[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's no legitimate reason against Pokémon jumping two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: ratedT.png (12KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
ratedT.png
12KB, 215x300px
There's no legitimate reason against Pokémon jumping two ratings. So why haven't they?
>>
Play romhacks.

You get all the edge you can possibly handle.
>>
You wouldn't be able to play.
>>
>>29631991
>>29632006
>>29632013

>1991
>2006
>2013

Fukken' Checked
>>
>>29631991
>There's no legitimate reason against a franchise that has been marketed more or less entirely to children for the past two decades suddenly pitching its content to an older audience

"Pokémon is for kids" is an established fact in the minds of the majority. If Pokémon suddenly contains content that isn't for kids, they won't respond by saying "Oh, it's not for kids any more." They'll riot about how Nintento/TPCi/Game Freak is trying to sell these horrible things to CHILDREN.

At least some children would no longer be allowed to get the games. Teens would still avoid it because "Pokémon is for kids." And some of the adult market would probably drop it because it "got edgy."

That kind of move, flying against entrenched expectations and stereotypes for no reason, would be a marketing disaster. So, there's your legitimate reason.

Now, to come back at you:

>There's no legitimate reason in favor of Pokémon jumping two ratings. So why would they?
>>
>>29632113
He imagines his middle school buddies would finally stop teasing him about it if it jumped up some ratings.
>>
>>29632113
Well, obviously it wouldn't be a MAIN SERIES game. I'm sure OP was thinking some spinoff or whatever without Pokémon directly in the title but still a Pokémon game.
>>
Pokémon is a kids' game, flat out. Even stuff like the villains being literal Nazis (Team Flare) won't change that, because it's so minor.
>>
>>29632242
the closest we got is colosseum and gale of darkness
>>
>>29632257
Colosseum was great. It was slightly edgy, but not to the point where it feels out of place for Pokemon.
Orre is like the legitimate ghetto of the Pokemon world. Which makes it so much more interesting than all the first world islands.
>>
Is this a "I'm not comfortable with the idea of still liking something from my childhood, but I don't have the maturity to let it go either, so it should pander to me by growing up like I did" thread?
>>
When will you autists realize that Pokemon is a kid's game.

Yes we adults too enjoy it but it is tailored for children.
>>
>>29631991
>There's no legitimate reason
except billions of dollars in revenue you manchild
>>
>OP's dream is already a reality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ666tnXehU
>>
File: tumblr_nfesu9EIdn1scncwdo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfesu9EIdn1scncwdo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
I think they should make spinoof games for more mature audience.

Maybe they should cooperate with CDproject red, because fuck kids, fuck teenagers, lets make pokemon badass game for adults.
>>
This is the most manchild thread I've seen on here, holy shit start acting like adults autists.
>>
Why does it matter if a game is for kids?

You can't enjoy a game without blood and gore? i think you have some mental issue,go see a doctor
>>
File: pokemon golurk.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon golurk.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>29631991
It's the same thing that movies
T means for teens which aren't kid and people will think twice before buying them as christmas gifts for the little childs while E is for everyone and you can get it for little kids without having to worry about anything, which mean it will sell more and get more $$$
>>
>>29632037
Kys newfag
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.