[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the ever-living fuck was the point of Lysandre's gear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: what.png (378KB, 966x548px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
378KB, 966x548px
What the ever-living fuck was the point of Lysandre's gear? It's been three years, and I still don't see why it was necessary. All semblances of intimidation were wiped away the second he came onto the screen with fucking Doctor Octopus arms and two robotic Ninjasks.
>>
It made him able to fly
>>
>>29679446
Focusing on the game for a moment, why would that matter? Yveltal/Xerneas were in a basement far underground.
>>
File: 1462997408291.png (140KB, 453x703px) Image search: [Google]
1462997408291.png
140KB, 453x703px
>>29679430
Thanks for the opinion
>>
>>29679430
They stated it in a interview right after XY. It's just a transfer device for Xerneas and Yveltal's energy. Like a flashdrive for the Ultimate Weapon.

The bugs on the back look like Magearna too, so there's that.
>>
>>29679430
I always thought it had something to do with him forcing his Gyarados to Mega Evolve but the villain from the Magearna movie has that instead so whatever.
>>
>>29679430
I thought it was so he could use mega evolution.
>>
>>29679430
In the anime he uses it to control the eldritch abomination thing.
In the games its something about the energy of the legendary.
>>
File: 1474245094453.jpg (13KB, 241x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474245094453.jpg
13KB, 241x250px
>>29679476
>Like a flashdrive for the Ultimate Weapon
You think they'd just... have him use a wireless device or something.
>>
>>29679430

They're cameras linked to his glasses retard, giving him an unrivalled view of the battlefield. His glasses are feeding him a full AR tactical display.

He invented the holocaster it's so obvious.
>>
>>29679456
I dont know. I just watched the episode in the OP picture. All it did was make him cool looking. Or what
>>29679476
Said
>>
>>29679520
>it's so obvious
Not really. Maybe I skipped a bit too much of the dialogue during my last play-through, but it was as if he went from a bland character to a bland character with needless robo-gear in three seconds.
>>
>>29679430
According to his concept art, it was a machine to drain Xerneas/Yveltal's energy into the Ultimate Weapon. More probable answer: it was to make him look "cool".
>>
>>29679509
But anon, then he wouldn't bat-shit insane like his personality.
>>
>>29679520
>it's so obvious

How so? The tentacles and the glasses themselves are never even mentioned, let alone their functions. How would anyone know what the glasses do? The Admins had them and they didn't have any stupid camera tentacles feeding them a tactical display.

All of a sudden he just shows up with them on for one battle and then he tears them off at the end. They do nothing.
>>
>>29679714
THANK YOU.
>>
>>29679430
He controlls mega evolution energy with it in the anime
>>
File: IMG_1910.png (83KB, 274x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1910.png
83KB, 274x314px
>>29679430
Same point there was to this place.
>>
>>29679430
I was hoping it was to give extra mega rings so he could have a party of megas
>>
>>29679714
He only becomes "Team Flare Boss Lysandre" in the game once he's put the visor on, until that point he's the only Team Flare member with uncovered eyes and his trainer class is just "Team Flare." As far as the visor goes it's symbolic of him finally dropping all pretense and going all out to stop you from destroying Team Flare's plans instead of toying with you like the first two fights.

I couldn't figure out the purpose of the 'bugs' until the anime showed him using them to shoot rays of Mega Evolution energy. They were going to do that with the energy of Xerneas/Yveltal after he beat you to put it back into the Ultimate Weapon. I'd presume that was the purpose of the gauntlet in the games, since it doesn't have as direct an analogue in the anime, where he used it to control his fake Zygarde.
>>
>>29681033
Whoops, didn't really say that very clearly.

I meant that the gauntlet would drain Xerneas/Yveltal's energy so he could use the bugs to recharge the weapon.
>>
>>29680980
Lysandres battle wouldnt be half as bad when all his pokemon are megas from the start
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.