[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /vp/, a question for you. After so many years of playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2016.jpg (22KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
22KB, 300x170px
Hey, /vp/, a question for you.

After so many years of playing Pokémon, I'm finally deciding to get into competitive. I'm reading and watching lots of videos to learn first.

Now, I know Shadow battles have Smogon rules. But watching VGC, there's something that called my attention. No sleep or evasion abuse.

Is there some reason for that? With all the rules smogon adds to ban them, I'd have thought in a place without those bans people would use them to hell and back. Noticed a Bronzing with Hypnosis in VGC2016 but that's about it. Is it just players being respectful in some way? Or they really not viable?
>>
*showdown battles

Thank you, phone.
>>
No, the timer makes it hard to stall

This VGC year is also shit
>>
VGC has a battle timer, so stalling is bad, and therefore evasion abuse is uncommon (besides Moody Smeargle). Also, sleep abuse is extremely common in VGC, with Amoonguss throwing Spore around. Not to mention the single most broken Pokemon in recent VGC years, Smeargle, is broken because it can spam Dark Void and put everything to sleep
>>
>>29572214
>>29572302
Thanks for the answers, anons. I knew full stalling wasn't viable in VGC but I thought at least one or two agilities would've helped, I guessed I was wrong. As for the sleeping, I knew Amoonguss was used but I haven't arrived to those videos yet, mostly I'm seeing so far lots of Fug and primals abuse. Will probably encounter spore abuse when I hit 2015.
>>
>>29572381
Who are u watching?
>>
>>29572448
Right now, the official championship. Just found the Smeargle with Dark Void as anon said.
>>
>>29572478
If you want some VGC Youtubers they include
CybertronVGC
WolfeVGC
13Yoshi37
Baz Anderson
>>
>>29572587
Awesome, thank you, anon.
>>
>>29572730
No problem and good luck

Did you plan on attending events?
>>
>>29572730
http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/18611-article-and-resource-index/

http://pastebin.com/Pnz1is2V

Hope this helps anon.
>>
>>29572794
I'd love to, but I live on a shitty country so no events for me. No Halloween either please send some candy.

>>29572803
And thank to you too, anon!
>>
>>29572905
Where, you would be surprised at how many places have VGC
>>
>>29572905
Instead of playing Pokemon get a job so you can move to a better country that actually has VGC then you dummy.
>>
>>29572145
I used a team abusing Hypnosis under prankster Gravity. Fun stuff. Everybody sleep, now!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.