[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT State which generation was your first and tell us which generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 18

File: pkm.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
pkm.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
ITT
State which generation was your first and tell us which generation your favourite and why it is your favourite.
I won't go first so I don't derail the thread
>>
>>29704871
Gen 1 was my first
Gen 5 is my favorite
Entirely due to B2W2, it'd be mid tier with just BW.
>>
>>29704883
Yes, but why is B2W2 your favourite? Give deets
>>
Gen 2 was my first
Gen 3 was my favourite, but only because I've put the most hours into multiple gen 3 games.
>>
Gen 1 was my first.
Gen 2 was my favorite for the longest time due to nostalgia
Gen 5 may be my favorite now due to the fact that I blocked pretty much all news for it. I went into BW knowing next to nothing, including the Pokémon, and it was entirely in Japanese until someone made a menu translation patch. It was an amazing experience that I wish I could do again.
>>
Gen 1 was kind of my first, but I didn't own my own game all to myself until gen 2.
Gen 4 is my favourite because the designs, art, story, music etc
It all comes together. Not quite perfect, but damn close.
Not to mention HGSS is a remake of my first games.
Of course this is ignoring D/P and focusing purely on Platinum and HGSS
>>
File: 1471877385241.jpg (167KB, 1076x609px) Image search: [Google]
1471877385241.jpg
167KB, 1076x609px
gen 1 was my first with blue or yellow, but i was very young and i remember silver much clearer.
my favorite is gen 5. i never played white2 all the way through for whatever reason (i think i was just very social around that time) but i played white while going through a rough patch in my life. shitty girlfriend, shitty experiences at school, diagnosed with clinical depression, all kinds of junk.
coming home to pokemon white just made things a little easier. i would plug in headphones and just sit and listen to the village bridge song.

HG/SS are probably my favorite games in the franchise though
>>
Gen 1 was my first.
Gen 2 was my favorite for a while. Nostalgia and shit.
Gen 6 is currently my favorite.

I skipped Gen 4 & 5 completely because reasons. Gen 3 was not terrible, it fixed a lot of necessary technical shit that was wrong with its predecessors. I like Gen 6 because it's generally just a prettier version of Pokemon as far as I'm concerned, so I'm sure I'm going to dig Gen 7.
>>
Started with Gen1.
Favorite is Gen2, but Gen4 if the remakes count. I still love Johto and it introduced a lot of my favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>29704871
Gen 1
Gen 2. Felt like a sequel rather than just another addition to the franchise.
>>
>>29704871
Gen 3 was my first, gen 4 is my favorite
>>
My first was coliseum so I guess the GameCube gen
My favorite is well idk I usually like the most recent ones more since I can use all the pokemon that are out
>>
>>29704871
Gen 2 was my first
Gen 4 is (predictably) my favorite
besides the remakes I found Platinum to be splendid
no bigger joy though of being able to traverse Johto once again with updated everything
>>
>>29704871

I live 5 the best, most refreshing.
>>
Gen 1 was my first. Got a gameboy with Blue for Christmas

Gen 3 is my favorite. I replayed it so many times after it was released. All my favorite Pokémon are from that generation
>>
>>29704871
Gen 1 was my first.
Gen 5 is my favorite, because the designs, setting, and overall feeling of freshness was a welcome change to me. I especially liked how in the original BW all the old pokemon where kept at post game, forcing the player to experience all the new Pokemon as a new generation.
>>
>>29704871
Gen 3 was my first, with Ruby.

Gen 4 is my favorite. D/P had best music, deepest lore, some nostalgia thrown in there. It helps that Explorers of Sky is my favorite Pokémon game ever.
>>
File: e08.gif (72KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
e08.gif
72KB, 500x375px
>>29704871
Gen 2 was my first.

Gen 4 and 5 are the best. HGSS and BW2 being the pinnacles
>>
Gen 1 was my first
Gen 3 was my favorite especially if you include all of the spin-offs
Right now my favorite is actually gen 6, but just because of ORAS.
>>
Gen 1, I think Pokemon Red was my first game overall. That or Crash Bandicoot

Gen 5 is the best gen. Both sets of games either have the best story and pokedex distribution or skill level, along with making the game much quicker and improvements in the UI making the game playing experience much easier
>>
File: 1478336467333.png (687KB, 1064x552px) Image search: [Google]
1478336467333.png
687KB, 1064x552px
>>29704871
Blue was my first
Platinum/HGSS are my favorite
I really liked the sinnoh region especially in platinum where it gave off that cold vibe it was cool as a kid because i never saw snow in person
And alot of good pokemon
Garchomp,Starters,Toxicroak,drapion weavile and even lucario

I honestly just find kanto a little boring now i get its the first game and i respect that but even frlg were fairly boring fixing not much
>>
Gen 1 was my first with Yellow

Gen Iv is my favorite because HG/SS is infinitely better than the original G/S, plus the battle frontier
>>
>>29704974
I don't know if I agree with HG/SS being my favorite games but jesus christ are you me
Everything else is my literal life story
>>
>>29704890
Challenge mode, best dex, including contents and distribution, best post game, join avenue, and hell even Pokewood.
Really, it nailed the side and post content.
>>
Gen 1 was the first I played
Gen 3 was the first I really sunk hours into a Pokemon game.
Gen 4 was my favourite, it just feels comfy
>>
File: 1478294314218.png (51KB, 234x200px) Image search: [Google]
1478294314218.png
51KB, 234x200px
Gen 1 was my first.

Gen 4 is my favorite. DPPt and HGSS did so much good for the series that no one even realizes. They really emphasized the story and characters more than the first three gens. Gen 4 was the first gen to give Admins names and personalities. Gym Leaders were most often just side characters instead of actively participating in the plot. It refined the Battle Frontier concept from Gen 3 and made it better. It had weather and time and The designs, while not always amazing, were still very good and far less radically different than many in the following games were. Overall it improved on a lot of the concepts introduced in earlier games without gutting other features that players enjoyed.

Not to mention it gave me my top 3 favorite mons: Gallade, Honchkrow, and this guy.
>>
Gen 2 was my first, Gold to be specific.
Gen 5 is my favorite. Introduced some of my favorite Pokemon(Bisharp, Golurk, Braviary, Leavanny, Volcarona, the list goes on). I enjoyed that the games were a bit of a departure from previous games by focusing more on the plot, expanding on the concept of version exclusives by making Black City and White Forest instead of making the difference just a random handful of Pokemon and a box legend. Having sequels instead of a third version was also an interesting change of pace. Also had my favorite protagonist designs out of the main series in Hilbert and Hilda, Nate's probably one of the worst IMO though.

Gen 5 introduced hidden abilities and reusable TMs and made HMs mostly optional, aside from needing to use Cut 1 time in BW1, which was nice because you wouldn't need to waste a moveslot or a party slot on an HM Slave. BW2 also tossed some neat features in, like Join Avenue and the PWT. Having difficulty options was also pretty cool, although the process of unlocking and using them was a pain in the dick, especially if you wanted to start a new game on a different difficulty.

The games weren't perfect, of course. A lot of sprites looked awkward, BW1 Plasma was kind of stupid, Pokestar studios was an uninteresting feature to me, tons of Pokemon evolve at absurdly high levels compared to previous gens, aforementioned difficulty setting issues, and probably some more shit that's just not springing to mind right now.
For me, though, the good of Gen 5 outweighs the bad.
>>
I started in gen 2 with silver, after my older cousin got it and let me play it. I could barely read and didn't know how to play it, but I loved the design of the starters.
My current favorite gen is gen 4, entirely due to the starters and cross-gen evos. They had amazing designs, except for lickylicky, ambipom, and probopass
>>
File: TPqmun5.png (97KB, 303x408px) Image search: [Google]
TPqmun5.png
97KB, 303x408px
>>29704871
Gen 1.

Gen 2 is my favorite, although I lump the gameboy games together. I loved the connectivity with Pokemon Stadium 2, the two regions, and all obscure features it added.

I'll admit some of it is nostalgia.

A lot of the new Pokemon were extremely rare, mediocre, hard to obtain with specific events/trading, or just distributed poorly throughout the games. Even still I think it made finding them more interesting.

Finding events without internet really special, the time and day system seemed so revolutionary. Throw in the show and all the spin-off games like Pokemon Snap and there was an environment I don't think you can really create now replaying the games.
>>
Gen 1 was my first.
But Gen 2 was my favorite. You see, in Gen 1, I never get to actually play, as much as I would watch my older brother playing. We'd discuss strategies for the next gyms, which pokémon to use etc. I would even make drawings of our battles and pretend I was travelling together with his character. When my parents got divorced, they made a deal in which my older brother would live with my dad in another town, while I stayed with mom. I guess you guys know where this is going. My mom gave my Pokémon Crystal to, you know, help me deal with all that stuff. When I got to fight Red at the end of the game, it really felt like I was battling my brother. Weirdly enough, the fact that I lost to him a couple times only made the experience this much sweet.
>>
>>29704871
First was gen 1 with Yellow
Favorite is gen 5. The region is gorgeous, a bunch of my favorite pokemon designs were that gen, fantastic story, and it was the game that made me enthusiastic about pokemon again after the garbage of 3 and 4 that almost made me quit.

Honestly gen 7 is shaping up to rival 5 though
>>
Red was my first. I got it, Gold, and Ruby as hand-me-downs from my older brother.
My favorite would probably have to be gen III. I really enjoyed the post-game content in Emerald and the gen I remakes and the freshness of the designs and concepts compared to gens I and II at the time. Contests were also a really neat side quest in my opinion. It really felt like its own entity. I also really enjoyed the spin-offs from this era like most, such as Colosseum, GoD, and Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue. It wasn't as hyped, but I feel like the third generation was a good time for the franchise as far as the quality of new content and mechanics such as natures, weather, and abilities.
>>
Gen 3 was my first, with emerald/firered.
Gen 4 was my favorite. Have the best memories with my friends.
>>
>>29705165
Oh also the music in gen 5 was pretty fucking good too, I forgot to mention that.
>>
>>29705106
You are wrong.
>>
>>29705188
Yeah, Gen 2's my favorite too mainly due to the Red battle. That was a very nice touch to an already awesome game.
>>
>>29705254
Curious, I found gen 5s music incredibly forgettable
>>
File: STRAIGHTOUTTAHOENN.jpg (13KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
STRAIGHTOUTTAHOENN.jpg
13KB, 220x200px
Generation III was my very 1st! And guess what? It's my favorite! Why, you may ask? Weeeeeeeelllllll... it's because of the umm well.. Uhh.. NOSTALGIA. YEAH. THAT THING. The power of nostalgia is amazing you see. I can look past the shitiness of this generation! Because it was my very 1st... I can look past the lack of backwards compatibility! Day and night??? WHAT'S THAT???

Plus, it has my favoriteeeee WAIFUUUU!! Gardevoir-chan. And my favorite Pokemon. Absol!
PS: I LIKE TRUMPETS!!!
>>
>>29704871
Gen I was my first. Gen V is my favorite. I enjoy both gens but Gen V simply has the greatest concentration of Pokemon I like.
>>
>>29705282
I hate gen VI for making you people be like this.
>>
>>29705281
There are a lot of times from gen 5 that stick out in my mind, vs. Champion Iris, vs. Ghetsis, and the Village Bridge theme(which you can talk to NPCs around town to add instruments to) to name a few. Maybe that's just me though, for the most part I leave the sound off when playing Pokemon but for gen 5 I had it on more often than not for whatever reason.
>>
>>29705282
>low_quality_b8.png

>>29704871
gen1 was my first

as for fav its no as easy. my most played are Blue and Silver. i go back to them both so often, sure its nostalgia, but that doesnt have to be bad. i just love playing those games.

objectively the remakes ARE better so gen3 and 4 are contenders, but id have to go with 4. Soul Silver and Plat. are probably the 2 best games.
>>
Gen I was my first
Gen V was my favorite, simply because it brought me back into the series after I skipped gen IV (I played through it later, it was fine) and it was extremely refreshing. When BW2 came out it was even better.
>>
>>29705282
Normally, people would complain about your elitist, contrarian bait, but I suppose the purpose this website serves is to reserve a place for shitty people such as yourself to express your sarcastic cynical bitterness. It's obvious you're not serious, but here's your (you). Good job making such a positive contribution to this thread. I hope you find some sort of ebin meme or buzzword to respond to me about the hypocrisy of my previous statement.
>>
Gen 4 (Or Gen 3 if you wanna include Colosseum)
Gen 5 is my favorite.
It's my favorite because of the story, the region and the fantastic selection of pokemon, right down to the starters. Except for Emboar.
>>
>>29705401
>inb4 underage
>>
File: AbsolkunGardevoirchan.jpg (160KB, 900x903px) Image search: [Google]
AbsolkunGardevoirchan.jpg
160KB, 900x903px
>>29705383
Thank you kind stranger! I would upboat you if I could, but this is 4chan! No memes in this reply. Nope nope nope. But. I do hope you have a very splendid day! I really appreciate it! I really do! Gardevoir-chan and Absol-kun send their regards!! ^.^
>>
>gen 1
Huge craze and the fact we didn't know anything else made them amazing at the time. Now the bugs, limitaztions and general vanilla-ness of it make it hard to appreciate outside of nostalgia.
>gen 2
Again, this has a special place for many - something that really separates it is how feels like a proper sequel - and the fact that it has a much clearer theme based in Japanese tradition also makes it stand out. Unfortunately it was terrible balanced - trainers and wild pokemon are incredibly underpowered. Aother common gripe is how elusive gen 2 pokemon are. I'd also argue that the colour graphics have aged worse than the mono-colour gen 1. Still, has a lot of positives in spite of all of its flaws.
>gen 3
This gen has some aspects which are absolutely fantastic, and some that make it what some consider the worst in the series. I think the good aspects are criminally underrated and the negatives grossly exaggerated - although there are definitively negatives. This generation feels like a bridge between old and new pokemon - it certainly had many new features that only 2 generations ago were unimaginable - the storage system overhaul, contests, secret bases, weather, full colour, natures, abilities, etc. Still, the removal of time rubbed many the wrong way and the general asthetic bugged many. The colours feel very washed out and the music - while a personal preference - has been derided by many. Many of the new pokemon are also questionable in design, even though there are some really quality exceptions. Additionally, FRLG were decent remakes with new content that was welcome. Emerald's Battle Frontier is also one of the best post-game additions to any pokemon game. Another very mixed generation, but no where near as bad as some make it out.
>>
I started when I was 4 an the anime premiered on Kids WB, but I was a poor kid who didn't have a game of my own until Pokemon Silver. So Gen 2 was my first and it meant a lot to me.
My favorite gen is 4. Love the WiFi plaza, felt like a whole new world. Glad it's making a spiritual return in Sun and Moon.
>>
>>29705443
>gen 4
This is where the games feel like they reached their peak (in my opinion). The physical/special split was one of the best changes ever made to the game for starters.
Asthetically the games look fantastic, with great music to add to the atmosphere. Sinnoh (particularly in Platinum - a phrase you'll see a lot) is a fantastic region with a lot of diversity and things to do. Unfortunately the distribution of pokemon in D/P - and not to mention the painfully slow system - make them borderline unplayable. Platinum is really what people should talk about when referencing gen 4 for this reason. While the BF was a step down from Emerald, PLT still had great post game content. In addition HG/SS are by far the best remakes, even if they didn't fix the balance issues. Gen 4 should be considered the best generation as far as I'm concerned.
>gen 5
For my personal taste, BW were a massive step down in quality, much like many felt gen 3 was when compared to gen 2. The pokemon designs were incredibly bland - with exception - the region felt incredibly linear and uninteresting, the colours and music made for a forgetable atmosphere and the story felt like something out of a Final Fantasy game. Many speak highly of the decision to only allow gen 5 pokemon before post-game. For myself, this is irrelevant because I always do this anyway. The game does feel polished in some ways though, with plenty of trainers to battle along with Audino training so you have a lot of options which some earlier games severely lacked. On the whole BW felt incredibly sterile.
BW2 was a large improvement on BW, but still fell short of gen 4 as far as I'm concerned. The distribution of pokemon was a massive improvement, the music was mildly better, character designs were also improved and some of the new content made the region feel more alive than in previous game. While I am forgiving of BW2 as a slightly better than mediocre game, BW feel like the redhaired bastard children of the series.
>>
>>29704871
I started out emulating Gen 1 games on a PDA out of boredom
The first games I actually played with some level of autism were Gen 4 and HGSS are still my favorites, I actually felt like I was going on an adventure and bonding with my bros instead of rushing from checkpoint to checkpoint and boring battle to boring battle waiting for it all to be over so I could access postgame shit
>>
>>29704871
Gen II.
Gen IV, because Sinnoh is stupidly comfy, and it had a pretty cool story, and it introduced proper online, and I like almost all of the new Pokemon (especially the cross-gen evos that people here like to trash daily), and it had GOAT music, and the physical-special split was a very good thing.

I like Gen III ALMOST as much. They're collectively the pinnacle of the series for me.
>>
>>29704871
Started with Gen 1
Probably had the most fun with Gen 5 because spoiler season was so hype and I was just generally the most into the Pokemon at the time
>>
I started with Gen 1.

Favorite is gen 2. Part of it is nostalgia, but it felt like they added so much to make the world feel alive. Different mons appeared at day or night. After you finished with the main story, there was more stuff to tackle. You could call people on your phone, listen to the radio, decorate your room and participate in the Bug Catching Contest. The world felt like it was filled with secrets, like Tyrogue, Friday Lapras, the ability to catch the other box legend, Red, that weird Clefairy thing, shinies.

On top of that, it was neat to connect it with Pokemon Stadium 2, battle and trade with friends, play those minigames with your own mons. I really miss those days.
>>
all right boys its time

gen 2 was my first, shoutouts to my nigga typhlosion
and my favorite is *drumroll*

Gen One! which i didnt even play the whole way through until the vc release... now i know what you're thinking. "youre a faggot anon" "those games suck" etc, and while i may be a faggot, those games are the shit! everything in rb is totally broken and there is an exploitable glitch for everything. we might not have _gimmicky features_ like running shoes and the move deleter, but we have an item that lets you execute gameshark codes on the fly, my dude, the power is in the hands of the player!

this post isnt like super serious but gen 1 is the most fun for me these days.
>>
>>29705568
>youre a faggot anon
yes
>those games suck
no
>>
>>29704871
Gen 2 was my first i think I'm not super sure about it

I love Gen 5 though It had really interesting pokemon and the region was great too. The sound track was also really good. I don't know it was altogether a really awesome game.

I think maybe Gen 7 might dethrone it, because it feels like a sequel to Gen 5 in a way to me.

I was hoping Gen 6 would be like Unova's Johto but it was just a pile of shit
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 480x640px
>>29704871
>Gen 1 was my first (Pokémon Stadium)
>Gen 3 and 5 are my favourites.

Gen 7 might be up there just going off the Pokédex but we'll see. The reason why I love 3&5 so much is the sense of nostalgia I get from playing them, they have my favourite selection of Pokémon and in my opinion have the best national Pokédexes to date, the best OSTs, the best atmospheres. They encompass for me what Pokémon is all about and I love them. I do love all gens, but these two stick out for me.

My favourite games are HGSS, Platinum, BW2 and Emerald.
>>
Gen1

Gen2, as I feel it was a straight up improvement of the series. But I didn't play pokemon again until B/W
>>
>>29704871
Don't normally get all gay about this stuff, but just went through my Game Boy collection. Weird how that shit feels so right in your hands after so many hours.
It's dumb but you can tell yours apart from someone else's by the way it holds.
Got 2 SPs (one both off my bro) and I can easily tell them apart without looking.
Same with the Game Boy Color. Mine got destroyed by some movers like a decade ago and I bought my brother's from him shortly after, SPs were already out.
Holding it I can literally feel the differences between his and mine. Same Atomic Purple and everything. But it's different. Weird how some nondescript things like that stick with you.

Sucks, that was my first video game, console or handheld, wish it didn't get smashed. Would have been something real nice to have.
>>
File: tumblr_o3w5y9OIKm1rsccq2o1_540.png (164KB, 522x534px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3w5y9OIKm1rsccq2o1_540.png
164KB, 522x534px
Pokemon Pearl was my first Pokemon game
So generation four
First starter was Piplup. His name was Micah c:
My favorite generation would probably be two or four
>>
FIRST WAS GEN 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAVORITE IS GEN 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>29704871
Started Gen 1.

Favorite is Gen 3. I like Hoenn map design. "hurr durr too much water" You go to the top of the volcano and down under the sea. Route 119 is probably my favorite route. Tall Grass, Rain, Secret Bases via Waterfall, uses for both bikes, and only place to get Feebas. It has 4 of my favorite Pokemon: Skarmory, Milotic, Flygon, Gardevoir. And Emerald's Battle Frontier is still best post game.
>>
gen 2 was my first

gen 5 is my favorite

with all the new pokemon, it really felt like a fresh reboot which was awesome. also fighting N instead of the champion was like the coolest thing that has happened in a pokemon game yet
>>
1st: Gen 2
fav: Gen 2 and Gen 4
The legends and old japanese towns really stuck with me and the massive map of both genrations still aws me today,plus the fight with red.
>>
My first was Gen I with Red. My favourite was Gen V which marked my re-entry into Pokemon after I stopped playing after Gen II. All new Pokemon and the story really made White so amazing to me. White 2 then disappointed me slightly, but still quite happy with every game from that time.
>>
>>29704871

Gen 1 was first
Gen 2 is best

it helped me get through my parent's divorce. the music to the game is still incredibly soothing even at age 31, specially Azalea Town and the national park theme
>>
>>29705678
You know I just had a moment of anxiety after reading this post - I had a horrible feeling I got rid of my GBC
But nope, it's there, with its mashy buttons, dent on the corner and beautiful purple.
Thanks for making me appreciate it.
>>
File: 1474184997455.jpg (68KB, 445x505px) Image search: [Google]
1474184997455.jpg
68KB, 445x505px
>>29704871
>started with RBY (if you didn't get out)
>favorite is Gen V
Anyone that didn't start with RBY and/or your favorite Gen is IV or VI squawk ident and proceed east to reddit.
>>
>>29705774
>gen 5 faggot telling me to go to reddit
Is the some kind of new post-irony meme?
>>
File: 1474176441531.jpg (110KB, 365x429px) Image search: [Google]
1474176441531.jpg
110KB, 365x429px
>>29705793
If I'm telling you to go to reddit that means that you're underage or a Gen VI phox faggot. Either way, leave.
>>
>>29705705
been holding off playing gen5 on a ROM,maybe this will chnage.
>>
>>29705808
Gen 4 you unovabortion shitter
>>
>>29705771
word, i just had to go find mine.
>>29705678
this shits so right, the feeling of holding it. not sure how to explain it, its just worn. but in a real good way. feels right
>>
Gen 1 was my first when I was in the 90s, and wanna say X was actually my favorite so far but Ruby is still awesome to me
>>
File: 1469504553384.jpg (101KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
1469504553384.jpg
101KB, 459x612px
>>29705827
>Sinnohfetus, arguably the worst of all the genfaggots, is calling me who stated I started with RBY a Unovabortion because I acknowledge BW as the best games
XYgotes are the only ones inferior to you.
>>
>>29704871
First was gen 1.
Favourite is gen 3.
Hoenn is simply my favourite region for its places, pokemon, characters, secret bases and much more. And to be fair, ORAS didn't disappoint me.
>>
>>29704871
gen 1 was my first
gen 2 was my favorite

i really liked platinum, b/w2 and of course hg/ss also
>>
>>29705913
But HGSS sucked. As a lover of Gen II, I'm surprised you'd say this.
>>
>>29704871
Gen 1 was my first.

Gen 5 was my favorite because of Black/White's story and Black 2/White 2's fun minigames and gameplay.
>>
>>29705916
why did it suck?
>>
>>29704871
First: 1
Fav: 1 or 3
>>
>>29704871
Gen 1 was my first
Gen 4 is my favourite because so far it's the only time when everything about a region just came together perfectly.
>>
>>29705925
It stripped GSC of its fluid engine and replaced it with a slow unresponsive one. And to top it off, it fixed none of GSC's problems, which as a remake, is should have.

It's basically just a copy+paste of GSC with Gen IV graphics i.e. pretty shit. It's not FECES like Kalos or ORAS, but it's not great.

FRLG may be a copy+paste of RBY, but it added a lot of content on top of that. HGSS just had Platinum's BF. Which again ISN'T BAD, just underwhelming and ultimately mediocre. I'd rather just play GSC if given the choice.

If only HGSS was made in Gen V...
>>
>>29705902
I refuse to believe anyone that actually started with gen 1, such as myself, could consider gen 5 the best generation.
>>
>>29705954
I would accept anything besides IV and VI. Those are objectively wrong.

I do like the Sinnoh region (inb4 HMs) but having to turn the battle animations off simply to speed up the sluggish fucking gameplay isn't worth it.

As for Johto, see: >>29705943
>>
>>29704883
Literally me. That fucking wild pokemon selection let me use a ton of Pokemon I never got the chance to use and it was a pretty good experience all around.
>>
>>29704871
Gen III was my first
Gen V is my favorite because of its story, unique designs and non-Kanto honey sucking.
>>
First: Gen 1 when it came out.
Fav: Gen 2. It has everything Gen 1 had, but much, much better. No game came close to this in terms of innovation from one gen to the other.
>>
>>29705075

Exactly the same as me. Gen 5 felt so different that I just really appreciate it. Even simple things like encountering Roggenrolla in a cave instead of the same fucking Geodude and Zubat we had for four generations really helped that, despite Roggenrolla being the clear replacement.

It's also like the only Gen where I care much about the story as well.
>>
File: Best.png (173KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
Best.png
173KB, 300x222px
>>29704871
>First
Gen 2 (and that was just coincidence. When I first played Crystal, Emerald had already been out for a while)
>Favorite
Pokemon Stadium generation

Pokemon Stadium was just ridiculous amounts of fun since I sat around and played it with my best friend from across the street.

Gen 2 is my favorite if that were to not count for some reason. Part of it has to be nostalgia, but Crystal is the only game I can stand to play without a romhack to go alongside it.
I think part of that is due to it being the gen before they switched to every bad guy group trying to do something that would jeopardize the world. It's just a small, comfy gen where you just stop a regular ol' crime group and train alongside your best friends to reach that goal of the E4.
>>
>>29705075
Same here.
Started with gen 1, everything was. Ew and amazing.
When I play a new Pokemon game I do it almost exclusively for the new Pokemon, so logically the generation where all the wild Pokemon were new is my favourite.
And yes, I don't like gen IV or VI much.
>>
Ruby/Sapphire is my first.

BW/B2W2 are my favorites, regardless of having Unova Pokémon first in BW.
>>
>>29704871
>gen 3 or maybe gen2, i was too young to remember which (thanks to my brother), is kind blurred a memory of me starting in johto, i have some memories about route 29 and talking with Oak in route 30, i'm not sure if it was before or after ruby, but anyway, i never completed the game, so i'll say GEN3 RUBY
>gen 6, kalos. I don't think that kalos doesn't have flaws but the region is so comfy and beautiful, i love everybody city, everybody route in kalos, everything in kalos is admirable. I love the small Pokédex, i love shauna, trevor and tierno (i'm not so sure about calem/serena), i love how their goal isn't be the best trainer like us (except calem/serena). There is a lot of reasons why i love kalos but i'm not going tô put everything here (i have some complaints about kalos too, but it doesn't make shit to me). I was expecting so so so much more in story, because of the nordic rumors but it wasn't that bad in the end.
>>
>>29707251
Holy fuck, i forgot to take off the >
>>
File: pokutonoken.jpg (77KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
pokutonoken.jpg
77KB, 500x717px
>>29704871
Gen 1 was my first
Gen 6 is my fav, its a tough call against 4th I'll explain why in a set. I like that Gen 6 really had a huge dex for XY and you never could be sure what you'd find in the grass cause of massive encoutner tables, there was the 3d transition, customisation, and the bottom screen gimicks made it kind of feel like I was back on the playground again trading and battling at random, it was a real trip/revival for me.
Gen 4 has a special place for me cause I left the series immediately after red/blue and felt I'd outgrown it. Gen 4 and its usage of the DS features got me back into pokemon and refreshed my enjoyment, causing me to go back and play Firered, Ruby/Saph, and get Heartgold to muck around with. My wife had grown bored eveyr since Gen 4 and had actually dipped out of the series till I showed her how good XY was and it revived interest completely. ORAS was boring bigtime, but we both have high hopes for Sun Moon.
>>
>>29704871
Gen I was my first.
Gen 3 (original not ORAS) is my favorite because of the Regis mysteries and the diversity of Hoenn's map (Underwater areas, desert, volcano, forest, comfy rainy routes...)
I love every gen, and Gen 4 is close to being my favorite because of personal reasons and how I played in the underground a lot with my friends.
>>
Reading this post and guess what? Unovabortions shitting their opinion here again, ok If you like gen5, nobody needs to have the same fucking opinion as you, kiddos. They are a cancer, not talking about unovafans, i'm talking about fucking unovabortions
>>
>>29707406
underground was bestest minigame

ultimate toilet game
>>
>>29704871
Started with Pokemon Red. Gen 3 is my favorite gen mostly because it contains my favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>29707473
I'm neutral on the matter but since you seem madmad I figure you've got enough opinion for me to ask.

Whats the deal with Unova? Specifically like, I'd play it, and it felt fucking boring. Both unova games felt boring. I look at the gen on paper, all new mons, partial 3d, variance in the zones.

Why the FUCK does it feel so mind numbingly boring? I couldn't finish BW2 despite liking it. Its a very weird thing to say.
>>
File: 27092551911_e310212411_o.png (442KB, 640x493px) Image search: [Google]
27092551911_e310212411_o.png
442KB, 640x493px
>>29704871
>4. DO NOT INCITE GEN WARS.
>>
>>29704871
Tecnically Gen I was my first, but I didn't complete any game from it. Gen III was the first one I complete the games, and it's still my favourite one.
>>
Gen 1 was when I was introduced, gen 2 is when I discovered the games.
Gen 5 is my favorite due to the player characters, lack of old Pokemon, and Krookodile
>>
>>29707541
Any "i like route x in non-unova-region" is already a reason to unovabortions make a big genwar
>>
>>29704871
Gen 1 was my first
Gen 2 is my favorite. Fixed 90% of the problems of gen I, made it like a true sequel, the Red battle was epic and introduced some of the most important mechanics of the franchise.
>>
File: Fuck 8.jpg (56KB, 758x420px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck 8.jpg
56KB, 758x420px
>>29707541
the fourth most broken rule, after Global rule 2, 3, 6, and 10

Btw I love how global rule 15 is the only rule that is actively moderated
>>
>>29704871
By first, do you mean which game I played first, or owned first?
>>
Guess I'll add in another head to the Started with Gen I, Gen V is my favorite crowd.
BW2 blew me away because I disliked all the starters and instead of feeling gimped by not having enough coverage, they made use of the ~700 pokemon we had before by placing a nice variety of species at the beginning.

I also enjoyed how in ORAS you could just use the Latios to avoid having a Fly mon, looking forward to SM so I can finally have a team without HMs.
>>
>>29707611
Sounds more like Hoennbabbies to me
>>
If my first game was Yellow, but by the time I got it Gen 2 had already come out, should I say that I started with Gen 1 or 2?

I wouldn't play a Gen 2 game until Crystal
>>
>>29704871
Gen 1 was the first with Blue version
it's a tie between Gen 5 and Gen 3.

BW2 had a lot of good content and as for Gen 3, all the trumpets aside, the soundtrack was so sweet and awesome. truly a game made with love and making kids happy.

Gen 3 mons had great patterns and designs. Kecleon and Seviper look great with all these zigzag patterns.
>>
>gen 1
>gen 5
>>
>>29708199
I guess I should explain

Gen 5 just captures a feeling of exploration and just a huge world that clearly had so much effort put into it

With great characters who actually seem like they care about you while not being sucking your dick/ego material
>>
>>29704871
First was Gen 2.

Gen 6 is my favorite. Gen 1 isn't really bad, but it's extremely unpolished. Gen 2 was just bad. Johto wasn't interesting at all and Kanto was just a stream of "remember this place? It's closed!" Gen 3 was great, but no physical/special split annoys the shit out of me. Gen 4 was too fucking slow, Gen 5 was mind-numbingly awful and got rid of a lot of features that I actually enjoyed. Gen 6 added megas, the new Exp Share, the DexNav, the PSS, brought back contests. It was everything I needed to get back into Pokemon after B/W.
>>
>>29708249
Can you shoot yourself?
>>
This'll be complicated but the first gen I experienced was Gen 1 through Stadium but the first main series game I owned Silver in 2005. Yes I was that late.
My favorit gen is 3 because it's the one I played the most and it has myfavorite game in the series, Pokemon Gale of Darkness.
>>
>>29708249
Is this some bait?
>>
>>29708260
>>29708329
Why the hostility? You can still enjoy HGSS and B2W2. They're the second-best-selling remakes and eighth-best-selling paired games, after all!
>>
>>29708388
No that post just shits on every single game in the series while giving the most straw man approach
>>
Gen 2 was my first (Silver)
Gen 3 was my favourite.
I used to be torn over my favourite gen, but replaying Soulsilver made me realise how broken the levelling is. That meme about Lance using Full Restore is true, in my last battle with him he must have used at least 4 or 5.

As for gen 3? Well its process of elimination desu. Gen 4 is too slow, Gen 5 didn't feel like pokemon, and for Gen 6 I've only done a single run through of X, not because I didn't like it or anything, I just didn't feel compelled to replay the game over and over the way you could do when you were 8
>>
>>29708413
I'm sorry that me disliking Gens 2, 4, and 5 has made you upset, then.
>>
>>29704871
Gen I was my first, specifically Red version.
My favorite Gen has fluxed a bit but it's probably IV. The Battle frontier and the side stories that the legendary pokemon got really made it for me. That and the motherfucking Vs Seeker.
>>
>>29708453
No, but you use the shittiest blandest excuses I've seen

>Gen 6 was mind-numbingly awful and got rid of a lot of features that I actually enjoyed.
>>
>>29704871
Gen 2 was my first main series title and it's my favorite. I actually started with Pokemon Stadium 1 WHAT'S THE MATTER TRAINER?

Quagsire is my favorite gen 2 poke and along with Aggron my favorite overall.
>>
>>29704871
Gen 1 is my first.
Gen 4 is my favorite.

I just love Sinnoh.
>>
>>29708570
Okay.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.