[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm confused. For the most part, /vp/ is very accepting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 18

File: rowlet_by_bluekomadori-da23wgp.jpg (91KB, 1280x865px) Image search: [Google]
rowlet_by_bluekomadori-da23wgp.jpg
91KB, 1280x865px
I'm confused.

For the most part, /vp/ is very accepting of others using Pokemon with less-than-desirable stats/typings, barring shitposters. We all have that one, dozen, or more Pokemon that we care for despite it being statistically awful.

What makes Decidueye any different? Is it because of the Starter wars? Do some people think that Rowletfags are getting their "just desserts" for wanting to choose it instead of THEIR pick? Do some people really care that much if a Pokemon is OU material that they'll drop it instantly if it isn't? Is it just the vocal minority? From what I can tell, it's all people who weren't even picking Rowlet to begin with. Just mudslinging for the sake of validating their choice even further, which is completely unnecessary.

Decidueye is a neat owl based off of an archer that uses its wing and feathers like a bow and arrows, narrowing its field of view like a scope with its hood. I really do believe that concept, design, and execution of an idea are a lot more important than competitive viability when playing favorites (If it is viable on top of that, excellent!). That said, I truly am happy with his type and stat distribution, even though it's nowhere near what we expected. Decidueye is cool regardless of type/stats, like a lot of Pokemon, so I'm going to use it.

Here's hoping for a nice Hidden Ability! My bet is on Sniper.

Incineroar is really cool too! Power to you guys!
>>
>>29726581
/thread
>>
>>29726581
So it's a question of days before this whole storm stops?
>>
>>29726449
Owlfags are the most annoying, that's why.
>>
As a guy who's using decidueye it does piss me off that it has the stat spread that it has. Grass has always had the short end of the stick and when it looked like we finally had a good stater it comes with the most idiotic stats I've seen for it's design.
Sniper would be a terrible hidden ability unless they buffed critical hits. It's only chance at redemption it has is its HA is an auto trick room.
>>
If you're looking at it objectively, I don't think it's a "just desserts" situation. Overwhelmingly, rowletfags weren't confrontational. They were happy with their owl, cool design, neat final typing. Sittin pretty while popfags and littenfags tore each other apart, with littenfags attacking popplio and popfags attacking luchalitten.

Today though, there's finally a reason to attack rowlet. An outlet for all that pent up insecurity about their own starter choices. "Now I don't have to feel bad for picking Tony the Tiger because slowl!!" "I'll take a girly starter any day b4 shitmon owl!!"

Just enjoy who you want to enjoy, hope for good HAs for all the starters, and most of all, remember that Gamefreak isn't really thinking too hard when it comes to game balance and design. Only the strength of the idea of Pokémon has enabled them to stay alive this long.
>>
>>29726449
I'm not exactly sure what the fuck is their problem, but I can guarantee you it's all primarinafags as they always do raids to hate on shit constantly, despite "liking" it
You would imagine those who, were in the most literal sense of the concept, were anti-bullying since popplio was the most bashed on and hated of the three, but instead, are doing it themselves, to the point if you were to try to have a civil ballio thread for whatever reason, they would come in droves to relish in the fact that primarina is real and to bash on everyone, despite most actual ballio fans being extremely kind and accepting, WHICH they actually did with a ballio funeral thread, and even outright said no Decidueye on one of their threads because one shit poster on a thread posted it to get (you)s
It's actually rather ironic when you think about it, they were never really anti-bullying to begin with since they're the most hostile community here as of yet, so that brings up the question, what is their motive?
>Inb4 LEL BUTTHURT OWLFAG ALURT HAHAHA
It's not butthurt if there's actual evidence proving my statement
>>
>>29726581
>>29726700
These apply to all of the starters though. Not even just 7th gen. All gens. Shitposters are quick to say that the other two choices are trash and by association each group passes off as annoying assholes to the other two.

"Ugh Meganiumfags are the worst defending their shitmon"
">Still liking Memefrog"
etc etc
>>
>>29726581

First answer best answer.
>>
>>29726449
People on this board will find any reason to shit on your opinion if it's different than theirs. Every conflict on /vp/ boils down to this single point. Most of the people here simply do not respect the opinions of others since they are protected by anonymity. That's all there is to it. It's just another petty squabble among underaged antisocialites and manchildren. This board's only saving grace is how quickly shit gets leaked here.
>>
>>29727080
>What is their motive?

To rub their "best starter" who overcame its "bullied" stage and turned out elegant and pretty on everyone's face by the end of it?

Sure I'm not the only one who noticed many many, many people wanting Popplio to become something other than not ugly. You'd think that a anti-bullying gang like them (doesn't apply to everyone) would support Popplio no matter which evolution it would get and yet would get rather... uptight whenever something not that favorable is brought to mention. Like, I've heard plenty people going "I'm so glad Popplio didn't become something big and fat". Now they've got a final evolution they are definitely proud about and they aren't afraid to show their pride, showing how superior Popplio has become to the other two.

Says a lot about them.

I wouldn't worry about them, but expect them to turn quite abhorrent in the next five months.
>>
>>29726581
Fpbp. Goddamn owlfag tears delicious.
>>
I wasn't even aware that people had a problem with Rowlet fans.
>>
File: 1477762523605.jpg (66KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1477762523605.jpg
66KB, 576x576px
>Projection: The Thread
>>
>>29726449
It's just shitposters. Remember when decidueye was announced grass ghost?
>>
File: IMG_1775.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1775.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>29726581
>>
>>29728986
why are primarina fans so obnoxious?
>>
>>29727602
As someone that doesn't like Popplio and likes Primarina, I would have taken Ballio too. It looks creepy, but it was so ridiculous it made me laugh. But then again, I was one of the people that switched starters because I fucking hate what Litten turned into.
>>
It's amazing how quickly people forget the past when it makes them look good.
>>
File: 224.jpg (98KB, 570x550px) Image search: [Google]
224.jpg
98KB, 570x550px
Wait, people only like Pokemon because of stats? I thought the whole reason people were complaining about the starters to begin with was because they didn't like the designs. At least Decidueye will wind up being more useful than my favorite Pokemon will ever be.
>>
>>29726449
Other Pokemon fans get into their favorites knowing they're shitmon and hoping they become good someday, but accepting them as they are now.

Rowletfans didn't have that buffer. People liked it before it was a shitmon, then it became a shitmon out of nowhere. It's the same as if any other Pokemon turned into a shitmon within a generation. Like how every single metagrossfan felt between gens 4 to 6 before its mega.
>>
>>29726886
This. Rowletfriends did nothing wrong, but we still got punished with a retarded stat spread and at the same time got framed unfairly by falsified stories and falseflaggers.
>>
>>29729134
if your favorite pokemon is pic related you are my absolute nigga
>>
File: IMG_1748.gif (5KB, 260x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1748.gif
5KB, 260x192px
>>29726886
>with littenfags attacking popplio and popfags attacking luchalitten.
>>
File: 1459809959491.gif (1023KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
1459809959491.gif
1023KB, 500x310px
>>29729192

>Tfw slow fragile mixed attackers.
>>
>>29726449
Starter wars and even moreso that Rowlet's line was easily the most hyped starter.
>>
>>29729226
>octazooka is still only a dice roll to lower accuracy
>octillery still has equal atk and spatk even though its special movepool vastly outweighs its physical one
it's not fucking fair
>>
>>29726449
It's because the expectation was so much different than the result. Majority of people expected Decidueye to be Greninja 2.0, and certainly not a bulky, slow mixed attacker of all fucking things.
>>
>>29726449
I don't think you understand how hostile owlfags have been to people that like the Incineroar and Primarina lines. They can't even stop shitting on their designs while the mourn the owl's stats. Fuck them.
>>
File: FriendCone.gif (438KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
FriendCone.gif
438KB, 500x281px
>>29729134
Octillery is not one of my favorites, but I can respect good taste when I see it.
>>
Am I the only poppfag and owlfag that never talked shit to any littenfag?

Sure I don't like litten cause it's design bores me a little but I don't go around talking shit about someone's starter

I always think keeping my mouth silent is the best option when it comes to opinions
>>
>>29729178

Keep on thinking that. Trying to engage a rowletfag in a civil discussion about the problems in the design is literally impossible without them getting positively rabid about "defending" their choice from imagined attacks.
>>
>>29728986
Let me direct you to >>29727602

Well, with everyone giving their say about this topic, might as well throw my two cents in

I have been teased the shit out of from both the interest and friends that I like a shitmon

"LOL anon you unironically like meganium? Your such a fucking loser, it's all about power that determines my favorite" it's things like this that really Piss me off because there are people that active on this board like poliwhorl but shit on others for not having a better starter choice because it's stats are low and it has bad distribution

Ever since day one I had liked decidueye and it took me a while to warm up to the others (incineroar is very cool Tony the tiger and primarina has to be the best tranny in existence), and yes, I did expect it to be this gens greninja and I would be completely happy I with that since I would know that I liked the most popular starter before it was known but it didn't turn into a speed devil, but I'm still perfectly fine with that because it has the best design in my opinion of course

But what I'm trying to get across is, don't try to make others feel bad just because of a few slip ups, it's perfectly fine to have a few flaws, nothing should be perfect or else it would be boring, right?
>>
File: IMG_0761.jpg (45KB, 188x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0761.jpg
45KB, 188x280px
>>29726886
>Overwhelmingly, rowletfags weren't confrontational. They were happy with their owl, cool design, neat final typing. Sittin pretty while popfags and littenfags tore each other apart, with littenfags attacking popplio and popfags attacking luchalitten.

>literally entering incineroar threads to declare robinhoot is better
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29369010/#29369266
>same thing happened just yesterday
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29668066/#29674488

>this all the way from August
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/27557317/#27563374
>>
>>29729309
>ITT Rowletfags pretend they were angels this whole leak season
>>
>>29726661
Yes.
Unless the olwposters start bitching about it, then it would take longer and longer.
>>
File: x board is one person.png (25KB, 507x565px) Image search: [Google]
x board is one person.png
25KB, 507x565px
>>29729309
>>29729422

>All people who liked Rowlet were in on this.
>>
>>29729134
>>29729226
Decidueye/Octillery ship when?
>>
>>29726449
>All of this finger pointing in this thread
The only reason Rowlet had the largest amount of shitposters is because it had the largest fanbase in general. And now that's turned over. Just look at those self-righteously pointing fingers at Primarinafags for example, even though it was the most attacked of the three for the longest time.
>>
They set it up as the chosen starter
>It's gonna be the most viable one
>It's gonna have a broken ability
>Ash is gonna choose Rowlet

And yadadada. The past two weeks Owlfags were the most obnoxious with how sure of it they were. Karma's a bitchm
>>
>>29729377
You must that one guy that made a whole article on why you thought decidueye was stupid because of its typing, aren't you?
>>
>>29729411
Yup
Everyone was being a shitter
Every one of the three starter fags jumped into other threads to declare that there choice was better
It got really bad when final evos where confirmed
>>
My best guess is that we're just board and waiting for the game to come out, so if there's anything to talk about at all it's going to be bitched about.
>>29728986
Yeah, that too
>>
>>29729411
>few people say robinhoot is better in incineroar threads
>suddenly thinking rowlet fans are bad
>convienantly forgetting primarina fans have been much worse

Nice cherrypicking bud.
>>
>>29729496
You mean the guy who spammed thread sfter thread while shouting THE EVIDENCE YOU GAVE DOESN'T MATTER CAUSE FUCK YOU
>>
>>29729454
>>29729483
Basically this, but as all memetic things if it's not left to oblivion, it will only keep growing.
>>29729589
>proofster.jpg
>>
>>29729589
>Primarina fans
>much worse
You mean the starter that has gotten a dozen hate threads a day before? Uh huh.
>>
>>29729589
dont mind that anon

ive seen him use that file all over the place and every post hes used it in was a biased shitpost

i believe theyre a fan of primarina, so no surprise there
>>
>>29729727

Hello, lowercase anon-chan. Nice to run into you. :^)
>>
>>29729727
>Primarinahaterfag pointing fingers
Who'd have expected that?
>>
>>29729134

People have complained about everything this gen.

But the Rowlet line was generally agreed to be the best (with a dip in the middle, but more well recieved than the other two nontheless), and destined for legend.

Now that it's stats make it not the competitive beast everyone was lauding it as, people tired of all that wanking are having a hoot.
>>
>>29726449
I don't give a shit about what anyone says to any of these fucking starters because I love every single bit of them. And you shouldn't, too. Nobody is going to shit in your owl boypussy if you pick Rowlet. Stop being butthurt about the BTFO.
>>
>>29726449
I like Malamar, Ursaring, and Torterra.
>>
There will always be a vocal minority that makes every group look bad.
I've been picking rowlet from day one. I thought popplio was ugly and litten was the obvious meme-cat choice so I didn't want it.
I never made a single thread or post shitting on them though.
This could have happened to any of the starters.
If luchalitten is revealed to be "bad" as well there will be the exact same shitstorm as there is now.
The entire goal of /vp/ is to shit on everyone else's opinion. We don't actually discuss pokemon here.
>>
>>29729727
It's really funny though, he's used an example of a few decidueye posters in an incineroar thread to justify his hate to decidueye fans.
meanwhile primarina fans have overtaken ballio threads to hell and back.
>>
File: Thumbs Up Incineroar.jpg (598KB, 755x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up Incineroar.jpg
598KB, 755x1000px
>>29729906
>>
>>29726581
I've been here since announcement and I've never seen any Rowletfags being pompous.
Littenbros and Rowletbros heve been chill since day 1.
Poppfurries are the odd man out here
>>
>>29730070
Stop pointing fingers and just stop shitting.
>>
>>29730070

>Littenbros and Rowletbros

Bullshit, they have been just as bad as the worst popplio/primarina fags.

Countless threads trying dedicated to the Popplio line have recieved visits from people calling it trash and hyping the other two shamelessly.

Everybody is guilty of the shit wars we've experienced.
>>
>>29729071
they're exclusively furries and or transexuals, both of whom are generally inherrently awful people
>>
>>29730152
Found the primarinafag
Why don't you guys just admit your insecure about your shitty waifumon and its smaller shittier fan base and fuck off?
>>
>>29730202
You're right, but Primarina does seem to have the most dedicated haters, as you can tell in this thread and the ton of threads last week.

The biggest shitposters probably don't care much for any of the starters.
>>
>>29730225

Why don't you admit you're pulling shit out of your ass?
>>
File: Doesn't matter what you think.png (137KB, 1280x874px) Image search: [Google]
Doesn't matter what you think.png
137KB, 1280x874px
>>29730225
Nice try boyo.
But they have a 2% over us anyway :^)
>>
>>29726449
hope he got unburden as HA
;_;
>>
>>29730251

Considering how widespread the boxing option was all the way up to the official reveal of the final evos, yeah, a lot of hate goes threeways.
>>
>>29730218

Ebin.
>>
File: Dark cat.jpg (156KB, 1280x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Dark cat.jpg
156KB, 1280x1199px
>>29730273
...Disregard.
The stats lowered Rowlet by 6% and raised Litten by 6%

I'm a bit surprised.
>>
>>29730251
True the person the person that is probably making most of the hate threads is the guy that hated on "Luchalitten" for months, calls Primarina a tranny, and calls Decidueye "Hazeldex nerd owl".
>>
File: 1423793735160.png (200KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1423793735160.png
200KB, 500x376px
>>29726449

Decidueye is gonna be packed with Priority moves to the point where its speed is irrelevant and that will be his gimmick.

Screencap this shit.
>>
>>29726449
His HA will probably be Unburden. It fits the archer theme.
>>
>>29726581
>karma biting them in the ass
>over liking a fictional character
>because it made you insecure
kk
>>
>>29730374
it's smug snake all over again. shit in-game but godly once it got it's HA.
>>
File: 1460840313048.gif (3MB, 222x379px) Image search: [Google]
1460840313048.gif
3MB, 222x379px
Well my thread was reduced to shitposting.

(Sort of expected but I just wanted to throw in my two cents on how stats really shouldn't be a factor when pointing fingers)

If a mod sees this post, please delete my thread.
>>
>>29730502
Meh, when the former pokemon world champion brought a pachirisu to worlds you can kinda disregard stats (of course primals came after and raped the meta though)
>>
>>29730549
>Meh, when the former pokemon world champion brought a pachirisu to worlds you can kinda disregard stats
End this fucking meme. That Pachirisu was chosen for a specific purpose and it was not "lol karenfagging".
>>
>>29729483
>Ash is gonna choose Rowlet

They say that as Rowlet flew away with Ash's lunch and refused to go into the pokeball in the last PV. If he does catch it, it'll be an unevolved jokemon, and Litten will be the main fighter.

>but le concept art doesn't mean anything
The concept art showed Lana as the main companion, and in the PVs Lana is the friendliest with Ash. If that piece of concept art was enough to show that she will be his best nakama this season, then it means that Incineroar will be his main fighter.

I'm tired of wrecking /vp/. I warned you that Rowlett was the Reddit Owl. I warned you that it was the most popular starter in Reddit and Tumblr and nkw the tides have turned. The kids and those who want the "cool" starter will go for wrestler especially the ones in Japan. Competitive bros and waifufriends will go with idol seal. Degenerates will go with the bird. Admit that you were wrong /vp/. You should be tired of being BTFO.
>>
File: Mallow grabbing Ash.gif (692KB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
Mallow grabbing Ash.gif
692KB, 400x238px
>>29730759
>The concept art showed Lana as the main companion, and in the PVs Lana is the friendliest with Ash. If that piece of concept art was enough to show that she will be his best nakama this season, then it means that Incineroar will be his main fighter.

*Mallow
>>
>>29730841
Thank you Anon. I give you my love.
>>
>>29726449
I like the designs of all three final starter evos. Wish people weren't such faggots about liking one of them.
>>
>>29729496

You just proved my point. Slightest hint of critique and then REEE. For the record, I don't know who you are referring to, though I'm sure you won't believe me anyway.
>>
>>29726449
>no mention of Snivy or Serperior
How short everyone's memory is.
The flip from "best starter" to "boxed that shit" was so bad 5% of /vp/ got whiplash.

It was redeemed a little by contrary but as ruined by vorefags as primawhomever and incinifatty are by wiafufags and barafags respectively.

This is the natural cycle, accept it. Embrace it.
>>
>>29730225
oh, look
another salty owlfag
>>
>>29729071
>primarina fans obnoxious

Good one anon. Please, tell us about your grass greninja.
>>
>>29731459
Shut up nigger you're living proof that primarina fans are obnoxious
>>
>>29731503
Name calling, eh? You rowlet fan sure are pleasant.
>>
File: topkekhomergalaxy.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
topkekhomergalaxy.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>29731503
>owlfags piss all over this thread whining about how they dindu nuffin and never shat on the other starters
>at the "first sign" of a popplifag, they start hissing and pissing

topkek
>>
>>29731541
>>29731557
>literally no response
That's what I thought
>>
>>29731541
>>29731557
>B-BUT ROWLET
>>
>>29726449
Mostly due to it was the most well received before this. The others had "mixed" to say the least,

When he was revealed to probably be the weakest. It was sort of fun that it looked to be a good sweeper prior to know
>>
>>29731607

Owlfags have the worst cognitive dissonance I've ever seen.
>>
>>29731557
Oh the irony in this post
>>
>>29726581
Fucking this.
I just hope it's signature isn't all that useful because it seems like the one thing that might wind up making it good.
>>
>>29731639
Yeah yeah whatever further embellishes that ego of yours
>>
I heard spirit shackle has priority. Is this true?
>>
>>29731755
That was literally just one retard. And no, it's not true, Lurantis would have mentioned it.
>>
>>29731704

>talks about ego
>violently reacts at the slightest hint that starter is the undisputed best at everything

Whatever. Not even the person you've been arguing with, and I'm picking Rowlet, but this is just bad.
>>
>>29731667
It's got priority and has 80 BP so... it kinda is?
>>
>>29731806
see
>>29731786
>>
>>29731798
Yeah, I'm sure you're both of those things.
>>
File: 1476572906124.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1476572906124.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>29731894

>"There is only one person in the wold who disagrees with me."
>still thinks he's not egotistical
>>
>>29731920
I'm not the person you've been arguing with and I'm choosing Litten but it's hard to believe people who says that through the internet
>>
I honestly don't understand how autistic you have to be to see the starter you choose, then latch to it so hard you begin to be petty and pompous to other starters.

Mind you this isn't something that just applies to /vp/. It's a global fucking cancer of console-wars tier shitflinging that occurs on 4chan nearly every day.

Who cares. No really, who fucking cares. Just pick the starter you like, whether it is for type, or competitive usage, etc. There's no reason why you should start insulting someone else because he didn't choose your option, even if you don't believe his choice is as good as yours.

Retarded bickering over nothing ruined boards like /v/, and it's ruined /vp/ aswell.
>>
>>29731920
I never said I wasn't egotistical, not that I wouldn't expect that from a Littard
>>
>>29731986
Nigga starterwars has been a thing since R/B.

Stop pretending you're above it because you had no friends to banter with.
>>
>>29731920
What are you talking about ? He just said he was sure you were both of those things. You seem on edge.
>>
>>29729821

>Now that it's stats make it not the competitive beast everyone was lauding it as

Wait, when did this happen? Only after the Grass/Ghost reveal? Because back when Rowlet was revealed everyone was insisting it would be pure trash because
>Grass/Flying, 4x Ice weakness.
>>
>>29731986
I agree with this guy right here
>>
>>29730309
t. furfig
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.