[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back from the Volcanion movie. Shit was great, best movie since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Pokémon_movie_2016.png (675KB, 460x651px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_movie_2016.png
675KB, 460x651px
Back from the Volcanion movie. Shit was great, best movie since Darkrai.

Magearna is pronounced as Muh-Gear-Na, and it talks in beeps rather than dialogue. She's not as annoying as many of the 'cute' moviemons tend to be
Racel is now Rolly, and he sounds like a discount Maddie Peters.
Chymia is still Chymia, pronounced Kimmy-ya
Volcanion's voice is actually good, and is probably Mike Pollock
Jarvis is now Alva, and he's a complete scumbag. You really want to see Volcanion wreck his shit by the end not that it happens sadly
The guy who created Magearna is now Nikola
The Azoth Kingdom is still the Azoth Kingdom
Stand Tall has a full version, which is marginally better than the OP version, but not much
An instrumental version of Be A Hero is used at one point too
Shinji Miyazaki was credited fot the music in the opening, but it quickly became apparent that it was more Goldfarb stuff, confirmed by the end credits.
End credits song was nice, if unmemorable
>>
I didn't think Darkrai was very good but from what I've seen this movie does look like its decent. I think it helps Magearna is pretty much a curious a.i. and not your usual mythical.
>>
>The guy who created Magearna is now Nikola
Actually now that I think about it I think his name is in fact Tesla

Nikola immediately comes to mind on hearing the name Tesla, but now I seem to recall that being the name said in the film rather than Nikola.
>>
>>29662858
So TPCi replaced the Japanese music again for the 3rd Movie in a row with Movie 19? Fuck them, if so, even 4Kids had the decency to leave it alone in their last few Movies. Sorry, but the voice acting & script/dialogue in TPCi's dub are also mostly bad, so I have no reason to sit through it despite one or two good performances.

I'll trust you on the rest, though, friend.
>>
Where did you go to see it? Its not in theaters
>>
>>29664458
It is in Australia, I think that's where OP saw it.

Either way, fuck TPCi's awful Pokemon dubs, I'll wait for the Japanese Version myself.
>>
>>29664446
Volcanion's voice is the only real highlight on the side of the dub. The rest if it is fairly typical of the current TV series standards, though Sean Schemmel as Alva manages to put out a voice I didn't recognise as him.

>>29664458
We have it here in Australasia. We tend to be the first place to get the dub in some of our theatres, with the dvd release coming roughly a month later, still before the Japanese dvd release.

>>29664470
It should be amazing subbed. I managed to enjoy it even with the dub, but that was largely on the strength of the film rather than the dub.
>>
>>29664555
Understood, and thanks for the heads up: just want to confirm the Japanese OST was replaced again, right?
>>
>>29664676
I'm pretty sure it was. I haven't heard the Japanese music, but Ed Goldfarb was credited in the credits and I heard a mild remix of his performance theme in there somewhere.

The music wasn't elevator tier like his TV stuff is, but the Japanese music will almost certainly be better.
>>
>>29664729
Typical TPCi, really, not surprised in the least.

Thanks for letting me know, though, not gonna suffer through that then lol.
>>
Darkrai is still my favorite Pokemon movie and legendary. A while ago I actually had a soundbite of Palkia's roar on my phone because I enjoyed it so much.

On another note, can I watch this movie online anywhere yet?
>>
File: Baphomet.png (56KB, 299x439px) Image search: [Google]
Baphomet.png
56KB, 299x439px
>>29662858

>Racel is now Rolly
>Jarvis is now Alva
>The guy who created Magearna is now Nikola

I guess they didn't want to risk anyone actually looking up the names of alchemists and occultists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabir_ibn_Hayyan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracelsus

ESPECIALLY the Magearna guy, whose original name is Eliphas.
You've seen this image before, right? He wrote the book it came from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliphas_Levi
>>
I'm glad this movie is being liked, I had a good feeling about it from the begining, it looked far more "focused" than the Hoopa movie and the two main legendaries seemed have personality.

Any link to a camrip, japanese or wathever? I watched it until the middle before it got deleted.
>>
>>29662858
>An instrumental version of Be A Hero is used at one point too
Was it long enough to be a full version?
>>
>>29665820
It lasted for a good chunk of battle, definitely longer than its tv counterpart.
>>
Is the song at 6:10 in this video in the movie? It's fucking beautiful
https://youtu.be/DQzA704ZHVo
>>
File: Memegearna.png (36KB, 135x158px) Image search: [Google]
Memegearna.png
36KB, 135x158px
>>29662858
>Muh-Gear-Na
>>
>>29666948
>credits song

I realllllly doubt it
>>
>>29666948
'fraid not. The dub had their own ending theme, as with every film ever bar Jirachi. The ending song from the dub wasn't terribly memorable since I can't recall much of it, not even the title. It was about Magearna, sung from her persepctive summarizing parts of the basic idea of Magearna and the movie, but It wasn't as cute as that one. It was OK though.

But sadly no, that cute track wasn't anywhere to be found.
>>
I had a brief skim through the camrip, and it sounds like Magearna may have retained its Japanese voice. Though she sounds a bit lower in the rip than I recall from the theatre, the sketchy quality of the rip's audio makes it difficult to tell exactly. Either way, she sounds much the same in both versions.

I also had a look at the dub trailer, and I'm not so sure now that Volcanion actually was voiced by Mike Pollock. Either way, it's basically its Japanese voice in English. Definitely still the highlight of the dub.
>>
I'll be getting the aus dvd as usual as soon as its available. No word on any north American airings yet, but I'll upload the so gs when I get it
>>
>>29666973
>The dub had their own ending theme, as with every film ever bar Jirachi

bastards, they don't even shell out a cent when the ending themes are in english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLPevrDq8i8
>>
if tpci released an "fixed" dub with all JP music and fixed all shitty lines, would you buy?
>>
>>29667830
I would be more interested in buying it if TPCi didn't write shitty dialogue/scripts & didn't replace Miyazaki's orchestral BGM with UFO and elevator tunes, yes, but that wouldn't be enough, because their dubs have even more issues than that.

TPCi would also need to either keep the Japanese intros or make ones up to at least the quality 4Kids put out & the incompetent voice cast they've stuck with for the last 10 years (Natochenny, Knotz, Rogers, Cathcart, etc.) would need to be canned for actual talent be it the older ones from 4Kids like Taylor, Stuart, Lillis, Price, Zagnit, etc. or some talent from FUNimation or Viz or Ocean etc.

TPCi dubs are absolutely horrendous. This is coming from a dubfag who will gladly support a dub if it's even remotely decent.
>>
>best movie since Darkrai
So still nothing?
>>
>>29667416
And the irony is Jirachi was dubbed by 4Kids, not TPCi. That's right, 4Kids kept a Japanese theme and TPCi never has to date- no, I'm not kidding.
>>
>>29667927
/thread
>>
Are the subbers waiting for the home release before they sub this film?
>>
>>29668135
Yes. Subs don't normally drop until a couple of months months into the new year. Probably not until March or even April in this case as the film is longer than Hoopa, and the second half has more to it than grunting and shit blowing up.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.