[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To take my mind off of the election I'm starting a Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

To take my mind off of the election I'm starting a Pokémon Platinum nuzlocke. I'll keep you updated /vp/
>>
Starter: male Piplup named Laurent
>>
good luck with purugly
>>
>>29766968
you emulating the version were the trade evolution's aren't trade locked
>>
Caught a female Starly named Florina
>>
>>29766289
Neat. Try to get some intresting pokemon?
>>
Make sure you hit that one cave hidden by the bike route anon. Having a garchop is a life saver.
>>
Also just curious but what rules do you have in place? is it just the Normal 2? what is the rule for honey trees? are legendaries banned? do shinies have special treatment?
>>
anybody else love turtwig
>>
Female Bidoof named Charlotte
>>
>>29767497
I can only catch the first Pokémon on each route unless I've already captured one, fainted Pokémon are released, I must kill every legendary, I'll try to catch a shiny if it's one I like, and honey trees/headbutting/rock smashing/surfing and fishing count as an extra chance to encounter something per route.
>>
>>29767372
Only a 20% chance, so if you have something level 19 by then, have that at the front and use a repel and it'll knock out the 10% chance for zubat to appear
>>
>>29767525
I do anon. can't believe D/P was 10 years ago
>>
>>29767610
fucking christ I was like 9
>>
>>29767654
Oh my god. I need to leave. I was 13
>>
I can't wait for the remakes on the Switch. The graphics will probably be amazing
>>
>>29767799
probably won't be on Switch.
It'll either be on 3ds or new hand held
>But the switch can be both portable and stationary
if you can't put it in a pocket or someshit then it's not a hand held device
>>
also any update OP?
>>
>>29768031
Barry's Turtwig nearly kicked my ass. High defense! I'm on route 204 looking for a new friend
>>
>>29768231
What time is it in your game? Loads of time based encounter differences are in this game
>>
I caught a male Budew! I'm naming him Virion
>>
Psyduck showed up in the Ravaged Path! Too bad I already have Piplup. I'm gonna name him Gregor
>>
>>29768324
Nighttime. I'm in the East coast US
>>
>>29768352
Run around as much as fuckinng possible to evolve budew as fast as you can. I've tried using roserade from early game budew in 2 separate runs and i've had to give it up because of missed moves that it would've learned if it was a roselia
>>
>>29768472
Budew evolves during the Day though, right? Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to evolve him
>>
>>29768472
Please tell me you caught it in a luxury ball, because that doubles the speed it'll gain friendship at
>>
>>29768513
It evolves with high happiness in the morning, there are mechanics based in 3 time sections in gen 4
>>
>>29768556
Sorry, yeah, daytime. That's probably why my budew never evolved
>>
>>29768231
I always named Barry Markus. it felt like that name suited him more. And every heracross I caught I named Markus out of love for the biggest cocaine addict in pokemon.
>>
playing along with ya op remember to buy antidotes and heals also get the quick claw from jubilife
>>
Yessss, I caught a Shinx. I'm naming him Karel
>>
>>29768524
I'm at the very beginning of the game. When can you buy Luxury Balls? I feel like it's not for a while but it's been a long time since I've played this gen
>>
>>29768657
The only good thing in X/Y was the PokeRadar and the remastered Jubilife theme
>>29768728
I think you can only buy them at the Elite 4. Nevered played Platinum by that's where i remembered in diamond.
>>
So far Florina (my Starly) is my MVP of this nuzlocke with her Wing Attack. It's actually a struggle to keep my starter at a higher level
>>
>>29768728
I'm almost certain you can buy them at the second pokemart counter in Jubilife, along with heal balls and net balls
>>
>>29768885
I was mistaken
>>
>>29768877
Shinx wasn't worth it OP
Luxuray doesn't have any physical moves in Gen 4
>>
You get the soothe bell from cheryl after eterna forest, though, so you could probably have roselia early enough to use against gardenia. Earliest you can get a shiny stone for roserade is either Iron Island or pickup on a pokemon over level 40
>>
>>29768914
It has spark and thunderfang
>>
>>29768877
I take it you like Fire Emblem? Florina, Karel, Virion...
>>
>>29769175
I was wondering how long it would take someone to figure out my naming scheme lol
>>
Caught a Female Zubat in Oreburgh Gate. Not sure if I'll use her, but I'm naming her Tharja
>>
>>29769331
At least you don't have to worry about its happiness until level 22
>>
Female Geodude in the mine, named her Effie. Probably won't use her unless I really need a rock type.
>>
>>29769532
Remember, mars' purugly
>>
>>29769331
keep Zubat and get it to Crobat, having one is like easy mode (if you know how to use it)
>>
Okay, 2 hours in and I'm taking on Roark. Wish me luck!
>>
In my mind, the perfect way to beat mars is with a trash cloak wormadam that knows bug bite, you can ignore zubat's toxic, even hit it super effectively if you level it to 23, resist her whole team's moveset, are able to bug bite her purugly's oran berry, and anticipation gives you the ability to know when to switch it out later in the run
>>
Well now I don't have to worry about evolving Budew. Roark's Cranidos is a lot stronger than I remember wow
>>
>>29769968
Yeah, 125 base attack
>>
>>29769968
Did Budew die?
>>
What did you get from the patch of grass north of oreburgh?
>>
Did you lose?
>>
20 minutes since he challenged and no report on victory. I think he lost, guys.
>>
>>29770504
how though he had a piplup my turtwig run is going smooth but for some reason all my mons have a neutral natures
>>
>>29770608
He got to roark awfully quick, don't you think? He was probably underleveled for cranidos and its ridiculous attack stat
>>
>>29770710
didn't rampardos have the highest attack stat of all pokemon in 4th gen
>>
I took a dinner break! Budew did die but Piplup pulled through for me.
>>
>>29771143
grind and hope you get a machop on route 207
>>
What did you get on route 207?
>>
>>29771559
Female Ponyta, named Sully
>>
Female Shellos in Valley Windiworks, named Mitama
>>
>>29772237
Any honey mons yet?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.