[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Seagull evolves into a Pelican >Nothing wrong here 10/10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20161105_184219.jpg (50KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161105_184219.jpg
50KB, 460x345px
>Seagull evolves into a Pelican
>Nothing wrong here 10/10
>Woodpecker evolves into a Toucan
>GF ARE SUCH RETARDS, HOW IS THIS ALLOWED? REEEEEEEEE

What is wrong with you people?
>>
Whenever a pre-evolved Pokemon is revealed/leaked, people get ideas in their heads of what they want the evolved form to be, and then sperg out when they don't get exactly what they want. It happened with basically everything other than Wimpod this gen.
>>
>>29689627
>>Dove evolves into a Pheasant
>>Nothing wrong here 10/10
>>Woodpecker evolves into a Toucan
>>GF ARE SUCH RETARDS, HOW IS THIS ALLOWED? REEEEEEEEE
>>
maybe it's because that evolution is literally 13 years old and no one cares anymore.

At least pelipper is heavily stylized
>>
>>29689627
It's about a sense of progression.
A pelican does what a seagull does but better.
A Toucan would absolutely fuck itself up if it tried to be a woodpecker, making this evolution worse at what its pre-evolutions could do just fine.
>>
File: 542.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
542.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>29689627
>implying anyone liked the at first place

heh
>>
>>29689627
but everyone hates Pelipper
>>
File: pelican_lee.jpg (29KB, 425x320px) Image search: [Google]
pelican_lee.jpg
29KB, 425x320px
>>29689627
Because Pelipper doesn't look exactly like this except with angry eyes.
>>
>>29689627
I can understand about the whole seagull evolve into a pelican...
But a woodpecker evolving into a toucan...people just don't understand the whole motif of this pokemon line, that they're from the same group of family, Piciformes.
>>
File: image.png (136KB, 626x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136KB, 626x258px
>>29689627
You're kidding, right?

People are complaining about toucan sam because it's LITERALLY a toucan. The only reason people are searching for things to complain about is because it's so bafflingly uninspired that they want to be able to hate it on all accounts.
>>
>>29690326
>>29690308
Main reasons.
>There are better things to hate Pelipper for.
>Not literally a pelican.
>>
I don't really care about having a seagull Pokemon, meanwhile I really liked the idea of having a woodpecker Pokemon.
>>
File: 006Charizard.png (54KB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
006Charizard.png
54KB, 260x200px
wtf it's literally just a dragon
>>
File: 087Dewgong.png (80KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
087Dewgong.png
80KB, 350x338px
wtf it's literally just a seal
>>
>Starling evolves into raptor
>Nobody gives a shit
>>
>>29689627
>Seagull evolves into a Pelican
>Nothing wrong here 10/10
Except nobody says that because its just that fucking shit
>>
>>29690289
what?
>>
File: channel-billed-toucan.jpg (64KB, 530x390px) Image search: [Google]
channel-billed-toucan.jpg
64KB, 530x390px
Firstly Pelliper does suck, Wingull for life.

Secondly, while toucan isnt what I wanted out of pikapek, i do really like it. I just wish they were seperate lines, no complaining from me tho, pikapek in littlecup, toucan in NU

Thirdly this whole "litterally my moms toucan" argument is so stupid. Have you fuckers seen a toucan? Its already a living cartoon, what do you expect? Any changes added would just be greeted with "reeee overdesigned! i miss when pokemon were actually my moms animals like g1!!!"
>>
>>29690729
>Any changes added would just be greeted with "reeee overdesigned! i miss when pokemon were actually my moms animals like g1!!!"
No they wouldn't.
>>
>>29690333
>the same motif blah blah family

Go and fucking learn some actual taxonomy before you come here talking shit. Belonging to the same Taxonomic Order (or suborder as it happens) doesn't mean a huge amount when a wolf and a walrus share this exact same relationship

>motif

Like this actually is what gamefreak had in mind and how even does this make the shit literaltoucan evolves from cute woodpecker any fucking better?

Go and actually kill yourself anon if you are going to spout misinformed bullshit claiming to know stuff.
>>
>>29689627
Wigull and Pelliper are from glorious and perfect gen 3 so it's fine. The toucan is from the newer gen so no matter what they did with it it would be wrong. by default.
>>
File: batlaugh.jpg (34KB, 303x350px) Image search: [Google]
batlaugh.jpg
34KB, 303x350px
>>29690946
>glorious and perfect gen 3
thanks for the laugh
>>
>>29690729
Nothing wrong with Toukipek's design outside being "bald". That's what does it for me.
>>
>>29690842
People like you pissing me with this kind of comments...did you even check the wiki for the classification of woodpeckers and toucans? They're from the same group. Toucans live in the nest holes that the woodpeckers made.That's the whole theme and motif of the line. It goes from a woodpecker to a barbut to a toucan, of course, the visual appearance doesn't make sense but at least it has a motif.
>>
>>29690661
i wish my seal looked like that
>>
Literally my mom's toucan
>>
>>29691104
That's the main issue with the line though, it looks terrible. It can have that same motif (if that's even what they were going for) and still give it something interesting in its design.
>>
>>29689693
This is the truth. People are stupid.
>>
>>29691178
I admit it does look like a normal looking toucan. They could have done it better, like retain the red crest or at least red markings on top of the toucan's head but since its mid evos didn't have that, it's unfortunate.
>>
>>29689627
2 birds who live in sea reagions
>>
>>29689627
No one thinks pelilper is 10/10

gen 3 = the worst gen.
>>
>>29691737
I fucking love pelipper D: best bird ever ;3; its my bird-sis, i always catch a female one and name her "Pepper"
>>
>>29690670
>implying anyone would hate based raptor
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.