[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pokemon fans complain about manlet pokemon don't worry,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: CwOQQZIUkAAbzF7.jpg (66KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CwOQQZIUkAAbzF7.jpg
66KB, 600x338px
>pokemon fans complain about manlet pokemon

don't worry, even Digimon suffers the same thing
>>
File: Movie_1-10.jpg (32KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
Movie_1-10.jpg
32KB, 720x416px
>>29605084
Digimon is a different case.

They are, first and foremost, a bunch of data. Like, literally, they are data in-universe.
Much like any kind of data, they can be compressed and decompressed, which in turns changes their size.
I mean, hell, in the first Digimon movie, we have kaiju-level Parrotmon and Greymon.

Pokemon are real life being in-universe, so them being manlet (at least, for those who logically shouldn't be) is noticeably jarring.

Source: Headcanon
>>
>>29605084
Why does every Digimon evolve into a robotic mess with guns or a literal human with armor?
>>
>>29605260
no they have official height and weight too iirc
>>
File: rathalos.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rathalos.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
>this is a 15 meters long monster
>>
>>29605320

Difference in design aesthetic.

Pokemon focuses mostly on clear geometric shapes, so evolved forms will usually have a clearly defined, stylized look to them that you can easily track the features of.

Digimon are designed with a focus on intricate linework and details, so the bigger forms will naturally lend themselves towards designs that allow room for even more intricate, detailed linework.

Compare a Charmander and an Agumon sometime and the difference in what they're going for becomes clear. Charmander is a smooth, stylized collection of simple shapes, simplistic yet appealing. Agumon has a much more defined musculature, with eye ridges, visible biceps, all that stuff. They're fun to look at, but it's harder for the average person to remember what it looks like than most pokemon. Which is why Digimon is the eternal second banana to this franchise.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
>>29605320
Not every.
>pic related

But you know, they are practically in the internet.
I like to think their designs are a reflection of that.

>>29605410
I take it you're talking about the anime reference sheet? Because I'll be honest, I have not seen at least one that's not the anime's.

Feel free to prove me wrong though.
>>
>>29605469
It's a baby rath not an adult.
>>
File: image.jpg (672KB, 2296x3352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
672KB, 2296x3352px
>>29605471
>>29605528
Up to the third stage they look fine, then all goes downhill from there. I was disappointed in Cyber Sleuth, almost all the best digimon look basically the same. I don't mind humanoids, but they look like variations of the same design. I remember watching the first series and all of them looked distinct from each other
>>
So my dream of being carried by the strong, muscular arms of WarGreymon will never be real huh?

>>29605591
anime takes liberties, mainly in that they picked specific evos (wherein Digimon can evolve multiple lines) and only two characters reached Mega
>>
>>29605554
>baby rath
Chibified anon, not baby. That Rathalos is far too developed for it to be a baby.
>>
File: Appli-Monsters-Trailer_08-04-16.jpg (84KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Appli-Monsters-Trailer_08-04-16.jpg
84KB, 600x338px
Nobody is allowed to complain how Pokemon look now vs back then after seeing the travesty of Digimon.
>>
Digimon is just retarded in the sense that there's no official "Digidex" where every Digimon has official lore, height, weight, and game mechanics stored.
>>
>>29606117
These are Appmon. Something tells me this is what will replace Digimon and becomes its own thing if it becomes more successful. It already feels seperate from Digimon.
>>
But Wargreymon is like 20 feet tall in the anime
>>
Go back to vitagen, digicucks
>>
>>29606117
>Nobody is allowed to complain
What, no even people who couldn't care less about Digimon?
>>
>>29605084
Only furries complain about manlet pokemon
>>
>>29606126
there is, but it's Japanese and only online
>>
>>29605591
Gotta agree - I was very disappointed in the assorted 'knight' Mega digimon.

Most of my favorite digimon are basically in the Rookie to Ultimate level.

You could even argue that the humanoids in the Champion/Ultimate tiers look better than the Mega ones.
>>
>>29606041
This. You even see normal-sized monsters in game.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.