[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has it lived upto your expectations? How would you rank the episodes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3512.png (400KB, 1039x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3512.png
400KB, 1039x490px
Has it lived upto your expectations? How would you rank the episodes?

1)The Scoop
2)The Challenger
3)The Old Chateau
4)The Cavern
5)The Vision
6)The Lake of Rage
7)The Reawakening
8)The Legacy
9)The Adventure
10)The Chase

Overall though I've liked every episode, love the episodes with battles in them. Generations and Origins does battles right
>>
Chateau was the only one that I liked
>>
10 episodes of Generations> ~900 episodes of Ashnime
>>
>>29619904
>Origins does battles right
>Rhyhorn beating Red's Jolteon using Thunderbolt
>>
>>29619904
Mediocre as fuck. Animation was decent but the way it handled or interpreted a lot of stuff seem like it was trying to be more mature then it was. Pokemon is a pretty goofy series, not really something that is meant to be mature. I wouldn't say edgy as nothing was that bad but the emphasis on a more "adult" pokemon wasn't really interesting.
>>
>>29619976
makes more sense than Jolteon beating Rhyhorn with thunderbolt senpai
>>
I quit watching after 5 episodes. The only thing they have going for them is that they expand game lore, otherwise the episodes themselves are nothing that the regular anime couldn't do better.
>>
File: Alolan Tabris.png (415KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan Tabris.png
415KB, 640x480px
>>29620033
What's really adult about the animation? A lot of the scenes are either straight adaptions from the games or concepts relating to them. If anything 900+ episodes of the Ashnime dumbed down the concept of the Pokemon world because they focus on shitty characters to advertise the series instead of what the Pokemon series is really capable of

Just because there's an attempt to have tension in a 4 minute short doesn't make it any more mature
>>
>>29619904
the last two Johto episodes were good. The first Kanto episode was good. Not good enough for me to continue into Hoenn and Sinnoh

It's going to get a lot of praise simply for not being Ash though
>>
It's fucking fantastic and I love it, don't listen to these dumbass anons who literally hate everything.
>>
>>29619904
I love it. While it's disappointing they're so brief, it allows more opportunity to retain higher quality animation.

I think the most underrated thing generations and origins does differently from the ashnime is that the pokemon DON'T SAY THEIR NAMES. They sound like real animals or monsters.
>>
>>29619976
In anime logic there's no "does not effect" only "not very effective"
And Giovanni explained that since his Pokémon were so high level even a not very effective hit fainted the jolteon
>>
>>29619938
*tips*
>>
File: Congratulations.gif (227KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Congratulations.gif
227KB, 320x240px
>>29620782
Nice reply, he's right though
>>
>>29620180
They are literally 4 min shorts that come out once or twice a week. It really isn't some committing to continue watching them.
>>
>>29619914
The Chateau was my least favorite but I guess I never really cared about Cheryl in the first place.
My favorite is either the Adventure or the Scoop. I really loved the first episode, the others have been pretty mediocre.
>>
>>29620782
> People don't have my taste therefore they are neckbeards

This site is for 18 + friend I hear reddit always needs new content feel free to go there
>>
File: check these frogs.png (116KB, 577x618px) Image search: [Google]
check these frogs.png
116KB, 577x618px
>>29620782
>>29620888
Nice btfo trips
>>
File: Fuck.gif (765KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.gif
765KB, 480x270px
The last two Hoenn episodes were great. Prove me wrong. Protip, completely subjective.
https://youtu.be/Tgyw64jtVY4
>>
It's ok/10

I expected more, and the dub still bothers me slightly, but it's fine, nothing much to complain. Have yet to see an episode that amazed me.
>>
>>29620827
>>29620888
>>29620904
Thanks for your (you)s newfags.
>>
>>29620946
*tips*
>>
>>29619904
I've been enjoying it. The short duration and lower budget kinda makes certain things a little clunky but with the exception of the Blue/Elite Four episode, it hasn't really been as bad as so many people make it out to be.
>>
>>29621109
People try to make it look bad? Considering it's only 4 minutes anybody reasonable can understand it's at least accomplishing what it's trying to do at a successful rate. I'm pretty sure the only people that hate it are salty animefags that bitch and moan it's praised solely for not being the anime
>>
>>29621109
What was wrong with that episode?
>>
File: IMG_20160920_083002.jpg (10KB, 224x279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160920_083002.jpg
10KB, 224x279px
Lame ass generic anime bullshit. Blatant weeb pandering.

Still better than the ashnime.
>>
>>29621153
Abysmal pacing, and probably the worst voice-acting.
>>
>>29621153
It was a collection of teases with no conclusions. If they expanded that episode so that there was more actual battling then it could be top-tier, but otherwise it seems like a poor trailer for another better work which doesn't actually exist.
>>
>watching dubbed anime
>>
File: machamp nice meme.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
machamp nice meme.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>29621313
>>
>>29619904
The first gen episodes were pretty weak.

The second gen episodes were a little better, but still pretty average.

The third gen episodes was when the series finally got some steam, with the last episode being the best so far.

If the first episode is anything to go by, the fourth gen episodes could be even better.
>>
>>29621313
It's not dubbed if it was in English first :^)
>>
>>29619904
Hoenn portion did a great job with making the primals threatening.

Mega Fug and Deoxys is 10/10.

Gen I is alright I guess. I liked seeing Looker. Seeing animated Silver and Lance BTFOing the rockets was cool.

I'm hoping the Creation trio is shown off and N/Yancy.
>>
Absolutely loving it. How can we really signal that we want more of this?
>>
>>29619904
I thought it would be more like origins, but they're too short to really be interesting. The concepts are good, but overall I would describe the series as "missed opportunities". The few things I wanted to see were skimmed over or skipped entirely.

Episode 10 is the best, it actually manages to tell a full story more or less and is actually creepy.
>>
>>29621631
By watching it pretty much. Each one has at least 1 million views and not many people at all seem to dislike it.

So far at least.
>>
Generations' only purpose is to market and sell Pokémon products to fans of different generations by appealing to their respective nostalgias.

Generations = Nostalgia = Positive associations with Pokémon = More willing to subscribe to YouTube channel = More likely to watch other videos on channel = More likely to buy Pokémon products such as Sun and Moon = $$$

Generations is one big marketing campaign that intends to draw in anybody who has ever played a main series Pokémon game so they can be exposed to the actual product videos.
>>
I'm having a blast with them so far.

The only disappointment was Blue becoming the champion and the episode with the haunted mansion, but everything else was fan-fucking-tastic.
>>
For me, these episodes are good, but they always seem to miss the mark to be great. I liked Ep. 1, 2, 4, 8 and 9.
>we will never actually see Lance btfo Silver
>>
I really liked the one with Kyogre and I thought the one with Deoxys was alright too

the rest were meh though
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.