[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shuts down sleep shenanigans >shits on rest sets >still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: Tapu_Koko.png (516KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu_Koko.png
516KB, 1280x1280px
>shuts down sleep shenanigans
>shits on rest sets
>still allows you to burn and poison niggas
>cannot be paralysed or put to sleep
>electric nukes incoming
>is a fairy
>Nature's Madness
>will most likely get energy ball
You ready to see this motherfucker everywhere /vp/?
>>
>>29612938
>electric nukes incoming
>is a fairy
literally all that matters.
Genies 2.0 for VGC and banned from OU.

Imagine if they gave keldeo drizzle. Fuck this thing.
>>
>>29612938
>Earthquake
>>
>>29612965
Why would Top Kek be banned from OU?
>>
>>29612938
My ass is ready. Best tapu coming through, finally a good design dominating meta and not the shit genies
>>
File: WEBPAGE_20161102_182535.jpg (51KB, 720x566px) Image search: [Google]
WEBPAGE_20161102_182535.jpg
51KB, 720x566px
Yes I am.
>>
I think all Tapus will be mosters in competitive desu. Bulu has free leftovers, horn leech boosted by grassy terrain, and probably gets leech seed too. It also halves Earthquake damage for the rest of your team. Fini is straight up immune to status, and supports the rest of the team against dragons. Lele shuts down priority and probably hits hard thanks to psychic terrain.
>>
>>29612974
>>29613066
DELET
>>
>>29612938
It's really gonna come down to his speed.

Electric Terrain is already giving him a free specs on electric moves, so special attack can be sacrificed a bit, but he'll need over 110 speed to be a truly amazing pick in OU.

other than that, the Tapu's have a lot going for them in terms of viability, with Tapu Koko being the most promising with the best typing out of all of them.
>>
>>29613172
Well he's an electric type who's not a physically shitter, so I'd imagine that he's fast.
>>
>>29613093
>no more fake out megamom shenanigans
Why is Tapu Lele so based?
>>
>>29613093
Remember the terrains also affects the opponents pokemon so they can abuse the fact that they cant get inflicted with a status too.
>>
>>29613283
megamom has been nerfed to the ground this gen

>Parental Bond's second hit only does .25x damage instead of .5x
>Power-up Punch removed as a TM
>Psychic terrain and Dazzling can shut down fake-out/sucker punch combos
>>
File: 1478028989358.jpg (408KB, 2051x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1478028989358.jpg
408KB, 2051x1233px
>>29613283
because she's weird
>>
Tapus are going to be Electivire syndrome on crack
We're probably going to go a few months with these fucks everywhere until people realize "Maybe giving my opponent a free buff is a bad idea"
I do think Koko will remain popular since Sleep immunity isn't as big of a deal as the other effects.
>>
>>29613040
guaranteed in a year's time you will be sick of seeing it and hate it
>>
>>29613358
>implying Lele won't also stick around because shitting on priority is never not good.
>>
>>29613358
What's the Electivire syndrome? Anyone care to explain?
>>
>>29613066
This Mole is literally designed to fuck you in the ass
>>
>>29613405
People thought Electivire was good when Gen 4 first came out. Then they realized it wasn't.
>>
>>29613405
People thinking something is the best thing ever when in reality it's not that good. Based off the Electivire Gyarados core teams of Gen 4.
>>
>>29613405
he probably means that after a rather short period where we see the tapus quite often, they will soon be a rare pokemon to see as this kinda happened with electivire.
>>
>>29613405
Back in Gen 4 the Gyarados/Electivire Combo was ridiculously overused since team preview didn't exist, baiting out electric attacks to give electivire the speed it need to sweep.

but electivire on its own was a pretty shitty mon, and couldn't work without the gimmick. I don't think Tapu Koko will be the same though, as Tapu pretty brings brings all the tools he needs on his own and support others, rather than be supported.
>>
>>29613358
I doubt that honestly, especially for Lele and Fini, since you can just build your team to not use priority or status.

They're 580 BST Fairies. There's no way they won't be strong.
>>
>>29613515
You are now aware that the regis, articuno and mesprit exist. Leave it to GF to give a pokemon 580 BST yet still be underwhelming.
Sure, typing, movepool and ability play a big role here, but their stat spreads don't really help either.
>>
>>29614403
Those don't have one of the most OP types in the game and a free 50% boost to one STAB.
>>
>Electric Terrain Volt Switches
>>
File: 1472094724458.png (325KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472094724458.png
325KB, 1024x1024px
>>29614466
He really is made to be OU isn't he?
>>
>>29613305
Given how powerful she was it is understandable
>>
>>29612938
>shits on rest sets
And here I was going to make a stall team with everything running rest and use Tapu Koko to wake them up. Silly me thinking outside the box.
>>
>>29612974
>Levitate
>>
>>29614653
They would be unable to use Rest at all while Electric Terrain is up. It's not like Hydration.
>>
>>29613299
Well, naturally, but only an imbecile would run Tapu Fini and status abusers on the same team.
>>
>>29613515
>especially for Lele and Fini, since you can just build your team to not use priority or status.

This isn't good anon, especially not for Fini in singles since an opponent can switch in on her and get a free turn to set up without having to worry about getting burnt or paralyzed.

Scizor users will be rubbing their hands with glee whenever they see Tapu Fini on the opponents team, its a 100% risk free swords dance for them.
>>
>>29614698
>Use rest
>switch into Tapu Koko
>Volt switch
>profit
Don't be retarded anon.
>>
The only Tapus I can see getting use in OU are Koko and Lele since sleep immunity isn't a big deal and Lele's immunity to priority(thus a way for her to avoid getting bullet punched to death before she can do shit) and the bios description of her as being a status user will give her a good niche.

Fini's terrain is too easily abusable by the opposition for my liking(free set up boys!) and Bulus terrain heals the opposition ffs, and potentially fucks him due to the neutering of earthquake, a move he needs to cover his poison, steel and fire weaknesses. Hopefully his SpA is decent though and he gets Earth Power, unless Grassy terrain actually affects all ground type moves lol
>>
>>29615004
Thankfully Grassy Terrain only affects EQ, Magnitude, and Bulldoze. Maybe it'll get that new move Mudsdale knows?
>>
>>29615004
>Hopefully his SpA is decent
In both of the trailers Bulu was using physical attacks, that's probably not the case.
>>
>>29615004
Tapu Bulu can easily deal with Steel types with Superpower and Fire types with Stone Edge.
>>
>>29614783
...So use HP Fire? The point of these teams would be to abuse mons that are normally weak to status or priority.
>>
>>29614873
>>29614873
>rest on turn 1
>switch in tapu koko on turn 2
>volt switch out on turn 3
>wake up on turn 4

Are you baiting? Or are you really that retarded?
>>
>>29615047
It does?
Thank you, bonemerang
>>
File: 250px-094Gengar.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-094Gengar.png
58KB, 250x250px
Donuts
>>
>>29613093
I can't wait to use FUCK SCIZOR the pokemon.
>>
>>29613358
Weather abilities are going to be Electivire syndrome on crack
We're probably going to go a few months with these fucks everywhere until people realize "Maybe giving my opponent a free buff is a bad idea"
I do think Abomasnow will remain popular since blizzard accuracy isn't as big of a deal as the other effects.
>>
>>29615503
Weather abilities were permanent and only affected certain Pokemon, unless you both ran the same archetype, you weren't helping your opponent.
Terrains aren't permanent, and are guaranteed to help your opponent and, in the worst case scenario, completely backfire.
>>
>>29615255
Highhorse Power anon
>>
>>29614676
is not its ability
>>
>>29615859
It doesn't matter if you help the opponent if they don't have the means to use the effects. Even if they can use the effects that should be considered during the team building on how to deal with it. Sticking a ground type or something with lightning rod on your team to deal with electric terrains boost for example.
>>
>>29614676
Not its ability ya SJW
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.