[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm still predicting Regional Variants will have the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: variant.png (167KB, 1019x671px) Image search: [Google]
variant.png
167KB, 1019x671px
I'm still predicting Regional Variants will have the same BST but different stat spreads. Probably with more min maxing

Did we get any info on that front?
>>
>>29604469
It's virtually confirmed they have the same HP stat at the least. I ran up Alolan Ninetales and Alolan Exeggutor's HP stats from the Japanese video where the kids get into competitive, and they're the same as the Kantoan counterparts.
>>
I wonder if Alolan Sandshlash has a good hidden ability. Or a hidden ability at all.
>>
The description for Sandshrew says that it's slower than the normal variant. I'm hoping they do shuffle up the stats a bit, because I want Marowak to be good again.
>>
>>29604527
This does help bolster my theory. Good catch too. Though I'd hope HP isnt completely locked for all variants. Many mons really need an HP increase.

>>29604594
I noticed that as well. It would probably lose the speed and get a higher Special Defense
>>
There is no way to save Alolan sandlash from being made of glass
I hope they dump everything they can into attack and speed
Hopefuly sandlash gets one of the generational +10 boosts to its BST

But it wont
>>
>>29604982

If they give Snowslash both bullet punch and ice shard (and then it's hidden ability is technician) then it'll be saved from PU at least.
>>
>>29604982
They might make it faster but the implied slowness of Sandshrew makes me hesitant
>>
>>29604469
>defensive ice type
>part steel type
>4x weak to fire/fighting
>2x weak to ground

When will they learn. All it did was give a quad resist to ice versus doubling fire and fighting welanesses

It's literally a worse steel type
>>
Alolan Exeggutor probably just has its Attack and Sp. Atk swapped
>>
>>29605102

>Resists Normal, Grass, Ice (4x), Flying, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, and Fairy
>Immune to Poison

Still better than pure Ice
>>
>>29604594
Alolan marowak looks pretty thin compared to the Kanto one. Maybe it'll be fast...ish?
>>
>>29604527
>>29604787
I think Alolan Raticate has more though HP. In one of the trailers, I think the most recent one, it had as much HP I think as a 31 IV 84 EV Raticate, 193 at level 70. Alolan Raticate either had that same spread, or it has more base HP. 81 (0 IV) is the most likely. It's actually impossible for something to have 31 HP IV and have 193 HP at level 70. Trailer pokemon rarely, if ever, have something outside of 0 IV, 31 IV 0 EV, and 31 IV 252 EV.
>>
>>29605622
raticate alola has 75 for its HP base stat
>>
>>29605696
>has 12 IV/48 EV
okay
>>
Is there anything that can make Alolan Ninetails good?
>>
>>29605778
Is this a joke?

Even with exact Ninetales stats, Snow Warning + STAB Blizzard off 100 speed is pretty fuckin good.
>>
>>29605838
This.
People are used to taking the odd ice beam but outside of gen 1 (not applicable here) we've never had a meta where shrugging off STAB Blizzards was on the menu
>>
>>29605838
It's really not that good. Blizzard is pretty strong, but it's coming off a pretty weak base 81 special attack or something around that.
>>
>>29605939
Trust me, it wont be coming off of no base 81. Also, I'm fairly certain they'll now power up ice moves in hail
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.