabies wear skulls as diapers
>>
>>29781880
>sudden turn
Haunter has been a dick since Yellow.
>By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise.
>>
>>29777055
No, you got it backwards
>>
>Metapod: Its shell is filled with its soft innards. It doesn’t move much because of the risk it might carelessly spill its innards out.
>Mimikyu: Its actual appearance is unknown. A scholar who saw what was under its rag was overwhelmed by terror and died from the shock.

"A kids game"
>>
>>29781313
That's not dark at all, it's just a joke about mom's worrying about their kids having no future, or becoming delinquents.
>>
someone get on the gardevoir entry asap.
I have to know.
>>
File: 1432123363270s.jpg (3KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
1432123363270s.jpg
3KB, 125x118px
>Aerodactyl: A Pokémon from the age of the dinosaurs. It used its sawlike fangs to shred its prey before eating them.
>dinosaurs
>>
File: wtf reading (6).png (37KB, 261x148px) Image search: [Google]
wtf reading (6).png
37KB, 261x148px
>>29782293
What's a Dinosaur?
>>
>>29782322
It's a pokemon that died in the great flood.
>>
>>29782322
A really old African Elephant
>>
>Misdreavus: It will use any means necessary to frighten people and absorb their life energy. It practices constantly to hone its skill in causing fear
Apparently it's no longer just about mischief
>>
Are we sure Rotom isn't just shitposting about any pokemon
>>
>Poliwag: The swirl on its belly is its internal organs showing through. If the swirl is tinged white, that means it’s affected by some disease.

I-internal organs..
>>
>Froslass: When it finds humans or Pokémon it likes, it freezes them and takes them to its chilly den, where they become decorations.
>>
>>29782395
You didn't know, huh?

http://bogleech.com/pokemon/allpokes/tadpoles.jpg

The swirl has always been its organs showing.
>>
>>29782395
this was already known for a while.
There's a frog irl that it's based on.
>>
>>29782389
>Rotom: the most powerful pokemon ever. You should keep them
>>
>Fletchinder: From its beak, it fires embers at its prey. Once it has caught them, it grills them at high heat before feasting upon them.
>>
>>29782583
Whatcha got on the Barbie Fletchie?
>>
>>29782411
>Stumbling into a Froslass den
>House of Wax.png
>>
>Scizor: It uses its wings to adjust its body temperature. Otherwise, its metal body would become too hot and melt in the heat of battle.
>>
File: 1456721173850.jpg (53KB, 648x484px) Image search: [Google]
1456721173850.jpg
53KB, 648x484px
>>29781068
>>29781027
>Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon features Mega Evolution
>when you Mega evolve you can clear whole hallways with a massive AOE attack, get a huge stat boost, ect
>instead of it wearing off, the Pokemon then flies into the 'Berserk' state where the player is unable to control it
>it continues moving forward on it's own and attacks anything it comes across including allies
It seems like this has been a thing for a while, like >>29777126 said. We're only noticing it now.
>>
>>29775947
Mega evolution was made to appeal to edgy young boys. This is why it was never used how we wanted, to make shit mons good, that was never its purpose. Its purpose has always been to make young boys go "oh man that's so cool!!!!!" These descriptions just reflect that.

You know every 10-13 year old is gonna think "the blood soaked crescent" is the most badass shit ever. That's all this is about.
>>
>>29782925
So does that make us scumbags for Mega evolving our mons?
>>
>>29782844
if the metal melted would it revert back to scyther?
>>
>>29782992
It would be dead
>>
>>29780967
>>29780992
Kalosians confirmed the redneck retards of the Pokemon universe? They seem to be incredibly fucking incompetent to never notice this shit

I bet Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova banned this shit and that's why you can't use them
>>
>>29782992
He is fused with a metal coat. If his exosceleton will melt, only internal organs will remain.

No, he won't become a scyther
>>
>>29780992
>Pokemanity
>>
>>29783028
Hoenn utilized them first. Blame those inbreds.
>>
>>29783028

Kalos has a ton of Mega Stones because the ultimate weapon was used there, so I feel like their method of dealing with all the inevitable mega evolutions is to go out of their way to teach kids that it's entirely based around love and trust with your Pokemon. You can't stop it from happening so you might as well limit the effects of it happening.
>>
>>29775974
This. They even had an episode in the anime over this where that bitch Korrina tried to Mega Evolve a Lucario before she was ready for it.

Started ignoring her orders, attacking everything, and eventually turned on her too I think.
>>
>>29779642
It's okay. Our girl would never turn to the dark side.
>>
>>29777368
you'd like this manga called "Doubutsu no Kuni"

it's about creating the kind of world you'd like
>>
File: turkey.jpg (858KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
turkey.jpg
858KB, 2560x1600px
>>29775947
>Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It’s been dubbed “the blood-soaked crescent.”
How topical.
>>
File: mega lucraycray.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mega lucraycray.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>29775947
>>
>Mega Pidgeot - When Pigeot Mega Evolves, its crest elongates in order to ensnare its prey and hang them off a tree
>>
Hey. Remember the Primals from ORAS?
Yeah.
>>
File: fag.png (313KB, 617x357px) Image search: [Google]
fag.png
313KB, 617x357px
And after all this, the game goes and ends on this pussy ass shit
>>
File: glaive concept.jpg (78KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
glaive concept.jpg
78KB, 697x768px
Back when we speculated about synchro evos I joked that it's the real deal, and that mega evos are the evil knockoffs for weak trainers. It's a somewhat common Japanese thing.

I guess I was sort of right.
>>
File: 1389418283377.gif (535KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1389418283377.gif
535KB, 640x360px
>>29783669
I still want to know what its mega's dex entry is. I imagine it's part of protecting its flock or something.
>>
>>29778724
Still more Atk than Onix.
>>
>>29776173
It's their way of admitting that Mega Evolution was a mistake.
>>
>>29781791
>naturally
He ate a meteorite, I don't think that's natural
>>
File: 1477807940946.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477807940946.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>29776776
Well, Team Flare was based off of Nazis.
>>
>>29786356
itallcomestogether.jpg
>>
>>29786356
Nice meme
>>
>>29786434
>invaded Pokemon France
>team members thought they were a part of the elite
>for the first time in Pokemon, one of the evil team's goals was actually to kill people
>their motif was fire
>desired for the next step in Pokemon evolution, much like Hitler desired for the next step in human evolution
>Lysandre developed machines that pushed Pokemon beyond their limits, we we now know is bad for them
>Lysandre invented the Holocaster

Is there anything else?
>>
File: 1349208249555.jpg (211KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1349208249555.jpg
211KB, 600x750px
>>29786501
>>Lysandre invented the Holocaster
You got me you mad cunt
>>
>>29776696

>Still gets fucked up by Power Herb Xernes.
>>
>tfw you will never get fucked into a bloody mess by mega houndoom

why even live
>>
>>29778080
Check these triple dubs, with a dub-dub at the end.
>>
>>29776483
So Ghost Types are in fact ACTUAL ghosts?
>>
>>29776327
>yfw mandibuzz is the one who killed cubone's mom
>it stole some of her bones and wears them as a trophy
>>
File: 375.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
375.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
Drifloon: Stories go that it grabs the hands of small children and drags them away to the afterlife. It dislikes heavy children.
>>
File: IMG_8151.jpg (48KB, 640x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8151.jpg
48KB, 640x334px
>>29786501
They claim to be stylish and Hugo Boss did design the Nazi uniform
>>
>>29776063
No more megas pls, i wanted them to retcon primals into megas too.
>>
>>29781065

Just make a edgy entry and replace the rage/hate words with lust and cum
>>
>>29782357
underrated
>>
>>29775947
Do we have the other Megas
>>
>>29788288
BREAST... Ultra Beast
>>
File: IMG_8150.png (558KB, 529x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8150.png
558KB, 529x598px
>>29789119
Yass gawd
>>
>>29789208
UGHHHH THICKKER
>>
>>29789491
His stuff's getting thick. He doesn't know it, but I'm getting firm too
>>
>When Rayquaza mega-evolves, the once responsible guardian becomes mad with power. It won't stop its rampage until it scorches the entire planet.
>>
>>29776005
>>29782228

Please
>>
>Scizor(Mega): The excess energy that bathes this Pokémon keeps it in constant danger of overflow. It can’t sustain a battle over long periods of time.
Awesome!

No, wait, that sounds like shit
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.