[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is this hardest and most challenging NPC and why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: Cynthia.jpg (42KB, 341x256px) Image search: [Google]
Cynthia.jpg
42KB, 341x256px
Who is this hardest and most challenging NPC and why is it DPPt. Cynthia
>>
>>29614155
i dream of climbing inside her head and swimming about in her cerebellum, eating her dirty, dirty thoughts.
>>
>>29614165
AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>29614155
If we're takling about the whole series, I think battle revolutoin has some bullshit character with legendaries and shit
>>
Regular trainers? Barry

Any trainers in the main series? One of the battle facility RNG abusing cunts
>>
>>29614155
Depends on which game. I haven't lost to an NPC in quite a long while, but I remember the Rival battle right before Mauville City in RSE being a tough one when I was younger.
>>
>>29614155
She is the most challenging Champ for sure. Not sure about hardest NPC ever, though.
>>
>>29614155
Blue in Blue version because I was a dumb kid and Lance wore me down.
>>
>>29614773
That place is reserved for challenge mode Iris or Ghetsis Hydreigon.

These 2 aren't behind a fake level spike for difficulty purposes.
>>
>>29614839
>challenge mode Iris
Pahahahaha, no.
>Ghetsis Hydreigon
Do you mean the fight at the end of BW? Then lol no.
>>
>>29614874
>BW
>Challenge mode
Do you mean you're retarded? Then lol yes
>>
Cynthia felt like a real threat in diamond

I imagine her plat team was harder
>>
>>29614930
Where did I say BW has a challenge mode? Are you retarded?
>>
>>29615013
No, but he said Challenge Mode Hydregion
>>
>>29614155
Cynthia wasn't hard in DPPt. It kinda was in BW, but NPC trainers in general are all easy to beat.
>>
>>29615042
I thought he only referred to Iris when mentioning challenge mode. Nvm then.
>>
>>29614994
It was actually easier especially if Empoleon was your ace.
>>
Isn't Red the obvious answer? Don't his Pokemon have a large level increase compared to Kanto Gym Leaders? While the other games have level 80 Pokemon in some of them, the level curve leading to them is more forgiving.
>>
>>29615123
Other than Snorlax, his team is shit.
>>
>>29615123
But you can beat him easily with level 60 shitmons, i know it because i hate grinding.
>>
>>29615146
>>29615192

I speedrun the game myself and get there with Feraligatr around level 62. I have to use guard spec, several x items, full restores for thunders, and Pika could always just crit and OHKO me.
>>
Cynthia isn't that hard, only her Garchomp presents a problem everything else can be killed by a decently leveled Staraptor.
>>
>>29615042
Ghetsis has a battle in BW2 and his Hydreigon does have a Life Orb that time. I could see someone considering that a hard battle if they don't have the Hydreigon well-covered.
>>
Battle Factory Wally is by far the hardest NPC in any of the games because he's essentially the only one that actually takes advantage if items in an "intelligent" way. Half his team is smogonshit for christ sakes
>>
>>29614292

I think OP just means in game challenges. No facility or battle sims. If battle sims count, people sure do like to bitch about the round 2 fight against Red in Stadium 2.
>>
>>29615123

Red is stuck with shitmons. Stadium 2 round 2 is the only time he's ever been a challenge.
>>
>>29615368

You mean battle resort and he's not since you don't unlock that fight until you get a maison trophy and you need a competitive team to get it.
>>
The hardest is that one NPC in a battle facility that straight up cheated against you
>>
>>29615281
You're speedrunning, nearly everyone else will have a higher level than a speedrun.

Frankly a 20 level gap from level 80 is still just like a level 15 fighting a level 20 in raw stat power. It only looks like a big gap but in relative power it's not really. You'll have all your moves and EVs and he's just got mostly shitmons.
>>
File: 1476917763955.png (143KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476917763955.png
143KB, 565x600px
>Walrein's quick claw let it go first!
>Walrein used Sheer Cold!
>It's a OHKO!
>>
>make team designed to beat maison, barring opponent using incredibly specific and insane tactics/unusual moves
>maison waits until a long streak to throw a perfect counter to my team utilizing the exact, incredibly specific tactic that I can't defend against
>>
>>29614155
Is she still the only trainer whose Pokemon all have 31 IVs in everything instead of 0?
>>
>>29614874
>Do you mean the fight at the end of BW? Then lol no.
That Hydreigon will fuck your shit up if you don't have a fighting type, if your fighter is Scrafty or if you don't have a SDef sponge, at least during your first playthrough.
>>29615342
BW2 Ghetsis was nerfed to hell though, even in Challenge Mode. On the other hand, Iris stole his previous Hydreigon and it's about as deadly as before.
>>
Among non-battle facility NPCs?

Probably Cynthia, one of the first trainers to have a really varied team and movesets that made sense
>>
>>29616048

I think NPC I.Vs scale as the game progresses for the most part. They start at 0-5 and go up. In BW2 challenge mode, I think they're all 31.
>>
>>29616223
At least before DPPt they didn't, I remember Cynthia and Youngster Fucking Joey being the only ones with perfect IV Pokemon. No idea if anything has changed in Gens V and VI, but I can't find those bits of trivia being mention in Bulbapedia so I assume they don't matter anymore.
>>
>>29615342
BW2 Ghetsis Hydriegon is completely physical oriented. Why.
>>
I had way more trouble with Flint (DP only) than I ever did with Cynthia. Ironically, having so few Fire types made him a tougher opponent.
>>
>>29614155

Shes scary.
>>
>>29616029
kek
>>
>>29616086
Glad to see his Hydreigon transitioned
>>
>>29616672
In BW2 he wasn't the final boss, Iris is.
>>
Nah pokemon Coliseum had some pretty frustrating fights. The guy with Entei was an actual challenge compared to Cynthia
>>
>>29614165
I dream of climbing inside her shoes and swimming about in her foot sweat, eating her dirty, dirty toe jam.
>>
How about Jupiter's Skuntank? Complete pain in the ass in Eterna, where Dark resists and Ground attack users can be counted on one hand, and it spams a high crit endgame level STAB.

Complete joke later, but it's a classic example of the early bird boss.
>>
>>29615042
Nope anon, he said challenge mode Iris and Ghetsis Hydreigon.

Not challenge mode Ghetsis Hydreigon.

It's more of a general thing for hydreigon, BW has hydreigon as a great coverage nuker and he can ruin your life effortlessly, in B2W2 hydreigon loses levels in normal mode and becomes physical, challenge mode restores the level and gives him life orb.

Honestly those 3 instances are way better designed than Cynthia wich just has a level spike to back her up, especially challenge mode Iris.
>>
File: IMG_2847.png (366KB, 663x731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2847.png
366KB, 663x731px
>>29615146
>>29615192
>Playing HGSS
>All of my team is around level 60 except for the Shiny Gyarados I made into a HM slave
>Beat Red by spamming revives and full restored until the hail or ampharos takes his team down
I just kept switching between Snorlax and Ampharos to tank hits while Gyrados brought his attack down.
>>
>>29614155
I concur, Cynthia was a nightmare for me. Then again, the only good Pokémon I had was my level 100 Infernape, the rest were in the 40s. I wasn't very good at the whole "balanced team" thing.

To be fair, she was also really hard in B/W, and I had got gud by then.
>>
>>29614155
Any gen 1 trainer with fucking wrap.
>>
>>29614165
Cerebellum is posture, not thought...
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.