[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modest Assault Vest Use Spirit Shackle on bulky Water and Ghost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: dead_owl.png (48KB, 283x287px) Image search: [Google]
dead_owl.png
48KB, 283x287px
Modest
Assault Vest
Use Spirit Shackle on bulky Water and Ghost types that are primarily Special Attackers and keep hitting them with Giga Drain or Shadow Ball.

There's his niche.
>>
>>29732708
This. It will easily reach Ubers like Blaziken and Greninja if it gets even a decent HA.
>>
>>29732727
lmao okay not ubers
but i see hope in him for OU
>>
Why has no one thought of this yet?
>>
>Modest nature
>with a physical attack

Nice.
>>
>>29732708
Why would bulky waters or ghosts switch into a grass/ghost type?
>>
>>29732708
>bulky water sees him switch in
>"oh lol i bet he's running that gimmick giga drain set I should switch to something that outspeeds him and resists grass and can hit him on one of his five weaknesses
>so pretty much anything lmao

Spirit shackle, while a good move, is not fucking shadow tag. You do not get to pick what you trap with spirit shackle. It does not have priority and certainly does not take priority over switching.
>>
File: 1478493943676.jpg (13KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
1478493943676.jpg
13KB, 500x297px
>>29732727
>Easily
>Being so much in denial.
>>
>>29732791
I guess OP's set is using spirit shackle just for the utility. And I don't see why not.
>>
Primarina, come back!
Go, Tyranitar!
Enemy Decidueye used Spirit Shackle!

Tyranitar used Pursuit!
>>
>Everyone ignores that it gets Sucker Punch
Also OP it should probably be Quiet natured
>>
>Modest
>Spirit Shackle is physical
You'll want a -Def or -Spe nature more than likely.
Also the bulky waters and ghosts you're supposed to 'trap' will just switch out before you can shackle them.
>>
>>29732845
>implying non STAB sucker punch even means shit on something with only 105 base attack

I mean yeah maybe if it gets a boosting move, but without STAB it's just going to be worse at using it than Bisharp.
>>
>send in Decidueye on a Water/Ghost-type
>they switch out for Bisharp/Weavile

ded Decidueye
>>
>>29732841
Decidueye will most likely be faster than Ttar and one can shot it with super effective Grass STAB.
>>
>>29732841
>Trannyrina
>>
> see decidueye switch on my primarina
> switch to my incineroar
> pursuit

:)
>>
>>29732894
>special move
>EVER OHKOing ttar
>>
>>29732894
>105 offense
>OHKOing Tyranitar

not on your life kid
>>
>>29732907
>Decidueye used Water Blast!
>>
>>29732894
Most stat estimates put him at 65 speed which is only very slightly higher than Tyranitar's 61. Considering that Jolly max speed is the default for mega sets I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that he will outspeed more often than not especially if Decidueye is running some meme defensive set.
>>
>>29732876
I would've preferred Shadow Sneak but if an AssVest set is gonna be attempted something needs to go into that last slot.

Also even with a boosting move it would be worse than Bisharp.

Thanks for reminding me that these days 105 is "just" 105. I'm not sure where the power creep all went wrong.
>>
>>29733015
Remember when 80 was 'decently fast'?
>>
>>29733039
I'm not sure if it was the overall base stats of Gen 5 mons or if Mega Evolution pushed it off the edge.

A fun fact: every fully evolved Gen 5 Pokemon except for Watchog will have at least 1 stat above 100. Not sure if any other gen is similar.
>>
>>29733015
Hidden abilities were the point of no return for power creep.
>>
>>29733015
>Thanks for reminding me that these days 105 is "just" 105.
fuck me, I remember when anything above 110 was a godsend
>>
>>29732708
I'm hoping for leech seed with spirit shackle and giga drain as you mentioned. Throw in protect and you have a nice staler even if its typing is shit defensively.
>>
>>29733090
>110 speed is now the minimum you need to be considered fast
>>
>>29733067
I'd say megas, everyone is now expecting to use one mon with uber-tier base stats on their team now, everything else looks lesser in comparison
>>
>>29733067
And Swanna.
>>
>>29732708
Send it out with Tapu Bulu on doubles

Leftovers + leech seed + giga drain + grassy terrain

it'd be pretty hard to pull though
>>
>>29733101
The issue with any attempt to stall with him is that spirit shackle can't actually trap things he's good against since you get a switch before it.

Incineroar is funnily enough basically the perfect counter since it resists both of his STABs, is immune to burn assuming as a ghost it gets WoW, will outspeed and will hit on its weaker defense. Porygon2 is also an extremely good counter since it's immune to spirit shackle and always carries either ice beam or better yet foul play.
>>
File: 1476736389017.png (8KB, 569x142px) Image search: [Google]
1476736389017.png
8KB, 569x142px
>>29732907
>He doesn't switch out
>Decidueye takes 4 damage
>Decidueye used Earth Power!

:)
>>
>>29733188
>Magby used Lava Plume!
>>
>>29732708
anon no, he's not a speedy sweeper so he's insta shit! dont you know anything!? he's shit!!!!! slow = shit!!!! always 100% of the time

I play nothing but fast sweepers on all my teams with 4 attacks, trust me I know what I'm talking about
>>
File: It's what I do.jpg (10KB, 186x270px) Image search: [Google]
It's what I do.jpg
10KB, 186x270px
>>29733208
>4 damage
>A Grass type learning Earth Power
You poor, poor fool.
>>
>>29732708
spirit shackle + curse
>>
>>29733248
While the Pursuit thing is dumb as fuck, Earth Power wouldn't be insane. Sunkern line, Celebi, Lileep line, and Shaymin get it. Turtwig line also gets it, but Torterra is Ground-type so it seems to be a given.
>>
>>29732708
>HA is like Multiscale, but with feathers
>Use Spirit Shackle, Toxic/Wow/Leech seed, Roost, and Filler (Probably Sub)
>Becomes an op stallbreaker that kills anything not normal by trapping them.
>>
>>29733248
Shaymin,Sunflora,Torterra (he's cheating tho), Celebi, Cradily
>>
>>29733229
>trust me guys slow grass type mixed attacker #23 will totally be good

>>29733332
#1 rule of grass types is that they never learn fire type moves.
#2 rule, you can't get ground coverage if you're not a legendary or a shitmon (see Serperior for example)

>>29733372
Still doesn't deal with the Porygon2 problem. This thing literally can't do anything to him except status him then die and literally any pokemon could do that.
>>
>>29732708
Trap moves are kinda worthless unless this thing gets Pursuit level priority
>>
>>29733520
Rule #1 is shit because Gourgeist gets Flamethrower.
Rule #2, meh, I guess. I wouldn't rule out the possibility, though.
>>
why would any water or ghost type stay in on this...

>inb4 predicting the switch

why would they switch in?
>>
>>29733574
>one NU shitmon invalidates the general truism that grass type special attackers almost always end up having to carry Hidden Power Ice/Ground/Fire due to an arbitrary lack of good coverage options compared to other types

The fact that Serperior has such utter dogshit coverage is pretty much the only thing that keeps him under control.
>>
>>29733332
Cradily is part rock, Torterra is ground. The others are legendary so their movepools are exceptional. Sunflora is the only grass type that gets it without these criteria, so no, it would not be typical on a grass Pokemon. In fact Sunflora and Hydreigon are the only Pokemon that get it that aren't rock, ground or legendary.
>>
>>29733626
I mean, yeah, one Pokemon does break the rule that a Grass-type can never get a Fire-type move. It was stated that can't happen but it already has. I didn't say a GOOD Pokemon broke the rule.
>>
>>29733654
Gourgeist gets it because it has fire in its theme as a jack-o-lantern. Owl doesn't have any fire.
>>
>>29733637
I never said it was typical. I said it wouldn't be insane. It's merely a possibility, despite being highly unlikely.
>>
>>29733680
I never said Owl would get Fire-type moves, I said he was wrong in that Grass-types can't get Fire-types moves. I could see the owl maybe getting Will-o-wisp, but something like Flamethrower? No.
>>
>>29733686
It would be insane because Earth Power is not at all a grass coverage move. Pokemon only get it if it's somewhat thematic, and Sunflora is at least a plant that roots into the earth. It doesn't play into Decidueye's themes at all.
>>
>>29733520
>One Pokemon completely invalidates a potential strategy because you have to use the strategy
Um Wat? The whole point of that strategy is to trap walls that aren't normal and waste their HP down until they give up. So how does using Porygon2 make this strategy use itself invalidate the strategy?
>>
>>29733753
I still really wouldn't call it insane. A lot of legendaries get it for no reason, though I guess that could be chalked up to being... Well, legendaries. I'm merely saying we shouldn't rule it out as a possibility, no matter how unlikely it is, until we get definitive proof.
>>
File: 1470887324959.jpg (156KB, 453x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470887324959.jpg
156KB, 453x640px
>>29733520
>Still doesn't deal with the Porygon2 problem. This thing literally can't do anything to him except status him then die and literally any pokemon could do that.
>Hey, my Pokemon is really bad against this thing. Guess I'll just stay in until I lose.
>>
>>29733803
You might as well say it will get Ice Beam and Draco Meteor. Can't rule out the possibility!

It has exactly 0 chance of getting Earth Power.
>>
>>29732708
ufw it get ghost type gale wings
>>
>>29733755
You don't get to pick what you trap because you lack the superpriority that shadow tag gets. Trapseed sets might work in the first month or so of S/M OU but people will wise up very, very quickly. PG2 is just the prime example of something that shits on this thing. Sableye/M-Sableye will also destroy it. Weavile resists shackle and will probably OHKO with knock off.

I'm not going to spend too much time theorycrafting counters to random grass pokemon using an annoying subseed set #201.
>>
File: expanddimmadong.jpg (46KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
expanddimmadong.jpg
46KB, 500x371px
>yfw Decidueye's HA is an automatic Ring Target on the opponent
>>
>>29732727
>Grass-type
>Ubers

You gotta be pretty fuckin spectacular to even get near such things, consider the only one there flinches its targets to death
>>
>>29733910
>people will wise up very, very quickly.
yes, they will realize that spamming spirit shackle will be a pretty good strategy and will cry for being "forced" to use a normal type pokemon.
>>
>>29733853
Well, I'm not going to rule out the possibility of Ice Beam as there have been Grass-types in the past to get it, though I believe it was likely due to their Water-type or Ice-type side. So while it's 99.999% likely that it won't get Ice Beam, GameFreak can be weird sometimes.
Draco Meteor has never been learned by any Grass-types ever, so the analogy doesn't really work.
>>
>>29732727
I'd say he creates his own tier below PU.
Guts Ursaring is better than this thing.
Then again, guts ursaring does some ridiculous damage. After a swords dance, it two shots Mega steelix with facade.
>>
>>29732708
fuck off verslify you memer
>>
>>29734005
Or forced to carry a dark type with knock off that can resist a mediocre BP move from a mediocre 105 attack and easily threaten an OHKO. I mean you can counterargue by saying BBUT WHAT IF I CARRY WOW TOO but you're just going down into the weeds there.

Decidueye is not going to be significantly better at subseeding than Trevenant unless it gets a good HA.
>>
File: 1476124791760.jpg (48KB, 398x496px) Image search: [Google]
1476124791760.jpg
48KB, 398x496px
>Modest
>Assault Vest
>Rain Dance

STRAIGHT TO UBERS!
>>
>>29734145
Assault Vest only allows the user to use attacking moves, so Rain Dance + Assault Vest wouldn't work.
>>
watch him get pure power for speed
>>
>>29733680
Gourgeist deserved high special attack.
>>
>>29732708

Spirit Shackle won't prevent Ghost types from switching.
>>
>>29732912
>fights with knives and arrows
>signature move is physical
>starting STAB move is physical
>other STAB moves we've seen are physical
>Attack is as high or higher than SpAtk
>"THIS SPECIAL ATTACKER CANNOT HARM TTAR"

there's a small hole in your logic here, anon
>>
>>29734096
I can counterargue by saying that switching out to a fighting type is pretty much all it takes to get rid of your pokemon. With Decidueye youre pretty much guaranteed to kill a pokemon. The only thing you can reliably do to kill it is Pursuit. And that is only if Decidueye doesnt get U-turn.
>>
>>29732708
People say Decidueye is going to be very bad, and while it does look bad on paper, everyone is looking at from the standpoint of the Gen 5 and Gen 6 metagames. Gen 7's metagame is non existent at this point. We don't know how it will function.
>>
>>29734179
It was a jab at Verlisify you dip.
>>
>>29734257
Trap effects have never, ever persisted after switching out except for through baton passing (which only works when you're faster than what you're trapping or can take a hit from it). Mean look passing Umbreon used to be a thing a long time ago. So all you accomplish in this scenario is at best trading NFE chip damage for NFE chip damage, and at worst trading chip on a dark type for an item on your fighting type.
>>
>>29734274
Regardless of the metagame, poor speed already put a damper on its potential.
>>
>>29734354
Ferrothorn, Mega Mawile, Bisharp, Clefable, Amoongus, Azumarril, Breloom, Gliscor, Heatran, Heracross, Hippowdon, Magnezone, Rotom, Tangrowth, Slowbro, Venusaur, Tyranitar. Speed does what exactly until we actually test it out? All of those are OU granted some are megas and some of them are VGC top tier.
>>
>>29734491
Most of those have at least one of these:
>extremely high stats (megas, huge power, sp.def boost from auto-sand)
>have a great ability
>have a ton of resistances and lack of weaknesses
>spore

For Decidueye, we can also get an idea of what it'll be like based on Gourgeist and Trevenant both of which are pretty slow like it is. It's going to need a really great HA or some phenomenal move set.
>>
>>29734351
>____ have never, ever

Get that dumb shit out of here.
>>
>>29734354
At least it won't be as shitty as Meganium or Torterra.
>>
>>29734354
We don't know it's HA yet, Sableye, Gliscor, Talonflame, Serperior will be much less viable without their HA.

Most of the things you list are either super bulky, have good typing, STAB priority with boosting moves and good typing tho.
>>
>>29734248
This. Expect Robinhoot to get Sword Dance and Leaf Blade.

T-tar won't know what hit him.
>>
>>29732708
>Ghost type
He's getting Will-O-Wisp.
>>
>>29734751
Fuck you Torterra is awesome

I hope this thing gets Shadow Sneak
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.