[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So whats GameFreaks excuse for weak post game third time in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

So whats GameFreaks excuse for weak post game third time in a row, this time in Sun and Moon?

Because Post Game league (if its is post game) is nothing more than ORAS league rematches or BW post game league. It is SOMETHING but hardly a lot

Battle Tree is pretty much another regional Battle Tower (like Maison in XY) with few old characters as a bonus.

THIS is all they deliver for 20th annivesary game? After 2 year break and shit ton of complains about weak post game in gen 6?

How come GF is unable to do what they did in Emerald? Or Platinum? Or HGSS? Or BW2?
At least XY had good excuses for being incomplete (new console, first 3D game, first worldwide release). SM has no excuses. At all.

Better graphics are nice but come on
>>
>>29674516
Please understand
>>
>>29674516
have you played the game?
>>
>>29674516

Can we at least wait until a single person has played the game to whine about the postgame that so far we know nearly nothing about?
>>
>>29674548
No, if we did that we might be proven wrong.
>>
>>29674516
sun and moon arent even out lol
>>
>>29674535
>>29674548
Guess you missed the facy that Gf reveals everything in recent campaigns.

They revealed everything important for ORAS and so far it seems they're doing it for SM aswell

They even revealed final starter evos which they never did in the past (bar gen 1). Also they already revealed post game content in SM so they're not trying to surprise fans
>>
>>29674516
Wait until you actually play the game before judging the post-game, please.

That being said most players have already bought and pumped several hours into the game by the time they get to the post-game, it's not like they're losing lots of sales over the post-game. The people who care enough to not buy the game are an incredibly niche subsection of the playerbase.
>>
We were so busy tweaking the game to run smoother that making a postgame slipped our mind! *raughs*
>>
>>29674644
meme dubs
>>
>>29674615
Nothing but baseless assumptions.

>They even revealed final starter evos which they never did in the past (bar gen 1).
The fact that they were leaked months in advance may have influenced that decision.

>Also they already revealed post game content in SM so they're not trying to surprise fans
Or, they're still leaving some surprises, but wanted to reveal one particular feature that may actually be a selling point for many potential buyers,so it would be idiotic not to have revealed it in advance.

Seriously, whining about the postgame now is just absurd. Wait a couple of weeks and decide for yourself when you have all the information.
>>
Post games mean nothing
Most people don't even play them and the best pokemon games, red and blue, only have one dungeon for a postgame
So to me no post game is fine as long as the game is at least as replayable as gen 1
>>
>>29674516
>Battle Tree is pretty much another regional Battle Tower (like Maison in XY) with few old characters as a bonus.
>then he goes praising BW2's postgame
Amazing.
>>
>>29674721
Sure, remember when people said its pointless to worry about BF in ORAS?

Everey battle intrro in the game leaked. There's nothing aside for skull, aether, elite 4, kahunas and few fancy intros for Hau, Gladion etc

Thats all we get
>>
>>29674784
To be fair, BW2 had the usual Battle Tower analogue, but then also the PWT and Black Tower/White Treehollow, plus quite a few postgame routes. It really was quite a lot.
>>
>>29674784
BW2 had PWT which had ALL champions, gym leaders and few extra characters from Unova

Thats more than few old cameos

>>29674754
>the best pokemon games, red and blue
kys
>>
>>29674839
But what else were you expecting?
>>
>>29674839

Well you know what, you can continue to be bitter and pissed off for the next couple of weeks based on your assumptions, and I'll keep my options open and decide once I've actually played the game. Even if you're right, I suspect I'll be happier over the long run.
>>
The first set of games in a generation never get good postgame anymore, ever.
The second or third set is where all the postgame shit is at, even if it is just Move Tutors and catching all the Legendaries yet again just so you can use them in VGC, and on top of that they can add shit mid-generation like Megas, Z Moves and Formes so you HAVE to upgrade whether you like it or not because God knows they aren't patching the previous games anytime soon.
>>
>>29674867
Maybe something like BW2? Or Platinum?

Not barely more than XY thats for sure
>>
>>29674933
>Like BW2 or Platinum

You see what those games have in common, right?

So you were expecting that the first entry in a new generation would have features that have always appeared in a generation's later games, a pattern that has always been followed?

You've got only yourself to blame for getting your hopes up.
>>
>>29674865
Wow it had rehashed sprites from the games that came before it, amazing.

>>29674845
Quite a few postgame routes with what in it? Fucking nothing. Literally the only point of interest was Village Bridge and even that didn't have anything. All games but XY offers new places to explore, they aren't exclusive to BW2.
>>
>>29675014
The patterns are dead with Gray, Z etc and besides this is 20th annivesary game after a long break

If GF is inable to deliver now they wont deliver anytime soon
>>
>>29675025
>All games but XY offers new places to explore,
RS has no new places to explore either, RBY has one extra cave which is hardly a lot

Oh and SM clearly has no new places either
>>
>>29675025

The postgame routes in BW2 had quite a lot, including multiple old gyms (including the Striaton multibattle), the Colress rematch, the N rematches... what else did you want?

Also, Village Bridge was not postgame in BW2. Are you sure you actually played it?
>>
>>29675064
Yeah, but then their sequel come out with the Battle Frontier, the king of endgame content
>>
>>29674516
I'm sorry, but does the Sun and Moon already have a bad post game? Oh, that's right. The game isn't even out yet. In fact, it's only few weeks until. Does not revealing all its post game a few weeks from release count as a weak post game? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the game isn't even out? Gamefreak is getting the GTS prepared for Sun and Mloon and they have been the developing these games for how many years now? They're going off of one of the worst pokemon game in the history of the series who just happen to have a better post game as nothing has really been revealed so far. But you know what? It still fucking sucks. Sun and Moon are gonna be one of the best fucking games in the Pokemon, they're trying to balance overused pokemon and adding new pokemon with great abilities. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the games get leaked and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, Sun and Moon revealed all their post game, just like the ORAS did. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Sun and Moon topics because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like the game because they're good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking games on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.
>>
File: indian soap operas.gif (2MB, 212x153px) Image search: [Google]
indian soap operas.gif
2MB, 212x153px
>>29675213
>>
>>29675213
You like sucking that GF dick arent you?
>>
>>29675213

We haven't seen any post game areas in trailers as well in the region map. All four islands were shown on some story parts and the Battle Tree is in that island, where the supposed story final takes place.

No new towns. Maybe one route but that's it. Wouldn't call that a decent post game.
>>
>>29675336
Imagine how disappointed you'd be in the Gold/Silver post game if you just looked at the region map.

What I'm saying is, maybe we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions this early?
>>
>>29675361
If GF had a big post game stuff they'd reveal it just like they shoed Red, Blue, Cynthia, Wally and post game league

That is all. They showed their biggest card already. The game is near, there wont be more
>>
>>29675336
Yeah, I was kind of disappointing with Fire Red and Leaf Green's postgame aswell. I mean, all there was only Kanto.
>>
>>29675394
Why?
>>
>>29675400
Thats a different situation.

Alola puts big emphasis on 4 islands forming the region, 4 guardians, 4 Kahunas etc

If there would more islands in Alola it wouldnt make sense

Additional parts of the map wont happen here.
>>
>>29675513
What makes you so confident about that
I don't really follow your theory
>>
>>29675671
What makes you think there are extra parts of the map we havent seen yet?
>>
>>29675213
tried shitposting this on my friend's steam profile. it was too long.
>>
>>29675694
Because the ocean is a big place and Hawaii has other, smaller islands

I'm also not going to make pointless assumptions about a game I haven't played yet

Could very well have a large postgame or none to speak of but I'm not gonna pretend like I know all about an unreleased game cus I'm not a fool
>>
Check the smartphone influence
Games for play various hours and nothing more
for this Ohmori and Masuda not include BF in OR/AS
>>
>>29675742
People said the same about ORAS

The official map has nothing else unless it would be in the very corners were clouds are but that would look odd as fuck without clouds.
>>
File: entitled little shit.jpg (239KB, 2382x458px) Image search: [Google]
entitled little shit.jpg
239KB, 2382x458px
>>29674631
>>29674535
>>29674548
>>29674594
Hello neogafugees, decided to stick around a little longer?
>>
File: ttyd fags every day.jpg (39KB, 649x480px) Image search: [Google]
ttyd fags every day.jpg
39KB, 649x480px
>>29675811
>>
>>29675811
What, people can't be hopeful?
>>
>>29675864
>>29675865
GF's current track record doesn't deserve hope, I had hope for a X&Y and I had hope that ORAS would include emerald features like HGSS featured crystal features.

This time if I think it's going to be more of the same then when it turns out not to be I'm at least happy to be proven wrong, rather than looking like a drooling retard with a case of battered wife syndrome like you little smegheads.
>>
>>29675945
woh that last part was pretty specific

But excuse me for being optimistic. And there's nothing wrong with being upset with being wrong as long as you learn something.
>>
File: 1462020736243.jpg (20KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1462020736243.jpg
20KB, 241x230px
>>29675811
This is perfect.
>>
>>29675945
Same, sure id LOVE to be proven wrong but everything we know so far judging by map, official reveals, demo hacking and chinese leaks says the post game will be very poor, maybe slightly better than XY
>>
File: 145773856353.png (22KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
145773856353.png
22KB, 275x200px
>>29675991
Nothing wrong with either. Being optimistic or pessimistic. What's wrong is attacking people who feel either way when they express their opinion.
>>
>>29675791
Why
>>
>>29676131
Demo hacking what? That we don't have a super special intro? PWT trainers all use the same fucking one, does it mean it has no bosses? BWBW2 Subway's boss intro is the same one as the trainers, does that mean it has no postgame?

That's fucking retarded logic.
>>
>>29676300
PWT had a special intro, guess you never played the game
>>
>>29676332
Nice lie. Every single trainer in the PWT all have the same cage->logo intro. No one has a special intro.
>>
>>29674516
Anon, the thing you've been playing is the DEMO for sun and moon. The real game isn't out yet. Silly billy.
>>
>>29676422
>Nice lie

"PWT had a special intro, guess you never played the game" >>29676332

The cage was a special intro for PWT, SM has nothing like that

>>29676424
You're right, im sure there's TONS of post game right? There has to be because optimistic means there will be TONS no matter what
>>
File: CmwyvQZUcAEEKAK.jpg (93KB, 841x780px) Image search: [Google]
CmwyvQZUcAEEKAK.jpg
93KB, 841x780px
>>29675945
Not everyone is so jaded they'd let a single element of a game they haven't played yet ruin their entire experience. No one can prove your opinion as right or wrong, but you could lighten up a little.
>>
>>29674516
Are you from the future?
>>
>>29676332
That was before the battle though. The actual intro was normal.
>>
>>29674839
We've already seem that Wally, Red, Cynthia, and Blue all use the basic battle intros, so that doesn't prove much against there being more content
>>
>>29676488
>The cage was a special intro for PWT, SM has nothing like that
And SM has various backgrounds that we don't know the purpose of. How is that any different? Just because a logo isn't slapped on your face?
Every PWT trainer had that intro. This means it didn't have bosses since the two previous gens had a special intro for every facility boss, it means it didn't have a postgame.

Your logic is more retarded than mine.
>>
>>29676589
The mere fact that they already revealed Red and Blue being in the game, right of the bat, means there's nothing more in store.

Few more old champs in Battle Tree and thats it
>>
Pokemon is fun and post games don't make or break a game

Not to mention s/m are so non standard as far as story progression goes
>>
>>29676671
>what

You're great at making assumptions, man, you should write for liberal media
>>
>>29676718
Sure thing

Remember the chinese leaks? The leaker never even mentioned any post game despite giving several hints about everything else

Its pretty obvious why
>>
>>29676760
The chinese leaker never even mentioned anything about the story or even there BEING a story, despite giving several hints about everything else. The official trailers barely did it, either.

It's pretty obvious why.
>>
>>29674516

Casuals play through the main story and put the game down

The hardcore audience plays online against other people
>>
File: 080.jpg (34KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
34KB, 550x633px
>>29674516
>>
>>29676760
Because his leaks focused on the pokemon, it is pretty obvious
>>
>>29674516
Because the first games in a Gen never have an expansive postgame, that's left for remakes/third versions as a marketing thing. Notice how all the good postgames you listed are not the first games of their Gen. ORAS's postgame was shit because the game was made in less than a year and they spoiled all of it.

Also the game isn't even out yet nigga.
>>
>Says the leaker never said anything about post-game when there was none
>>is asked why the guy didn't talk about story
>>>responds with "Because his leaks focused on the pokemon, it is pretty obvious"

So...if he focused on the Pokemon....why would he talk about the post game?
>>
>>29676973
No postgame because my esp says so
>>
>>29676973
I didn't ask why the guy didn't talk about story, i was parroting his post with another argument entirely
>>
File: 1388949517906.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1388949517906.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>29675316
>>29675336

>doesn't recognize classic copypasta
Please, I know you're only here to troll, but make it less obvious, would you?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.