[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me see if I get it: Alolan Variations were just replacement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Gen VII-1.png (245KB, 2048x766px) Image search: [Google]
Gen VII-1.png
245KB, 2048x766px
Let me see if I get it: Alolan Variations were just replacement of already exsisting Pokémon and to get the original Pokémon you MUST send it from Gen VI or VC Gen I, at the cost of being banned from Rating Battles due to no matter if you breed for one they become Alolan Variations.

So, can we say goodbye to Ground-type Sandslash, Fire-type and Drought Ninetales, and Normal-type Persian on Rating Battles? (They aren't used anyways besides Drought Ninetales)
>>
File: 167.png (16KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
167.png
16KB, 256x256px
I'm pretty sure you can still breed them since they're in the regional pokedex too, it wouldn't make sense if you couldn't.
>>
>>29654708
>if you breed for one they become Alolan Variations
You're an idiot.
>>
>>29655086
Some Alolan Variations like Alolan Raichu, Alolan Exeggutor, and Alolan Marowak are Evolution only.
>>
>>29655260
No. Alolan Exeggutor still evolves from a Leaf Stone as seen in a trailer. Presumably, those 3 function like Wurmple now only it's predetermined by its mother rather than being 50/50.
>>
>>29655260
And?

Alolan Pikachu =/= Pikachu from other regions even though they look exactly the same.
>>
>>29654708
I'm betting there will be a special spot somewhere in Alola where they can hatch/evolve into their non-Alola forms.
>>
>>29655434
Do Americans have special breeding spots where their babies don't become Native American?
>>
>>29654708
I assume there'll be some kind of "heritage" value or something like that, basically it would determine if the Pokemon originated in SM or has a mother from SM, and if so then it'll evolve into/breed Alola variants, but if it's got the non-Alolan value or was bred from a non-Alolan parent, it would evolve/breed the familiar variant. It really wouldn't make sense for a standard Ninetales to produce Ice-type offspring just because it's in Alola.
>>
>>29655460
almost made me post a racist joke anon, shame one you

captcha: Mexico 250m
>>
>>29654708
Alolan forms are the result of adaptation to Alola's climate over many generations. It wouldn't make sense for you to breed the regular forms and have the offspring instantly become Alolan forms just because they hatched in Alola. Every other Pokémon with alternate forms aside from Rotom passes down the form when breeding, so I don't see why Alolan forms would be any different.

In regards to Pikachu, Exeggcute, and Cubone, I imagine they'll handle it the same way as Pokémon that gain or lose hidden abilities when they evolve, like the Weedle line. If you evolve a HA Weedle you get a Kakuna with its regular ability, but it can still evolve into HA Beedrill and be bred to get more HA Weedle. This will be the same thing but with forms. Cubone caught in SM will always evolve into Alolan Marowak, Cubone transferred from other games will always evolve into regular Marowak, and Cubone bred in SM will evolve into whatever form their parent would have evolved into. Essentially these Pokémon will be coded to have an Alolan form that's identical to their regular form the same way Kakuna's HA is the same as its regular ability. You won't know what "form" it has until you evolve it, unless you bred it yourself.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.