[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does GF like sucking Greninja's dick so much, compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

Why does GF like sucking Greninja's dick so much, compared to the other Kalos starters?
>gets two signature moves at first, compared to the other starters that only get one yes I know Accelgor gets Water Shuriken in ORAS, shut up
>HA is one of the most versatile abilities in the game, compared to the rather situational Magician and Bulletproof
>gets to be in Smash
>gets to have its own special form change
I haven't seen such blatant starter favoritism since Charizard.
>>
>>29699055
It's a frog and a ninja, both of which are extremely popular in Japan.
BURASTO
>>
File: 1478275158103.png (78KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1478275158103.png
78KB, 420x420px
>>29699055
Because Shitnaught and Delgarbage are are the two worst starters in the entire series. They had to shill Greninja to make up for it.
>>
>>29699055
MOTTO MOTTO
AHHHHHHHHH
>>
Greninja is sexy as hell
>>
>>29699055
Ranked number the number one in top fan official list. Out of 721. In Japan.
>>
>>29699055
They (correctly) guessed the ninja would be popular, and decided to get started on the milking early.
>>
>>29699055
>2 signature moves
Sorry for the dumb question but:
Water Shuriken and what ?
>>
>>29699206
Mat Block
>>
>>29699055
Starter designs get finalized. One is clearly superior to the other two by miles. They realize they hit the jackpot.
>>
Mat Block
>>
>>29699055
It was literally made for it.
>>
>>29699206
Mat block
>>
>>29699248
>>29699257
Fags
>>
>>29699178
That wouldn't explain why the other starters didn't get a second signature and better ability.
>>
>>29699055
>Try to make Greninja super popular and relevant
>Makes him job at the league
YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH YOU FUCKS
>>
>>29699055
>>29699084
>>29699256
Greninja was being pushed and having its dick sucked since before the designs were finalized. They set out to focus on one starter as the "iconic" one for the generation, giving it a slot in Smash Bros before they even knew what it looked like.

It was designed to be pushed. It receives so much more attention than Delphox and Chesnaught because it was always intended to. And, with the poll results putting it at #1, it's clear that their strategy worked.
>>
>>29699248
I honestly didn't even know about this move.
I'm surprised
>>
The thing about Greninja is that at least Charizard proved himself to be popular before getting featured in all advertisement and even then he remained garbage in game until gen6. They didn't give us (much) time to think if Greninja was cool or not, they just gave him everything and shoved him everywhere right out of the gate when the other two get left to die. At least Blastoise and Venasaur got megas as well.
>>
It feels good to be a Water fag.
>>
They wanted another Charizard in terms of popularity for soo long, tried with Sceptile, Blaziken, Infernape.. .and they finally got it with Greninja. I don't think people are really aware of the exent of Greninja's popularity. It is basically the new charizard especially with children all around the world. It is particularly popular in japan, the U.S. and latin america. Would you blame Gamefreak for exploiting such unexpected breakout star this far into the franchise's history? I don't. I'm happy they have a recent gen Pokémon who can compete with the likes of Mewtwo and Charizard in popularity.

If Delphox and Chesnaught didn't catch on, then it might be attributed to the pokemon's own flaws and bad design points, they are not iconic enough design-wise either, which isn't Greninja's fault like Phoxfans like to think.
>>
MAT
>>
>>29699370
Greninja is actually cool though so I don't mind. Charizard feels far more formulaic than Greninja, it's literally a fire dragon, someone will like it. They put their faith in a frog with a tongue scarf and I find that kinda cool. It feels less like something designed to appeal to kids and more something someone designed and everyone went, oh that's fucking sweet let's show it off.
>>
>>29699055
Bulletproof isn't situational. It's actually a great ability and Chesnaught is an amazing user of it.

It's just that Delphoxfags like you are obsessed with Protean "omgzz delphox should've gotten protean moonblast ice beam all elementary attacks including legendary signature moves cuz mageeee reeeeee i will never get over thisss"
>>
>>29699412
>If Delphox and Chesnaught didn't catch on, then it might be attributed to the pokemon's own flaws and bad design points, they are not iconic enough design-wise either, which isn't Greninja's fault
When one is designed to be iconic, and the other two are not, it's pretty clearly not "the pokemon's own flaws and bad design points". It's an unbalanced setup from the get-go. Now, that doesn't mean that fans of those Pokémon should hate Greninja, but it's a bit silly to pretend that Greninja just accidentally happened to be the popular one.
>>
>>29699597
But it was a risky move, anon. If people hadn't seen Greninja before, do you think the sole concept of a "tongue scarf" frog would have a good reception? most likely not. Chesnaught and Delphox's designs are much safer, at the same time less dynamic and striking to the eye. Greninja got popular right off the bat in october 2013 (IGN, Reddit, 2ch, Dorkly polls) and Smash/anime came wayy later. I don't think it was "shilled", it earned its own popularity and GF took notice.
>>
>>29699683
>and Smash/anime came wayy later.
>It was revealed that Greninja was decided to be in the game before Pokémon X and Y was even released. Masahiro Sakurai knew that a Gen 6 Pokémon was going to be a playable fighter in Smash 4, so when Greninja was decided, all they had to go on in terms of design was concept art

Try again.
>>
>>29699779
>not understanding the point

Who cares if Greninja was picked for Smash a priori? The public didn't know anything about a damn Greninja in SSB4 yet it was already the most popular Gen VI pokémon by far at the time. So the "it was shilled down our throats" argument is null and void.
>>
>>29699055
Because Greninja is objectively the best
>>
>>29699055
Smash was Sakurai's decision after looking at early concept art, not GF's.

Though I do agree on the rest, I still like Greninja a lot.
>>
I unironically like Greninja even though it is easily the most pandered Pokemon of all time not named pikachu or charizard, but I wish the other two got SOMETHING. Chestnaught is an underrated gem and Delphox is way cooler than its terrible ingame model would suggest.

In glad they're seemingly taking a more equal approach to this gen's starters, all three are great. Won't stop them from shilling one of them.
>>
>>29699951
>In glad they're seemingly taking a more equal approach to this gen's starters
Incineroar is basically going to be Greninja 2.0.
>>
>>29699055
Because it's immensely popular in Japan, and that's just how marketing works.
If they pushed products with some shitmon like, say, Lumineon, no one would be interested because they wouldn't know what the fuck it was.
>>
>>29699164
lowkey co-sign
>>
>>29699084
>Shitnaught and Delgarbage
They're trash but no where near as bad as 5th gens starters.
>>
>>29699055
Because they are a corporation that wants to make money. And having three different things that you're focussing on simply doesn't work as well in terms of marketing as having one singular design and character you can splash everywhere.
>>
>>29699055
Cause they expected money and the fucking got it. Btw Greninja's 3DS theme sat at the top 3 of the 3DS charts for months and outsold the Red & Blue one by a huge margin lol.. they clearly succeeded in a huge way.
>>
>>29699971
I'm cool with that, primarina is guaranteed OU and Decidueye probably has some usable niche with that signature move.
>>
>>29699082
BAAAAAAAAN
>>
>>29699055
GameFreak doesn't know how to balance. That's why it's a way better Pokemon than its counterparts. Sakurai also hand picked Greninja out of all Gen 6 Pokemon, so GameFreak wasn't really involved there.

Its special form was a result of it being popular as fuck. You just have to admit that Pokemon that are popular tend to be special treatment by GameFreak. Kinda like how Braixen gets the spotlight instead of Delphox.

I'm not really sure why Greninja has two signature moves, though. Sakurai probably influenced GameFreak sometime during development, considering it's a Fighting type move and Greninja uses a mat in its final smash.
>>
>>29699055
I can't tell you how I know this, and if I say any more than this, the ninjas will probably be after me.

GF have a psychic locked up, and are forcing him to work with them. He saw into the future who would be the most popular of the 3 so they decided to market it. They do this a lot lately.

All I can say is, Decidueye is next. Believe it or not, that's you.
>>
>>29700256
>Sakurai also hand picked Greninja out of all Gen 6 Pokemon, so GameFreak wasn't really involved there.

TPC gave him a handful of choices. He wasn't free to use anything from 6th gen he wanted.
>>
Friendly reminder that Sylveon was initially pushed REALLY hard as the gen's mascot and failed. Greninja's popularity came on its own and then they started making tons of merch for it. Shilling=/= popularity
>>
>>29700363
>TPC gave him a handful of choices. He wasn't free to use anything from 6th gen he wanted.
What are your sources?

Keep in mind that X and Y was still early in development. So maybe not all Pokemon have been conceptualized. But still, I don't see why GameFreakw ould withhold Pokemon like that.
>>
>>29700393
Sakurai is why they pushed him. He saw the entire gen 6dex before the public to add a new mon to Smash and picked Greninja because he 'looked cool'. That decision is why he was shilled by GF
>>
>>29699971
>Incineroar is basically going to be Greninja 2.0.

What did he mean by this?
>>
I used to really like Greninja during early-ish XY, it became a bit too much though. I still admire the mon, and definitely think it's a cool design. It did become a bit too normy for my like however, which is understandable with how the situation played out
>>
>>29699055
Because they saw that Greninja was the breakout starter of gen 6 and decided to milk that. Did the same thing for Charizard and Blaziken to a lesser extent. It's ashamed that the others get shafted, and I say that as someone who liked Greninja better.

I'm kind of afraid that Decidueye is gonna go the same route. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it were designed as such, given that would complete the "Fire Water Grass" trio. Gen 7's starters are too good for two of them to be ignored.
>>
>>29699971
I'd say Mimikyu is probably Alola's pandering Pokémon. Incineroar is controversial, and GameFreak wouldn't want another Zoroark on their hands.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.