[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would it take to make belch usable? http://bulbapedia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: belch.png (121KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
belch.png
121KB, 400x240px
What would it take to make belch usable?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Belch_(move)
>>
>>29606638
I used a victreebel with gluttony and salac berry before it wasn't completely terrible
>>
What a pointless move
>>
>>29606638
Remove the need to use a berry. *Poof* It's good now.
>>
>>29606638
make it usable without eating berries but deals 2x damage after eating a berry multiplied by each berry eaten

then you come up with a berry theft and berry passing scheme
>>
Increase the power by at least 20 and make the accuracy 100.

needs to be more powerful for the cost required to use it.
>>
Without any modifications to the move, what kind of pokemon would be needed to use it well?
>>
>>29606688
Big Pokemon like Steelix, the Nidos, and so on.
>>
I used to run a tanky/setup Garbodor holding a sitrus berry with belch back when I was a memer. Had Toxic, Recycle, Belch, Spikes
>>
>>29606688
It could benefit from gluttony or harvest, but I think it mainly needs a decent special attack and defenses
>>
>>29606688
Something that has a good set up move comes to mind. Maybe a bulky poison Pokemon with access to quiver dance and cheek pouch as an ability
>>
>>29606638
It's not a terrible move. Practically every mon with Gluttony also gets Belch, and if you use a stat-raising or HP-restoring berry, it can be pretty handy.

The bigger problem is that the mons that can use it generally aren't considered all that great.
>>
Just make it so it consumes a berry.
>>
Using the move automatically consumes the berry. It's suddenly more useful purely for that alone.
>>
>>29606638
>wanted a powerful special poison attack
>has shit and situational mechanics
into the trash it goes
speaking of trash just use gunk shot ot acid spray or classic and best sludge bomb

at least sludge bomb has 30% poison chance and has a good chance to add some passive damage to those mon resisting poison
>>
>>29606741
Yeah, heatmor gets belch, gluttony, recycle, and stockpile, but has 85/66/66 defenses
>>
>>29606652
I tried that with Ninetails in X/Y then again with P-Groudon, but yeah it wasn't that great.
>>
>>29606638

>blench is now 75 base power move but no longer requires the use of a berry
>doubles in attack strength after a berry is used

It becomes basically a flying gem type strategy
>>
Could alolan muk make use of it? It's got bulk and gluttony, but it looks to be a physical attacker
>>
Give it to a mon with unburden, so it can use up it's item and have a powerful opening attack
>>
Create a Berry that can be consumed at full health. Maybe a Berry version of White Herb.

Roserade with White Herb Berry uses Leaf Storm, Berry prevents stat drop, Belch is usable. Dragalge could do the same with Draco Meteor. Both are pretty fragile against any fast physical attacker, though.
>>
Give each berry a different added effect. Chesto burns, Cheri paralyzes, sitrus increases attack power, etc.
>>
>>29606638

Have every Pokemon use it, and remove the berry usage

There, it's fixed
>>
Consuming the berry gets its effect early.
Also give it to something with Harvest.
>>
Drop the base power to somewhere between 60-80, raise the accuracy to 100, and make it so you consume a held berry whenever the move is selected instead of actually having to eat the berry beforehand. And then give each berry a unique added effect.
>>
>>29606664
Or a stalling wall belching berry harvester mon.
>>
File: 220px-JamesKnoxPolk.png (84KB, 220x266px) Image search: [Google]
220px-JamesKnoxPolk.png
84KB, 220x266px
>not wanting some busty pokemon gal to let loose a toxic belch right in your face after stuffing her belly full with berries
are you a plebian anon
>>
>>29606638
problem 1: its poison type
problem 2: using a berry means you aren't using an actually good item
problem 3: berries trigger too late and gluttony is on shitmons

solve these and you're good.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.