[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE THINK GEN VI IS "BRAINDEAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1477676869791.png (169KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477676869791.png
169KB, 600x900px
>I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE THINK GEN VI IS "BRAINDEAD EASY", POKEMON HAS ALWAYS BEEN EASY!
t. people who austically grind their pokemon or defeat every wild encounter they come across

>S-SO YOU CAN STILL WIN EVEN IF YOU DON'T GRIND!
Defeating a battle without having lost doesn't make the game braindead easy. If you had to switch your pokemon because one was about to die, if you had to use more than one move, if your team barely gets by or even if your team is below half hp, that is still a much better experience than going in with one pokemon and sweeping the opponents team with 1 attack. This is what "braindead easy" means.

No, I am not arguing about Gen VI's difficulty. I am arguing over the mentality that past pokemon games have always been "braindead easy".

Easy=/=braindead easy. Correct this mentality of yours, autismos.
>>
>>29628083
Is wiping every trainer in Gen I "autistic"? Limited experience and all.
>>
>>29628083
>defeat every wild encounter they come across
Honey child.....
That shouldn't make you over leveled.
Only babies run from fights they can easily win.
You're supposed to defeat everything you come across and trying to say that that is the same as grinding.....
Maybe you shouldn't play RPGs anymore.....
>>
I agree. I want the games to at least pretend to have difficulty to them, even if it's not. Gen VI did not even try to pose a challenge and let you walk all over it.
>>
>>29628112
>.....
>.....
>.....

Maybe you shouldn't post anymore, underage.
>>
>>29628083
But literally all the games are "go in with one Pokemon and sweep everything"
That's how they've always been designed. You only ever struggled because you were a little kid that didn't know any better, not because the games were ever harder.
>>
Every single pokemon game is brain dead easy.
>>
>>29628083
That's alright OP, let me remind you that /vp/ is a board that thinks Gen 4 is easy because they don't understand the standard definition of difficulty whatsoever.
>>
>>29628083
OP is a fag
>>
File: 1466469045218.png (809KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466469045218.png
809KB, 1280x720px
>>29628170
Now you're just straight up bullshitting. This is sad. Go replay any pre-Gen VI game. Hell, even play Gen VI with the exp share turned off. It doesn't turn into a 1hit k.o fest unless you're both overleveled *and* always hitting weakness.

Go watch a fucking playthrough on youtube if you're lazy. It's never worked that way.
>>
>>29628083
Pokémon games are designed to be drop dead easy. Though I'll give Gen 1. It's still pretty hard today. But every since S/G/C especially if you know the in's and out's of the Pokémon game formula, than the games are pretty easy and you know what to expect from literally every NPC.

The only remotely difficult thing about the games (even though these have been made easier too) are things EV trainging, shiny hunting, catching legendaries, finding certain mons, etc. And the only thing that makes it hard is just the fact that most of these just take a lot if time to accomplish.
>>
>>29628286

>>29628237
>>
>>29628237
Play any pokemon game with a team of less than 6 that you don't swap members out often. You will be one hit KOing just about everything so long as you don't have 4 attacks of the same type or something
>>
>>29628083
It literally has always been easy. I thought it was difficult when i was a kid but replaying Blue i defeated the pokemon league with only 4 pokemon all atleast 10 levels underleveled. Only Lorelei game me a 'challange' by your definition, everyone else I stomped.

Please tell which game was hard so I can laugh at you finding a childs game difficult.
>>
File: 1471711948140.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1471711948140.png
190KB, 540x482px
Sometimes I wonder why people still ask for hard games since:
1.they never were hard
2.they are mostly targeted towards kids

It's a reality everyone should accept, they are never gonna make a hard main pokemon game, ever. Might as well just wait for hard mode hacks.
>>
>>29628286
> gen 1 is hard
> thinking artificial difficulty is real difficulty

Found the retard
>>
>>29628310
Not true early on. I literally started another X playthrough yesterday and got up to Cyllage city with just fenniken and it hasn't turned into a 1 hit k.o fest yet.

Granted, the average player doesn't play with just 1 pokemon though and you're pretty much expected to expand your team past the 1st or 2nd badge.

>>29628337
>>29628349
And the point of the OP just completely flew over your heads. I'm not arguing whether pokemon as a franchise is easy. I'm saying it has never been easy to the point where it's just a 1 hit k.o fest, the only exception is if you austically grind your pokemon to a high enough level, play with the Gen VI exp share on, or like another anon pointed out, play with just 1 pokemon which would only apply midgame where your pokemon would get overleveled from soaking up exp that was meant for multiple other pokemon.
>>
>>29628083
>Not grinding
>In a JRPG
It's s turned based RPG made my nip nongs, of course you're going to fucking grind. You're at least going to want to be within 10 levels of whatever opponent you're going to face and even then if you're not a fucking retard it should be simple enough.
If you can't beat the Kanto elite four with a team of level 50s, regardless of whether it's RBY or FRLG you should consider just dropping pre=Gen VI Pokemon entirely.
>>
>>29628170
Wrong, I was replaying red and its hard if you dont plan your team.
>>
>>29628349
They were never hard
But they are getting easier
And why is it so difficult to implement a hard mode?
>>
>>29628663
>It's s turned based RPG made my nip nongs, of course you're going to fucking grind.
Get better JRPG tastes, anon.
The good ones you don't need to grind in. Just defeating everything you come across is enough to put you in the right level range for the good ones.

And barring constant team replacement (as you would need to grind the new lv6 mon up to the lv30 everyone else is), Pokemon has done a good job of that....
At least before Gen6. The ExpShare in those made you over leveled in those by a good 20~30 depending on how often you swapped out mons.
>>
Just reached E4 on Y, killing everything with a level 80 marowak and some bird. Other Pokémon refuse to catch up in level
>>
>>29628083
Thanks for proving that Decidueye has the dumbest fanbase
>>
>>29628083
>mfw everyone is still arguing about the difficulty of pokemon
Come on people,pokemon will always be easy because it is designed for KIDS.If you want challenge then that's the reason why online exists.Online is literally designed if you want to challenge yourself because you actually have to use your wits to win whereas in the main story,you just have to press a and do a little switch to win.
>I want le hard mode for main game xD
Get homebrew and play the hacks you fucking idiot.
>I don't want to lol
kys
>>
>>29628157
>triggered by dots
>about to accuse me as the anon you talk to
.................................................................................................................................Maybe you shouldn't post anymore, autist
>>
>>29628286
>gen 1 is still pretty hard today

I played through Red again recently on VC, and I'm calling your bullshit. I completed the game with an average team level below 45. I used less than 5 revives during the E4 and did not save between fights. Afterwards, I proceeded to make my way through Cerulean Cave to capture Mewtwo.

You're fucking garbage. Get good.
>>
>>29628435
If you just raise your starter, the games are the easiest games in existence.
>>
>everyone missing the point
Holy FUCK

>>29628973
I don't think I used a single Revive in my entire X playthrough. You had to use multiple during the Elite 4 in RBY. How does this not prove something?
>>
>>29629662
It proves you grew up, retard
>>
>>29629662
Your point is that in GEN VI you just press A. In older Gens you just pressed A and rarely used revives/potions.

They're both extremely easy. Using a potion isn't exactly complexity worth noting.
>>
>>29628083
It's a pointless argument. The people who defend XY and SM's difficulty will defend literally anything GF will ever do. Whether SM is 100x harder and more technical than every previous game, or if the main story mode is literally just one big cutscene with quick time events, they will find a way to defend it. They are comparable to christians defending their faith.
>>
>>29629662
Congratulations, you've proven that one is harder by a negligible amount. Both still remain extremely easy.
>>
>>29628237
I played ORAS and XY with the exp share off the entire time and I was extremely underleveled somehow, which normally doesn't happen with me on Pokemon. Am I doing something wrong or is vp going out of their way to be over leveled (or just want to find something to complain about as usual)
>>
>>29630148
I think you already know the answer to that.
>>
>>29628083
But the games have always been braindead easy. Seriously if you have struggled at any time with any main series Pokémon game than you are certainly somewhere on the autistic spectrum. They have never been hard, they never will be hard and there is no excuse for anyone on this board to struggle with a game that is aimed at 5 year olds. Git Gud.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.