[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you get into Pokémon, anon. >be 11 >think Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1475850324149.gif (7KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475850324149.gif
7KB, 320x240px
How did you get into Pokémon, anon.
>be 11
>think Pokémon is a gay shit for dumb nerds just like anime in general
>don't even see the appeal to it
>cousin who lived far away lent his Pokémon games to my brother
>one day my brother decides to get a Pokémon game
>brother tries to convince me to get one because we can trade and shit
>tell him Pokémon is for nerds
>walk in the store with dad and brother picks FireRed because red was his favorite color
>think how unfair it is that my brother's getting a new game and I don't
>pick Emerald because green was my favorite color
>game was meh
>>
File: 1465237817991.jpg (7KB, 123x121px) Image search: [Google]
1465237817991.jpg
7KB, 123x121px
>>29646737
>EMERALD
>HOENNBABY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>8 years old
>sad little loli, very badly bullied at school, hard to concentrate on assignments, dad beats me for failing grades
>do have friends outside of school, who live on my block
>generally don't like what the other kids in my class like because they're mean and I don't want to be reminded of them outside of school
>neighbor boy "but anon, Pokemon is different. it's so fun. you really should come play the cards with the rest of us"
>finally give in one day and play with them
>we don't actually know the TCG rules, they've made some shit up, but wow, it IS fun
>they show me the games and anime too
>i get a GBC and Red Version soon after
>i bring it to school to play alone at lunch
>to my surprise "w-wait, anon, you like Pokemon?"
>some of the boys stop being shits and battle/trade with me
>they are impressed with my ability to name all 151 in numerical order
>never hit, shove, or call me names again, we friends now

Sadly the situation didn't improve with the girls in the class or at home, but I was glad to have my life be a little less shit those last 2 years in elementary school. I'll always be grateful.
>>
>>29646737
>be 6
>pokemon is on everything. There are pokemon marshmallows in my cereal and pokemon sprinkles on my fucking poptarts
>everyone is into it so eh why not
>bulbasaur is p cute so I ask parents for pokemon game because give me that lettuce monster damnit
>only prior knowledge of video games is tripping through Link's Awakening on father's gameboy when he wasn't home and beating bosses by sheer accident
>turn 7
>very own pokemon game and gameboy for birthday
>it's fucking yellow
>where is my fucking bulbasaur
>play game and get lost in viridian forest for two months
>the exit looks like a fucking wall on circa 90's original pos black and white gameboy
>I was 7
>it was a. Fucking. Wall.
>>
I started watching the anime when I was like 3. Also had a shit ton of Pokemon pogs. First game was Crystal, which I got a few years after moving to the US.
>>
>>29646981
fucking faggot
>>
I think I was 8 or 9 when I got red. It was the 2nd handheld game I ever played as that weird 7-UP Dot game was my first. My mom got me the guide books, cards, eventually the pokedex and such.
>didn't know how to save so just turned the game off and started over.
>After playing it for a while my older cousin who was around 13 or so asked if she could play it. I let her and she saved over my file. Had to start over.
>Mom got into the card game way more than I did. I remeber going to burger king so she could get those gold cards. The first movie came out and at the theatre they gave away some gold mew. Didn't get one though.
>BUT there was a contest at toys r us that was giving a mew in the game. Mom got me up early when they opened so we could get it. Ended up winning one.

Pokemon was a bonding experience for me and mom. She only plays Go but she gets triggered when her girlfriend mis-pronounces pokemon names.
>>
>>29647309
This is sweet. Reminded me of watching the anime before school with my Mum. Good times.
>>
File: Snubbull Munch.gif (353KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Snubbull Munch.gif
353KB, 500x375px
>be 7
>hear about this game coming out soon called "Pokémon" from my friends at school
>ask my mom to buy it for me when it comes out
>she does

Blue version within a week of its NA release.
>>
>Be 6-7 years old
>Best friend is a year younger than me, we swap games with each other after we beat them
>His older brother is 7+ years older than me, lends me games sometimes too, cool af dude
>His older brother gets crystal, lets best friend play his Gold version
>Best friend is fucking awful at reading and reading comprehension
>"Anon I am stuck, do you want to try this game? I bet you could beat it!"
>pick up where best friend left off, grind cyndaquil up to Typhlosion outside first gym because no fucking idea what I'm doing or where to go
>Get bored, restart game, pick Totodile and actually read the dialogue
>Steam roll entire game with Brotodile
>Best friend and older brother forget they loaned me the game
>Still have it laying around somewhere
>>
>be about 7
>Grandma picks up a Gameboy Color and a few games at a garage sale to try out video games, ends up just giving them to me
>Try first two games, TinyToons and some Tony Hawk game, not really interesting
>Last game was Pokemon Gold, was instantly hooked
>Cousin and I pass game back and forth
>get stuck on Ecruteak Gym not realizing there's a walkway
>Restart the game, cousin gets pissed and stops playing
>Have the game to myself
>Go to flea market and see theres a bunch of games
>Buy them all throughout various trips
>"Wow, this Blue is completely different than Gold! They're all completely different games!"
>"O-ok Yellow is kind of like Blue"
>"Oh, Red and Silver aren't different"
>"Who cares"
>>
File: 1450005111496.png (508KB, 453x725px) Image search: [Google]
1450005111496.png
508KB, 453x725px
>>29647255
don't bully the loli
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.