[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else hopeful that GameFreak won't screw up this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1437996620458.jpg (11KB, 177x184px) Image search: [Google]
1437996620458.jpg
11KB, 177x184px
Is anyone else hopeful that GameFreak won't screw up this time?

> Mega Kanga nerfed
> Paralysis and confusion nerfed
> Starters that have good typing and all look potentially useful
> No super gimmicky mons, everything looks at least decent
> Overhaul of the system (no gyms, etc.) means that they might up the difficulty
> The type chart might be balanced a bit
> Fairy gains a ghost weakness
> Ice might gain some resistances (I have this theory that it might gain Normal and Flying resistances)

Or will they fall short like usual?
>>
>>29607554
>> Fairy gains a ghost weakness
>> Ice might gain some resistances

No.
>>
>>29607554
Unfortunately, there are no changes to the type chart. But everything else you said is very true.
>>
TAPUS
OF
HEALTHY
TERRAIN
>>
Fuck the paralyzis nerf.

They removed speed control but kept the full paralyzis RNG element... They have no idea of what they are doing.
>>
>>29607554
Just because the system has changed doesn't mean the vanilla games will be any harder, at best it'll be harder than the easiest games.

What interests me is how difficulty hackers will make use of the systems.
>>
>>29607554
The type matchup chart is unchanged.
>>
>>29607620
It will be interesting to see how the rom hackers deal with the totem battles.

They might be a bitch to edit, too, considering they have an entirely new mechanic of calling ally Pokemon mid-battle. Wonder if they are just wild Pokemon or if they have data stored for movesets and IVs/EVs like trainer Pokemon do.
>>
>>29607554
If they let Talonflame keep Gale Wings, I'd say they fell short
>>
>>29607590
But it's better than nothing. Paralysis has been broken for so long that I'm thankful they finally nerfed it at all
>>
What has changed about para and confusion? And how do we know? (Didnt play the demo)
>>
>>29607554
>Overhaul of the system (no gyms, etc.) means that they might up the difficulty
They actually have said in many interviews that they made SM easier so it'll be more friendly to new players
>>
>>29607663
Talonflame is gutted enough.
Just watch it drop to NU.
>>
Where the fuck do people keep getting the Fairy weak to Ghost shit from?
>>
>>29607703
Para is a 50% speed cut instead of 75% and Thunder Wave is nerfed to 90 accuracy

Confusion hitting yourself is 33% chance instead of 50
>>
>>29607779
they are retards that think that because Primarina is part Fairy which is strong against Dark (Incineroar) which is strong against Ghost, then Fairy will become weak to Ghost.
>>
>>29607793
It's like poetry, they rhyme, every stanza kind of rhymes with the last one.
>>
>>29607554
I am hopeful.
I am hopeful for ice buffs, including hail defense boost and new resistance or two.
I am hopeful for Scald's burn rate to be reduced
I am hopeful for Knock Off's power to be reduced
I am hopeful that Minior will get U-Turn and Earthquake

Together, let's pray.
>>
>>29607567
>implying they didn't scrub it
>>
>you will never lick Mami's thighs and grope her Mamis
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.