[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon families are now considered one pokemon in the pokedex.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: hjtwtp.png (66KB, 691x270px) Image search: [Google]
hjtwtp.png
66KB, 691x270px
Pokemon families are now considered one pokemon in the pokedex.

Kanto
77 (84 if you count Alolan forms that can't evolve from the originals)
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova
Kalos
Alola
42(50 if you count each individual UB)

There are now 292 pokemon (7 full Alolan Lines and 8 UBs not included) How do you feel about this?
>>
This has to be one of the most moronic, autistic and just generally pointless things I have ever read on this board. That's how I feel about this.
>>
>>29665032
>How do you feel about this?
Useless and pointless. So it's perfect for an autistic person like you.
>>
I guess that could work. Would work better for something like Digimon where they can revert back, though, imo.
>>
pointless but why not
>>
>>29665075
>>29665087
>people that give a shit about pre-evolutions
I bet you fags think Alola has a bad Pokedex. Only fully evolved are true Pokemon, with few exceptions like Chansey, Magneton, and Doublade.
>>
Sure, but why?

>>29665075
>>29665087
>post literally anything that isn't memes
>autism xD
>>
>>29665127
>I bet you fags think Alola has a bad Pokedex
not either of those anons but Alola's dex is awful
>>
>>29665075
>>29665087
Not nearly autistic than the """funny""" forced memes posted all the goddamn time
>>
>>29665127
I love the Arora dex. It's missing some of my favorites but that's only to be expected. For single player, which is what I mainly play, sometimes I choose not to evolve pokemon if their evolutions are too powerful and the game is too easy.

All pokemon are true pokemon. Even baby pokemon, UBs, and legendary pokemon.
>>
>>29665127
I'm fine with the Pokedex. Everything else you said is heresy.

>>29665150
I know everyone shouts out autism as a buzzword around here, but taking the time to something so incredulously pointless and making an accompanying graphic is is undeniably autistic behavior.
>>
>>29665127
Smongo detected, take your cancer back to showdown syndrome.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
I'm sorry op, but your thread is fucking dumb.
>>
It's ok OP, I thought it was interesting.
>>
>>29665032
I like Johto because it has 100 pokemon
>>
>>29665032
Ignore the other fucks who don't care.

I've also thought about simplifying the pokedex by just joining the evolution lines. Seems more organized. Thanks for doing the math.
>>
>>29665032
>There are now 292 pokemon
so we're still in like gen 3?
>>
>>29665032
That's how I already considered things?
>>
>>29665574
it's funny that you say this considering smogon is the one that makes the most out of NFEs because of lower tiers and LC.
>>
>>29665256
>>29665087
>>29665150
>something so incredulously pointless
It artificially decreases the amount of Pokemon we currently have, shown by how >>29665731
interprets it and while it's not perfect and is mostly a lie, it's better than having to reduce the amount of pokemon we get each get so we can not hit one fucking thousand like GF seems afraid of.
>>
>>29665032
I dont feel nothing in particular about this, but it makes me think how many more pokèmon I've still left to breed for completing my personal competitive dex (only fully evolved with different dex, good eviolite users and megas)
>>
>>29665032
Neat.
>>
>>29665032
This isn't a terrible idea, but sadly it's not as elegant as it first sounds. Split evolutions, especially Eevee, throw a wrench into the works.
>>
>>29667500
As well as different stages of an evolution line that work competitively (Porygon line, Chansey, etc.)
Also, the Cosmog line is not confirmed to actually evolve into Solgaleo/Lunaala
It might be a Carbink-Diancie relationship
>>
you could have avoided so many hutthurt faggots by just phrasing it "there are this many evolution families" instead of the way you did it
>>
>>29665032
That's pretty cool, and this is -technically- not incorrect insofar as--for example--a trainer's Pichu named Rocky is still Rocky once it becomes a Raichu. It's the same being, just evolved. Each stage in any given Pokemon's line simply goes by a different name, even though it's basically the same Pokemon.

What's truly insane is all the interspecies mating that goes on in the franchise.
>>
>>29665075
>>29665087
Is this the only board that throws the word autism any time someone does an OP post that took more than 30 seconds to make?

>>29665032
I think there should be a Pokemon families section of the Dex, as well as a final evolution section. But changingbthe Dex so its that alone is a bad idea
>>
>292
Never think this way but I fell that should have more pokemon, like 3x more families
>>
>>29667650
"Whenever Solgaleo or Lunala gets injured, parts of their bodies break off. These parts regenerate into new Cosmog." Imagine if that were actually hinted at in the games.

>>29668625
It'd appear so. In fact, I might even get called autistic for this post.
>>
>>29665256
>taking the time to something so incredulously pointless and making an accompanying graphic is is undeniably autistic behavior.
It would take about half an hour of studying the national dex to get that result. And OP's picture is hardly a graph.
If your threshold for autism is that shallow then you seriously need to rethink things.
>>
>>29667961
The stages of an evolution are closer to subspecies, not their own species.

Could be interesting, but as others have said, split evos kinda keep it from working fully.
>>29668625
/v/ does as well. Started as a joke about minecrafts appeal to autistic people and became meme magic from there.
>>
>>29665032
How long did this take to make? Anyways, I'v always wondered how each region would change its pokedex if you decided all pre-evolutions were one line and if you excluded all the fully evolved Pokemon everyone hates or doesn't care about (like Luvdisc or Basculin).
>>
>>29669440
Part of me thinks this is one person shitting the thread up because he's mad that somebody called him autistic.
>>
>>29665101
Digimon generally don't revert back, actually
>>
>>29667650
Doubtful. There was a post about 3 months back saying that "Lillies mom studies aliens and you have to fight them and also Solgaleo and Lunala share a pre-evolution" and this was WELL BEFORE we knew about ultra beasts or Aether. The fact that it got 2 things right and then we get a plot major Pokémon that look like both legendaries, means there is no way it is just a coincidence.

>>29669374
Not even that long. Bulbapedia has a list of Pokémon by evolutionary line already compiled. You just have to spend 5 minutes counting and that's it.
>>
>>29665032
Comparing the number of pokemon across gens is a fickle thing i think. New forms/megas require the same amount of data and work as a cross-gen evolution. It's silly to not count them.

Lets face it. Unova turned off a lot of people by having TOO MANY pokemon. People felt that a garbage pokemon and a snowcone pokemon was going to far. GF had to make a change. They decided to give us alternate forms of fan favorite pokemon instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel to crank out crapmon.

And i think that was the correct decision.
>>
>>29665032
Pretty interesting. Always thought it was weird how pokemon were considered a different 'species' just because of their evolutionary stages.
>>
>>29669502
Actually, they do. Read up before you comment.
>>
>>29669545
Those people were retards. Genwun had a pokeball with eyes, eggs with eyes, etc.

And they haven't stopped with objectmons either. If anything they've just gotten more abstract.
>>
>>29669561
Well why else would it be called evolution?

Breeding is what makes this weird. Gothita for example is technically a sexually mature adult.
>>
>>29670812
Except it's NOT evolution, it's metamorphosis.
>>
>>29670682
He said generally, generally they do not.
>>
>>29671128
I don't know why I've never put that together. Metamorphosis is the perfect term to describe what is actually happening.
>>
>>29671926
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>29672686
Yes, I do. Digimon only revert when they're severely injured. The only reason partner digimon revert is because most of the time when they digivolve it's a temporary boost or their allows them do so through another method digimon don't usually have access to.

If you want to prove me wrong be my guest.
>>
>>29665032
> Counting alola forms as Kanto and not Alola

nigger literally what
they are explicitly called ALOLA forms
>>
>>29672659
Not him, but if the regional bugs didn't trigger the association for you, learn a bit more about Biology, seriously.

Ironically, what we do at the daycare might be considered evolution - through artificial selection.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 579x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 579x637px
>>29665032
>UBs not included
Why the fuck wouldn't they be included?
>>
>>29665032
This would be such an irrelevant change...
>>
>>29672911

IDK. Not OP, but I've always felt like this gives a much better estimate of what each gen gave us rather than some shitty raw dex number where every single pokemon is a 3-stage evolution so the dex looks bigger. The way things are counted is important.
>>
>>29672746
Digimon World 3, World 4, World DS, World Dawn/Dusk, and Cyber Sleuth all prove you wrong. And hell, all the other World games I failed to mention prove you wrong if the Digimons dying and reverting into an egg counts.
>>
>>29669303
Is that an actual Dex entry?
>>
>>29672984
Again, that's because they had human partners. On their own it's a rarity unless the become severely injured.

>Digimons dying and reverting into an egg counts.
Yes that falls under what I said, calm down sperg.
>>
>>29669545
This is true, but we've had other forms since Gen 2 and I'm certain what gets counted as added to the number of Pokemon and what doesn't will end up arbitrary to the point where this us the best we have.
>>
>>29667650
Where does it confirm Cosmog doesn't evolve?
link?
>>
>>29669303
Solgaleo and Lunala are mechs controlled by Cosmog though
>>
>>29673047
>Digimon don't revert back; except for all the occasions where they do but those don't count
Alright then.

What does this even have to do with the thread anyhow?
>>
>>29672963
This depends a lot on your priorities, though.

Counting the species by the families would be only relevant if you want to know how many you need to catch, revive or trade to get; if you're into competitive battle, only the final evolutions count; and if you care about different designs, all steps plus formes count separately.
>>
>>29669303
fucking autist
>>
>>29673121
The occasions that they do are rare, when they have a human, and when they get rekt. Don't make it seem like a common occurrence.

>What does this even have to do with the thread anyhow?
You tell me
>>
>>29673173
>when they have a human
>rare occurrence
So you admit to having no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>29673239
>Millions of Digimon inhabit the digital world
>Only a handful of human-partnered digimon at a time
Sure thing, bro.
>>
>>29673239
That is a rare occurrence, in most of the anime what have you only a select group of humans have digimon. Even in the games where more people have digimon it's nowhere near to the scale of pokemon.
>>
>>29672792
I mean, it's not like I didn't know the term. Like I said, it seems dumb how I didn't put these two things together, especially given the context of the regional bugs.
>>
>>29672792
Also agreed on the daycare thing. I've spent far too many hours working on my own crudely forced evolutionary breeding programs not to have realized that one.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.