[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Scald overpowered, or is Burn overpowered? What if the damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1454558346260.jpg (160KB, 762x907px) Image search: [Google]
1454558346260.jpg
160KB, 762x907px
Is Scald overpowered, or is Burn overpowered?

What if the damage over time was removed and just the physical attack drop kept? If you want damage over time, then poison them. The fact that Burn is bad for literally every kind of Pokemon to have, sweeper, wall, support, may be what makes Scald so obnoxious.

I really am not into competitive Pokemon so I'm very accepting to hear other people's thoughts, I'm by no means an authority on this. Just an idea I had.
>>
>>29677294
>pipe
disgusting
kill this opium bitch
>>
Scald is overpowered.
Burn was fine when only fire moves and WoW spread it.
>>
Scald IS overpowered. It is widely distributed and it isnt as bad as Toxic where steel and poison types are immune to poisoning; because the ones who don't get burnt are Fire types and then again it is super effective against them.

But then it hits for a good amount of power, it has a ridiculous amount of burn chance, it's practically made Surf useless. Not even flamethrower has the same burn rate.

They need to either lower the BP to like 40 or keep it 60 with a 10% burn chance.
>>
>>29677515
This.

Water type, in general, is good offensively (only resisted by 3 types, once of which, Grass, being very uncommon and another, Dragon, which both are weak to Ice, when a lot of Water types can learn Ice-type moves for coverage) and very good defensively (resists typically offensive types [Fire/Ice], weak only to Grass[uncommon] and Electric[weaker offensive type this generation with Volt Switch being the main attacking move).

So you give a really good type a STAB 80 BP move that can unthaw the user/target and has a 30% chance to inflict a status condition on the target that'll damage it every turn and halve its physical attack.

Scald can sway games into your favor of winning with no drawback. You should never make a move positioned to be the best/neutral option have that kind of metagame influence. People'll just click Scald because it does decent damage and hey, I've got almost 1/3 chance to cripple the Pokemon that's going to switch in to counter me.

I'm fine with it having a 30% chance to Burn, but it needs (the best option) have its accuracy lowered (85-90%) and it's BP lowered slightly, to about 65-70. Then it'll give a reason for someone to use Surf over it.
>>
>>29678079
How about 60 bp and 100% accuracy?
>>
>>29677294
Nerf Scald to 70 BP but make it super effective against Ice to compensate.
>>
>>29678244
I still think it'd be too spamable if it was at 100%. If you're going to have an attack on a type that good, you have to give the player the second thought; "should I really pick this move? Or should I pick something that'll do solid damage? What's the best option for me here"?

I think we just have to get away from safe options that open doors for victory. Lowering its accuracy removes how threatening it is.
>>
>>29677294
Make it hybrid Fire/Water-type like Flying Press so Fire-types aren't weak to it and Flash Fire can also absorb it - also, you then have a real reason to take Surf over Scald
>>
>>29678262
Sure, we need to nerf Ice types. They already have a ton of weaknesses and absolutely no use defensively so what's one more weakness?
>>
>>29678663
>Make it hybrid Fire/Water-type like Flying Press so Fire-types aren't weak to it and Flash Fire can also absorb it

I like this idea! I still say the Burn chance needs to either be lowered or simply affect physical attacking power and not inflict chip damage.

While we're on the subject, how about make Poison damage halve SpAtk power? Poison needs a buff still. Heck, make it SE against Water and balance out Water ffs
>>
>>29680173
Need to make Ice worth using first.
>>
>>29680226
Okay...give Ice resistance to Water, Grass, Ground, Flying and Dragon. Then a fire/Water typed Scald would be neutral on Ice types.
>>
>>29678262
Yeah because Ice needs to be even more shit.
>>
>>29680283
>, Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Ghost, and Dragon.

Its fucking hot water, you retard. If Fire is SE against ice, boiling water would be as well.

Also
>nerfing Grass

Holy shit. How brain damaged can one child be?
>>
>>29680368
...I'm saying if Ice were given those resistances, and if Scald were then re-typed to Fire/Water, then no, it would still be neutral damage to an Ice type.

Grass would still be weak to Ice, nimrod. Ice would simply gain a resistance to Grass. Learn to fucking read.
>>
>>29677294
I'd say the Burn aspect of Scald is what makes it overpowered because Burn as a mechanic in general is really fucking retarded. I can understand a steady rate of damage, but halving the attack of anything that doesn't have Guts is stupid, especially when you consider that most Pokemon that are widely used with Scald are incredibly defensive Water Pokemon, making it hard as shit to wallbreak

Either change the Burn mechanic itself, or reduce the chance of burn entirely. There should be no reason why a WATER move should have a high chance of causing burn than most FIRE moves that aren't named Will o' Wisp
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.