[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are everyone's concerns for Sun and Moon? Why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 38

File: sun-moon-audience-battle.jpg (41KB, 463x277px) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-audience-battle.jpg
41KB, 463x277px
What are everyone's concerns for Sun and Moon? Why does everyone think these games are going to be bad?

I thought they were shaping up to be great (exp share with BW scaling, totem battles seem like they could be somewhat difficult, expanded trainer customisation, etc.). The only thing that personally bothers me is the low amount of new Pokemon. Everything else seems fine.
>>
The only thing that worries me is the FPS issues. I don't want to wait for the Switch to come out either. Wahh wahh wahh
>>
muh frontier
>>
Contrarians after they found out about SM destroying every other Nintendo game in preorders.
>>
>>29599357
This place is full of cynical losers who can't handle change.
It looks fine to me too anon, I've been hyped since day 1 and its only gotten better.
>>
>>29599357
No one thinks that

literally the only issues with them are the low number of new mons (it's just over 90 if you count new forms) and the framerate
>>
>>29599395
this as well, damn 3ds is a piece of shit
>>
>>29599357
>everyone
It's literally just 10% of the board.
>>
I just hate the 70 new pokemon -meme
>>
My main concern is in its replayability. Although I like the increased story focus on the first runthrough, it can be really annoying having to deal with it on subsequent plays. Part of the reason I've replayed gens 1 and 2 more than any other is because there's virtually nothing in the way of playing the game.
>>
>>29599357
The game feels as slow as DP. Running feels slow. battles feel slow. Loading screens for opening a gate. No bike.

My biggest fear is that. And FPS issues.
>>
>>29599467
It's not the 3ds' fault GF decided to use models with a bazillion polygons
>>
>>29599357
>BW scaling
Oh god are you serious?
BW scaling was the worst thing ever created.
>What's that? You want to train a pokemon past level 50?
>Well fuck you I hope you like grinding audinos for 8 centuries because nothing else in the game gives shitall exp
>Fuck you AND the elite four bitch
>>
>>29599357
It's going to be even more braindead and handholdy than XY. The games didn't need to get any easier, it just ends up more boring for everyone including children.
>>
>>29599541
It also has the gen 6 EXP share, so you can overlevel while you're forced to be underleveled
>>
>>29599541
as long as they provide higher leveled pokemon to battle (in contexts where they don't jewishly prevent mons from getting exp, seriously hate that shit) then that shouldnt be an issue.
>>
>>29599395
>get a n3ds
>hack it
>install ntr
>boost clock speed
Its that easy. Plus, then you could instal whatever you wanted.
>>
>>29599505
>No bike

Who needs a bike when A FUCKING TAUROS is available?
>>
>>29599357
>everyone
there is that word again
>>
Slowdown on moves. Greninja's Night Slash caused the framerate to dip hard for me.
>>
I'm concern about postgame content. The league + Battle Tree sound interesting, but we don't know the extent of either of those things.

Ideally it would be the 7 Trial Captains repurposed as Gym Leader +Kahuna E4 and the Battle Tree having at least close to as many cameo fights as the PWT.
>>
I fear getting the legendaries jammed into my party early and without my consent. I fear it will be much too easy. I'm still pretty excited.
>>
>>29599611
Me.

They had the chance to bring back autorun, decide to remove auto bike instead.

Also, every route being designed around being wide enough for a taurous may lead to a few feeling empty.
>>
File: 1475014527450.jpg (52KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1475014527450.jpg
52KB, 500x381px
>>29599357
When will we find out the version exclusive? I'm buying sun, I just need to know if I need to buy moon also.
>>
>>29599736
>Also, every route being designed around being wide enough for a taurous may lead to a few feeling empty.

I didn't even think about this. I could see it being a problem.
>>
I'm curious as to how we'll get hidden abilities, unless the friend safari was confirmed to return and i'm out of the loop.
>>
>>29599357
The people going to great lengths to complain about these games have been looking for reasons to do so ever since they were announced. Even when we had next to no information, people would go on about how the games were going to be a rush job because the reveal trailer was so short, which clearly meant they had only recently started development and had nothing to show. Then for a while, it was about Alola being a single island. Then it was some of the designs. Then it was the Rotom Pokédex. Then the HP bar of all things.

At the end of the day, some people just want to hate stuff. Try to tune it out and have fun.
>>
Not exactly concern but I'd be pretty disappointed if there's not stat changes for oldmons like the V-VI jump.
>>
>>29599357
I have a few minor problems.

I'm kinda bummed that GF decided to release well over half of the new Pokemon before the games came out.

I like that you can see trainer sprites during battles but I think the pre-battle sprites are hideous (really minor complaint)

Other than that, I'm glad they're finally changing up the formula. I'm gonna miss gyms, and part of me hopes that gyms are only gone for this game, but we'll see. I think they're gonna be great games though.
>>
>>29599820
>I'm kinda bummed that GF decided to release well over half of the new Pokemon before the games came out.

this is going to keep happening as long as they follow gen 6's model for adding new Pokemon
>>
>>29599803
Some people just dont like small things. Trying to make out everyone not as hyped as you into some sort of collective hate mob is just as retarded as the people calling everyone who likes the game GF shills.

The idea that people hating some of the designs is somehow "people just want to hate stuff" is stupid
>>
>>29599599
Ironically that's the reason why people have been having heavy drops on the demo with an n3DS.
>>
>>29599593

If those QR battles give experience and can be level 100, we'll be fine. I hope they let you make level ups work like gen 1 if you want though, watching the exp bar come up 30 levels per mon gets annoying.
>>
>>29599736
>They had the chance to bring back autorun
Auto run literally has no purpose in the game especially when there's times where you want to go slow.
It's the very definition of an unnecessary gimmick feature
>>
>>29599889
I had no drops with my unhacked 3ds XL and I didn't really grasp how everyone else was but this would explain it.
>>
File: ss (2016-11-01 at 07.44.26).jpg (32KB, 243x360px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-11-01 at 07.44.26).jpg
32KB, 243x360px
>>29599493
Fucking this. I wish there was a sandbox mode or something, my recent playthrough of OR was fucking agonizing, partially because it was so easy but also because all I had in sight was finishing my pokedex and breeding at the battle resort.

Ironically, I find Pixelmon to be more entertaining these days.
>>
>>29599472
>The truth is a meme.
>>
>>29600038
It is. There are 81
>>
>>29599820
>pre-battle sprites
what are these? the sprites in the Pokemon menu?
>>
>>29599867
I definitely agree, and doing so was never my intention. I think OP was referring to how some people seem intent on being overly negative, and that's the point I was trying to make.

But of course there are valid criticisms. I have my gripes with what we've seen so far, like everyone else. And I don't expect everyone to share the same level of hype, because that's not just dumb, it's impossible.
>>
>>29599932
Maybe if GF weren't shitty developers and added more options to the fucking options menu we could switch these sort of things on and off at our leisure.
>>
I just want to see my favorite characters in the Battle Tree. If it's just Cynthia and a few pandering others, I'll be pretty upset.

Lemme see a full sized Diantha model, please.
>>
>>29600111
You mean like the B button?
>>
>>29600111
post numbers !
>>
>>29600207
How about for shit like the DexNav where you want to go slowly? Having the shitty analog pad slip gets frustrating, and being able to turn off running would help alleviate these frustrations.

Of course, like I just said, GF has never been good at keeping basic quality of life features consistent.
>>
This shit looks like Yokai watch. Digimon is literally better now with Cyber Sleuth.
Pokemon needs to grow up with its audience, they started doing that with Johto which they should have continued.

Then they started doing stupid shit like edgy plotlines and fucking removing misty and brock from the anime.

Pokemon really failed its first generation of players
I wish we got some shit that isn't Go
>>
>>29599357
>exp share with BW scaling
wait is this conformed ? because i hated that so much
>>
>>29600360
>Digimon is literally better now with Cyber Sleuth.
CS is shit though. Even Pokemon has more elaborate gameplay than that.
>>
>>29600360
>le mad genwunner is mad
>>
Z-Moves don't interest me at all
>>
All the Kanto pandering just bores me to tears. I played through Y a few months ago and it was annoying seeing so many old Pokemon whenever I entered a patch of grass. Now there's more old Pokemon and old characters while having a low amount of new Pokes again. I just want fresh stuff in my new game.
>>
>>29600436
same
>>
File: b30.png (288KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
b30.png
288KB, 394x370px
>>29600360
>giving a fraction of a shit about the anime
>complaining about the character designs when there's so many more prevalent issues that actually affect the gameplay
>implying digimon has ever been not shit

>>29600436
Also this, GF has feature ADHD; shove something half-baked into the game and scrap all the new stuff every other iteration.
>>
File: 1477710848758.png (104KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1477710848758.png
104KB, 320x287px
>>29600448
>says that he doesn`t want old mons
>proceeds to shit on BW for having 156 new mons with no older mons
>>
>>29599611

Has anyone ever legitimately pondered about the fact that we're going to have to be forced to ride Tauros to hatch our eggs?

Because yeah.
>>
>>29600528
nice imagination budd
>>
>>29600427
>Every mon can utilize every skill
>Not elaborate

>>29600429
Fuck off. I know I'm surrounded by contrarians on this board, but Generation 2 and 1 were thematically the best. They were like being the hero of a classic 80s adventure movie. Just you and your fucking monster palls kicking ass in this strange majestic environment.

Pokemon hasn't been able to replicate that at all.
They refined the gameplay, and made the games muuuch better on a technical level, but Generation 1 crushes the others on themes and subject matter

The fucking pokemon mansion!
>>
>>29599357
>BW scaling
When was this confirmed?
>>
>>29600549
im just talking about the majority of /vp/ not this particular post actually
>>
>>29600551
>>Every mon can utilize every skill
>>Not elaborate
How is that elaborate if everything can use everything?
It's basically just being lazy with everything but the special moves.
>>
>EXP Share
>BW Scaling

Fucking why, just bring back Platinum level scaling.
>>
>>29600598
You mean the scaling they used in every game?
Gen 5 was the only game that changed it.
>>
File: balding science man.jpg (84KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
balding science man.jpg
84KB, 878x814px
>>29599357
I'm worried because A) people said there was handholding all over the place in the demo, and that's what made XY drive me up the fucking wall, and B) every transition into battle takes, like, twenty seconds. I could make myself a bagel and pop it in the microwave while a battle starts, then get it out and eat it while the animation for a Z-move plays. That's not a good thing.
>>
>>29599449
And removing triple and rotation battles, but that literally affects only me and that one other guy who played those formats.
>>
>>29600622
>A) people said there was handholding all over the place in the demo
It's a demo for Pokemon, what did you expect?

>B) every transition into battle takes, like, twenty seconds
That's only really a problem on the O3DS.
>>
>>29600575
>>29600381

I don't think it was officially confirmed but someone here was tracking his EXP gains in the demo and realized the exp was curved downward like in BW
>>
>>29600551
you mean the fact that they changed the boring ass story of gen 1&2 that don´t even involve the legendaries is better than you facing GODS ?
>>
>>29600596
You have to throw them around the evolution tree to get what you want, its a hell of a lot more streamlined than breeding.

The PVP allows for reviving mons with other mons and rejuvenating SP as well as full teams of 11 and more moves than that shitty standard of 4 pokemon sticks to just so they dont rupture everyone's autism.
Battles are a lot longer, and require you to keep track of what exactly went down during previous moves, because if you're not paying attention, a late game sweep could easily mean a loss for the sweeper
tying the victory to knockouts instead of the whole party going down was a stroke of genius
>>
File: 1433218990482.jpg (36KB, 529x566px) Image search: [Google]
1433218990482.jpg
36KB, 529x566px
>>29600634
>mfw inverse still isn't an online option
>>
>>29600634
I would have been all over triple battles if it weren't for those weird adjacency restrictions. My dream is for a full on party battle mode where there's no switching, just a chaos of moves and seeing who survives.
>>
>>29599357
Even less catchable pokemon than Gen VI

Only added about the same amount of new pokemon as Gen VI

It's shit.
>>
I think for me one of the best things the games have done is in BW have only new Pokemon and then in XY to increase the amount of Pokemon to appear.

I know the demo is just a taste, but having only 3 Pokemon pop up is a bit disnhearting and I'm guessing the rest will be populated with a ton of older Pokemon to make up for the lack of new ones.
>>
>>29600688
That's the shit that ruined pokemon. They had to take it to SPACE like everything that gets ruined.
I mean seriously, there was an air of wonder, traversing this lost world. But nah fuck moving around undiscovered areas on earth we have SPACE AND GODS AND GUNS
Seriously?
>>
>>29600663
Iunno. Back in gen IV, you didn't have shitty rivals popping up all the time to remind you what town you need to go to next. And people didn't block the way if you hadn't watched all the pointless cutscenes.

Maybe I'm more worried that the writing will be shit. Iunno.
>>
File: HX6cHHO.png (216KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
HX6cHHO.png
216KB, 480x480px
>>29600733
>mfw I transfer my living dex over and complete the national one before endgame
>>
>>29600688
I actually think that the
>facing GODS
thing is a letdown in general. It screws up any sense of scaling or development in the story.

That said, I think Black and White and X and Y actually handled legends better on that front. The legendaries were subjects of legends, but not actually the movers and shakers of the plot, nor were they responsible for literal aspects of existence. They were the stuff of legends, not the stuff of myths.
>>
>>29600806
>not reaching the endgame for two months after release
holy shit dude
>>
>>29600753
then just stop buying the games, stop watching the anime because pokemon just isnt for you anymore
>>
>>29600693
>You have to throw them around the evolution tree to get what you want
Anon, excessive grinding isn't an elaborate system.
In the end you're just grinding a mon to a certain level, evolving them, grinding them, devolving, evolve down another path and so on.

That's an extremely simple yet tedious system.

As for the PVP, I know I've played the game and I had to enter that side of the game to get that trophy, thank god for bots otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it due to the near dead community. In any case, having the ability to revive and heal like that isn't a particularly good system either as it just elongates the game into something worse than the stall we have in Pokemon which is another reason why I hated playing with another player, matches take forever with another player.

>as well as full teams of 11
Again, more grinding. This time however on subsequent playthroughs a single run won't give you enough memory up/DX to have a team full of mon unless you fill it up with fodder champions and a few Ultimates.

>Battles are a lot longer, and require you to keep track of what exactly went down during previous moves
Having longer battles doesn't make the game better. Arguably it makes it worse turning them into wars of attrition. That said keeping track of the battle isn't something that's exclusive to CS, that applies to every PVP game on the face of the planet RPG or not.
>>
>>29600942

You do realize the demo's just a demo, right.

I mean, that shit pissed me off too, but seriously, it's a D E M O.

Don't think too much about it.

And I highly doubt there'll be difficulty modes.
>>
>>29600546
>we'll be forced to ride a bike reskin
the horror
>>
>>29600942
>>Pokemon marketing team seems to give no fucks about spoiling every single thing about the game, so I feel like there won't many any surprises left.
I find these complaints fucking retarded. Don't follow the game if you care so much.

>b-but it takes effort
Then you didn't care.

Everyone that "cares so much" is the first one to slingshot itself into legit leak threads when they come up, effectively changing fuck all.
>>
>>29600902
What? I've got my living dex complete since yesterday, and now there will only be 80-odd more spots to fill and I'll be done again.
>>
>>29599357
-Another small amount of new pokemon
-I personally dislike at least half of the new pokemon and an meh on most of the rest
-Alola forms are almost all terrible, and there are way fewer of them than XY had Mega evolutions
-Trials are piss easy and they're replacing gyms
-The genwun pandering is in maximum overdrive
-Seems like we won't get an actual Battle Frontier-style location until the third version(if at all) since it says in the trailers that the facility is being built.
>>
>>29600942
>no announcement of difficulty modes yet
Time to let go.
>>
I'm worried that the price for Bank increases after January's update. We're going to be paying for a Pokedex too, after all.
>>
>>29601053
bank won't be updated for sun and moon until january fampai
>>
>>29601076
>-Seems like we won't get an actual Battle Frontier-style location until the third version(if at all) since it says in the trailers that the facility is being built.
What the fuck?

>Trials are piss easy and they're replacing gyms
Literally no change in difficulty.
>>
>>29599932
>running without hassle
>gimmick feature
You arent hiding your shitposting well anon

>>29599780
Yeah, that's a reason why I'm remaining neutral on the overworld. A lot of trailer places already look a little barren.

>>29600097
That is indeed true, and annoying. I just see a lot of people responding to the overly negative people by being overly positive, and these people always get less scrutiny for their actions.
>>
>>29601047
>Pressing B all the time
>>
>>29600753
Diamond and Pearl, in particular, are guilty of this shit.

They keep trying to one-up themselves by making the consequences bigger and bigger with every game. First, you liberate a city from TR. Then you have to prevent a natural disaster. Then you have to prevent a guy from rewriting the fucking universe. Instead of just "the winged mirages" and "birb that gives you good luck," suddenly pokémon are embodying time and space and life and death - and that's boring as all hell. Very few people are gonna claim that fourth- or fifth-gen box legendaries are their favorites compared to, say, the Regis or Mew and Mewtwo.

>>29600930
If pokémon isn't for us anymore, surely that's a good reason to be angry at Game Freak.

When someone complains on the internet, they're not asking for advice. They're asking for validation. They want you to say "yeah, I agree," or "no, you're being a faggot." Usually, they get the latter, so people start arguing about whether or not it's a valid complaint. If the argument gets big enough (see: Mass Effect 3,) the company takes notice of the complaint and tries to fix it somehow. But that only rarely happens; anon honestly just wants to know if his anger is justified.

And it totally is, because getting bigger and bigger every time isn't just unsustainable, it's almost universally detrimental.

>>29600942
You're right on a lot of shit, but
> not wanting the game to be largely spoiled so you know whether or not it's worth spending your money on
I purchased X on day one, and boy-oh-boy was that a mistake.
>>
File: 1477349482018.jpg (24KB, 600x567px) Image search: [Google]
1477349482018.jpg
24KB, 600x567px
>>29600984
>who levels all his pokemon past lvl 60 for no reason
anon you do know that the BW post game level range is 62+ right ?
>>
>>29601141
RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29601213
Right! Legendary pokemon used to be genetic experiments and cryptids with some written lore.
Now they're all literally confirmed gods with time warping abilities that are still subject to human inventions like a pokeball?
>>
>>29601190
>>running without hassle
>>gimmick feature
Except it is a hassle anon. Instead of simply lifting your thumb off of the B button you have to pull out the stylus and tap the icon on the screen if you want to avoid fingerprints on the screen.

How exactly is holding down a button a hassle in an RPG anyway?
>>
>>29601130
>bank is a free download
>the subscription fee only covers cloud storage
>hurr durr they'll charge for new features

Quit being dumb.
>>
>>29599357
Hes dumbo
>>
>>29600688
The Johto story is fucking great though. It's a lot more laid back and feels like a real adventure.

I dont want to go into the second town and see the evil team leader lecturing a crowd and seeing everyone who will follow me for the entire story, where the whole region feels in service of the singular plot
>>
>>29601279
Hey, if they can charge 15 bucks for a 3D dex, who's to say they won't be cheap here?
>>
>>29601202
>too lazy to press a fucking button
kids these days
>>
>>29600038
>>29600000
>>
>>29601331
It's not like the dex has gone up in price anon.
In fact it's gone on sale several times.
>>
>>29601213
>If pokémon isn't for us anymore, surely that's a good reason to be angry at Game Freak.
no that just means that your tastes have changed and you´re no longer pleased with pokemon because every franchise change over time whether you like it or not
>>
>>29601213
>If pokémon isn't for us anymore, surely that's a good reason to be angry at Game Freak.
Uh no, it isn't.
Why would it be?
>>
>>29601375
At the same time though, it's not like we've got a replacement.
>>
>>29599599
>boost clock speed
>time goes twice as fast
>>
>>29600942
>>The demo felt very shallow, both story-wise and gameplay-wise, which could be an indicator of the quality of the full game
You do realize a demo isn't supposed to be amazing, right?

>>demo framerate
What's with this meme? I have yet to experience any framerate issues with the demo.
>>
>>29601264
le magic bird of rainbow
that was an ``old school´´ legendary mon
>>
>>29599357
>Why does everyone think these games are going to be bad?
Only a vocal minority thinks these games will be bad anon.
>>
>>29601403
There's quite a few now.
SMT
Moco Moco
DQM
Monster Hunter Stories
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Digimon Next Order
Appmon Cyber Arena
Even Yokai Watch
>>
>>29601278
>its a hassle if I make up this special criteria for needing to press the button.

It doesnt even have to be the touchscreen. The D-Pad is useless now. Plus, it was still an option. If you find it a hassle, you can still do it the old way

You are seriously defending the removal of a convenient feature for what? to shit on HGSS? I dont get it
>>
>>29601403
>what is yo-kai watch
>>
Framerate.
It was terrible even on N3DS.
>>
>>29599357
I don't think they are going to be bad.
Sure at this point is highly unlikely they'll be my favorite, but they'll at least be middle of the road, better than gens 1, 2, and 6.

My main concern right now is the post-game. Seeing Red and Green out of the facility with a full team is promising, but not enough to make me confident.
>>
>>29601367
True. But to add a feature that is already a paid standalone app to a subscription service feels a bit like a "premium" option if you ask me.

Though the reason the original was so expensive might be due to the movedex and quizzes built in.
>>
Not just the low number of new pokemon, but the way that the low number makes the roster feel, if that makes sense. There's no good reason for a pokemon like Drampa to not be a part of an evolutionary line. Given that age is its central design point it almost looks out of place without it.

A lot of my concern also has to do with the fact that its hard to trust gamefreak to put very much depth into their creative concepts. There should be a lot more Alolan pokemon. I thought to myself that maybe this is them opening the door & more creativity is coming, but I also thought that with Megas & now there's no evidence they're making more of those to beef & spice up other downtrodden mons.

I also have kind of lost some of my hope for the totem fights after playing the tutorial, even though it was incredibly dumbed down. Maybe Wishiwashi in the rain will be tough, but I have a hard time seeing a pokemon getting a +1 to a random stat & summoning shitmons being that compelling.

In spite of all of this I'm still looking forward to the games because they still manage to get a lot right. I'm looking forward to a fresh setting & adventure even if the rest of the games are largely stale.
>>
>>29600942
The demo isn't supposed to be anything like the main game in this case, it's more of a teaser for people already interested in the game.

As for the framerate issues they seem to be very inconsistent across both 3DS and N3DS. I played it on N3DS and had no issues, but I've heard the same from people playing on 3DS and differently from people playing on N3DS like myself. The issue might be with something else, like available space on the SD card.

Also Gen V sold like ass, if you're expecting any aspects of it to return you don't understand how this works. Difficulty modes are extremely unlikely.
>>
File: clever disguise.gif (1MB, 339x242px) Image search: [Google]
clever disguise.gif
1MB, 339x242px
>>29601278
Not him, but:
> requires that you hold your hand a certain way for extensive periods of time, which can be uncomfortable
> uses up a button that could be used for something more valuable, like a shortcut to your item pocket or something
> fundamentally bad design - requires that the player hold a button more often than they release it - that makes GF look kinda stupid or too attached to its sacred 20th-century cows
> could potentially damage the button faster, maybe, I don't actually know shit about hardware

>>29601375
It's not our tastes that have changed - it's pokémon itself that's changed.

>>29601396
If you were my loyal husband (just roll with it) of 10 years, and I said "I'm divorcing you and marrying a guy with more money," you'd be pissed, right? You'd feel betrayed, because you thought your loyalty deserved to be rewarded, because that's how our culture works, right?

Well, maybe, the Japanese don't care about the concept of a "fanbase." Or maybe nobody there over 18 plays pokémon. But it's not what we expect here in the west. And that makes us angry.
>>
>>29601533
>The D-Pad is useless now
You do realise if it has a use then it's not useless right? They're literally hotkeys for the Poke Ride
You'd have a point if it was in Gen 6 where the circle pad and D-pad had the same actions essentially but not any more.

>You are seriously defending the removal of a convenient feature for what?
I don't think you understand what convenient means.
Just so you know, something isn't more convenient if it's more cumbersome than the previous method. Nor is it more convenient if it has no real use.
>>
File: 1476218962115s.jpg (2KB, 86x124px) Image search: [Google]
1476218962115s.jpg
2KB, 86x124px
>>29601576
>not being scared of Whishiwashi calling is other transforming friends in the fucking RAIN
>>
>>29601598
>If you were my loyal husband (just roll with it)
Yeah no.
There is no loyalty when it comes to companies. They're not your friends
>>
>>29601576
I can't wait to see Drayano work on SM just to see what kind of bullshit can be pulled for Totem fights
>>
File: 1476905414001.png (1MB, 1545x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1476905414001.png
1MB, 1545x2000px
I know the map is much larger than what it seems but I hope it takes me at least 80hrs to clear it.

Im concerned that Hau really is the only rival. Hopefully the Gladion stuff is true.

All of those lorethreads and the IT ALL COMES TOGETHER stuff got my hopes up on the story. But I know it won't be anywhere near as complex
>>29599683
Maybe I understood it wrong, but I thought the battle tree was something like the battle subway and Red and Green(Bkue) were something like Ingo and Emett
>>29600942
I thought they made every pokemon available between XY and ORAS because they were planning to make a jump like the one from gen 2 to gen 3
>>
>>29599611
Press b to hatch eggs.

It's not going to be fun.
>>
>>29601598
>It's not our tastes that have changed - it's pokémon itself that's changed.
Every franchise change with the times because they either change or they flunk in the abyss of ``ONLY 90`s KIDS WILL REMEMBER XD´´ posts
>>
>>29600688
That is literally the dumbest rebuttal. Yes, ppl happened to like the smaller scale nature of 1 and 2, and battling god every goddamn time got boring quick. Black white 1were the only games to do something different from that tired template if extremist wants legendary to reshape the world nonsense. SM may also try something different, but the big grandiose plots are not a better alternative per se
>>
>>29601627
It isnt more cumbersome, unless you think holding down B is more convenient than holding down nothing.

The D-Pad is an example, and was only made the PokeRide hotkey because they decided it was. It's not like that is the only possible use it could have.

And you are basing its usefulness entirely around the fact that you disliked it.
>>
File: 1476083829810.jpg (16KB, 296x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476083829810.jpg
16KB, 296x400px
>>29600787
>Iunno
please fucking die
>>
>>29600321
We don't have dex navigation anymore anon, it's called rare encounters, basically a 5th gen thing.
>>
File: 1465870170434.png (295KB, 576x699px) Image search: [Google]
1465870170434.png
295KB, 576x699px
>>29601556
>>29601525
None of these have the gameplay and scope of Pokemon though; it's a HUGE system constantly hampered down by the story bullshit they insist we trudge through. I want that but not all the retardation that comes with GF.

>yo-kai watch
stop this fucking meme
>>
>>29601598
>> requires that you hold your hand a certain way for extensive periods of time, which can be uncomfortable
The only way I could see this being uncomfortable is if you have grossly oversized hands or are incredibly fat. With that said you're thumb is going to be resting naturally in that position anyway so that's a moot point.
>> uses up a button that could be used for something more valuable, like a shortcut to your item pocket or something
That's the thing, that button as is has a considerably less cumbersome function.
To make it simple imagine if sneaking was in HGSS and the only way to toggle running on and off was the auto run on the touchscreen. What would you say is better for the player an instant slow down in releasing the B button or adjusting your hand placement to reach over to the auto run toggle or even remove your stylus to do so.
>> fundamentally bad design - requires that the player hold a button more often than they release it - that makes GF look kinda stupid or too attached to its sacred 20th-century cows
That's not really bad design. In fact plenty of games do it because it give players better control of their avatar. I'd say the only game that does this bad is GTA as you have to tap the run button multiple times to maintain your top speed which brings us to the next point.
>> could potentially damage the button faster, maybe, I don't actually know shit about hardware
The only way you would damage it is through extensive use like GTA or using excessive force. Of course there's natural wear and tear but that won't happen for years with the system we have.
>>
>>29600942
>they're still keeping IVs the same
Why shouldn't they? Now that they've added hyper training I don't see any problems with the system.
>>
>>29600360
>Cyberslut is good
wipe this meme of the face of the earth
If you'd said SMT, I would have gone along with you.
>>
I'm really am worried about Z-moves and the competitive status of it.

Could it be used as an easy threat remover?

What are the base stats of the Z-moves?
>>
>>29601076
>-Seems like we won't get an actual Battle Frontier-style location until the third version(if at all) since it says in the trailers that the facility is being built.

Where are you seeing this? The only thing I remember being under construction in the trailers is the League. Plus we definitely have the battle tree, which may very well have multiple modes like a Frontier.
>>
>>29601782
chill bro i was shitposting but i actually like both types of story: you can have a nice comfy story that is all about the journey rather then becoming champion or you can have an ``edgy´´ story where the world is on the verge of being destroyed and only you an the friends you gained on your journey can the stop the destruction
>>
>>29601958
>I'm really am worried about Z-moves and the competitive status of it.

they're worse elemental gems. There's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>29601846
DQM has been better than any Pokemon game GF has shit out on the 3DS
>>
>>29601878
>What would you say is better for the player an instant slow down in releasing the B button or adjusting your hand placement to reach over to the auto run toggle or even remove your stylus to do so.
Both would be available so people can control thier avatar however they want. Instead of the developers telling me which way I will like more
>>
>>29601958
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/zmoves.shtml

Though, my concern is, the stronger the base move, the stronger the Z move, so unless you are running the strongest moves of that type you might as well not use the Z move at all.

Would have been better if like, the weaker Z moves came with guaranteed status or something to balance out the lowered power, and also give a lot of customization
>>
>>29601885
Anon hyper training will probably be fucking terrible and only usable on legendary mons and mons with already decent IVs because those caps don´t look like they are easy to get
>>
>>29602021
Wasn't there some stuff about explosion receiving a ridiculous boost without killing your pokemon?
>>
File: 16-20_20140612212514986s.png (184KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
16-20_20140612212514986s.png
184KB, 400x264px
>>29601846
>DQM
>not having better gameplay and scope than Pokemon
>>
>>29601958
Z-move power varies with what the base move was. From what dataminers found in the demo they don't even look that powerful, especially considering that you only get one per battle. They'll pretty much be like gems except you only get 1 per team. The exception is the unique Z-moves like Eevee's - depending on what else gets those / what their uniques do, those could actually be significant.
>>
>>29601797
>unless you think holding down B is more convenient than holding down nothing.
So what you're saying is that a toggle that doesn't require you to shift your hand placement to turn off is somehow more cumbersome to the player than one that may?

> It's not like that is the only possible use it could have.
It kind of is seeing as the Poke ride works as the new HM system. It's all about ease of access and having the player constantly have to access the item to do something that would come up a lot isn't a very good or player friendly idea.

>And you are basing its usefulness entirely around the fact that you disliked it.
As opposed to you basing it around the fact that you liked it?
In any case I'm indifferent to it, but even I can see that it serves no tangible purpose in the games that the B button didn't achieve on it's own. All it did was take up touchscreen space.

>>29602066
>Both would be available so people can control thier avatar however they want.
That's not really a point.
The system as it is now allows for better control of the avatar with more precision than if it were just the toggle.
>>
>>29602084
Yeah but you don't need to use them on anything other than legendaries / shinies because breeding mechanics are so good.
>>
>>29602101
No, it's just STAB Acrobatics with a Flying Gem in Gen V reached the same power as Explosion, but you didn't kill yourself. Because the Gem activates before the move happens, it got the Gem boost, and the item-less boost at the same time.
>>
>>29602136
> breeding mechanics are so good
yeah....right....
>>
>>29602168
I assume they were talking about the possibility of using normal Z crystal with explosion as the base to get a crazy nuke that wouldn't KO you. I would hope that using explosion as the base would make the Z-move also KO yourself, but we don't know yet.

>>29602176
They are though. Breeding for competitive is legitimately very fast.
>>
File: PSqYZ.gif (20KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
PSqYZ.gif
20KB, 328x328px
>>29602176
Git gud, git motivated, git creative. Pokemon is by no means balanced but you can STILL fuck up the meta even in VGC.
>>
>>29602124
Yes.

Im sacrificing having to move my hand once for the chance to not have to move my hand at all for an extended period of time. Many people find that more convenient, including me, and an option for that would help me without hurting you.

>As opposed to you basing it around the fact that you liked it?
Yes, an optional feature staying because some like it makes sense. An optional feature going because some dont does not make sense

>>29602124
since that was me again, its not JUST the toggle. You are arguing based on running by pressing B disappearing, which I have never mentioned
>>

What does this mean? No more exp all like in gen 6?
>>
>>29599541
We're getting rustling grass back, so it might contain higher level or rare Pokemon to fight in the wild, so I wouldn't be worried. Plus Gen 6 EXP Share.
>>
>>29599357
My one and ONLY issue with them is alola forms. They seriously should not exist and I have nothing against genwun.

[still gonna buy the game though, I plan on KOing / boxing any alola forms I find]
>>
>>29602301
I think alola formes are a really good concept, I just wish they had executed them better / not just given them to kanto mons.
>>
>>29602288
Gen 5 scaling made it so that lower level team members got more EXP opposed to your higher level guys. With Gen 6's EXP share on, in theory, it should result in your newly caught lower level mons able to catch up to your higher leveled members in short time, without overleveling the higher ones.
>>
>>29601170
>>29601990
Seems like the Tree is just a small Frontier wannabe. There's no facility anywhere on the map from the datamine.
>>
>>29602288
Adding onto my post here >>29602337
The problem with Gen 6's EXP share was the fact that your lead member (+ contributing members if you switch) got 100% amount of EXP, while the rest of your team got 50% of it each. This led to overleveling too easily.

Adding the Gen 5 scaling EXP will hopefully resolve the issue.
>>
>>29602390
I recall the scaling being too lenient. It either didn't cut your exp gain enough when you were above the level of the opponent or it didn't start at all until you were a couple levels higher.

It's been forever so I don't remember which one of those two it was, but it wasn't perfect.
>>
I'm not big on the lack of new pokemon or even the designs of the ones that actually are new.

Since discovering cool new pokemon to train is 80% of my enjoyment with these games, I doubt I'm going to love SM but I'll still probably enjoy them somewhat.
>>
File: guzma shades.png (184KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
guzma shades.png
184KB, 300x300px
Only thing that really worries me is how few 3-stage 'mons there are and as a result many of the new 'mons that arn't legendaries or starters being rather underpowered.

But I'm also hopeful some of the new 'mons will bring some surprises.

I'm pretty confident Sun/Moon will be a more enjoyable experience than XY. XYs main game was a bit on the weaker side, but I still got enjoyment from playing with my pals.
>>
>>29601665
Maybe there shouldn't be, but there is, and GF doesn't respect it.
>>
>>29600634
So 5% of /vp/?
>>
>>29602441
I'm honestly not sure. Probably gonna guess it went the latter. Nah, it wasn't perfect, but it was fine. I'm sure they've tweaked it since then.
>>
>>29601809
> not using Iunno
Iunno, anon, maybe you're the one who should suicide.
>>
>>29602283
>Im sacrificing having to move my hand once for the chance to not have to move my hand at all for an extended period of time.
I don't think you understand.
For both options you have to move some part of you. For the B button it's just a thumb which you will do in regular play as it is. For the toggle it's your entire hand due to the placement of it.
Not to mention you'll be switching off the toggle just as much as you would with the B button so that "extended period of time" is kind of a moot point. Especially in 3D games which Pokemon has now fully transitioned into.

>Many people find that more convenient, including me, and an option for that would help me without hurting you.
There's a fairly big difference between finding something convenient and it actually being convenient anon. If you have to adjust your position more than the previous setting/preference/placement whatever you want to go with, then it's not really a convenient solution no matter how hard you want to believe it.

>Yes, an optional feature staying because some like it makes sense.
You're entering hazy territory anon. Just because it's a liked feature doesn't mean it's a good or a useful one as taste in general is subjective whereas function is objective.

>An optional feature going because some dont does not make sense
Again, I have no strong feelings towards it one way or the other. However I can see why they wouldn't include it because it doesn't have a justifiable use that benefits the player over the B button. It's why many games nowadays have a button dedicated to sprinting/running etc rather than a toggle like in HG/SS. Come to think of it a toggle is pretty archaic nowadays.

>You are arguing based on running by pressing B disappearing
Actually I'm not. I'm trying to explain to you why a toggle has no purpose over the B button not that the B button would disappear. You on the other hand seem to be focusing on the example I gave to convey how it's more cumbersome on the player.
>>
>>29600528
Not that guy, but I agree with him 100% and BW are my favorite games for that very reason you cunt.
>>
>>29602514
>I'm pretty confident Sun/Moon will be a more enjoyable experience than XY.
I'd hope so. Having the gym leaders and the elite 4+champ show up in the Battle chateau and the gym leaders only having TWO pokemon, the E4 having THREE, and the Champ having only FOUR. What kind of shit is that?

I was also disappointed by how hyped up the Megas were, but only four enemy megas being in the game, but at least that had a plot reason for being that way.
>>
>>29600622
>microwaving bagels
>>
I'm warming up to the small amount of new Pokemon because I like a lot of them.
But I'm disappointed in Alolan forms. For one, I think they dropped the ball on it by not doing as much as they could have plus not being all that imaginative with some of them whether it's the designs or the typings. Plus I'm afraid it's gonna be a single gen gimmick like Megas that won't return in later gens despite having huge potential for new forms for Pokemon throughout later gens.
Also don't like the FPS drops.
I don't care one bit about Z moves and I probably won't even use them once.

Other than those things I'm really looking forward to this game and I think it's gonna be great.
>>
File: some kind of joke.jpg (61KB, 463x562px) Image search: [Google]
some kind of joke.jpg
61KB, 463x562px
>>29602218
> Breeding for competitive is legitimately very fast.
Dear god. Try to look past the borders of pokémon for a second.

First, you need the knowhow. You need to understand what IVs are; how they, natures, and egg moves pass down from parents to offspring; and then you need to know what kind of stats and moves you want your 'mon to have. That alone takes a long time, and by far, the worst part of the process is that *game freak doesn't tell you what IVs are.*
> b-but you can practice online
Until Game Freak officially endorses your emulator of choice, that's not part of the design of pokémon.

Then you need to actually get pokémon with good IVs. Depending on how lucky you get both with catches and with wonder trades, this can take up to half an hour, maybe forty minutes. You have to go through your PC, six-by-six, and talk to the guy every time, writing down what he says. Everything that's 31, you mark. Then you return your 'mons to the box, rinse, and repeat. I mean, heaven forbid we be able to see the IVs of our pokémon, right?

So, you've already lost half an hour of your life, plus however long it took to understand this bullshit system. Let's be generous and say that's one hour, total. Now, how long is it gonna take to breed all those IVs onto one pokémon? Even if we ignore the egg group problem, that's gonna be four or five generations - plus maybe another to get all your egg moves in. Each generation takes... looks like it's about 5000 steps? Less for some, more for others. Can't find the speed of the XY bicycle, but the Mach Bike goes at 16 steps per second, so we'll use that. So, it takes 312 seconds at best to hatch each generation - that's about five minutes, so a complete pokémon is gonna take you about 25 minutes. Multiply by six to get 150 minutes - two and a half hours.

(1/?)
>>
>>29602616
> For the B button it's just a thumb which you will do in regular play as it is. For the toggle it's your entire hand due to the placement of it.
You are still focusing on the fact that it can only possibly be placed in a position where your whole hand can move, and that everyone naturally holds their hand in a way to make the B button the best choice at all times. Those are both large assumptions. Not to mention the toggle was placed in a way that all I needed to do was move my other thumb anyways. And no, the whole point of the toggle was that it would be kept on much longer than pressing B.

>There's a fairly big difference between finding something convenient and it actually being convenient anon
Not really? Both methods had advantages, and people could decide which one was more convenient for their play style. You seem unable to consider that other people may find it useful.

> If you have to adjust your position more than the previous setting/preference/placement whatever you want to go with, then it's not really a convenient solution no matter how hard you want to believe it.
Again, having to move my hand once for the opportunity to move less in general is a convenient option, that gave the added bonus of allowing people to do more things at once. the hand pressing down B could be used to do other things instead
>>
>>29601563
nope
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (61KB, 267x267px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
61KB, 267x267px
>>29603272
>First, you need the knowhow. You need to understand what IVs are; how they, natures, and egg moves pass down from parents to offspring; and then you need to know what kind of stats and moves you want your 'mon to have. That alone takes a long time, and by far, the worst part of the process is that *game freak doesn't tell you what IVs are.*
Learning about the mechanics of the game and exploiting them is what sets Pokemon apart from other monster collecting games. Hence why there isn't a Yo-Kai watch competitive scene. Fuckhead.
>>
>>29601264
Almost every new legendary has more lore and is more interesting than any of the boring ass shit from the earlier gens.
>>
Because after BW1 and Gen VI I can't trust GF on a good single player experience anymore and so far it looks like all the leaps and strides GF made the past generation to improve connectivity and getting into competitive are going out the window.
>>
>>29603422
This simply isnt true, unless you mean Generation 1 only.

There are a lot of legendaries now who's entire lore is based on thier pokedex entry and nothing else.
>>
Things that currently are bothering me about SM

>Low count of new pokemon
>Few and mostly bad Alola mons
>No new evolutions for old mons
>Totwm battles are easy mode and lack the character of gym battles
>Ultra beasts are dumb as hell
>>
>>29599357
Battle tower reskin 4.0 instead of battle frontier
>>
>>29603272
>That alone takes a long time,

nigga that all takes like five minutes to read up on
>>
File: this thread.gif (780KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.gif
780KB, 300x235px
>>29603272
Now throw in the problems that you often have to hatch multiple eggs per generation - especially for the final generation, where you need the right nature as well as the right IVs.

To be sure, if this isn't your first time breeding pokémon in an egg group, you can probably skip a few generations here. But that's not gonna help a new player who wants to breed his first competitive team.

So, you've lost four, maybe five hours of your life - using VERY generous estimates - reading the same messages a bunch of times and then going back and forth along the same route over and over again. (Or around and around Lumiose Tower, but that's the same problem.) And then, once you're done, you might want a different team sometime, or maybe an egg move that you neglected before.

The sum of all this is that breeding is a barrier-to-entry to competitive pokémon that blocks out everyone who isn't an autistic NEET. And, above all else, it's just unfun. If breeding were inherently fun, nothing would be wrong with it! But it's not. It's work. And it's not even rewarding, because GF decided that IVs should be invisible.

Another problem with IVs is that GF only includes them to make pokémon feel like special snowflakes, all different from each other. What's infuriating is that IVs fail at that, too!

You've got a mechanic that's invisible to the player, creates a barrier-to-entry to the highest levels of play, doesn't actually improve the experiences of anybody, and could be solved in about five minutes by one programmer on his fucking lunch break.

OP, this is why I'm so fucking un-hyped for sun and moon. The more I learn about video games, the more I look at pokémon and realize how completely incompetent Game Freak's designers and programmers are.
>>
File: 1476211948929.png (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476211948929.png
95KB, 640x480px
>>29599357
I'm excited but I feel like I'm over hyping it, there aren't that many Pokemon I dislike but the low number bothers me considering I play Black and White a shit ton, and when X and Y came out I was very disappointed.

I do hope the game is good..
>>
>>29603544
>Sinnoh BF is dead forever
>>
File: were your parents related.png (53KB, 335x275px) Image search: [Google]
were your parents related.png
53KB, 335x275px
>>29603545
Being able to read something in five minutes doesn't mean you'll understand it in five minutes, let alone be able to implement it practically once those five minutes are up. It takes me only a few minutes to read through a chapter in my mathematics textbook, but it takes time and practice for me to understand what it's trying to teach me.

And it takes more than five minutes just to read about it, let alone to understand.

>>29603391
Are you saying that you think IVs make pokémon's competitive scene more interesting? Because "31 across the board, except in the attack stat you don't use" really doesn't provide much strategic depth, I think.
>>
>>29603774
The only good part of that was the Battle Factory anyways
>>
File: 1471049043292.gif (361KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1471049043292.gif
361KB, 600x450px
>>29603272
>>29603686
>>29603798
>Breeding for a specific HP
>>
File: herface.png (83KB, 268x282px) Image search: [Google]
herface.png
83KB, 268x282px
>>29603272
>>29603686
As much as you hate everything you talked about, I like all that stuff. I have a lot of fun breeding, it's my favorite part of the franchise, even more than battleing. So consider this your daily reminder that the only incompetent person here is you, and the only thing your incompetent at is discerning your opinion from fact.
>>
>>29599357

Please tell me this isn't real, the BW scaling was what made Gen 5 the worst of them all.
>>
>>29603798
It's pretty simple, so yes, five minutes to read and understand. It'll take much longer to gather the materials you need to actually do it if you don't have them all already.

IV Breeding itself is a huge waste of time, though. Thankfully Hyper Training circumvents any need.
>>
File: 1365134039755.jpg (7KB, 125x131px) Image search: [Google]
1365134039755.jpg
7KB, 125x131px
>>29603909
why? because you couldn't just mindlessly grind to beat everything?

the gen 5 exp curve was the best, it made it easy to raise lower leveled Pokemon without making it retard broken like the new exp share does.
>>
i just want it to be some what difficult
>>
>>29603927
We don't know if Hyper Training will actually be viable or not yet. For all we know it'll be locked behind some retarded minigame that actually takes longer to do than the traditional method like Super Training
>>
>>29603953
>the gen 5 exp curve was the best

Are you fucking retarded? Yes, I like grinding so I can be better prepared, but Gen 5's curve made it so mindboggling slow that I actually just quit playing Black when I fucking reached Nimbasa. Gen 6's Exp Share wouldn't make this better, because I still get cucked by the fact my Pokémon are getting stronger and less Exp.

I swear to god that this is just a retarded meme and Game Freak didn't actually bring this shit back, that'd make S/M so much fucking worse for me.
>>
>>29603391
But there is a Yokai Watch competitive scene and it's honestly more entertaining than Pokemon
>>
>>29603880
There are also people who enjoy scat fetishism, but that doesn't mean the rest of us should be forced to do it, too.

>>29603927
The only person who would say that it's simple is someone who already understands it. I think that matrix-vector multiplication is simple, because I understand it, but most people aren't gonna feel that way.
>>
>>29600702
You and be both, brother.
I'm hoping we'll at least get a Battle Tree mode.

But that's a bit of a stretch.

It had the potential to be a really great alternative meta, but Game Freak just didn't give a shit about it.
>>
>>29604026
>Yes, I like grinding so I can be better prepared
Don't you mean so that you can just brute-force any and all difficulty? I mean it isn't very hard to begin with, but when you can just oneshot everything...
>>
>>29603993
Get to level 100 and have a special item which, at worst, you can easily get someone to trade you some. That's it.

The only real issue is Gen V EXP Scaling is back, so it may take forever to hit 100.
>>
>>29604071
>we will never see a world where Parasect gets sent to a banlist
>>
>>29604081
Pokemon is a jrpg, grinding should be a necessary part of the game, and it is if you always run monotype teams or NFE teams in game like me.
>>
>>29601649
The demo does its job well. You battle Pokemon and catch Pokemon, the basis for the full game.

You should not expect a gripping story in a demo, that's what the main games are for. (lol story in a Pokemon game)

If you were expecting something amazing from a demo, you're only letting yourself down.
>>
>>29604081
The games aren't difficult at all, ever. When the game is literally cucking you out of exp, all it does is waste your time because you have to spend 3 turns killing Elesa's Emolga instead of 2.
>>
>>29599357
Every time a new game comes out, there's a loud minority on /vp/ that screams about how the franchise is dead and they'll never buy a video game again because they're just going to kill themselves. Ignore them. The game looks great.
>>
>>29604062
>most people aren't gonna feel that way.
Most people are fucking stupid
>>
>>29604093
> we will never see a world where Avalugg defines the Ubers metagame
>>
File: 1472703478459.jpg (55KB, 411x496px) Image search: [Google]
1472703478459.jpg
55KB, 411x496px
>>29604101
>grinding should be a necessary part of the game
>>
>>29603880
Some people like competitive pokemon but don't have the time or don't like doing that. They shouldn't have to buy parent pokemon with perfect IVs that are probably hacked.
>>
>>29604081
To give you an example, I'm playing Rising Ruby right now, there are times where the level curve just spikes, like Tabitha's fight at the Weather Insititute. His Pokémon were at level 46 while mine were just around level 40. After that, I decided to grind so I could keep up and battles didn't end up being as torturous as Tabitha's. S/M will probably be much easier than that, but Gen V's Exp mechanic would fucking ruin any chance of meaningful grinding, to the point where it gets so boring I just drop the games again.

Fuck that shit, if that retarded mechanic is back, I'll be so fucking disappointed.
>>
>>29604168

I feel that it's necessary, but it should be made as enjoyable and speedy as possible, without being effortless.
>>
>>29604101
> grinding should be a necessary part of the game
Please tell me you're baiting. Please, please tell me so.

>>29604153
Even most smart people don't take well to math, dude. Especially when they can't see the geometric interpretation of what they're doing.
>>
>>29599357

There's lots to be positive about, I've pre-ordered mine with the steelbook and figure etc. so this isn't just random hate. Here are my concerns:

>Too easy/Handholdy
>Not many new Pokemon
>Region doesn't seem that diverse and might be kinda small
>Player movement is weird, protagonist has a bigger 'hitbox' than is visible
>Sitting removed (Why?)
>Pressing A to enter a building
>Being prompted to press A to do things
>Rotomdex taking up too much bottom screen
>No more individual trainer music
>Another tropical region right off the back of OR/AS
>Interface looks ugly
>Still framerate issues

They're all pretty small woes separately, but when I combine them it just raises doubts in my mind as to what direction they're trying to take the games in and whether or not I'll enjoy them.
>>
>>29604030
>Slimamander and Shogunyan: The Experience
>>
>>29604184
The real issue there appears to be the level curve itself.
>>
>>29604202
so what you're saying is it shouldn't exist. Speedy grinding is an oxymoron, as games only require grinding when they want to artificially extend how long they are.
>>
>>29604267
Rotomdex is just a border for the bottom screen.
>>
File: sploosh.jpg (126KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
sploosh.jpg
126KB, 500x746px
>>29604161
>>29604093
Literally all I want is an auto-Inverse ability or a move. That's all.
>>
>>29604305
Regardless, the Gen V mechanic makes training Pokémon extremely slow and tedious. It alone ruined Gen V for me, and I don't want it ruining S/M too.
>>
File: 1471915347259.jpg (31KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1471915347259.jpg
31KB, 512x384px
>>29604101
>grinding should be a necessary part of the game
>>29604184
>comparing the base game to a hack

I'm not trying to convince you of anything- you're free to dislike whatever you want for whatever reason you want- but I gotta say that this is probably one of the worst reasons i've heard for not liking that scaling thing they tested out and I don't even like it myself.
>>
>>29604358
>not poking rotom in his eyes

>>29604399
Fuck that, I want inverse room
>>
>>29604093
>>29604161
Normal types are actually the OP ones in Inverse battles since they suddenly have perfect coverage
>>
>>29604062
>>29604180
I never said genning pokemon was a sin, all I meant to say was don't call game freak incompetent because you can't have fun with a vanilla pokemon game. They made a game lots of people enjoy, and if you want to enjoy it differently then good on you, go on ahead. Don't act like because you don't like a certain aspect of the game the developers are incompetent.
>>
>>29604438
>the Gen V mechanic makes training Pokémon extremely slow and tedious.
Not really, in fact it's designed to be fast as lower leveled mon gained more EXP. It just didn't allow you to over level.

If you feel like you're grinding that's a sign that you were ready to move on about five hours ago.
>>
>>29604486
And then you get fucked because the wild Pokémon were actually much lower levelled than the trainers' Pokémon, and the horrible mechanic made it impossible to keep up.
>>
>>29599357
>Post game is going to pretty much be a reskinned Battle Maison
>Small region
>No gyms
>Elite 4 will likely be rushed and boring
>Trials are pretty much just shitty fetch quests
>Easy as fuck
>Terrible framerate
>Ok at best music
>Didn't fix the shitty models and animations
>Bunch of useless features nobody will giv a shit anymore about after the first month
>Only 70 new pokemon
>No fossil
>No new megas
>Only 11 alolan forms, all of which are genwun
>Speaking of genwun, half of the regional pokedex is gen 1 pokemon
>No obvious mons like lunatone and solrock in the regional pokedex
>Even more handholding from Rotomdex
>Alolan Dugtrio
>>
>>29602538
No there isn't. Why are Americans so unable to grasp the fact that businesses see customers as walking bank notes?

The only 'loyalty' a business has is to keeping the MAJORITY of their customers happy. But loyalty to a single person? To you in particular? If they can make a hundred people happy in a way that makes you mad? Better prepare your anus.
>>
>>29599357
I'm incredibly excited for it myself, my only concerns are framerate with more complex looking Pokemon, and that the advertising department did a repeat of OrAs and blew everything again

I still believe OrAs would have had a way better reception if they kept the fucking Deoxys a secret
>>
>>29604590
>And then you get fucked because the wild Pokémon were actually much lower levelled than the trainers' Pokémon
1 to 5 levels isn't much lower leveled anon. Anything within 10 is manageable.

>and the horrible mechanic made it impossible to keep up.
Which is literally wrong. The scaling allowed lower leveled members of your team to keep up but not exceed the levels of the area.
>>
>>29604467
> if a player can't have fun, it's the player's fault
I want this fucking meme to end. If a player can't have fun, it's the game's fault. It might not be the designer's fault - for example, if the player isn't in the game's target audience - but it is always the game's fault. This is why there's no such thing as a perfect game.

Game Freak is incompetent because they're causing a very large number of people to not have fun. Let's think of all the people who are disadvantaged by the IV system:
> anyone who wants to get into competitive battling but thinks that breeding is too complicated
> anyone who wants to get into competitive battling but doesn't want to spend hours and hours being bored out of their skull
> anyone who does spend those hours and hours playing bike simulator
This is tens of thousands of people we're talking about.

But, most importantly,
> system fails to do what it's meant to do
This, COMBINED with the above, is why I call GF incompetent, above all else. This isn't just a quirk of the game that we have to work around - it's a strict disadvantage to every single player, ever. If the system succeeded in making each individual 'mon feel unique, I wouldn't complain so much about breeding.

And, you act like nobody's ever made your argument before. Unfortunately, "taste is subjective" does not make game design moot; if it did, we'd all have given up and gone home long ago. That you enjoy breeding pokémon is a fluke, unless you can provide justification as to why other people might also enjoy it. And I'd love to see such a thing, but I don't think you're going to provide one.
>>
>>29604676
I dunno, maybe I'm remember it all wrong since it's been such a long time since I last played Black, but honestly, I absolutely hated the grind, and I do believe it was the mechanic that I had to blame for it.

Though I just checked my Black game again, and... My team was 31-35, at Desert Resort. The only exception being a level 24 Sandile.
>>
>>29604732
>If a player can't have fun, it's the game's fault. It might not be the designer's fault - for example, if the player isn't in the game's target audience - but it is always the game's fault. This is why there's no such thing as a perfect game.
You literally just said that a game can be perfect for the genre it belongs to but a person can still dislike it because of personal preference.

That's literally the fault of the player and not the game.
>>
>>29604732
>unless you can provide justification as to why other people might also enjoy it.
Some people just, like, LIKE it, man.
>>
>>29603835
The arcade and castle were cool AF too. Battle tower was just kind of a requirement. in fact, i can't say i disliked any of the sinnoh BF facilities, except for the tower for being too plain.

Sinnoh's BF facilities were better than Emerald's.
But Emerald's BF has a cooler location to it. Sinnoh's felt cramped.
>>
>>29604799
>over 10 levels above the next gym leader
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>29604842
You gotta admit that the Battle Dojo, Pike, and Palace were all pretty great though.
>>
>>29604732
who hurt you
>>
>>29604856
I don't know, man, probably didn't remember that the Gym Leaders were that low. Besides, I did most grinding at Pinwheel before Burgh, I believe.
>>
>>29600448
Eh, I don't think gamefreak slowing down is a bad thing - it lets them give unnoticed Pokemon from the past a chance to shine

That said, they do kind of squander that in favour of slapping us in the face with Kanto as much as possible
>>
>>29600609
Actually, in BW they also changed the base exp that Pokemon give, and never changed it back. So technically, Platinum and XY have slightly different systems
>>
>>29604941
But why would you assume you would need to be that high level? Why would you think the level would just jump up by ~8 with just one route in between the gyms?
>>
>>29605018
I don't know, I was a retard 4-5 years ago.
>>
>>29600448
>>29604953

I'm getting used to GF's stance on not wanting to make a whole host of new Pokemon.

While that's understandable, I think they need to revamp their older Pokemon and give types unique characteristics.

For example, more cross gen evolutions and unique items to give gimmick Pokemon a competitive edge. In Yokai Watch 2, Jibanyan is a D rank Yokai but an item he can hold makes him on par with stronger Yokai.

And by unique characteristics, maybe giving Bug Pokemon another evolution and retconning their typings (Bug/Psychic Butterfree, Bug/Fairy Vivillon etc.)

What I'm saying is that GF should revamp their current assets if they don't wanna create a whole lot of new ones.
>>
>>29604626
You're looking at it backwards. What I mean is that customers have loyalty to businesses, not the other way around. Like I said: Maybe we shouldn't, but we do.

And I fail to see how this makes us less than living "bank notes." (Also, while I'm at it: fuck off, foreignfag. Get access to a flush toilet, then come back.) If companies do something we don't like, we put our money where our mouths are and stop buying that company's product. Y'see, American companies *know* that consumer loyalty exists, and they take advantage of it. That's why they all try to be as politically correct as possible, and post only the most inoffensive advertisements on their Twitter feeds.

Anon (hopefully) doesn't expect that Nintendo is gonna cater to his whims, but he is justified in being angry and getting feedback from us here on this board.

>>29604810
Okay, are you high? I didn't even come close to saying that a game can be perfect for its genre. I wouldn't say that, because it's not true. Maybe, maybe a game could be perfect for a single person, if we assume that taste is static and internally consistent. (Ha.)

More importantly, it's not the player's fault for having bias. I can't imagine how you could possibly think that - do you also blame people for what flavors they like? It's the game's fault for not appealing to those biases.

>>29604907
I'm honestly not sure. I think it's because I've had these conversations before, and it's infuriating to me that people think "lol it's subjective" is going to somehow shatter my argument - as if I haven't heard it a thousand times already.
>>
>>29605038
So your entire argument for not liking gen 5's EXP scaling mechanic is because you are retarded and basing off your memories from 4-5 years ago?
>>
>>29605078
I guess so. I suppose I really should replay B/W/B2/W2 now that I've grown up a bit.
>>
>>29605052
Eviolite should just give a Pokemon its evolution's stats and ability and cue up a menu when giving it to choose which evo for those who can still evolve multiple times or have a split
>>
>>29599357
The new dex is shit. That's the only problem I have. I always have a team of six, but I won't be able to do that with new pokemon I actually want to use this gen, so I'll almost certainly only run with Bropod, Lycanroc, Vikavolt, and Silvally if I can get it. Hate everything else or think they're to boring to have a place on my team.
>>
>>29599357
Camera was very bothersome not being able to move it

Just going to your back with Z would be nice
>>
>>29605130
*Like Z-targeting
>>
Where's my horde battles Gamefreak?

Please don't remove them. Its such a gamefreak thing to do too!
>>
>>29605052
>In Yokai Watch 2, Jibanyan is a D rank Yokai but an item he can hold makes him on par with stronger Yokai.

So a light ball?
>>
>>29605052
That's pretty much alola forms and mega evolutions, though?
>>
>>29601331
Probably because it's an annual fee

Which is better - losing a huge chunk of people due to a bump up to $10, or having parents go, "Oh it's only $5" and getting $15-25 each generation?

If we do get a price bump, it would be pretty small I'd think - enough that most people wouldn't think about it and keep paying each year rather than stopping and considering the amount they pay over a gen or two
>>
>>29601712
That's the thing that excites me most about Totem battles

Hacks are going to make that nuts. If even one Totem can get more than one boost from an aura, then a hack could likely easily make it give a massive boost in late game
>>
Performance is my top concern.

Even on my Luma3DS A9HL n3DS with clock boost I noticed lag in battles, and battle bond transformations.

You can even see lag in the actual trailers, especially doubles battles and evolution screens.
>>
>>29601572
The original was a way to help offset the cost of 3D models.
>>
>>29605372
Do we actually know the boost is always one stat?
We've only seen the first totem.
>>
File: 1476534028696.jpg (90KB, 563x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476534028696.jpg
90KB, 563x675px
>>29604026
>>29604081
>>29604184
>>29604305
>>29604438
>>29604486
>>29604590
>>29604676
>>29604799
>>29604856
>>29605018
>>29605038
>>29605078
>>29605092
This was a magical fucking ride. Like a god damn whodunit.
>>
>>29605372
>Totem Primarina appeared!
>Bursting Aura gives it +1 in every stat
>Totem Primarina used Aurora Veil
>Totem Primarina called for help...
>...Goodra (w/ Sap Sipper) and Lanturn (w/ Water Absorb) appeared!
>Totem Primarina used Surf!

i can totally see Dray doing something like this
>>
>>29604486
I never understood why people push this shit.

The game already made it harder to over level yourself. You stop gaining significant EXP from Pokemon in an area pretty quickly. All BW did was make it easier to level up a weaker Pokemon in your party, while subsequently making it harder to level up one that was on or around level.

Shit was already balanced and it didn't need fixing.
>>
>>29605504
I want to believe.
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>29605543
>not being able to overlevel your starter is bad
>>
>>29604168
I feel like if you trained a slow starter pokemon that later evolves into a badass, like Magikarp and Tynamo, you have to fight for it.
Part of the game is training monsters and build up "relationships" with them, and that's basically omitting a huge part of it.
>>
>>29605543
>>29605581
I don't know who is misreading what.
>>
>>29605504
If we can have multiple assisting pokemon, imagine the electric one with 5 charjabugs, w/ eviolite
>>
>>29605543
>All it did was help you raise weaker pokemon without overleveling ones already on par
And this is a problem, how?
>>
>>29605504
I wonder if you can code totems to use megastones
>>
>>29603798
HP varies based on whether you want the max HP to be divisible by a certain number to work better with substitute/healing or give you an extra turn against things like Sandstorm or Burns

Speed also varies - some Pokemon prefer 0

I'll grant you that the defenses need to be maxed and there is no option there

Makes me wonder if maybe IVs would be better if they went back to Gen I/II, where they were only from 0-15? Literally half the IVs, still provides many different sets and covers Hidden Power, still allows Pokemon to feel unique, but cuts a shit ton of the tedium as there are only 16,777,216 possible IV combinations instead of 1,073,741,824? In fact, go a step further and make it only 8 for each stat while also tossing in something that makes it advantageous to sometimes have a lower defense/special defense/special attack

Reduced to 262,144 possible combinations if you are starting from scratch, can be patched with the bottle caps if you have one that's close to what you wanted, still provides a range to mess with for certain strategies, and overall unclutters the system a bunch
>>
>>29605171
Considering the game does jitter a bit on non N3DS systems in a totem battle if all mons are on screen at once, I'm betting hoarde battles were removed for fear of setting the system on fire

I do hope we get them back along with Triple Battles later on, though, when we get a system that can handle the models/Gamefreak learns that they can cut down the models a bit to match the system and still keep the incredibly high detailed ones on hand for the future
>>
>>29602320
those are the specific reasons I dislike them, but idk if it was such a good concept. seems like they replaced what could have been some interesting new gen7 pokemon.
>>
>>29601337
>have to use either 2 hands to hatch or set down the 3ds and use one hand in a weird way

Besides, riding around something as big as a car isn't as fun as something that's smaller
>>
>>29599357
it's not even anything huge, just a series of small grievances (from me, at least)
>framerate issues
>small amount of new mons, almost as many kanto mons as alola
>can't use the d-pad to move
>slow run speed, probably no bike
>the outfit you wear when riding tauros (and probably the other pokemon) is ugly as fuck
>slow battles, animations, etc
>those walking and running animations
>not a huge fan of z-moves
>megas are still around

It's just a bunch of super minor issues, but I'm not so sure after putting them all together. Hopefully it won't matter, though. I don't expect the game to be bad, I'm just being overly cautious of Gamefreak letting me down again.
>>
File: 1473967160856.jpg (55KB, 750x531px) Image search: [Google]
1473967160856.jpg
55KB, 750x531px
>>29605724
>>29605822
>>
My gripe is that you (probably) can't ride mudbray.
>>
>>29600436
I just dont see the point. Most of them are glorified elemental gems, and some require a certain move. Pikachu's requires you to have Volt Tackle, but if you were using pikachu to begin with, why wouldn't you just use the Light Ball instead? Its only use is ingame, if you dont happen to find a Light Ball.

It's the same with Snorlax. Why would you ever want Giga Impact on it? Unless Pulverizing Pancake has like 300BP, i dont see why you'd ever use it over other things. For most everything else, it's just a glorified elemental gem by the sound of things.

There's also a ton of minor nitpicks i have.
>>
>>29599357
It'll be slow, full of muh story, easy, gimmicky, and short... so basically all the problems of the last four generations.

Already crossed out less than 100 new pokemon.
>>
I'm heavily disappointed in Alola forms. Even if they stuck to gen 1, there are so many pokemon that could have gotten one over shit like "meowth only gray." And honestly, seeing gen 1 all the time is getting really fucking old.

>>29606224
>>small amount of new mons, almost as many kanto mons as alola
there are more kanto pokemon in alola than alola pokemon
>>
>>29599357
That it will give me a code to keep my 4700+ hour progress in Destiny 2.
>>
File: 1477287960176.png (496KB, 544x489px) Image search: [Google]
1477287960176.png
496KB, 544x489px
>>29606551
>there are more kanto pokemon in alola than alola pokemon
>>
My only problem is Pokemon amount.
Frame rate was only bad when it came to Totem's particle effect
>>
>>29599395
i don't know about your problem but i never encounter a single fps drop through the demo
>>
>>29601076
>-Another small amount of new pokemon
True, but at least this time there are plenty of single-staged mons which allows for more variety than gen 6.

>-I personally dislike at least half of the new pokemon and an meh on most of the rest
>-Alola forms are almost all terrible, and there are way fewer of them than XY had Mega evolutions
I don't agree but can't argue

>-Trials are piss easy and they're replacing gyms
I don't doubt trials themselves will be bullshit but don't you think the 2v1 Totem battles will be an interesting challenge?

>-The genwun pandering is in maximum overdrive
I'm just glad Mankey and Electabuzz get some love desu.

What were you expecting after gen 6?
We have Battle Royal, a new mode with an interesting challenge that can also be played online, and the Battle Tree which features old characters.
Besides, it says the *League* is being built, which is probably an Elite 4. And they wouldn't advertise it if it didn't become something.

Seriously dude it sounds like you don't even want to play. The best way to tell GameFreak that you don't approve is to simply not buy the game.
>>
>>29607851
>And they wouldn't advertise it if it didn't become something.

The Battle Frontier Project has started!
>>
>>29599357
>What are everyone's concerns for Sun and Moon?
Game barely advances the series forward besides stupid little gimmicks that further fuck the meta.
Gen 1 pandering means only Gen 1 Pokemon get Alolan formes which further fucks the world building of the series.
Simple hype sells the game like hotcakes. GF sees this as a stamp of approval that they don't need to fix anything and have a good formula.

Because this is what we've come to expect of GF. It's like being in an abusive relationship and half the fanbase is in denial.
>>
>>29607872
They didn't advertise the BF.
>>
File: disappointed Plusle.png (98KB, 698x512px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed Plusle.png
98KB, 698x512px
>>29607925
>It's like being in an abusive relationship and half the fanbase is in denial.

pretty much
>>
>>29599357
>great
>BW exp scaling
Retards that don't know how to turn the damn exp. share off should not play these games.
>>
>>29607229
Why do people go on the internet and tell lies like this?
>>
>>29599541
>nothing else in the game gives shitall exp
Fucking this a thousand times over. I'm playing through Randomized White right now and I just beat the Elite Four. My team is all between level 55 and 60 right now, and I'm having a ridiculously difficult time training up anyone. Level 65 wild 'mons give fucking 200exp a piece. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
>>
>>29599357
I'm really only concerned that all these concepts they're adding, old and new, are going to be extremely underwhelming. I'm trying to keep my expectations low but it's difficult because it all looks promising to me.

The small number of new pokemon doesn't bother me because I like them for the most part.
>>
>>29608624
retards at game freak don't know how to design the the gym leader battles so their levels scale with AN ITEM THAT IS TURNED ON BY DEFAULT THAT HAS NO DOWNSIDES AT ALL THAT THE GAME TELLS YOU TO LEAVE TURNED ON BECAUSE IT WILL HELP YOU should not design these games
>>
>>29599395
Never encountered drops, you must have a shit 3ds
>>
>>29604596
>>Trials are pretty much just shitty fetch quests
So like gyms?
>>
>>29605171
>>29605972
This is what these threads are. People like this guy claim things were removed when they were in the fucking datamine.
>>
File: 1478078649210.jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478078649210.jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
>>29599357
>>
>>29600038
You do know that memes are real right?
>>
>>29599357
Most of the new Pokemon are meh
Game might be too easy
Game might have little to no post-game.

Those are my worries. I know they revealed this game's equivalent of the battle tower, but that alone is just not enough post game content. Something like gen 4's battle island would be perfect.
>>
>>29609348
>BW2 has no postgame
What?
>>
>>29599357
I just don't want Game Freak to rape the fully evolved starters' stats, and that there is a possibility to let Zygarde remain in its Complete forme and actually give it Aura Break.

They'll waste the potential Zygarde holds if they don't utilize the Zygarde Cube.
>>
>>29609618
Where in that post did it say that?
>>
>>29599357
Counting Ultra Beasts, there are an obscene number of legendary pokemon. Fuck that.

Some of the new pokemon seem unfinished. I really worry that Gen 8 is going to go full Johto and evolve things like Komala, for example. I like Cross Gen evos but I don't want silly arbitrary evolutions methods. If we never see cross gen evos again, some of the Alola dex feels very unfinished.

On that note, again, we have a huge emphasis on older pokemon. Fine, I guess, but the Alola dex seems like one big missed opportunity.

Possibly no battles with Trial Captains. The trials themselves seem okay for the most part but I will be sorely disappointed if there aren't 8 type-specific trainers to battle like gym leaders at some point. Kahunas should become the E4 too. I really dont give a fuck about a champion. As long as it makes sense.

Minor thing, but why eliminate triple battles (and rotation)? Sky battles, fine, nothing of value lost.
>>
>>29601130

Is that pic real? Does that mean we'll be able to sync bank to our Pokedexes?
>>
>>29602110

Did GF ever say if you'll be able to use Z-moves and Mega's in the same battle? I wonder how Rayquaza holding a Z-Crystal will look in the UI.
>>
>>29604874

I only liked the Pike out of those 3. Dojo barely felt different from the tower and Palace was just crap since you had to raise Pokemon that were useless outside of it and battles dragged on forever.
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.