[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>worse emboar >worse trevenant >worse sylveon with flippers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: 1478355367412.png (29KB, 792x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478355367412.png
29KB, 792x500px
>worse emboar
>worse trevenant
>worse sylveon with flippers
Are all the other new gen 7 pokes doomed?
>>
>>29737893
>its slower then emboar means its worst
no its just gonna be bulky arcanine with no morning sun
>>
Wishwash is GOAT
>>
Decidueye has a higher speed and sp.def stat than Trevenant and a better overall movepool. It's Attack, HP, and Defense also don't lag much behind Trevenant either. How is it a worse trevenant?
>>
>>29737893
Primarina is going to be a killer with Scald, Ice Beam, Moonblast, Energy Ball.

Yes, it gets bloody Energy Ball.
>>
>>29737935
Because it's slower, has less HP, has less offenses, and a worse movepool and typing is what generally makes it worse.

>>29738043
Having a higher speed being 70 base speed doesn't actually matter since it's not outrunning anything notable. And Decidueye doesn't have any of the things that make Trevenant good, like a good ability to use with that moveset that's lacking things like leech seed, will-o-wisp, wood hammer/horn leech, and earthquake. That 3 lower attack looks even worse when you're comparing 107 leaf blade to 110 wood hammer.
>>
>>29737893
They were so worried about anything being overpowered it's all shit.
>>
>>29738166
>its slower
>but its defence is way better
>ability that helps it be defensive
>only thing it needs is Morning sun to be another bulky arcanine
>>
>>29737969
Is it actually good?
I thought it was absurdly slow. And it loses all its killing power at 50% hp right?
>>
>>29738401
It becomes a shitmon at 25% hp apparently.
>>
Litten is better than emboar dude, dont even meme like that
>>
>>29737893
They're ally mediocre. Looks like Incineroar > Decidueye > Primarina though

>>29738163
Doesn't matter because it's a tank that gets no recovery and has mediocre HP and Def.
>>
>>29738163
Are you stupid?
>>
>>29738423
That's pretty cool.
I really wanna see the stat spread for wishiwashi and mimikyu most of all.
>>
Since when have starters ever been anything to write home about in the first place? Up to Gen 6, only seven of the 18 starters are "competitively viable", and four of those are due to their hidden abilities.

Most Pokemon introduced in any Gen aren't even viable for competitive, so I'd just wait and see what happens instead of waste hope that your favorite will be the few lucky good ones.
>>
>>29738459
You wouldn't use it as a reliable recovery mon, you would use it offensively i.e. Specs. See Sylveon.

>>29738489
Are you?
>>
>>29738498
Its Speed stat seems to be pretty horrendous actually, so it will be a popular Trick Room addition I guess.
>>
Decidueye will be used for locking opponents in with Spirit Shackle and then setup for a Baton Pass. Probably RU/UU.

Primarina will be a special wall with Scald giving it a hand on the physical side of stuff. Liquid Voice doesn't seem to be that great outside of Hyper Voice in doubles, kind of a waste. Still OU/UU material with its typing.

I honestly don't know about Incineroar but I feel like it will end up either in RU or NU. Maybe it can luck out and be UU. Maybe someone else can cover this guy.

Outside of Primarina, the starters are very lackluster. All slow as fuck to begin with, and two of them don't specialize in anything.
>>
>>29737893
Decidueye isn't so bad, not very good but not horrible. It's attack and special attack stat can make it a mixed attacker, it's speed with a beneficial nature and choice scarf let it outspeed some Pokemon, Special Defense could use assault vest outside of typing, access to both swords dance and nasty plot, access to sucker punch, Shadow Shackle fear may force a switch letting it set up or sub. Not amazing but not bad.
>>
>>29738538
Are his offenses as crazy as we all hoped?
And is he a physical attacker or special?
>>
>>29738596
ment Spirit Shackle lol
>>
>>29738543
I see Decidueye as RU. It has a lot of cool utility moves like Defog and whatnot but it's still on the slow side and it's weak to Pursuit and Knock Off and all that.

If Liquid Voice gives a damage boost, I see Primarina being good in UU. Otherwise, it might just be mid UU or so. No recovery sucks.

Incineroar I can see as RU or UU, but not particularly good in UU. No Knock Off, Pursuit or Sucker Punch plus it has to compete with Arcanine who already isn't anything special.
>>
>>29738543
Primarina is literally just a worse milotic dude. It wont even be UU

Rowlet will go straight to nu, terrible defensive typing and slow with shit hp means its over, not to mention its mediocre attacking stats

Incineraor might get to low UU thanks to its bulk and acess to intimidate and self recovery through leech life, but i doubt it.

All the starters are ass
>>
>>29737893
Are you retarded? Incineroar is easily superior to Emboar.
>>
>>29738459
Decidueye is definitely the worst, only not-shit thing about it is that movepool (and it still doesn't get shadow sneak or anything good against steel types); bad stat distribution, situational HA, no STAB priority, slow as fuck and paper thin defenses.

Primarina and Incineroar eh, they're subpar but not as bad.
>>
>>29737893
Better Emboar actually, it has good defenses and Intimidate.
>>
>>29738538
Too bad trick room was nerfed to 3 turns...
>>
>>29738531
Sylveon is superior in every single way though so there's absolutely no reason to ever use Primarina. And yes, it absolutely desperately needs a recovery.
>>
>>29737893
>worse trevenant
That sounds pretty bad considering Trevenant is a worse Gourgeist.
>>
>>29738649
You can't be serious. Primarina has the highest SpAtk among all Fairies that aren't Legends/Megas. And more importantly, it actually has universal coverage options so as not to be walled by Fire or Poison or Steel or Grass or Water.
>>
>>29738601
Its Attack Is really high, Sp Def is pretty darn high as well, with pretty good defense and pretty alright Sp Att. What i can gather from the screens anyway.
>>
>>29738710
Its milotic without the recovery or defense

Its shit
>>
>>29738764
Ok so you're illiterate, gotcha.
>>
>>29738648
How bout you supply some sauce to that entree anon
>>
>>29738710
>muh high SpAtk
That is literally useless on it. It having high SpAtk means absolutely nothing.

Also it gets no recovery and doesn't have the defense/HP to take a hit. Period. It's a worse Sylveon/Milotic. There is no arguing this.
>>
>>29738543
Doesn't Decidueye get U-Turn?
>>
>>29738835
On a scale of 1 to 10 how blind are you? Did you forget it's a fucking Water/Fairy type?

>doesn't have the defense/HP to take a hit
By your logic, Klefki is shit.
>muh Prankster
Two can play that game with you completely disregarding Primarina's SpAtk and coverage.
>>
>>29738954
>comparing a utility mon with all priority moves to a slow attacker who will need to take hits before it can dish out its own but it doesn't have any good recovery whatsoever so it will get whittled down with damage

Just get the fuck out bro, you don't know shit about competitive.
>>
>>29739000
Way to dodge the point, idiot. The utility mon still has to take damage with no means of recovery and shit defenses. There's something you're missing about it defensively that you don't seem to want to consider which explains why you really are clueless of how Primarina would be useful.
>>
>>29738770
Its LITERALLY a shittier milotic
>>
>>29739054
PRIORITY utility moves you faggot

Usually once Klefki sets up its job is done and you can switch

Primarina NEEDS to be out there and take hits BEFORE it can attack, and that is just shit for it because it literally cannot restore its own HP reliably

You cannot be this much of a fucking moron. Klefki is a completely different Pokemon that can do its job well. Primarina is a completely different Pokemon that can't do its job well. Simple as that.
>>
File: smug nep.png (620KB, 614x491px) Image search: [Google]
smug nep.png
620KB, 614x491px
>all 3 starters are garbage
NU tier for nu-pokemon, how fitting
>>
>>29738043
"Better" speed doesn't help you when you're still not outspeeding anything relevant.
>>
>>29739167
Milotic is defensively oriented. Primarina is offensively oriented. How is this hard for you to process?

>>29739181
So you're going to give zero credit to Klefki's typing? You realize Klefki has to fucking switch in on Pokemon, right? It doesn't magically appear on the field.

Or if you want to play clueless, go ahead and answer why Azumarill wasn't OU until Gen VI despite having Huge Power. Oh what's the matter? It's a tank-oriented mon with shit defenses, no recovery, and big attacking power too.
>>
Decidueye is GUARANTEED to be at least BL3 - there is no fucking way that a Trapping Baton Passer with both Sword Dance and Nasty Plot is going to be allowed to roam the fuck around in NU.
>>
>>29739325
>Primarina is offensively oriented.
And that makes it ABHORRENTLY BAD because of how slow it is. How is that hard for you to process?
>>
There is one thing that can redeem all of them.
If only there were a speed boosting held item, they all would be usable.
Gen 6 introduced assault vest, a new game changing item. So there is still hope for gen 7 shitmon starters.
>>
>>29739000
Screenied this lol
>>
>>29740772
Choice Scarf?
>>
>>29741075
That locks them to only one move
But yeah I forgot about scarf so a new speed boosting item is unlikely.
>>
>>29737935
Speed is literally the only thing that matters.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.