[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be a kid >think i'm very clever >put my pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 52

File: 1477921504254s.jpg (6KB, 226x249px) Image search: [Google]
1477921504254s.jpg
6KB, 226x249px
>be a kid
>think i'm very clever
>put my pokemon in the daycare
>leave my game on all night thinking that levels were gained according to time played
>"your pokemon has grown 0 levels"

What dumb shit did you do as a kid, guys?
>>
Caught a bronzong with my masterball because I thought it was super rare
>>
>>29623385
>daycare
>ever
>not literally just binder-clipping your DS/GBA/GBC
You got yourself into this Anon
>>
I did this same exact thing with Leaf Green
>>
Put a Latios and Latias in the daycare so they can FUCK
>>
>>29623385
kek.
>>
>decided to start playing pokemon
i was a special child
>>
>kept using the pokemon center over and over cause I was convinced it made my pokemon stronger
>>
File: 1476640644745.jpg (75KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
1476640644745.jpg
75KB, 547x692px
>>29623429
>bronzong
>as a kid
>>
>>29623385
Thought I had to catch every Pokemon before taking on the Elite 4 back in Blue

Yeah it didn't happen
>>
>>29623499
Sinnoh came out ten years ago. He could've been 8-12 at the time and be considered a kid without being underageb&
>>
>>29623499
DP came out September 28th, 2006. Over 10 years ago.
>>
>>29623499
nigga, DP was almost 10 years ago, I played it when I was in 4th grade and I'm almost 20
>>
>>29623385
That's not that dumb, digimon games handle it similarly to that.
>>
>>29623499
DP was 10 years ago.
You could have been fucking 8 when it released and still be old enough to be here.
>>
When DiaPer was out i was 11 and istarted to fap to masculine pokemon,all the time,my worst mistake now i'm adicted to bara thanks to this.
>>
>>29623572
>DiaPer
Do you also fap to that shit too
>>
>>29623499
Jesus Christ, time goes by so fast. For some people Diamond/Pearl was their "Gen. 1." When Diamond/Pearl came out I was in middle school and actually had friends. I remember when I got off the bus and my friends started telling me about the new Eevee evolutions.
>>
>>29623499
would've been 10 at the time so yea
>>
File: 1477273134966.jpg (26KB, 260x322px) Image search: [Google]
1477273134966.jpg
26KB, 260x322px
D/P came out my freshman year of high school

Christ where does time go?
>>
>>29623585
Nope.

I just realized how hot masculine males where at the age of 11,and i completely lost the interest in girls.

I had really weird fantasies like begin eaten or crushed by baras,and i cummed in all of those,it's really cringey i know.
>>
>Released my starter by accident
>Left a level 10-15 Spinarak in the daycare until it was level 72
>Used masterball on a ditto
>>
>>29623662
I'm straight and somethimes i have fantasies with masculine men,it's mostly feeding trough i love feedig a handosme daddy until he burst out his shirt,but i don't find them sexually attractibe.
>>
>>29623674
>Released my starter by accident
I wasn't a kid, but I got into Pokemon later in life, after HGSS came out. So I knew vaguely about the Pokemon following feature. So in White version, I hit release on my Snivy because I thought it would follow me like HGSS...
>>
>>29623555
We're you held back?
>>
>>29623499
I was 13 when DP came out. I'd consider that a kid.
>>
My younger sister wanted to play once, so I let walk around tall grass in fire red. Of course I saved beforehand, thinking she would do something stupid.
I came back half an hour later to see she released my charizard and spent all my money on 50 hyper potions AND she saved the game.
>>
>>29623649
holy fuck me too anon
>>
>>29623385
Funny story here
> be me
>playing emerald.
> I'm by Watson
> my brother released my starter combusken by accident
>oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck.jpg
> i know I'll just search where it is on the pokedex. I'll catch it again like in the anime.
> I run as fast as possible to the nearest patches of grass looking for it.
>it must've run past the rock where you use rock smash. I'll near Watson and then go find it gotta do this shit quick before it runs away even further.
> I release my second mon to go look for my starter
I was in 3rd grade so yea I didn't know any better
>>
>>29623385
I used a Rare Candy on a Wurmple, about 13 EXP points away from leveling up mind you, because I thought that the experience would carry over.
>>
>>29623385
I remember misunderstanding my friend's explanation of Pokerus when i got it in Sapphire and assumed it caused your pokemon to level up spontaneously
>>
>>29623800
I have a December birthday which resulted in me starting late or some shit like that.
>>
>>29623903
It honestly should do that.
>>
>>29623936
I was confused because were the same age. I mean there's also nothing wrong with being held back you know I wasn't trying to be a dick
>>
>>29623385
lose to Whitney
>>
Traded a pikachu back and forth 10 times with my friend's gameboy and then tried to use either a fire or water stone on it because some magazine said it had a secret evolution.

I found the magazine over the summer at a different friends house. It wasn't until years later that I realized the issue was from April of that year. It was their annual April Fool's bullshit.
>>
I used to think that all the NPCs were other players around the world and I was just really good.
>>
>picked torchic as my starter
>accidently said I wanted to nickname it
>nicknamed it torchic thinking it's the same as not nicknaming it
>beat the game with a blaziken named torchic
>>
>>29623649
Same
>tfw playing pokemon pearl with the cute chick who had a crush on me got me head
I'll always remember that gen and wynaut fondly.
>>
Playing pokemon yellow around 5th grade i traded a pokemon to a friend and had him send it back and thought it would get boosted exp and was disappointed to find out that didn't work
>>
>>29623555
>14 years old
>almost 20
>american """""education""""""""
>>
I had done everything possible in Blue, and one day at the market I saw this bottleg Green version and bought it. It had the japanese names and was terribly translated. I actually tought it was a sequel until midgame.

I also bought the fucking stupid Pokemon Jade shit game where you called pokemon by cellphone.
>>
>>29624566
4th grade is 10 years old though
>>
File: well_shit.png (456KB, 574x532px) Image search: [Google]
well_shit.png
456KB, 574x532px
>>29623385
> be 8
> playing crystal version
> first pokemon game
> never look at move discriptions
> brother tells me the first attacks you get are the strongest
> don't teach my pokemon stronger attacks really
> think surf from feraligatr did more than scratch just because it was water
> mfw looking back at beating Claire with fucking scratch
>>
File: 1477718132018.png (298KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
1477718132018.png
298KB, 418x394px
>playing gold
>johtoddler, first pokemon game
>use master ball on non-shiny wobbuffet because I thought it was super rare

Best part was I'm pretty sure I slogged through catching at least one of the box legendaries in a normal ball before this, and didn't think to use the master ball on one of the roaming legendaries. I still don't remember why I did this, just the disappointment I felt afterwards.
>>
>>29624731
>Playing blue version at like 4 years old
>Dont fucking know how to read anything
>"Charmander is trying to learn X but he already knows 4 moves. Forget a move to learn X?"
>"No."
>"Stop trying to learn X?"
>"No."
>"Chamander is trying to learn x..."

I did that over and over like 10 times until I decided to try the other option.
>>
>>29624771
Well, I feel slightly better now. Other than my post, I did not do anything too retarded. I did burn through TMs like a mofo though.
>>
>used Metal Claw instead of Steel Wing because it sounded cooler
>ran Hidden Power Psychic on Scizor and Thunder/Blizzard Raticate because I thought being super effective was the only thing that mattered
>>
ITT: babies

I was in college in 2006. Who else here is at least 30?

Contribution:

>Blue version
>My Charizard's moveset
>Fire Blast
>Flamethrower
>Fire Spin
>Ember
>"Why do you have so many Fire moves?"
>"In case I run out of PP"
>>
>>29623649
same here anon. it's crazy how much time has passed. we might be getting remakes of these games in the next few years.

....i think i'm gonna do something meaningful tomorrow.
>>
File: northern route 10.png (13KB, 320x528px) Image search: [Google]
northern route 10.png
13KB, 320x528px
>>29623385

I was very much the kind of kid who would get really stupid things stuck in his head and believe them even if I made them up myself, because it's something that would make sense to me.

In Red version, I used to go to the Northern part of Route 10 and use cut on the grass till it was just one square. I believed it would increase the encounter rate for the area because all the wild Pokemon would be trapped in a single square of tall grass. And then I'ld go in and proceed to run into Voltorb over and over again and use Sword Dance before killing them with my Kabutops. I used to think that Sword Dance stacked outside of individual battles, so in doing so I was buffing the shit out of my Pokemon for later use.
>>
>>29624907

>babies

Jokes on you, faggot. 20 master age here, going to live at least 10 years longer than you will to see Generation 20+
>>
>"you can only use tms once before they go away!"
>never teach anything rock tomb because after you use the move in battle once it'll disappear from your moveset

>challenge battle tower with my sweet-ass raichu
>moveset: thunder, thunderbolt, shock wave, toxic
>>
>>29624947
Is there some place you want to tell us to avoid going tomorrow, because some of us are okay? You know, before you do this "meaningful" thing tomorrow?
>>
>"in Yellow, your Pikachu will evolve if you piss it off enough then give it a Thunderstone"
>kill my Pikachu a million times
>hates me
>shove Thunderstone in its face
>nothing
>believed it was true still until I got the 3DS eshop version of the game

What drove kidlets to lie so much back in the Gameboy days...?
>>
>>29624984
In Fire Red I gave my Raichou Rain Dance, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Shock Wave. I needed a PP restoring berry/medicine to use it against the Elite 4 and win.
>>
File: 1464751220403.jpg (26KB, 387x509px) Image search: [Google]
1464751220403.jpg
26KB, 387x509px
>>29623385
>Be 7
>Play my first Pokemon game, Gold
>Gyarados is my favorite Pokemon ever
>Catch the Red Gyarados
>Train it up to something like level 70
>Go to put something in the daycare
>Accidentally put the Gyarados in there too
>Delete file, start a new game

I thought the cost of taking a Pokemon out of the daycare was based on its total level, and that I didn't have enough money to get it back. I don't even remember how much money I had, but in hindsight I am positive it would have been enough to get it back even if my image of the daycare was true. I also don't remember why I didn't grind against trainers for money.

As long as people keep making "the daycare is holding your Pokemon hostage" jokes, I will never escape this. I just wanted Gyarados back.
>>
File: 14778991007110.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
14778991007110.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
>>29623385
Here is when my autism was shinking
>be in school
>overthink game mechanics
>think its super deep and advenced
>think that some pokemon dont like others or scared of them just like in anime
>afraid to put Ghosts or "angry" looking pokemon in my team
>because they might scare others and they will not be fighting very good
I shit you not.
I never put Grimer/Muk in my team - i thought everybody is afraid of them and their smell will make other mons loose. I was putting Muk only with Gengar and other mons like that.

Actually it's a fun mechanics if you think of it. Kind of reminds me Heroes of Might and Magic 3 where Angels and Demons would loose some "moral points" if you put them in the same team because they hate each other.
>>
>>29625108
I was scared to use a tentacool/cruel on my team after stumbling on some hentai when I was a kid. thought it'd to awful things to my trainer when I turned the game off
>>
>>29623385
pressing b trying to get crits. Derp
Now I know you should press a
>>
>>29624771
I did the same, but I made the mistake of teaching one of my best pokemon cut. I also got stuck in Cinnabar Mansion. Blue was on a good time for me
>>
>>29625494
>Blue was on a good time for me

I meant "not". Even now I am a fuck up
>>
>pokemon red
>young kid
>find first pokecenter with a jigglypuff or clefairy in it
>go to menu
>pokeball
>toss
>throw all of them
>decide the game is bullshit and impossible since I threw all my pokeballs at it and it didn't even trigger an event

My mom told me I could be wrong a day later
>>
>Pokemon Blue
> Little kid so didn't know what Hms did
>Always get stuck after beating Misty
>Kept playing until I got a level 87 Blastoise
>>
When I was a kid playing blue and I was trying to catch a pokemon I would run away when it popped out and said "it appeared to be caught" thinking that it was actually an already-caught pokemon that I wouldn't be able to catch
>>
>>29623385
>>29625523
>>29625523
Fucking normies
>>
File: 1460102320153.gif (2MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1460102320153.gif
2MB, 320x213px
There are other that used only their starters....right? I did all the way up until platinum.
>>
File: 1454686465118.jpg (209KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1454686465118.jpg
209KB, 1462x1462px
>>29624187
>try doing this
>realize some time later that you misspelled the name
>>
File: 20161027_084012.png (390KB, 1280x649px) Image search: [Google]
20161027_084012.png
390KB, 1280x649px
>playing gold for first time
>silver runs by me after stealing poke
>officer asks me guys name
>ofuckitsacop
>restart game to see his name because i dont want to be a criminal
>its "???"
>tell the cop his name is ???
>play game with the most mysterious rival always waiting for game to reveal his name
Jeez the autisim
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>playing blue
>encounter articuno
>didn't save since I thought nothing of it
>older cousin walks by and tells me there's only one in the game
>>
>>29624081
Kekle
>>
File: 1370086915595.png (284KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1370086915595.png
284KB, 550x550px
>softresetting my totodile -> croconaw evolution to get a shiny
>>
>>29623465
So how long did it drag-on
>>
>be kid
>overlevelled Blastoise
>reach Pokemon Tower first time
>wild GHOST appeared
>no worries my Blastoise will KO this shit instantly
>can't attack
>PANIC
>got spooked
>had to ask my dad to finish the Lavender Tower segment for me

>play Gold
>reach Morty's gym
>keep getting sent back to the entrance
>no idea wtf is going on.jpg

good times
>>
File: 1474956561292.gif (1MB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
1474956561292.gif
1MB, 320x235px
>>29625168
KEK
This one takes the prize.
>>
>>29624907
I got ya beat...

>Red version
>My Charizard's moveset
>Fire Blast
>Flamethrower
>Fire Spin
>CUT!
>>
>>29625628
I did this even though I figured it was the opportunity to name my rival. I was a by-the rules kid.
>>
>>29623499
I'm sorry anon.
One of the defining moments of my childhood was playing Pokemon Diamond and sending crudely drawn dicks to my friends using pictochat during class.
>>
>>29623840
no offence but you should have literally killed her
>>
>8 years old
>Playing my first game, Ruby
>E4 is hard
>Keep losing
>Convinced they can only be beaten with a level 100 Pokemon
>Roam the region, exploring and battling trainers over and over
>Level 100 Swampert
>Beat E4
Its final moveset was Surf, Dive, Waterfall, and Rock Smash. I also beat master rank beauty contest with that set.
>>
For the longest time I didn't turn off my Gameboy when I played Pokemon because the saving text said "don't turn off when saving".
>>
>>29624566
>Europe wasting dubs
Shouldn't you be prepping your bull. The wife isn't gonna gangbang herself.
>>
>>29623385
>be a kid
>cousin told me that there's a backyard to bill's house similar to viridian forest where you can catch all the pokemon
>you need to have a full dex before you meet bill for the first time
>borrowed friend's n64 controller pack and red
>trade all the pokemon i needed to finish my dex
>150/150 after a week
>go to bill
>nothing.jpg
>"you didn't get mew under the truck"
>s.s.anne already left
>depress for days
>dreampt about it
>cousin finally told me that his friend that told him just made it up

Can't believe I lost sleep over that.
>>
>playing Ruby, first pokémon game
>pick Treecko
>for some reason really have trouble beating Wattson
>for some godforsaken reason, start leveling up a little Aron I caught
>many hours later end up with an Aggron before the third gym
>Wattson didn't stand a chance

I had at least the sense to kind of let Aggron become my hidden ace I only use when needeed so it wasn't actually that overleveled when I reached the Elite 5

I wasn't reallly aware of how trade evolution worked, so first I got a Machoke to lv99, then I searched online and though that Link Cable was some very rare item. Searching for it I accidentaly found Pacificdlog (somehow I had never managed to go there) and Sky Pillar, where I faced Rayquaza. It was a bitch to catch, I used the Masterball on Groudon or something
>>
>>29625849
I had an hour long discussion with a guy who works for a Gamestop about how evolution doesn't effect shiny Pokemon, because he swore up and down that it did as a fucking adult. I didn't even want to have the discussion, he started it and I couldn't pull out because he was so against the idea of my being right about how his friends shiny Pokemon stopped being shiny when it evolved or some stupid shit.
>>
>>29626361
>sending crudely drawn dicks to my friends using pictochat
i wasn't a kid when the DS came out but i still did this
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 415x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 415x700px
I never beat emerald as a kid. Got stuck on the boulder puzzle in the Kyogre cave

I only beat it recently in a nuzlocke, my third attempt at the game
Ironically it is both my first and favorite entry as well
>>
>Didn't know where to get rock smash in Sapphire
>Play it for months before getting the strategy guide and finding out somw guy gives it to you in a house
>>
>>29626472
Maybe it was a Psyduck or something. I had a shiny Psyduck once and when it evolved I learned that shiny Golduck is very nearly the same shade of fucking blue as regular Golduck.
>>
>>29624907
Got Blue right after it came out, I was 14ish, so 32 now.
My Charizard was pretty much the same way because some guy in-game said something like "Pokemon who have moves of their type are stronger!" which I didn't understand was because of poorly explained/translated STAB.

To be fair, it was also my first RPG.
>>
>playing gen 2 with friends
>tell them about the daycare and how they could level up their mons with minimal effort
>one of them puts his starter in the daycare
>next day he tries to take it out but it's not there and we couldn't find it anywhere
>the fat fuck accuses me of deleting his pokemon
>afraid that I might have actually fucked up I decide to make up a bullshit excuse and tell him that Silver will sometimes steal the mons you leave at the daycare
For a fleeting moment I had become "That Kid".
>>
File: 1453768904880.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453768904880.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
>>29623385
>gen 3 had just come out
>get one of those huge guidebooks from a friend
>read up on breeding
>something along the lines of "if you give a Pokemon a certain item while in the daycare, it can result in a different Pokemon"
>???
>give my Blaziken a Mystic Water to see if I could get water type Torchics
On one hand, it's silly looking back, on the other hand, that book wasn't clear in the very least.
>>
I used a masterball on an Absol. I was convinced it was a legend or something from its rarity I guess. Years later and Absol is still one of my favorites.
>>
>>29626582
Now I want to know where his starter went.
>>
>>29626557
It was a Teddiursa. I know, because he was very specific about it. He swore up and down that his friend had caught a shiny Teddiursa and showed it to him and then later on, when it evolved, he showed him the same Teddiursa and it wasn't shiny anymore and he told him that shiny Pokemon stop being shiny when they evolve. Both these motherfuckers were adults, I am not shitting you here. Me too. and I'm sitting there trying to tell this guy, because we're also kind of friends and I know the guy who he's talking about way better than I know him that the guy with the shiny is a fucking liar or he's just straight up wrong, and this motherfucker is swearing to me up and down that I don't know shit.
>>
>>29626794
>>29626557
I think he CLAIMED the same thing had happened with a Ponyta at one point, too. But the more I thought about it, the more I've become convinced that maybe he just doesn't know shit about shiny Pokemon.

Also, my girlfriend, for years claimed non shiny Pokemon could appear with the shiny twinkles and just be regular colored Pokemon who made shiny sparks and I had to tell her that's super untrue. She refused to believe me until she finally got fed up with the argument last god damn month and looked it up on google, and zero info came back about non shiny Pokemon with shiny twinkles.
>>
>>29623385
I thought the faster you mashed the A button, the more likely it was for a Pokemon to be caught in a Pokeball. I really wonder what made me think that, especially since other fans I know came up with similar things (like mashing b or holding a combination of buttons).
>>
>>29623429
I did this with a sneasel. Didn't realise that you were only given 1 masterball and didn't know that it was 100% catch rate, just that it was better than ultra
>>
I soft reset for a female umberon and espeon in Colosseum for like an hour when I was 11
>>
>>29626652
The fat fuck probably released it by accident and then forgot about.
>>
>>29625570
>not doing this in any game that's not gen5
>>
File: gettingold.gif (94KB, 220x119px) Image search: [Google]
gettingold.gif
94KB, 220x119px
>>29623649
D/P came out my senior year... of college.
>>
>Didn't realize the hole in the back of the cerulean house was a hole or a way out
>How the fuck do I leave this city
>I must need to cut down that tree?
>Friend tells me my Beedrill would learn cut from leveling up at some point
Bitch-ass motherfucker dicklord
>>
>>29623499
I'm 21 and played Gen 4 as a kid.
>>
>>29626923
where i was the idea was timing A and B with the left and right shakes of a pokeball, later it was swiping left and right really fast on the touch screen in DPP
>>
>>29624094
You thought you were playing go?
>>
>>29627289
>>29626923
>they didn't hold A when the ball opened, B when it closed and DOWN when it hit the ground
No wonder it didn't work.
>>
>>29623429
I did the exact same thing

And then accidentally killed Dialga because I didn't have a Master Ball
>>
>>29623674
>level 72 spinarak
haha holy fuck now that's what I call growth
>>
>>29623385
I quit playing Blue Version at Victory Road out of boredom
>>
>>29626434
>you didn't get mew under the truck
>before Bill
Man that's fucking rigged as hell
>>
I never played Pokemon as a child.

I do remember not understanding the card game tho. And I still don't.
>>
>>29627463
>doesn't understand the simplest TCG
>>
>>29623499
I'm 28 and played Diamond as a kid
>>
>>29627491
>it's 2016
>you were 18 in 2006
>kid
>>
>>29627512
It came out in 2006 in the Japanese version. Source: I imported it in senior year of high school, then played the English version at graduation in '07.

So, they were possibly 19.
>>
>>29627473
I was like 6
And admittedly slow
>>
>>29623518

This reminds me that I was really freaked out the first time I faced the Elite 4 in Red because I misinterpreted what the guy in the lobby says about starting over from the beginning as meaning the entire game.

I also used the Masterball on Moltres.

>>29624187

I actually did this too one time because I disliked how the game would use all caps for the names. Had never used the nickname function before.

>>29624907

I don't think my Charizard knew all fire moves, but I think what it did know was shitty. Fire Spin and Cut come to mind, probably Fire Blast too.
>>
I didn't had the luxury of having internet until 2006, so after FRLG released i trainer all the electric mons to 100 hoping they would learn Volt Tackle.
>>
>>29627548
I'm more concerned by you still not understanding it
>>
File: blitzle doesn't like it.png (146KB, 375x383px) Image search: [Google]
blitzle doesn't like it.png
146KB, 375x383px
>teaching HM moves to my team as I would only discover what an HM slave is many years later

>immediately using evolution stones on Pokemon and then wondering why they aren't learning any new moves
>>
>>29623385
>Playing DP as a kid
>used nothing but my empoleon
>hit level 100 before victory road
>used all my HMs on it
>gave all my rare candies to it
>my other pokemon were all like level 15
You're fucking lying if you say you didn't do this at least once.
>>
File: 385.jpg (21KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
385.jpg
21KB, 317x267px
>>29623898
>I release my second mon to go look for my starter

fucking lost it right there
>>
>>29624907
tbf that's not a bad strategy in game when you most have to do long run battling weak pokemon beetween restoring points.
I mean, you dont need the set up or the recovery in game
>>
File: hghg.png (302KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
hghg.png
302KB, 438x420px
>>29628049
>playing d/p as a kid
>>
File: 1477247263548.jpg (35KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1477247263548.jpg
35KB, 500x386px
>>29626361
Pictochat got me suspended from school, I am not even fucking kidding.
>last day of the term in primary school
>we have a 'games day'
>headteacher decides that we could bring video games
>everyone has their DS
>start sending dick drawings through pictochat
>send one dick and a flurry of swear words to every room thinking I'm an ebin troll
>headteacher brought her DS
>send dick to head followed with a message that said something like "fuck shit fuck cunt"
>my DS name was my real name
>get suspended for a week next term
Mfw
>>
File: thegooseblanket.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thegooseblanket.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>29626485
hello fellow refn bro
>>
>>29624907
>ITT: time inevitably passes
ftfy
>>
>>29626414
That fetish is far more populair in USA then europe my friend, also in the USA it focuses allot on bbc, while the europe version is most of the time wife sharing between friends or strangers from the same social class, I would prefer it was the other way atound but it isn't.
>>
>>29628185
I'm 19 you mong
I played DP when I was 10
>>
File: 1476362807531.png (33KB, 172x232px) Image search: [Google]
1476362807531.png
33KB, 172x232px
>>29623385

>Played original Red as first game.
>Skipped Gen II for some reason
>Skip Gen III till FireRed comes out.
>About 13 or something close now, so I shouldn't be as stupid as I was 8 years ago.
>Want to 'Catch them all'
>Catch Shiny Dugtrio.
>Not knowing what a Shiny is but knowing for a fact this thing is special.
>Realize I forgot to catch Jigglypuff and don't want to wait til I get Fly.
>Reset Game.
>Never found a Shiny Diglett/Dugtrio again in my life since then.

I learned how rare they were after that. I thought since I found it on like the 5th one I saw it wasn't that rare.
>>
File: 13f.gif (97KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
13f.gif
97KB, 498x594px
>be me, 14
>Red and Blue had been out for some weeks
>Going on a car trip with Mom, sister and her bf and his two kids
>They were packing stuff into the car while we did other things
>Tell my half-bro that I had just arrived at Lavender Town in Red.
>He got excited
>"The town has some really spooky music, we gotta check it out!"
>Boot up Gameboy
>Started playing
>Forgot I had no sound on
>"Wait, I'll just restart it. I want the real feeling of spookiness"
>Restart Gameboy, didn't save
>Boot up again
>Save file gone.
>Restarted so fast that game save fucking went away.
>Super pissed
>Had all starters, planned on getting all Pokémon
>Mfw I had to play everything over again while on vacation, because some friends and I were going to battle in school.

Never hard reset.
>>
>Be 13 or so
>playing DP with legendaries because that's the cool thing to do when you're a kid
>Also going on a pokemon forum
>A guy there asks to battle
>"No Ubers though"
>Had zero experience with competitive battling, I vaguely knew that "Uber" meant "super strong legendary" but thought what constituted as "super strong" was subjective
>"Uh, okay, just tell me if you consider Palkia and Giratina Uber"
>The guy never responded back
>>
>>29624731
>my b
>>
>>29624566
>>29625101
> Back to /pol/
>>
File: Plusle_and_Minun.png (55KB, 951x732px) Image search: [Google]
Plusle_and_Minun.png
55KB, 951x732px
>>29624976
That sounds like me.

I remember trying to catch both Minun and Plusle on my copy of Pokemon Sapphire- with a 2% encounter rate for Minun and a 15% encounter rate for Plusle. The problem is, I was absolutely convinced that if I encountered a Plusle, it'd be extremely hard to find a Minun, and vice versa, or something along those lines- which amounted to hours upon hours of resetting the game over and over and over.

>>29625570
I remember one memorable childhood Sapphire run (siblings kept deleting my save files) where I ended up, instead of leveling up only my starter, only leveling up a fucking taillow/swellow.

I also remember having a bit of difficulty on Winona in that run.
>>
File: manfrom pluto.png (87KB, 175x305px) Image search: [Google]
manfrom pluto.png
87KB, 175x305px
>>29623385

>Playing pokemon blue for the first time at 7 years old
>Accidentally click "yes" on my option to nickname charmander
>Did not know how to exit, so I put "charmander" in the nickname thinknig it would fix it
>beat elite 4, prof. oak says he remembers when my charmander was just a charmander
>>
>>29623385

I was thinking that I can beat battle tower with ho-oh and co XD
>>
I remember playing Sapphire as a kid, coming across a cheat on Gamefaqs to find a fused version of Latios/latias in Shoal Cave. Spent hours trying to pull of some convoluted ice pattern thing.
>>
File: shiny glaceon.png (30KB, 322x339px) Image search: [Google]
shiny glaceon.png
30KB, 322x339px
>>29626827
Your girlfriend is actually kinda right, man. Loads of shinies have really subtle differences between the normal and shiny colors, which means that they can easily be mistaken for "non shinies with shiny sparkles".

The example that I can most easily come up with off the top of my head is Glaceon, but that's because I have first-hand experience with evolving a silvery, shiny Eevee into a Glaceon that... doesn't look much different than normal Glaceon until you realize that Glaceon are supposed to be a bit darker blue.

Pic related, by the way, is shiny Glaceon.
>>
>>29623385

I beat rock tunnel without flash because I had no moneys for pokeballs and no pokemon to teach it flash because I thought it's waste of time XDDDD
>>
>>29628495

I still wonder if that's just legendaries triggers kids imagination or just it is super cool for them to use legendaries, today I think that legends are shit for me to use except some I like
>>
>BW
>first time playing online
>opponent sends in Ditto
>it transforms to my Jolteon
>it has Volt Absorb and 4 electric attacks
>>
>>29629041
hahaha fuck.
>>
>>29624187
>Picked Torchic as my starter
>Nickname it Fire because why not
>Enemy Pokemon use Water Spout
>Fire's power has weakened!
>Kill them using a fire move to show he wasn't weakened
Simpler times.
I also thought it was some sort of anti-Blaziken move because it still weakened him when he wasn't out.
>>
File: giggle.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
giggle.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>>29629103
>>
>>29623385
10/11yr old me trained a feebas to lv 97 before realizing something wasn't right, cause it never evolved.
I even taught it water pulse and ran through the league with it solo.

i remember i had to farm leppa berries on the side

Oh and also, don't forget how autistic you had to be in order to even find a feebas in the first place in RSE.
>>
>playing first game Pokemon Silver
>caught pidgey early on in game
>better than starter
>somehow managed to increase it's wing attack PP to 44 (that was the only move I used on it)
>beat Red with level 88 pidgeot by one-shotting all of his pokemon with wing attack
>brother was jealous and playing Ruby at the time
>shows me his Rayquaza
>says he will restart the game if I do

And of course I did that...
>>
>>29628868
Well now I do too, but through the eyes of a kid the idea of having a super powerful pokemon that you have to beat a dungeon to get in your team is pretty appealing
>>
>>29625570
Same here.
I always stormed the league with a lvl 60 or something Starter while everyone else only knew one or two HMs and were sacrificed to use Revive on the Starter.

>>29625856
I was stuck on the Tower for a long while, then I found the PokeDoll item on the Mart. Thought it was the correct way of getting past the Ghost because hey, it worked. The level spike was kinda weird but my overleveled Blastoise had no real issues defeating everyone inside.
Took me until the FRLG days for me to realize it wasn't supposed to be that way.
>>
>>29628868
i play online with what's considered OU or Lower on smogon.

But ingame i prefer using shitmons to actually have a challenging experience.
>>
>>29629228
Did what?
>>
>>29629290
restart my game
>>
Man, am I glad I wasn't retarded as a child.
>>
>>29629315
i was severely retarded socially, but i never did anything notably cringeworthy in pokemon, and i've always been a decent battler
>>
>use master ball on the electrode in aqua team base
>Kill kyogre because in the anime they never caught one
>Turn off GB because I found a recolored magikarp and my game might crash
>>
>>29628049
First Yellow playhttough with a Nidoqueen.
Lorelei screwed me so I had to restart and properly make a team. Which, if I recall, also had Nidoqueen which became one of my favorites ever since.
>>
>>29629272
>because hey, it worked
wait what?
>>
>>29624976
> I used to think that Sword Dance stacked outside of individual battles
I tried that one and after seeing the status screen not changing between battles I dissed stats moves as useless(considering I mostly played in-game that wasnt as bad), they never say the stats only stack within the battle, so I´m glad SM indicates that so kids won´t make the same mistake again.
>>
>>29625010
>What drove kidlets to lie so much back in the Gameboy days...?
Attention.

Worst part is that I used to contest them asking for their sources which were either bullshit, rumors or bullshit magazines. Pretty much like now except instead of the normal kids wanting attention is autists with access to google trying to promote headcanon and/or clickbait sites.
>>
>>29629350
>Turn off GB because I found a recolored magikarp and my game might crash
That´s more misinformed than retarded I´d say.
>>
>>29629385
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Marowak_(ghost)#Trivia

It's a Gen I bug.
>>
File: 1475035879799.png (146KB, 534x399px) Image search: [Google]
1475035879799.png
146KB, 534x399px
>>29625010
>>29629405

Some kids still lie like that nowadays. There's a group of elementary school kids in my town who swear up and down that there's going to be a Mega Victini in Sun and Moon. Their source is "some website."
>>
I used to hold my breath and look away whenever I was trying to catch a Pokemon and the Pokeball was shaking.

It took me forever to get through Mt. Moon the first time. I forgot to save and cried about it.

I tried to evolve Slowpoke by surfing on it in Shellder-infested waters.
>>
>>29629429
huh
>>
File: 200w (2).gif (865KB, 200x128px) Image search: [Google]
200w (2).gif
865KB, 200x128px
>>29623499
>mfw just a few years ago hoennbabbies were the ones receiving complaints
>now it's suddenly moved to the next gen
>>
File: 1456320579232.jpg (5KB, 196x244px) Image search: [Google]
1456320579232.jpg
5KB, 196x244px
>Silver
>some broken english bootleg
>barely knew english
>gave onix and geodude to the daycare
>thought i really did give them away
>got to olivine didn't know why no one was in the gym or why nothing happened when i cleared the lighthouse
>thought my game was glitched
>just backtracked for the rest of my file
>accepted bugcatcthing contest without knowing
>the guy mentions my Furret
>realize all my mons cept Furret is gone
>think i just gave them all to him for good
>scared
>save and quit
>finally just delete my file
>never make it past violet again because i never understood i had to get togepi from the guy in the mart, and that last time must have been by accident without me realizing
>>
>>29629614
this, my little cousin asked me in the BW days whether it was true that if you talk to skyla 200+ times she'll let you take her plane to the other regions, said a classmate told him about it
>>
>>29629686
~10 years from now, people who played Sun and Moon as kids will be able to post here.
>>
>>29629830
>>29629614
Well, if adults can't bother to do a google search to fact check, we shouldn't expect kids to do so I guess.

>>29629812
Oh, is that the one where the Gen 2 mons were called by the first 5 letters of their jap names?
My first rom ever was that gold.
>>
I believed in the whole "you can go to space and catch Deoxys if you do [incredibly tedious thing]" when I was younger. Makes me wonder if the Delta Episode was inspired by that. After all, they did put a Lava Cookie under the truck.
>>
>>29626827
she probably had a shiny garchomp
>>
>Playing Pokémn Yellow 1st time
>Pikachu ma nigga
>Didn't know anything about moves
>Learn him HM05 Flash because during thunderstorms the flash usually makes huge damage
>Didn't learn Thunder because I thought it's just loud sound and a shitty attack
>mfw kept Flash all the way to E4
>>
>>29626589
that would've been pretty cool
>>
>>29623385
>Master Ball can catch any Pokemon
>Use it on a CoolTrainer's Blastoise on Victory Road because I really want one
>Trainer blocked thrown ball!
You lied to me you son of a bitch
>>
File: 1432123363270s.jpg (3KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
1432123363270s.jpg
3KB, 125x118px
>>29629890
>first 5 letters of their jap names
Holy shit! That's it!
>>
>>29628049
I didn't
>>
>>29624081
I beat the Elite Four 100 times because of one of those stupid "secrets." The hall of fame bugged the fuck out and released all of my Pokemon except for Chansey.
>>
>>29630061
Something like that happened to my brother once. He wasn't paying attention, so when he saw an alakazam on the screen, he thought "HOLY SHIT A WILD ALAKAZAM!"
>masterball
>trainer blocked the ball!

Same thing happened to me a few times, but luckily, only with regular balls.
>>
>>29630080
Well, for what's worth, the broken english stop even being english the further you go in the game, at Kanto it´s pretty much random symbols.

It was shit, though I do have some nostalgia for that.
>>
None of these are funny.
>>
>>29630114
I got my revenge after I got a gameshark
>Turn on Steal Pokemon cheat
>Capture Blastoise
>mfw it has no moves
>>
>>29630268
sounds satisfying, but I was worried they'd hate me.

>the day before yesterday
>flare scientist asks me if I'm charging the castle all alone
>yes
>OH! THAT'S COLD BLOODED! COLDER THAN COLD! Don't your pokemon count for anything?
>restart and say no
>>
>>29623385
>get Master Ball from Silph Co President
>misread what he says and think they'll be available in stores soon
>use it on a Vulpix because I don't have one yet
>>
>>29623385
When I played Gold I was around 6/7, one day I found a shiny Swinub. I killed it because I thought it was ill due to its pale color.
>>
>Pearl when I was 6 is literally acceptable nowadays
REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK OFF IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE GEN 1 OR 2 AS YOUR FIRST

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GET OFF MY BOARD KIDS
>>
>>29630545
>6
It came out 10 years ago and you have to be 18 to post here. You can´t argue that.
>>
pinder clipping what ??
>>
>>29623936
Holy shit are you me?
>>
>>29630545
I started with gen 1 and can't understand why people get mad if other people didn't start with gen 1
>>
>>29630482
that made me feel bad too
I made sure to remember on my second playthrough
>>
>>29630672
I just woke up, so unless I was sleep-posting with a proxy, no, I'm not you :^)
>>
>always had 4 STAB moves on each pokemon whenever possible
>>
>>29630543
>not catching it to nurse it back to health
what a cruel child
>>
File: 1478059788290.png (58KB, 298x251px) Image search: [Google]
1478059788290.png
58KB, 298x251px
>>29629890
>>29630160
>Oh, is that the one where the Gen 2 mons were called by the first 5 letters of their jap names?
HOLY FUCK thanks for reminding me of this shit. I had this rom too. Bakufu was my nig. Did you have Berry as Nut too?
>>
>tfw as a kid the stupidest thing I ever did with Pokemon was training a Wartortle to 100
>I played the games normally and didn't teach shit moves to my mons
>didn't overlevel my starter
>didn't toss a master ball at a Rattata
>just played it like I would now
>>
>>29623429
Did the same thing in my first game but it was a psyduck
>>
>>29623429
Used it on an Abra.
I thought it was the only way.
Then I raised it to level 83 trying for an Alakazam.
>>
File: 1474698152112.jpg (98KB, 1342x664px) Image search: [Google]
1474698152112.jpg
98KB, 1342x664px
>>29623385
>Be kid
>don't understand a lick of English
>Pokemon games weren't translated to my language
>had no internet or friends
>reach the lemonade part in Pokemon Blue
I was stuck for so many days until I figured out what to do
>>
Even though I've been a fan of Pokémon since I was a child (I turned 6 by the release of Gold and Silver), I only started to play the game in my early teen years. Gameboys were quite expensive where I live and my parents didn't have the money.

>Be 14-year-old me
>Get a CD with a VBA emulator and 40 ROMs from a friend
>First game I play is Pokémon Ruby
>Thanks to the anime and the TCG, I wasn't entire ignorant of how things worked
>Still managed to fuck up
>Couldn't understand shit because my English was poor, so I got stuck easily
>Team made up of only ground and steel types
>Pokémon only know moves of their type
>HMs galore on all my pokémon
>Fuck my games even more with Gamesharks
>Get a shit ton of Bad Eggs
>Eventually move to the previous Pokémon games
>In one Gold playthrough, get to Whitney only with Bayleaf.
>Stop playing after a friend told me to stop being a retard.
>>
>be a kid
>partially hear about EV training but get all the details wrong
>if a pokémon gets a point of EV from each enemy defeated, then fighting more enemies per level means more stat gain in the long run
>therefore my pokémon should fight enemies that give the least XP possible
>I spend all day grinding on wild pokémon 40 levels below my party, always one-shotting them
>I don't know or care *which* EVs they give, so even if my party's EVs weren't already maxed out, it would probably just result in an even spread
>I stop doing it out of boredom
>I don't realize how EVs actually work until years later
>>
>>29626399
my swampert was surf/dive/waterfall/earthquake, then i decided i missed mud shot so i went to the move reminder and replaced earthquake.

then at some point i was in the safari zone and decided i wanted to find a shuckle, so i overwrote earthquake with rock smash

wallace's ludiocolo was....difficult to get past
>>
>>29631092
I still don't know how it all works. I don't do competitive, so I never bothered. My brother tried to explain it to me, but I just nodded along and forgot about it.
>>
>>29624907
I was 15 in 2006, played pearl in 2007

this thread is making me feel old
>>
File: 1477576851096.png (108KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477576851096.png
108KB, 240x240px
>>29626544
Oh man this is literally me. I was stuck in Mauville for like an entire fucking year until I read about Rock Smash. I remember the feeling of crossing that rock barrier and exploring the rest of the game, specially since that's pretty much the point where the game starts getting really good.

In hindsight it seems like an incredibly retarded design choice; to give this literal who such an important item without making sure that the player knows about it, I guess they were counting on kids exploring the city but come on, you don't do that with an item that is essential for the progression of the game.
>>
>>29624771
Man, I still do that shit, but only because I often play on emulator at 1.5-2x speed and it often registers two button presses, cycling me back to the first question.

I'm always too stubborn to reduce the speed for this kind of thing even though it's literally one button press on my PSP.
>>
>>29623499
Anon, the majority of posters on this board are Sinnohfoeti. Why do you think HGSS and Pt are put on such a pedestal?
>>
I used to think it was impossible to catch a legendary pokémon with any ball besides the masterball and you had to choose the one you wanted most.
Caught Zapdos, killed everything else. Mewtwo, everything.
>>
>>29630545
I'm 20 and my first games were blue and yellow on my cousin's gameboy when I was ~8
your age doesn't necessarily determine which games you started with
>>
File: shiny_smeargle.jpg (22KB, 406x362px) Image search: [Google]
shiny_smeargle.jpg
22KB, 406x362px
>>29623385
>be 13/14 yo
>playing HG
>in ruins of alph
>suddenly a wild shiny smeargle appears
>didn't know shinies were a thing at that age
>thought my game glitched and escaped from the battle instantly
>i encounter another smeargle, a regular one
>i sigh in relief having my game "fixed"
>two years later i hear about different colored pokémon
>remember the day i did this
>how do i commit suicide
>>
>>29624027
what a dick
>>
>Be me at 10 years old
>Don't have a DS because parents say video games are bad
>Have a friend with a DS and Diamond
>He has a save file
>Says I can play a new file, but I can't save the game
>End up playing through just the first half hour of Diamond about ten times

When I actually got a DS and both Diamond and Pearl for Christmas, I played through both versions, but got stuck at the water gym-leader on both. So I reset both of them. I also got SoulSilver for Christmas, but I didn't want to play it because I didn't recognize "the new pokémon" on the first route.
>>
I had no idea how to use the PC as a kid.
Once I caught 5 Pokemon, my team was full and I had no idea how to swap out Pokemon.
>>
>>29631424
oh my god, i was so pissed when i caught a slakoth and it was sent to "someone's pc." i thought it literally went to a random npc in hoenn and you couldn't retrieve it because it belonged to them now.
>>
>>29631299
two years later?
ever heard about Red Gyarados?
>>
>>29627373
>pressing B when the ball closes
>trying to cancel the capture
>not tapping A in time with the ball shakes

it's a wonder you catch anything at all
>>
File: 1476989409182.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476989409182.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
>>29631452
Come on, anon.
I can understand not being able to figure out the PC in gen 1 as a kid, but gen 3? Come on, anon...
>>
>playing pearl
>pokemon got poisoned
>walking around and screen starts shaking
>think game is broken
>make aunt buy me an entirely new copy
>>
File: 1342892502660.jpg (50KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1342892502660.jpg
50KB, 406x364px
>>29623499
>These replies

I hate to be reminded that most of /vp/ is barely legal or underage
>>
>>29631505
Yeah even had it on my team. Just tought it was something unique in the game nothing actually amazing. Also the difference between normal Smeargle and shiny Smeargle it's just the tail's color, Gyarados is more notable.
>>
>>29631546
By unique i mean that the Red Gyarados was just an event, part of the history but didn't know it was a shiny, or that every poke had an alternate color version.
>>
>>29623499
i guess this explains why gen 4 is glorified on here
>>
>>29631580
bye old man
>>
>>29626472
One guy comvinced me of this when I got my first shiny

I outsmarted the system by saving before evolving, though. Consequently, it took a while before I realized there was no risk
>>
>playing Emerald for the first time (first Pokemon game)
>box Mudkip before it even evolves because my internal logic told me that it must be a total shitmon because I got it first
>reach E4 with a horribly underleveled crew of shitmons
>my final team literally consists of a Shedinja, Wobbuffet, Kecleon, Sableye, Tentacruel (only non-shitmon around) and some shitty HM slave
>after challenging them for months on end I finally beat the champion by sheer dumb luck
>>
>>29631180
The give random people HMs all the time, but it's general rule in RPGs to talk to everyone you encounter. In gen II, some random sailor in Olivine was holding on to Strength and you can't fight Chuck without it.
>>
>>29631717
>shedinja
>sableye
>shitmon
>>
File: 1379130171186.jpg (21KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
1379130171186.jpg
21KB, 218x265px
>>29631518
oh fuck dude

when that happened to me in either Crystal or RSE I had a panic attack for a few mins. But when the game said "honk has fainted" and I was like OH.
>>
>>29631923
Sableye broke his shitmon status in gen 5. Shedinja still is one and will always be one.
>>
>>29623499
Now you know why Sinnoh is so glorified here along with Unova.
>>
>>29631943
Sableye was always a beast, until gen 5, he didn't have any weaknesses.
>>
>>29632303
didnt have any strengths either
>>
>>29632338
>ghost, dark
>no strengths
what? since when?
>>
>>29624771
Don't feel to bad I did the same type of shit.
Except I thought that by beating pokemon I was catching them. Needless to say I never got past viridian city.
>>
File: 400percent efficiency.jpg (193KB, 579x345px) Image search: [Google]
400percent efficiency.jpg
193KB, 579x345px
>>29627043
honestly, i'd think it really cool to see some old dudes playing nuzlockes in here.
23 here, trying my first nuz with platinum.
>>
>>29632368
since 380 bst
>>
>be kid with internet back in 1996
>look up pokemon
>Entire website dedicated to pokegods
>Can never get that shit to work
>any time I discuss it with friends they say it must be true because the internet doesn't lie
>>
>>29632585
>pokegods
what?
>>
>>29632608
PokeGods were one of the bigger myths about Gen 1, like the Mew Truck.
They were evolutions of specific final form Pokemon to something godly.
Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Butterfree, and Beedrill were the ones I remember.
Nidogod/dess, Locustud, and Beepin.
>>
>>29630029
I mean you got a point though, thunder is a stupid ass name
>>
>Only use my starter, because using anything else is just taking up exp that my starter could be using
>Despite this, still teach as many HMs as I can to every starter I get
You haven't lived until you've had a Feraligatr with Cut, Strength, Surf, and Whirlpool for the whole game.

Also
>Finally play through Pokemon Yellow years after playing Gold, migrate my Mewtwo forward
>Get rid of Amnesia, replace it with Swift
>Keep Psychic because it's a good move
>Get rid of Recover because I have Full Restores, replace it with Strength because throwing a huge boulder with its mind is badass
>Teach it Shadow Ball because it uses Shadow Ball in SSBM
>>
>>29632636
ooooh.... ok, I got it. I was pretty isolated as a kid, so I didn't hear anything like that. Except, of course, the mew truck.
>>
>>29631366
I did the exact same thing but with ruby. This guy also agreed to lend me the game for just one day, so I had to squeeze as much playtime as possible in just that one day without saing once
>>
>>29625854
Listen here you little cunt
>>
>>29630917
Fuck, are you me? I spent my master ball in Pokemon Gold on Psyduck because I was convinced I would get a super powerful dank Golduck that I could use to defeat my next door neighbour.

Ended up teaching it Surf and Strength, oh well
>>
>>29625101
Where do you live that kids start school that late?
>>
>>29623429
graveler, didn't find it a big deal. then couldn't use it anymore for unlimited master ball glitch
>>
>>29632680
Yeah I mean I simply thought a Flash would cause damage whereas a Thunder wouldn't
>>
>play red version as kid
>put shit zubat in
>forget and go through entire game and even catch mewtwo
MFW i remember and go back for him
>>
File: whoa.gif (2MB, 343x228px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.gif
2MB, 343x228px
>>29623385
>be me, 6 years old
>playing pokemon blue in English
>be NLfag
>just press "a", a friend said
>mfw i played through pokemon blue without knowing what anything meant

also taught a friend's pikachu on yellow double team because I was training his poke and I kept pressing A.
>>
>>29631092
This is essentially how it works in the first two gens, fwiw
>>
I put my starter in the daycare which caused me to lose to all the trainers which caused me to lose all my money until i couldn't get my starter back. I also remember killing a shiny machoke because i thought it was ugly.
>>
>be five
>first game ever is blue
>barely know how to read
>name myself AAAAAAA because I had no idea what a naming screen was
>choose Bulbasaur because I didn't know you could say no
>catch every single Pokemon I can just to "catch em all"
>got to cerulean city and had to turn the game off
>didn't know how to save
>had to start over again
>repeat everything I did before, including the names
>got stuck in victory road for a week
>mfw I beat the game with a level 100 Venusaur, a level 20 Gyarados and some random early route shitmons at around level 10
>all six of them were named AAAAAAAAAA
>
>>
>>29623555
Got diamond in 4th grade and I'm 18 in college now. Nigga u dumb.
>>
File: stop suffering.png (56KB, 329x176px) Image search: [Google]
stop suffering.png
56KB, 329x176px
>be 6 with pokemon red
>leave to friend to play some pokemon battles
>hop on bike, realise there's no pocket big enough for my GBC in my shorts
>just put it between shorts and skin on waist because can't cycle with one hand yet
>cycle some 20-30 meters fine
>slight downhill
>gameboy falls RIGHT UNDER MY FRONT WHEEL and rocky rough asfalt
>about 1/4th of screen is fucked
>run crying back to dad who looks at me pissed, we weren't that rich and gbc was big investment for them
>sighs loudly and gets some sand paper and file to fix it
>left corner is now all scratchy but smooth and somewhat clear
>still have that GBC but I think my "friend" stole my red. He was one of those Cartman kind of fat kids.

I also think he stole my metal (silver?) bulbasaur with tiny amethyst/ruby/some tiny jewel in his bulb which that made for me. Fuck, remembering that I lost something as precious as that makes me so mad at myself. FUCK
>>
>>29634502
>>all six of them were named AAAAAAAAAA
i fucking lost it.
>>
>>29630482
>the day before yesterday
So tomorrow?
>>
>be me, 7 years old
>playing my first ever pokemon game (emerald)
>don't know anything about pokemon
>choose mudkip and catch literally nothing else
>wonder why i keep losing to may in the battle on route
>quit and don't play pokemon again until hgss
>>
File: befuddledS.png (52KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
befuddledS.png
52KB, 346x360px
>>29634669
no, the day before yesterday
>>
>>29634737
Yes, that's tomorrow, right?
>>
>>29634756
no, what's wrong with you?
if today is the 3rd, then yesterday was the 2nd and the day before yesterday was the 1st.
>>
>>29634817
Yeah. Tomorrow.
>>
>>29634817
>and the day before yesterday was the 1st
but that's tomorrow
>>
>>29634669
>>29634737
>>29634756
oh dear
>>
>>29634845
one of us is having a stroke
>>
>>29623585
Underrated.
>>
>Named Blaziken Hellfire because its edgy.
>Did research on hell and realized it was terrifying so I changed the name.

This was painful to recall.
>>
>>29634880
Must be you, because I know time has not gone past 31st of October.
>>
>>29634890
>research on hell
>>
>>29634890
holy shit a real life 2edgy4me
>>
>>29625552
get a 2nd hand blue version.
previous player was stucked in mt moon with a 80 something blastoise

>poor fucker
>>
>>29630961
Fellow "underage fellowbro when RB were released" I feel your pain. Had no idea what thirsty meant or wouldn't connect that with vending machine drinks anyway.
>>
>>29634931
guy. my man.
don't give up on your dreams.
>>
>>29626923
Everyone knows you have to tilt your head in time with the Pokéball shakes and make promises to feed the Pokémon berries and love them and let them visit where you caught them from time to time that you end up never living up to and just boxing them!
I'm a fucking monster...
>>
Is everyone in this thread ESL or something. Half of these posts don't make sense.
>>
>>29623649
DP came out the year after I graduated from college.
>>
>>29625628
I DID THAT TOO
>>
>>29623385
>Catch shiny Unown G in Diamond
>Remember how people nickname their shinies
>Name it Sickle
>Realise that's fucking retarded and change it back
>>
>>29625628
I did this too

I was a really dumb kid, when they asked me "where I was going" to name my town in animal crossing wild world I put "????" because I didn't know
>>
For some reason I thought leer was a damaging move because it's old animation looked like laser beam eyes.
>>
>playing Gold
>be an extremist faggot
>after I get ho-oh, level it to 50, duplicate it 4 times and they, alingside typhlosion, were my team

>be a kid
>think geodude evolves into onix
>be a teen
>think geodude evolves into onix
>still think geodude evolves into onix
>>
>>29623385
>loved Pokemon so much that despite having Yellow, I also found emulators online to play Red and Blue
>got Blue running no NO$GMB
>put Niodqueen in daycare
>G/S comes out and I move to that, never take Nidoqueen out
I still think about it every once in a while, how if my real walking counted her left would be off the charts. But of course, no time has passed ingame
I still have the same file saved somewhere
>>
>in elementary school
>had Silver, was my favorite game
>asshole "best friend" asks if I want to play his Red version
>I trade him
>It sucks
>ask for Silver back
>said he burnt it with all those expensive Pokemon plus he's I gave him
fuck you garret I'm still not over that expensive flygon doll I begged my poor mom to buy for me
>>
>>29623936

My birthday is in December as well.
In a way, feels bad to be the younger person in class.
>>
>>29623898

> I release my second mon to go look for my starter

Nigga you serious
>>
>>29635878
Ah yes. The "I don't have it anymore" trick. I fell for that too.
>be me
>maybe 6
>bring an amethyst geode to class for show and tell
>I got it from my gramma
>love it
>a kid I never met says he want's to borrow it to show his mom
>ok
>next day, ask for it back
>sorry, anon, my brother stole it and won't give it back
>next day, ask for it again
>sorry anon...
>never get it back

Fuck you, kid, abusing my good natured ass, you fuck.
>>
>get Red, shopkeeper told me monsters where born from eggs you hatch.
>shopkeeper was a visionary

Also was my first game I didn't know you can save, so I left my gb on all day until batteries died. I tried to finnish the game before that happened.
>>
My female cousins and I used to play a game where we'd pretend to be pokémon and one of us would throw oranges to capture the rest. We were fucking dumb.
>>
>>29636114
that's sounds like a better game of tag. relax.
>>
>>29623385
>play blue as a child
>even after old man, I still don't know I can catch pokemon
>go as far as vermilion, can't teach cut to blastoise
>stay there for months before someone taught me to catch pokemon

>playing silver as a child
>know I can catch pokemon now
>dude on route outside new bark town gives me pokeballs
>they disappeared from my bag
>too retarded to figure out how to get to the ball section of the bag
>keep buying balls, they all disappear
>be pissed off for a week
>eventually figure it out
>>
>>29636020
something similar happened to me and my sister too
>be me
>around 7
>borrow some kid a PS2 game
>you can have it for one week
>one week later
>kid shows up at our house
>whoops I forgot it
>I'll bring it tomorrow
He said the same thing everytime he came to us. After a while we moved out and to this day,haven't gotten the game back. We bought a new one but still, that was annoying as fuck.
>>
>>29625101
actually, they don't do that in France.
>>
>Play pokemon gold
>Reach the red battle
>Beat him
>Pokemon are low, have no escape ropes
>Forget how to get out of the mountain
>Refuse to let any of my pokemon faint
>One week passes by I've lost all items, only 2 pokemon are still alive
>I see a light, thisisit.jpeg
>battery dies
>>
>>29636303

Why the fuck wouldn't you just faint your way out?
>>
>>29636264
it's the worst
>>
>be me, non english eurofag
>6 or so
>playing Red and Yellow on emulator
>was still on DOS
>fucking good memories
>I knew how to read a bit, but couldn't read english obviously
>anyway, a friend tells me there is a potion in the PC in your room
>go to PC, first option (withdraw)
>great, a potion!
>go to second option (deposit)
>oh nice, another potion!
>go to third option (toss)
>wow, even a third potion!
>>
>>29636303
But the credits roll after you beat Red. And you get teleported back to your house.
>>
>>29635028
Oh I was underage then but getting to my 30s now.
>>
File: 1469356259013.png (386KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1469356259013.png
386KB, 519x533px
>>29636540
kek
>>
>>29625628
You're not alone. To this day I still name him ??? out of tradition.
>>
>>29636264
I've done this to a few people by accident
I wasn't trying to be a dick I would just genuinely forget
Eventually I stopped borrowing things
>>
>>29626447
>Elite 5
>>
>>29623385
Not dumb or a kid, but when X and Y came out I'd leave two Pokémon in the daycare then fly to lumiose and go to the circular area in the center of the city and then I'd leave my AP Chem book on the D-Pad so Calem would ride his bike in circles around lumiose all day. Pokemon would go from level 1 to like 83
>>
>>29637137
4+champ?
>>
File: Insightful_Cutiefly.png (268KB, 509x607px) Image search: [Google]
Insightful_Cutiefly.png
268KB, 509x607px
>>29623898
That's actually pretty adorable
>>
>>29624980
That's not how mortality works.
>>
Just remembered one. Borrowed a friend's copy of Blue so I could trade the exclusives over to my Red. He'd apparently been stuck in Mt Moon for days of playtime. His character was called BEN, his level 60+ Blastoise was called BEN, his Pidgey was called BEN, every single Pokemon he'd caught was BEN. Got him to Cerulean, ran into the rival. I don't need to tell you what he called him.
He did the same thing in Digimon World aswell, just BEN everywhere.
>>
>>29638298
i gotta know
was his name ben?
>>
>had a hitmonchan with all the elemental punches in gen 1 and used it all the way to the E4
>taught shadow ball to my Alakazam in gold because I didn't know Ghost was physical back then
I knew about STAB though and thought that was the reason why psychic was so much stronger.

I also tried to multiply my Machoke in Gold and gave it the masterball to hold only for it to be deleted instead. I was pretty mad 2bh
>>
>>29638318
I really want to say no, but yeah it was.
>>
>>29638515
damn.
>>
>>29638554
If there ever is another gen 1 remake, I'll name everyone BEN, just for him
>>
>>29636540
i had my blue version on a diskette

>indeed good times
>>
File: 1476984004392.png (496KB, 452x428px) Image search: [Google]
1476984004392.png
496KB, 452x428px
>saved before every gym leader
>if I lost, I had to turn off the game

I don't know why I did that. You just lose some money.
>>
File: 1468636149217.webm (140KB, 238x264px) Image search: [Google]
1468636149217.webm
140KB, 238x264px
>1999
>10 y/o
>Some fuck tells me regular pokeballs are somehow better than Ultra balls
>Catch Mewtwo with a Pokéball.

>Some fuck tell me about the fucking truck.
>Erase my perfect save file to check it out.
>Realise it's bullshit
>Friend left with his link cable
>Realise I live in on a shitty island that doesn't sell that crap.
>>
>go over mom's friend's house
>her son plays Pokemon
>He has a level 100 Pikachu and level 100 venusaur
>He shows me how to use the PC because I had no idea how to access it

It's crazy how cool Pokemon made some people. I thought that kid was the coolest motherfucker in the world.
>>
File: 1476986826203.jpg (32KB, 547x328px) Image search: [Google]
1476986826203.jpg
32KB, 547x328px
>could NOT find Surf in blue version as a kid
>looked everywhere
>eventually got one of my friends to trade me his krabby that knew surf
>he had a japanese version of the game
>for some reason, trading between our two games corrupted the fuck out of my save file
>>
>>29638828
I think I'll do the same. BEN should live on.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.