[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon already reached its peak years ago. It can only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: hgss.jpg (55KB, 455x309px) Image search: [Google]
hgss.jpg
55KB, 455x309px
Pokemon already reached its peak years ago. It can only get worse from now on
>>
Honest question, what the fuck do people see in these games? They were just as flawed as the rest of the games.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 570x300px
>>29769365
Ahem.
>>
>>29769400
The amount if shit you could do was insane.
>>
>>29769365
>>29769448
somebody make an image of both

best games in the series
>>
>>29769448
B2W2 were indeed good, but the OP said things would progressively get worse, and he's right. B2W2 are not as good HGSS, or even Emerald.
>>
Gen II was so bad that MILLIONS of people put down pokemon FOREVER.

Anyone who thinks it's the best is a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>29769365
HG/SS are actually poor compared to what comes before and after.
A fuckload of cut content, no location based evolutions, a battle frontier copy pasted from Platinum, and above all else a refusal to fix the level curve/other problems from th eoriginal games. They also ran poorly.

I really don't get the praise for them, but I suppose I enjoyed them.
>>
>>29770191
>HGSS
>gen 2
pick one
>>
I keep trying to play these but they are really boring, the only appeal to me is following Pokemon.
>>
>>29769365

Honestly I really liked BW2 and X/Y, but I'm also starting to feel like HG/SS were the peak.

Forgetting all the reactionary shit and what features should be added to 'save the franchise', I think what we're looking at here is GameFreak having lost direction since Gen IV.

Think about it - Since the Gen II, Pokemon has always had its main focus on the legendaries - The stories have been built around them. Like most people, at the end of Gen IV there was a feeling of "Well we have a god Pokemon and a space/time theme, how are they gonna top that?". But of course, HG/SS was a remake, so they didn't have to worry about looking forward and could just be completely hedonistic in their approach to content and cram everything in.

In that respect, when B/W followed it made sense because it rebooted the series and set it outside of Japan-inspired regions, even if it wasn't to my taste specifically it had a more story-driven approach to Pokemon and seemed to draw more inspiration from TV anime than the last 4 gens did. The direct sequels (BW2) were GF acknowledging that they wanted to buck the trend and I think most people were fine with that, even if they weren't big on how certain elements of Gen V was handled.

The trouble really came in Gen VI, when suddenly smartphone gaming was the big bogeyman and GF felt they had to compete with it in some way. All the interviews after the game had been released were kind of apologetic in tone and basically had Masuda making the argument that 'Kids are on iPhones now, so we're fighting for their attention'. That mentality still persists in GF interviews today and we'll continue down this path until GF see it differently, either from watching gaming trends change or from fans making their voices heard.

The Switch has potential for Pokemon, not because of its hardware but because a Pokemon game on the Switch will be competing in the home console market and they'll have to bring their big guns for that.
>>
>>29769400
thank you the games suck ass. so slow and the color was much worse than original
>>
>>29770397

If the Switch tries to replace the dedicated handheld Nintendo is fucked. It's not relevant enough in gimmick nor power.
It's more of a block party down the road kind of deal, not something to play on long trips.

They're gonna need a successor to the 3DS if they wanna stay relevant and pokemon would, logically, be on that unless it doesnt exist and they go full idiot. Lets hope for a bitchin spinoff game like XD/Collo on Switch.
>>
>>29770746

It will happen on the switch, for better or worse. A handheld console won't make any sense with the switch around when it does that job anyway and the communication/multiplayer features are too great for GF to pass up using for a main series game.
>>
>>29769365

ORAS outsold it and is more liked

Continue to be BTFO.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.