[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, will SM get a third version or is Marshadow another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 874.png (115KB, 400x428px)
874.png
115KB, 400x428px
So, will SM get a third version or is Marshadow another Mythical Legenday?
>>
Mythical indicated by the Chinese leak and it's position in the dex.
>>
>>29640897
Did X and Y get a third version?

Pretty simple answer.
>>
Third Versions are dead.

Pokemon Solar Ecliipse and Lunar Eclipse coming in spring 2018!
>>
>>29640973
tbqh I'd be ecstatic if they were just straight up sequels in the vein of B2W2.

>>29640928
This honestly doesn't count for much. But considering how staggered the third versions have been getting (Emerald and Platinum both came out 2+ years after their respective duos, vs ~1 year for Yellow and Crystal) I think they were honestly planning on a Z/Delta Emerald initially but got sidetracked and eventually shifted production to Sun and Moon after 3 years. There are currently too many loose ends in both XY and ORAS to say they never planned on a third version.
>>
>>29641042
Yeah, I would prefer if this played out like Gen 5 and they let Gen 8 hold the remake cancer
>>
SM are the only gen 7 games. They're moving to the Switch with gen 8 in 2018.
>>
>>29641120
They literally won't. If Nintendo couldn't force GF to support 3DS in 2012, they can't force GF to support NS in 2018. GF always looks for as big an install base as possible to milk its cash cow. Nintendo has stated it plans to supply only 2 million NS units to retail through 2017 (though it will obviously hope to ramp that up exponentially in 2018, it'll be at no more than 5-10 million best case scenario by early 2018). GF will look at the established userbase of 60 million 3DS owners and go where the money is as they always have.

Games released on outdated platforms by Gamefreak:
Crystal version released on GBC rather than the new GBA in July 2001.
Emerald released in May 2005 (DS came out November 2004)
BW came out the same month as the 3DS in March 2011.
B2W2 were released more than a year later on DS in October 2012, even as the 3DS suffered flagging sales and Nintendo was DESPERATE for a hit.

Clearly Nintendo and Gamefreak do not coordinate as well as you would assume. I think it is very likely gen 7 will last until at least 2018 and will be confined to the 3DS.
>>
post yfw the next game is a third version taking the open ended story elements from all three of XY, ORAS and SM with a story never seen before in a Pokemon game with Zygarde as the box legendary
>>
>>29641120
I thought this was the last gen
>>
>>29640897
maybe it will get a new form in another game.

btw, GF does not care for pattern in the pokedex, the last entry does not need to be reseraved for pokemon without new formes.
>>
>>29641400
Crystal and Emerald were essentially glorified romhacks, it would make no sense to release them on a different console.

BW started development long before the 3DS was announced, so there was no way they were going to shift development from the DS to the 3DS.

BW2 had a few circumstances that lead to it being released on the DS. The first was Game Freak came up with a mechanic for BW that they couldn't fit into the game (presumably they were talking about Kyurem fusion), so this was one of the main reasons why they decided to make a third game/sequels. Since BW2 would be set in the same location as BW, they insisted that it was developed for the same console (and it would also mean they don't have to bother porting their engine).

So the only way that we'll get more gen 7 games on the 3DS is if they either make a third version or a sequel. Seeing as this is the 20th anniversary release, they'll probably aim to make this one as complete as possible (i.e. no additional mechanics or storylines that they can expand on in another game) so I don't see them releasing more gen 7 games.

It's also worth noting that all previous handhelds had backwards compatibility with each other, so owners of the new consoles could still play the new Pokemon games. The Switch doesn't look like it will be backwards-compatible with the 3DS (seeing as it only has one screen).
>>
>>29641463
>the major selling point of the game is that you can have Perfect Zygarde permanently, but also Mega Evolve it
>>
>>29642519
>this Mega Evolution has a Primal Reversion
>which has an Unbound Forme
>which can be fused with Xerneas and Yveltal
>this fusion can be combined with the new Original Kyurem and Creator Arceus Formes
>this new Forme can evolve
>the evolution has an evolution
>this evolution has alternate Attack, Defense, and Speed Formes
>they all have a new variant of Power Construct
>>
>>29640897
We get a Z episode this gen, maybe we'll get the Star episode in D/P remakes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.