[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the Alolan starters be remembered after this gen or fade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Few starters achieve such recognition and popularity that bypasses their introductory gen.

Charizard
Blastoise (Kinda)
Blaziken
Greninja

The rest fall into obsecurity and are never given attention. They become like every other Pokemon, joing the ranks of Gulpin.

Few stand the test of time, will these 3?
Reception seems positive.
>>
Decidueye is gen 7 greninja.
>>
>>29613559
If all three of them fair very good in competitive, I doubt that. They already got the fan part checked, all they need now is fair well in battle.
>>
>>29613559
Everyone will remember because of the shitstorm
>>
File: scs8bsq9gwhnrn1xswsh-2.jpg (173KB, 636x1386px) Image search: [Google]
scs8bsq9gwhnrn1xswsh-2.jpg
173KB, 636x1386px
Incinerator will be remembered as the funny fully evolved starter Pokemon from the anime.
>>
Decidueye may end up being the most popular starter ever if it's pre-release popularity is any indication

Primarina will be remembered for negative reasons
>>
Sun and Moon will probably be very popular even for Pokemon and Decidueye will probably be in Smash Switch. And Litten, Rowlet & Popplio are all very cute and simple designs, perfect for toys. They'll be relatively popular for a while at least.
>>
>>29613559
Tie between owl and the cat. Girls and gays really love the seal.

In japan charizard and greninja and Pikachu are the most popular starters in japanese 2016 polls. In the top 25.
>>
>>29613559
I think Incineroar design makes him pretty easy to remember, just like hawlucha is still a pretty popular gen VI pokemon
>>
>>29613559
They will probably fade into obscurity
Their designs are not good enough
>>
>>29613875
Most like first stages. Final evos tend to fade away.
>>
Some make it close.
Everybody loves Cyndaquil, but it's time out of the lime light has hurt it.
I remember Snivy's massive SMUGLEAF XD popularity shit back in the Gen 5 pre release, but its evolutions seemed to diminish it's popularity

Decidueye will likely be remembered, it's already gained quite the following
>>
Isn't Sceptile on par with Blastoise popularity wise(and I meant the kinda scale)?
>>
>>29613714
yeah, like everyone remembers emboar now
>>
>>29613559
If you count base forns, Piplup and Snivy remain pretty popular.

The Pokemon Center in Tokyo actually ran out of both's dolls a few times, and had merch that stayed past their gen.

To be entirely fair though Piplup was one of the mascots for that particular center and Snivy merchandise profits did go to help the Tsunami victims so those may have been factors.

I worked in Japan from the tail end of 4th gen through 5th gen and often stopped by there to kill time on the way home from work.
>>
>>29613559
What are the only starters that are remembered?
All 3 gen 1
Blaziken
Greninja
Pikachu (if you want to be technical)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.