[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love them or hate them, Game Freak is going to do a Kanto remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: kantoplain.gif (560KB, 1173x957px) Image search: [Google]
kantoplain.gif
560KB, 1173x957px
Love them or hate them, Game Freak is going to do a Kanto remake within the next 5 or so years. How do you feel about this, /vp/?
>>
>>29727130
it better not suck
>>
Kinda looking forward to it in all honesty, I didn't like FRLG
>>
>>29727346
The Sevii Islands were one of the better parts of FireRed/LeafGreen, even if most of the game was pretty bland. The problem is that they were too scared to tamper with the source material. I wouldn't mind them doing a more liberal interpretation of the original Kanto journey, like the changes HGSS and ORAS had. Also cross gen Kanto families shouldn't be evo locked but that goes without saying by now.
>>
>>29727705
>Sevii Islands
>Good
Literally were only ever relevant for Johto Pokemon (which aren't a rarity anymore like in Gen 3) and that one island that Lorelei came from (it's always nice seeing gym leaders and elite four members outside of their traditional setting).
>>
>>29727130
Sinnoh would be better.
>>
>>29727130
Has this been confirmed?
>>
>>29728546
Anon they were cozy as fuck. I was hoping Alola would have some tiny island chains to go with their main islands, was disappointed that didn't happen.
>>
>>29727130

It's another game to play and I won't complain about that (unlike the bitches that cry about remakes)

But really, I want GF to focus on the other gens and not just Gen 1 all the time, they're trying to cater to the old Gen 1 fans, those fans who ditched Pokemon after gen 1, why cater to them instead of the fans who are still here?

They should focus on new generations and making them loved and popular, keep the current fans happy and stop trying to bring back those fans who ditched 18 years ago.

The Gen 1 pandering needs to stop, it's in pretty much every generation and it's getting stale.
>>
>>29727130
I would be happy if it was a really lavish 3D remake, but I want it include full evolution branches too. Let me be able to pick from every eeveelution, let me catch the gen 2 pokemon that were there in g/s/c, etc.
>>
>>29727130
>S.S. Aqua
>>
Why not a sequel to GSC where you start in Kanto? I'd play the shit out of it
>>
>>29729652
It's a map from GSC I think
>>
>>29727130
Where does the SS anne travel?
>>
>>29727130
If its a sequel, then perfect. I'd prefer a Kanto sequel to anything else. Because its a new game with new content, it its a small region that won't strain the 3DS, but still add a year to Gen 7 so its not too short. Then we have an updated Kanto, and other, better regions can benefit from more powerful hardware later on
>>
>>29727130
Would be cool if they improve the routes and pokemon diversity. Kanto has great layout and movement between areas, as well as options, but all the areas and options are bland. The most interesting spots in the game are the Power Plant and Cinnabar mansion. Also every route is pidgey + rattata/oddish + new mon
>>
File: 1477730441893.gif (856KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477730441893.gif
856KB, 500x375px
>>29729437
Agreed. Post game islands are always comfy as fuck
>sevii islands
>gen 4 postgame
>sitting in a new, secluded mini region exploring new pokemon and areas
>>
>Kanto remake with special/physical split
All I ever wanted
>>
>>29727130
you forgot posting behind bill's house on the map
>>
I'd prefer a sequel. It's been remade two times already
>>
>>29731961

there's a patch for the 3rd gen remakes that does this

also adds in a lot of new moves
>>
>>29729939
it goes under the steep road obviously.
>>
>>29727130
we walked through kanto on gameboy, gameboy color, gba and ds
and of course also on the 3ds...if it's gonna happen

kanto's getting really annoying over the time
>>
>>29732109
>>29731989
>>29731770
>>29731700
>>29729699
>>29729512
>>29727130
Why a kanto remake when they can make Gen 2 sequel, silver you start at kanto and in gold you start at johto, Gen 2 was made as an expansion too Gen 1 there's no need to separate them and is better if they just gave as the full package
>>
>>29727130
If they do it they might aswell let you visit Jhoto afterwards.
>>
>>29727130
I'd like to see sinnoh and unova redone first. They are in the bit-style and have not had remakes yet.
>>
>>29732864
How about you start in a new region connected to Kanto or Johto by the north or west or whatever and then you can go to wither kanto or johto (or both?) in the postgame.
>>
>>29729319
Yeah, I would love for them to do sinnoh and do the underground area again.
>>
>>29732109
Really when are they going to make another region with independent dex we have France and Hawaii regions but no, weird how alola was introduce as a region distinct from the others with Pokémon that only exist there , and half the Dex are from other region
>>
>>29732965
Ehh, I'd prefer the main game to be in an improved version of Kanto for the main game if they end up doing that kind of thing,
>>
>>29732965
That be great but the remake is going to eventually happen and a sequel in those regions would be best, maybe they'll do it with unova or the other regions
>>
>>29732864
I'd prefer they kept Kanto and Johto separate and improved both. They have no real need to be forced together forever.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.