[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you guys feel if they use Emerald storyline for ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Emerald.jpg (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald.jpg
30KB, 250x250px
How would you guys feel if they use Emerald storyline for ORAS instead of whatever fuck is going on in Delta Episode
>>
>>29661903
Would've preferred HGSS style remake where it's the same general plot with elements of the the third version worked in.
>>
>>29661903
them not using emerald is the reason oras did not have battle tower
>>
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who prefers the original Ruby and Sapphire over Emerald.

I mean, I'll admit that the increased difficulty is nice, and the Battle Frontier was a fun distraction for a little while. But Emerald's story just felt so disruptive, constantly having the pacing broken by Scott and interrupting phone calls. And after all that, you don't even get to fight a Legendary in the climax, you just wake one up and it does all the work for you.

That's not including the fact that you can't do contests at all until Lilycove, how crowded all the routes are with the overflow of additional trainers, and that Wallace is the worst champion in the franchise. I'm fine being the minority, I just don't understand the love for Emerald. I was very let down, personally.
>>
>>29661903
I wouldn't like ORAS if that happened.
>>
File: 1477418923011.jpg (225KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477418923011.jpg
225KB, 640x720px
>>29661903
I like it as is. We get the Ruby/Sapphire storyline and that fucking amazing space battle with Deoxys as an epilogue.
Flying on Rayquaza into space made the lack of battle frontier entirely worth it.
>>
File: image.png (70KB, 518x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 518x216px
>>29662409
>>
>>29661903
was good as is
you can't use a storyline that merges two versions in two different versions
there would be no real difference between them, meaning no reason to make two versions
>>
>improved teams for Gym Leaders
>more challenging
>Gym rematches
>New mechanics like Flame Body halving the hatching process and the Everstone granting a 50% chance of passing down the nature
>Animated sprites
>Gen 2 starters are obtainable
>Battle Frontier

Emerald was one of a kind.
>>
>>29661903
That wouldn't make much sense.

>>29662087
Yeah I'd prefer if they went the HGSS route and made, idk, the Winstrates plot essential, with plenty of cutscenes with them, culminating in you being prohibited from going to Evergrande until you follow them to fight Regigigas or whatever
>>
>>29662150
I liked it because it let me get both box legendaries.
>>
>>29662612

I just don't understand why they didn't take Emerald's improved teams and use them.

It's obvious ORAS isn't a 1:1 remakes becaus in Meteor Falls and Victory Road, trainers use national dex pokemon, but then they use slightly altered teams for the E4. The only exception is that Drake keeps his Kingdra

Like, what the fuck were they thinking? If you're gonna add national dex mons to the end game trainers, might as well give it to the E4 the first go around as well.
>>
>>29662778
Not an Emerald remake
>>
>>29662854

Not an excuse.
>>
>>29662876
Not an argument
>>
>>29662907

Your statement isn't an argument seeing as FRLG and HGSS took things from their respective third versions.

Hell, ORAS took Wallace's Champion team from Emerald. They took something from the games anyway, why not take more positives from it?
>>
>>29662778
>they update some teams to reflect the new Hoenn dex while staying true to the source games
>"wtf why didn't they use the teams from this other game"
>>
>>29662778
Because ORAS was a lazy, rushed remake, unfortunately.
>>
>>29662957
Tell me what FRLG took from Blue or Yellow
>>
>>29663002

If they wanted to "stay true:" then how comes Victory Road and Meteor Falls trainers use National Dex pokemon such as Mienshao and Sawk?
>>
>>29662854
HGSS used aspects of Crystal.
>>
>>29663031

Cerulean Cave layout from Blue.
>>
>>29662778
>>29662876
>>29662957
So you're suggesting they outright reuse teams from three gens ago instead of updating the ones from the actual original games?
>>
>>29663165

Obviously they'd have their movesets updated to reflect Gen , but it's pathetic that they used Tate&Liza's RS team instead of their Emerald.
>>
>>29663119
ORAS pulled more from Emerald than HGSS from Crystal. Although that's saying very little, considering what was exclusive to Crystal.
>>
>>29662150
as someone whose favorite game is Emerald say the stuff you said is understandable, Fug tower could have been better designed so the box legendary fight was more meaningful after the cutscene, Battle frontier was broken as shit and stopped being interesting real quickly, the lack of contests really pisses me off because i wanted to do contest runs in the past but couldn't, and two water type bosses so close to each other just feels awkward as hell
>>
>>29662612
Imagine what it could have been some some extra features
>day night cycle with certain kanto/johto mons only showing up on specific times of the day (they even fucking gave you the real time clock for fucks sake)
>pokemon following you
>more shit to do when diving, maybe scuba trainer class?
>>
There's nothing wrong with the approach taken to the story, the general approach itself was pretty good with keeping the RS plot but then working in the Emerald elements in an extended story. The issue is how Delta Episode itself was handled and the lack of gameplay aspects from Emerald.

Other than keeping the Frontier and Emerald's trainer teams, and generally trying to handle Zinnia's character and gambit differently throughout the game, I would've had it so you deal with Aqua in post-game for Omega Ruby and Magma in post-game for Alpha Sapphire, complete with having the Emerald Magma Base during the main story of OR and post-game in AS when normally you revisit the Aqua Base in Lilycove.
>>
>>29661903
Emerald: Better plot
ORAS: Better characters (besides Zinnia of course)
>>
>>29663263
You can't make statements like that and not talk about what you mean

>>29663119
>>29662957
The issue with HGSS vs ORAS is that a lot of the things in Crystal became series standard. Battle Facility, increased legendary plot, the major stuff had to come back.

Then again, ORAS didn't even have Gym Leader rematches while HGSS restored locations that weren't even in Crystal. I dunno man
>>
>>29662854
Not a good game either.
>>
>>29661903
Delta Episode > Emerald "plot". Emerald wasn't popular because of the story.
>>
>>29662150
I've never played Emerald, only RS. Were there extra routes to explore after the E4 or anything?
>>
>>29663792
Delta Emerald was a ripoff of Pokemon: BRT/RRT, except you go into space and fight ayylmao at the end of it. At least Emerald had you fight both teams.

Fighting Deoxys was pretty dank though.
>>
>>29663823
Nope. The Battle Frontier as an island had a lot to it but like the Resort it was 90% the facilities.

>>29663792
I think you put the quotations on the wrong thing. It was executed to the point where none of the episode left any impact on me outside flying into space. I suppose flying into space>emerald plot, but that's about it
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.