[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would be interested in seeing /vp/'s thoughts on the "721

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 39

File: qz-lion.jpg (229KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
qz-lion.jpg
229KB, 1600x900px
would be interested in seeing /vp/'s thoughts on the "721 Pokemon vs. 1,000,000,000 Lions" argument. I honestly feel like the lions would win though considering that's a metric shit ton of lions.
>>
>>29571571
>Arceus erased them from existence!
>>
>>29571571
>Palkia sent the lions into another dimension!
Or
>Dialga stopped the time for the lions!
Watch em get rekt
>>
>>29571571
>Any pokemon used surf / eq / discharge / heat wave / hyper voice etc.
> All 1,000,000,000 lions fainted
>>
Fire blast from a Sp.Attack invested Mega Zard Y would obliterate at least a quarter of those lions.
>>
>>29571571
Hell, even a magcargo can kill them, as it's hotter than the fucking sun.
>>
>>29571571

You realize that there are a bunch of high tier pokemon that can fly and stay in the air right? Including a bunch of legendaries.
>>
>The lions kill eachother by fighting over mating with a female Pyroar
>>
>>29571626
Yeah but in doing that most if not all pokemon would faint if they all use those moves at once
>>
>>29571658
Stack lions onto each other. Can reach flying pokemon. Lion win every time.
>>
>>29571571
>creatures that can attack by shooting flames, lightning, and ice, causing earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and floods, and warping space and time
>losing to regular lions

Even if you were right any Pokémon that could fly and attack from a distance would pick off the lions.
>>
It's a war of attrition that the lions would eventually win.
The Pokemon would run out of PP for their moves, and the lions would passively recover from fainting over time. Lions however do not cause their opponents or prey to faint, so the Pokemon will eventually Struggle and be killed.
>>
>>29571731
You're implying that each Pokemon can only kill one lion with a move.
>>
>>29571701
The lions would attack each other before they teamed up, especially if we're talking all male lions, who are generally unfriendly with each other.
>>
>>29571720
They wouldn't have enough PP to pick them all up, and would struggle to death.
>>
>>29571701
Lions are not intelligent animals you moron, they're not going to work together.

Plus there are planet buster Pokémon like the creation trio, weather trio, and the yin-yang duo who have enough power to scorch the entirety of the planet.
>>
I think the steel type alone could probably kill those lions.
>>
>>29571731
>implying Pokemon moves would just make lions faint
>>
>>29571783
Reshiram and Zekrom would wipe most of them out with PP to spare.
>>
>>29571751
No, I'm implying Pokemon cannot kill lions.
Pokemon, their behavior, and their moves adhere to Pokemon rules. Lions, lion behavior, and lion attacks adhere to lion rules.
Pokemon moves do not kill, they only cause their opponents to faint. Lions kill.
The alternative is that lions are killed by the simplest of attacks and Pokemon are fundamentally invincible as they would merely faint and not die.
>>
OP is memeing but I could think of few examples in which a real life animal would win against even one Pokemon. Unless it's like, a caterpie vs. a dog.
>>
>>29571614
Okay now Dialga vs D I O. Think about it
>>
>>29571813
Pokemon moves definitely kill though. Like that's just canon.
>>
>>29571813
Pokémon moves can kill, they've been in wars. They just don't kill each other in regular battles.
>>
>>29571844
what is a D I O?
>>
>>29571674
>underrated
>>
>>29571813
No, I assumed we were gonna be a bit smarter than that and allow both sides to perish, rather than trying to make sense of what is obviously just a fucking game mechanic.
>>
>>29571851
Just like dogs don't usually kill eachother when they play. Shooting eachother with laser beams is their idea of play probably.
>>
>>29571877
Is the scenario fighting or playing? I assumed it was fighting, in which case death is the obvious outcome.

Either way the Pokémon would win. Legendary Pokémon are capable of doing shit on a global scale.
>>
>>29571701

I realize that you're shitting around but physics wouldn't allow the lions to stack on each other high enough to reach a pokemon, they'd continuously crush each other under their own weight.
>>
>Hoopa uses its rings to send lions to another dimension/space/a volcano/the bottom of the ocean/literally anywhere else
GG Lions
>>
File: 1.jpg (500KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
500KB, 1280x1707px
>>29571862
>>
>>29571929 But lions can stack onto each other/swim up.

Lion win Every time
>>
>>29571649
No he's not, if he was hotter than the surface of the sun he would literally be a ball of light nobody could look at and any part of the world it's in would be uninhabitable at best.
>>
>>29571701
>>29571999
Stop regurgitating that meme. It doesn't work anywhere near as well as it does for sticks.

Besides, no amount of lions would be able to stack or swim at the bottom of the ocean. They'd all instantly die from the water pressure.
>>
>>29571999
>implying lions can survive in the vacuum of space
>implying lions can survive being dumped into a volcano
>implying lions could make their way back from a different dimension
>implying lions would be able to survive the depths of the ocean or swim all the way from the bottom back to the surface without drowning
>implying lions would be able to effectively stack on top of each other in such a way that doesn't cripple their offensive abilities, or just outright kill each other due to the immense weight of all of the other lions
You don't know very much about lions do you?
>>
If the legendary Pokemon are given their "true" powers then there is no way the lions could ever win. I feel repeated Dragon Ascent's from Mega Rayquaza directly into the lions would take out so many of them alone, and then pile every other legendary capable of doing crazy shit on top of that. It would be like fighting gods.
>>
>>29572176
>Lions make a Lion Centipede form being able to become a space station and go through space

>Lions can stack onto each other sacrificing a few lions but saving the rest

>1 Billion Lions could probably find a way

>Yes, they could, I believe in them too much for that to happen

>I don't think you know too much about Lion Physics, Kid

>Lions
>win
>Every
>Time
>>
>>29572016
Are you new? It's in the Pokedex entry
>>
>>29572335
Oh you fucking troglodyte, you've just given me this victory.

>I believe in the Pokemon too much for them to lose

Go home son, your mom misses you. You never call, you never write. You're breaking her heart.
>>
>>29572196
Dude rayquaza can survive flying through fucking space and what i imagine is over 90 miles per hour
All he needs to do is drop down from space and crash and it would guarantee over 90 percent of lions would fucking die if not all
also some casualties for the pokemon, but much probably
>>
But lions would have to kill and eat the pokemon
Fire type and rock types would be unkillable like poison too would kill em all off
>>
>>29571571
>Arceus
>Giratina
>Palkia
>Giratina
>Primal Groudon
>Primal Kyogre
>Mega Rayquaza
Good fucking luck
>>
File: AT7xf.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AT7xf.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>29572424
You fool, you utter fool
Don't you Understand?

I believe in the Lions MORE Than the Pokemon you S I L L Y
>>
How are the lions even going to touch Pokemon like Slugma, Magcargo, Heatran, and Chendelure without burning to death? I mean, Chandelure literally burns your soul away.
>>
>>29571844
>D I O
>not Dio Brando
Boo, someone doesn't know their ASB tiers.
>>
>>29571571
Pokémon are low-balled by imbeciles such as yourself, OP. Pokémon are horribly overpowered, it just so happens that pokéhumans are superhuman tier in durability and strength and so braindead morons think Pokémon can't do real damage, but most legends can defeat the lions alone.Furthermore the lions have no way of dealing with rock-type pokémon nor can they do any damage to ghost types.

Lions get curbstomped.
>>
>>29572602
You think you can out-believe me, you dork? You have no earthly idea how much I believe in these Pokemon. You could not begin to comprehend the belief I have for them. It's a belief of unparalleled magnitude, an unshakable belief. This is the kind of belief you could only dream of.
>>
I believe in these Lions so fucking much. They are my children and I am their Lion Dad. I was born in 1,000,000,000 Lions, Molded by them. You were merely adopted these Pokemon
>>
File: 292.png (145KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
292.png
145KB, 431x431px
Sure you don't want to add a couple million more Lions?
>>
>>29572928
If there's a flying lion or even a lion with a flamethrower in the million, your shedinja is dead.
>>
>>29572960
>flying lion
>lion with a flamethrower
Am I misunderstanding something here?
>>
>>29572016
Stop regurgitating this meme. It's really fucking obvious that physics works differently in the Pokemon world, the existance of Sheer Cold is a testament to that.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 133x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 133x144px
>>29572960
Sorry, but the flamethrower lion is fighting for the pokemon team
>>
>>29572995
Sorry I just forgot shedinja was also weak to lion type
my bad
>>
>>29571626
>1 billion lions used roar
>721 pokemon fled
>into the gaping mouths of the surrounding billion lions
Pokemon can't win
>>
File: charizard.png (85KB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
charizard.png
85KB, 300x273px
>Fly high
>Use BURASUTO BAAN
>Keep using BURASUTO BAAN
>1,000,000,000 dead lions
>>
>>29573074
But Roar has -6 priority
Also
>Roaring Ferrothorn into the mouth of your friends
>>
>>29571753
>lioms just randomly attack each other for no reason over other creatures who are actually threatening them
Yeah, that's why all the lions in the zoo are constantly eating each other and every single day every zoo in the world has to being in new lions
>>
>that one Misdreavus in the middle of the chaos that uses Perish Song
>>
File: Mmep22b.jpg (13KB, 340x250px) Image search: [Google]
Mmep22b.jpg
13KB, 340x250px
>>29572960
>went from normal lions to Flyin' fryin' Lions
Christ, ya want to chuck some fucking Lion Men in there too while you're at it?
>>
>>29571720
You're forgetting that there are 1 billion of them. That's well over 1 millionper pokemon. And if you consider that a single lion could easily take out any baby mon, pointless fish mon, passive shitmon etc, thats like almost 2 million lions per decent pokemon. Think about how many 2 million is. You could kill 100 and you'd still have to do that twenty thousand more times. Pokemon lose every time
>>
>>29573158
>togepi used metronome!
>togepi used Perish Song!
>>
>>29573109
The weight of 1 billion lions would instantly crush ferrothorn to death
>>
>>29573194
Do you want this to be a Bara thread?

Because that's how you start a Bara thread.
>>
>>29573231
Can a lion feasibly hurt Shedinja?
If not there's your answer
>>
>>29573231
You couldn't concentrate the entirety of the billion lions on such a small space. You'd end up with more than a few going past the upper atmosphere.
This also calls into question how you would stack 1,000,000,000 lions in a stack or pile.
>>
It depends if the lions are attacking at night
>>
>>29573281
Yeah it can rip it to shreds.
Alternatively, one lion can put it in its mouth and then create a lion bridge to the sun and hurl it into the sun. once again lions win
>>
>>29573283
You wouldnt actually need all 1 billion lions to crush any pokemon, I was being superfluous
>>
>>29573283
Carefully.
>>
File: 383-primal.png (781KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
383-primal.png
781KB, 1280x1280px
>Groudon used Eruption
What do?
>>
>>29573208
There are Pokémon capable of destroying the universe, 1 billion lions is irrelevant. Fuck that wouldn't even matter, any of the planet busters/extinction event causers would be enough
>>
Mega Rayquaza
>>
>>29571649
>this fucking meme

It's the SURFACE of the sun. Not the sun.

If 18000 degrees was as hot at the sun, 36 ovens preheated to 500 degrees at the same time would destroy the fucking earth
>>
>>29572602
>I believe in the Lions MORE Than the Pokemon you S I L L Y
The Pokemon don't need to believe, they have four gods.
>>
>>29571571
>Shedinja
>Wonder Guard
>Unstoppable
>>
>>29573689
>36 ovens preheated to 500 degrees
You are the single most retarded person on the face of this planet right now.
>>
>>29573726
>implying lions don't know how to bite
>>
That would be true but as soon as someone uses flamethrower or hyper beam let alone exotions those will go down quick.

We can put this example like Omimon vs Diaboromon from the movie
>>
>use all flying type pokemons in the air.
>lions canr reach them ever
>proceeds to use arial attacks
>fug used dragon meteors

Done.
>>
>>29573754
>36 times 500

>18000

Jesus christ dude 9 blowtorches are hotter than magcargo. People act like magcargo would ravage anything within a 20 mile radius just by being there. He's hot but you're not gonna fucking die from being in his general vicinity
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 500x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 500x236px
All the uber powerful Pokemon don't matter. They could kill those lions but they're not needed. The fact that stall pokemon exist means all those lions are dead. That, and Toxic. The defensive stalk Pokemon just need to toxic all the lions then recover then protect.
>>
File: Poster is a lion.png (8KB, 519x391px) Image search: [Google]
Poster is a lion.png
8KB, 519x391px
>>
>>29573968
I would rather the lions win than win through fucking stall
>>
>>29573942
>thinking heat is cumulative to that degree
>>
>ITT: people don't know how much a billion is
Even if you could bend time and space at will, you can hardly make a dent in those numbers
Even legendary pokemon tire out eventually and will eventually get crushed under the weight of a billion hungry lions
>>
>>29571612
How come arceus can't just erase my Mega Fug?
>>
>>29571571
I dunno. I feel as though one legendary or mythical on its own could wipe out a couple thousands of the lions in one blast. Let's not forget how downplayed their true abilities are in both the anime and games.
>>
>>29574020
Pokemon are going to win because of stall and genies and you're gonna like it.
>>
>>29571571
We've had this thread a million times before over the years, and it basically comes down to 2 outcomes:
>in-game Pokemon mechanics which lions also obey
Or
>anime Pokémon vs real lions
And both cases Pokemon easily win.

Lions potentially could win if it was real lions vs in-game Pokémon since Pokemon are turn-based and lions can do whatever they want, which would mean that even a Primal Groudon would take 1hp damage for each lion attack, so I dunno.

But Pokemon all the way either way, unless you handicap the Pokemon in favor of the lions, but even then Pokemon still have the advantage.
>>
>>29574038
Some Pokemon live to wear their opponents down. Your lions are dead. If they aren't murdered by Draco Meteor already anyways.
>>
>>29571571
>yveltal absorbs the energy of all the living things on earth
Lions lose again
>>
>>29573102
Blast burn only works against frogs
>>
>>29574020
Lions pls go.

>>29574038
>Taillow flies into the air
>lions are powerless
>>
>>29574020
shut up lion
>>
One smeargle uses dark void.
This puts all the lions to sleep, making easy pickings.
>>
>>29574058
FUCK YOU, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME LIKE SOMETHING!
>>
>>29574038
I don't think you understand how strong some of the Legendary Pokemon are.
If you were talking about the regular ones then yeah you'd be right but with the legendaries not even 10 billion would be enough. Palkia can literally just send it to the void between dimensions and Dialga and place them in some kind of chronal loop outside of time.
Arceus can just wipe them out.

Then there's Yveltal, if it dies then everything. Friend or foe. But with mon like Ho-oh and Xerneas there is no dying at all and Victini keeps their energy up.
>>
>Charizard, Ho-oh, Bravebirb and Moltres scorch the area
>lions are dead and only a couple of mon even had to do anything
>>
>>29574038
I still haven't seen an answer for flying types and Pokemon with Levitate that wasn't stupid. Not to mention the entire steel type could still definitely kill all those lions.
>>
>>29574090
You clearly have no idea how a billion is.
Will the draco meteors kill a few thousand lions? Of course.
But the Pokemon are going to run out of PP eventually, and there will be plenty lions left when that happens.
>>
Steelix could literally continue living life as it always has, and eat a few lions along the way.
>>
>>29571571
>Jynx used Perish Song!
>>
If each legendary and mega can handle 200 lions each then thats a good start.
Pokemon have access to protect as well
>>
>>29574192
>Will the draco meteors kill a few thousand lions? Of course.
From a regular pokemon. Of course.
From a legendary like Mega Ray? That's a large part of the lions decimated.
>>
>>29574208
>all the Pokemon surrounding Jynx faint in three turns meanwhile the vast majority of lions who are far beyond hearing distance are fine.
>>
File: throwing2bstick.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
throwing2bstick.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>721 Pokémon vs one stick
Who wins?
>>
>>29574253
STOP YOU PSYCHO!
>>
>>29574039
Game mechanics and Poke balls nerf things
>>29574038
t. retard
1 billion lions doesn't even cover earth
>>
>>29574192
>Groudon used Earthquake!
>>
Magcargo is hotter than the sun any lion that gets near him will melt
>>
>>29573764
Lions aren't Pokemon moron. Their moves don't have types.
>>
>>29574277
braixen
>>
>>29574205
>Steelix only weighs 882 pounds
even with a metal body, it would hardly take that many lions out of a billion to crush it
>>
>>29574373
>Struggle affects Shedinja
Checkmate
>>
>>29574357
>all the ground dwelling Pokemon surrounding Groudon faint while the many many lions beyond the earthquakes distance are fine
>>
>>29574431
>while the many many lions beyond the earthquakes distance are fine
They would have to be well out at sea to avoid it.

Where they would drown.
>>
Why is this thread here? Why even make this thread? Why is it still alive?

Lions can't defeat the things that cause planetary devestation, nor do they have the level of intelligence needed to make in depth plans.
>>
File: 1461910377049.jpg (46KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
1461910377049.jpg
46KB, 500x343px
>ground pokemon create a fissure around all pokemon
>lions aren't fucking suicidal, so they aren't just gonna dump themselves into the fissure
>legendary and powerful pokemon toss attacks over the fissure without effort, other pokemon keep the attacking ones healthy
>few hours later, all the lions are dead

Pokemon live with no casualties
>>
>>29574205
Lions' attacks should do at least 1 damage, and there's a billion of them. They would eventually win.
>>
>>29574464
Have things that cause planetary devastation ever faced a billion lions and lived?
Why do you think Pokemon would be the first?
>>
>>29574528
A billion dinosaurs > a billion lions
10 km long meteor >>> a billion dinosaurs
Mega Fug >>>>>> 10 km long meteor
Checkmate
>>
>Rayquaza lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth's ozone layer, never descending to the ground. This Pokémon appears to feed on water and particles in the atmosphere.

Fug alone could easily defeat them all, just attacks until it gets tired and retreat to the ozone layer to chill
>>
File: troodon man.jpg (90KB, 228x362px) Image search: [Google]
troodon man.jpg
90KB, 228x362px
>>29574558
>implying the dinosaurs lost
>>
Let's not forget that mewtwo seems to have a pretty fucked up power level, especially if he gets in the suit
>>
>>29574645
Depends, he's become less impressive as time's went on
>>
>>29574645
The suit makes him weaker.
>>
>>29574558
>>29574600
>draco meteors wipe out the majority of the lions
>the rest go into hiding
>over billions of years the lions evolve into superior lionmen
>they invent lion pokeballs (like regular pokeballs only they roar when they catch pokemon)
>lions win
>>
>>29574667
I don't know. Mega Mewtwo X is probably the strongest he's ever been not counting Shadow Mewtwo.
>>
>Metagross is basically a weaponized supercomputer
>could easily devise a way to kill all of the lions, especially if paired with other highly intelligent mons like Alakazam

>Victini brings victory whatever side it's on
>Victini has infinite energy that it can share with whatever it wants, Pokemon don't have to worry about tiring out

Not even a competition.
>>
It depends of the rules.

Under Pokédex/Lore rules: Pokémon win, no question. We are talking about literal gods.

Under actual Pokémon Battle rules: Even if the lions are unable of dealing any damage, every Pokémon will eventually run out of PP and struggle itself to death. Our only hope would be a Funbro dragging things out until starvation kills the lions.
>>
>>29571681

> Rattatta used protect!
>>
>>29574806
Try throwing a computer at a lion and see what happens.
Hint: you get one pissed off lion

>implying victory exists in war
>>
>>29574965
How many regular computers are sentient and weaponized?
>>
File: 1475943884130.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475943884130.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>29574965
>Try throwing a computer at a lion and see what happens.
>Just throw a giant hulking Metagross
>Lion doesn't die
How the fuck do you throw a Metagross anyways
>>
>>29574965
That's just it you fucking mongoloid, you don't throw the computer at it unless you're retarded. You have the highly intelligent creature come up with a strategy to adequately suppress and deal with the lions.

>Implying it doesn't
if all of the lions are dead, they have lost. If the have lost lions lost, that means their opponents won; they claimed victory.
>>
File: naian.png (88KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
naian.png
88KB, 300x168px
>>29574750
>>
File: metagross is a faget.png (91KB, 930x647px) Image search: [Google]
metagross is a faget.png
91KB, 930x647px
>>29574806
>Metagross: how the fuck do I deal with lions?
>computer is Metagross's brain: pic related
Yeah, I'm sure Metagross will come in real handy
>>
Pokemon vs one billion lions is basically a musou
>>
>>29575121
>if the lost lions lost
I really fucked that sentence up. If the lions have lost, that means their opponents have won.
>>
>>29575121
>lions are dead
>they come back as ghosts
>now the pokemon have to fight a billion ghost lions
doesn't seem like victory to me
>>
>>29575147
Just because you are retarded enough that you can't think of a strategy and need to resort to google, doesn't mean that Metagross is. It comes up with ITS OWN solution instead of relying on primitive human ideas, shitforbrains. Do you think people who are afraid of sentient and malicious AI are afraid because the AI will out-Google them or because the AI is far more intelligent than a person could be?
>>
>>29575194
>Dark is effective against the lions
>>
File: HI_246037.jpg (66KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
HI_246037.jpg
66KB, 660x495px
Who would win?
721 pokemon or 1 billion indian elephants?
>>
>>29571571

A better thought experiment would be 721 pokemon vs 1 lion and 999,999,999 lionesses.
>>
>>29575194
>They still have Victini on their side
>Still ensured victory
>Also implying all of the billion lions would come back as ghosts
Not everything that dies comes back as a ghost anon, they need to have enough of a grudge or unfinished business. All of the people who've died in war didn't become ghosts, all of the Jews who died in the holocaust didn't become ghosts. We don't have ghost dinosaurs tearing shit up all over the place.
>>
File: metagross is still a faget.png (98KB, 874x611px) Image search: [Google]
metagross is still a faget.png
98KB, 874x611px
>>29575205
>>
File: 1464893798930.jpg (46KB, 599x383px) Image search: [Google]
1464893798930.jpg
46KB, 599x383px
>1,000,000,000 Lions
>vs. 1,000,000,000 Solgaleos
>>
>>29575280
>they need to have enough of a grudge or unfinished business
Name me something with more grudge and unfinished business than a lion
>>
Almost all pokemon attacks can only focus one target at a time. And I don't see earthquake being effective if you're in Africa or something, Lions survive earthquakes on the East African Rift Valley all the time.
>>
File: HEgkRmc.png (144KB, 540x466px) Image search: [Google]
HEgkRmc.png
144KB, 540x466px
Who would win, Honedge with a Remoraid or Remoraid with a Honedge?
>>
>>29575315
Lions have no business, they spend their time sitting in the shade like the fat fucks they are.
>>
>>29575359
Honedge with Remoraid.
Remoraid has no hands,
>>
>>29575374
>being too lazy to do their business means they don't have it
If anything it means they have more
>>
>>29575359
Honedge with a remoraid. Honedge drains the life out of anything that wields it, dumbass, the remoraid wielding a honedge dies without Honedge w/remoraid even needing to get involved.
>>
>>29575409
That is the most obtuse logic I've ever heard.
>>
File: history_classicvoltron.png (422KB, 707x1189px) Image search: [Google]
history_classicvoltron.png
422KB, 707x1189px
>five lions equal this
>Pokemon have to fight 200,000,000 of these
Lions win. No contest.
>>
>>29571571
Yes, a billion is a large number but there is no way a lion can kill a pokemon like Aggron or Golem
>>
>>29575453
>steel type
Lava Plume
>>
>>29575453
>Beldum can take down a lion with ease
>Metang is two lions
>Metagross is two metang which is four beldum
Metagross is stonger than Voltron.
>>
That's 420,000,000,000 pounds of lion they're dealing with. They'd easily get crushed by the incoming tidal wave of lions.
>>
>>29575532
That's if the lions drop from the sky simultaneously and as you know, lions cannot fly.
If they all rushed in the pokemon would swat them away like a Dynasty Warriors character.
>>
>>29573942
>tfw it's 70 degrees
>tfw it's 70 degrees one foot to my right.
>tfw Earth is actually a few trillion degrees adding all the temperatrues of all the unique areas in the world.
>>
>>29575532
>grass knot
>low kick
>>
File: metagross is forever a faget.png (93KB, 889x595px) Image search: [Google]
metagross is forever a faget.png
93KB, 889x595px
>>29575521
>>
>>29575532
So would most of the lions. And Flying types could just avoid the wave.
>>
>>29575565
By forming a lion pyramid of course. It's like a human pyramid, but it has lions instead of humans.
>>
>>29575617
Lions aren't that coordinated.
>>
>>29574806
Victini is a literal nuke
1,000,000,000 People>1,000,000,000 Lions
Nukes>People>Lions
>>
File: CBENTPRI520.jpg (30KB, 320x205px) Image search: [Google]
CBENTPRI520.jpg
30KB, 320x205px
>>29575655
What if they are trained circus lions?
>>
I like how the entire point of this thread is that the lions are totally normal and the actual discussion comes from whether the Pokemon could handle such overwhelming numbers of lions, but everyone's solution for the lions is to have them do crazy shit like form a tidal wave or a tower.
>>
>>29575718
Then they would need a tamer but this is strictly lions.
Plus he wouldn't be able to lead 1 billion lions.
>>
>>29575731
if you have a billion of anything, eventually one of them is going to figure out how to build a tower. Such is the nature of large numbers.
>>
>>29575731
Which is why we give no respect to normies my friend
We may be emotionally unstable, But They are downright mentally retarded
>>29575718
And no you fucking moron, they would need a trainer to lead them
>>
File: 3ynid1h.jpg (92KB, 650x906px) Image search: [Google]
3ynid1h.jpg
92KB, 650x906px
>>29571614
>>
>>29575814
>>29575795
What if the tamer is a lion?
>>
>>29575827
Then he would have to be a beast man. These are normal lions.
>>
>>29575532
>420,000,000,000
>420
>>
>>29575855
No this is a lion that just happens to be good at taming its own kind.

Remember there a billion lions here. Due to the nature of such large numbers, chances are one of these lions will be born with such a gift.
>>
>>29575917
>No this is a lion that just happens to be good at taming its own kind.
This is a lion, a real one. Not one from Lion King.
At most they'll just laze about.
>>
>>29575917
There are trillions of insects, and not one has uprisen to kill the human race nor build a tower
>>
>>29575952
Prove to me that a lion in unable to do such a thing. Obviously it hasn't happened yet, because no lion has ever been in such a situation where such a thing is needed. Lions may be lazy, but they're not going to lie down in the face of danger and accept defeat.
>>
>>29576062
Consindering Lions and other big cats have been hunted for their pelts and what not for generations I would say that they've been in a situation that requires some forethought.
Nothing has changed in the way they live.
>>
>>29576038
>insects can't build towers
Nigga, they've been doing it heck of a lot longer than we have
>>
>>29576091
Yes, because a billion lions have all been in one place before.
Think before you type, dumbass.
>>
Do you guys know how autistic this thread is?
>>
>>29576119
Coming from the person that thinks that lions will suddenly grow brains large enough to convey complex commands.
If they aren't going to change from generations of hunting and learn to bait their predators then this isn't going to change anything. In fact, 1 billion lions would most likely cause a hell of a lot of infighting between the lions to assert their dominance and become the leader of this enormous pack to the point where the pokemon wouldn't have to act, the lions would just pick each other off one by one.

Think before you type, dumbass.
>>
>>29576226
Not if were just one male lion with 999,999,999 females
>>
>>29576226
There you have it. The lions lose by default.
>>
>>29576296
Then that one lion gets lost and the females are directionless.
I don't think you comprehend how many lions 1 billion lions is.
>>
>>29571789
>yin-yang
>planet level

That's wrong; Reshiram and Zekrom are region level at best, even the OG Dragon probably wasn't as strong as the weather trio
>>
>>29571829
anything big vs joltik
>>
>>29576372
If we're talking non primal then yeah they out power the weather trio. Primal and Mega there's no chance OD may however.
>>
>>29576393
>joltik attaches then shocks
>dead animal
Should have said Ledian.
>>
Posting in Epic thread
Screencap any1? Put me in it
>>
>>29576226
>>29576329
>Solgaleo feels more at home with the lions than the other pokemon who make fun of it for being weak to fire and switches sides
>telepathically stops the lions from fighting each other and gets them to form a lion pyramid
>all non-lion pokemon die
>lions live on to populate the new lion earth
>Solgaleo eventually dies of old age, happy that it finally found acceptance
Lions win
>>
>>29576463
Actually Pokemon win.
The Solgaleo will outlive the lions.
>>
Assuming the Lions will eventually get to Groudon and kill it. (Most probably by forming a sort of Lion bridge to get across the Lava)

Once that Happens they'd all eventually die, Kyogre just has to chill in the middle of the damn ocean and eventually the earth will get flooded. Lions would probably also have to eat each other once they're done with all the land and flying pokemon.
>>
>>29576535
>Most probably by forming a sort of Lion bridge to get across the Lava
Literally not possible.
>>
>>29576619
If you do it fast enough I guess they'd be able to bridge it.

Then they'd have to defeat groudon though.
>>
Arcanine alone would completely dominate every predator in Africa.
>>
This is probably the most concentrated amount of autism I have ever seen on this board. Congratulations
>>
File: AZ_XY.png (119KB, 320x402px) Image search: [Google]
AZ_XY.png
119KB, 320x402px
You don't even need Pokemon for this. One man with one weapon can end this war.
>>
File: 1467498245381.jpg (99KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
1467498245381.jpg
99KB, 944x712px
>>29576717
You are on a board where people want to fuck and marry animals and you consider this the most autistic? Really?
>>
>>29576645
Dude, they don't have the appendages to make a bridge.
>>
>>29576773
Dude just fill the ditch with lions. Eventually the lion corpses will pile up and one living lion will be able to walk on them.
>>
File: 1266365707967.jpg (48KB, 1196x895px) Image search: [Google]
1266365707967.jpg
48KB, 1196x895px
>Mewtwo clones all the lions
>1 billion lions vs. 721 Pokemon + 1 billion lions
>Lions fight clone lions
>Pokemon mop up what's left

Pokemon win.
>>
>>29576802
Their corpses would literally melt into the lava.
>>
Who would win: 100 Kalosian Longbow Decidueye, or 1,000,000,000 Lions
>>
>>29576143
This is a fucking /b/-tier thread
>>
>>29576829
That's why I said do it fast enough.

It's not an ocean of Lava, it's normally just a small pool. You can pile up lions faster than you can melt them.
>>
>>29576372
Reshiram and Zekrom have dex entries stating they can scorch the world, that's where I'm getting it from
>>
>>29576823
>lions aren't racist assholes like Pokemon are and accept they're clone brethren
>Pokemon now have to deal with two billion lions
>>
>>29576855
>That's why I said do it fast enough.
They would melt faster than they can hurl themselves into it.

>It's not an ocean of Lava, it's normally just a small pool
That's the thing, this isn't a normal occurrence. This is lava from a being that can produce and control it.
>>
Anyone here who thinks Kyogre couldn't single-handedly drown all of the lions is beyond salvation.
>>
>>29576939
This entire thread is stale and moldy bait
>>
>>29576890
>implying the clones don't obey Mewtwo
>>
SOMEBODY SCREENCAP THIS THREAD
>>
>>29571571
Pokemon attacks do not do any real damage on non magical beings, as shown 8n the anime that it is almost impossible for humans to get hurt from attacks.The lions would deflect their attacks and maul them.
>>
>>29577007
There's no need; it's a regular shitposting thread that pops up from time to time. This isn't the first and it won't be the last.
>>
File: side b yourself.jpg (9KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
side b yourself.jpg
9KB, 320x180px
there are pokemon hotter than the sun
there are ghost type pokemon that i can assume wont be killed by lions or hurt
arceus is literally my mom's god.
come on now.
>>
Okay STOP THIS THREAD ALREADY, IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE POKÉMON WIN.
Dialga could stop the time for the lions, and the other Pokémon could finish em off for dinner/ simple kill them. THIS THREAD HAS TO STOP.
>>
NO. WEAKNESSES.
>>
File: I'm dissapointed in you Trite.png (398KB, 465x485px) Image search: [Google]
I'm dissapointed in you Trite.png
398KB, 465x485px
There are too many newfags in this thread that don't realize they're getting memed on.

Stop posting, you have not lurked enough.
>>
What is Smeargle's moveset? If it only knows Sketch, lions win, but if Smeargle can Dark Void and also Baton Pass Quiver Dances and Dragon Dances, then Pokemon have a chance.
>>
Which side would Pyroar and Solgaleo be on?
>>
>>29577191
see
>>29576463
>>
>>29577157
Nah, I just like seeing what insane troll logic that OP and the anon (assuming they're not the same person) can come up with.

Though I can't disagree that there are people who are actually replying seriously.
>>
>>29576890
>clones convince the lions to join with the pokemon
>the combined C+PaL forces turn their collective eyes on humanity
>>
>>29574039
Arceus cares about playing fair
>>
>>29577356
Not if it's Arceus-Dark
>>
>>29577436
>Implying Dark type is evil
No, seriously, I know Dark is known as Evil in Japan, but Dark type Pokemon isn't necessarily evil.
>>
File: 1476547641168.jpg (33KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1476547641168.jpg
33KB, 366x380px
>>29575917
>>29575812
What
There's
I
No
No
What

Large numbers are not magic, anon!
>>
For all those saying pokemon would win.

Exactly how many lions do you think it would actually take to beat them.
>>
>>29577642
It would have to be a never ending supply of lions just to wear them out. Even then it wouldn't be a win for the lions but more the fact that it's a never ending supply of them.
>>
>>29577499
>what is infinite monkeys on keyboards
There are seven billion people on this planet.
There are probably at least seven human lion tamers on this planet.
Therefore of a billion lions, there would be at least one lion-taming lion.
>>
>>29571649
They'll just attack at night.
>>
>>29577642
Even discounting legendaries, that's gonna be a lot of lions.

With legendaries, considering the amount of planet busters and up, I don't think we could comprehend the number of lions it'd take to kill every Pokemon.
>>
>>29577698

Well that's silly. If I spawned one googol lions instantaneously then they would collapse into a black hole most likely which would technically have defeated the pokemon.

And the lions obviously.
>>
>>29577016
That's just cartoon anime world stuff. The Pokemon's powers and abilities are heavily downplayed for a number of reasons, mainly children, especially the legendaries'.
>>
File: 1441326794172.png (821KB, 1330x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441326794172.png
821KB, 1330x1080px
>>29577720
what the fuck
>>
File: IMG_0423.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0423.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
Never change /vp/
>>
What if we give each of the lions a pokeball.

Surely some will accidently knock pokeballs at the pokemon causing them to either be caught or at least be temporarily slowed down to break free.
>>
>>29577766

So in the games pokemon don't destroy cities when they fight each other and you're saying they're weak in the cartoon too, so from what source are you getting this bs about half the pokemon being world destroyers.

Don't say the pokedex because that's obviously hyperbole to prevent boring descriptions like 'machamp is strong and has 4 arms'
>>
>>29577820
They'd probably chew on and break the balls.
>>
>>29577820
>what if we gave the lions Pokeballs
You uh, you might wanna add some other things too... like opposable thumbs
>>
>>29577820
Pokemon can swat the balls away preventing capture you know.
Or just walk around it.
>>
>>29577787
You are likely wondering why have not heard of a lion-taming lion.
The answer is because they do not exist, but that does not mean they can't.
There are around 200,000 lions alive today. I'm pretty sure not even 1/200,000 humans are lion tamers.
Obvuously there is an extremely low chance of a lion being a naturally good lion-tamer (possibly lower than a human even). but when the number increases to a billion(5000% more lions) there is a 5000% more of a chance of lion-taming lion to exist.
It's simple mathematics, really.
>>
1,000,000 lions vs. The Sun lion Solgaleo
Who would win?
>>
>>29571844
Dialga stops time indefinitely, DIO can't stop time for longer than 9 or so seconds before he gets Ora'd
>>
>>29572630
Dio Brando can't stop time.
>>
>>29577873
>It's not canon because I say so!
>>
>>29577955
Anon. All the mathematics in the world won't give lions enough brain power to be able to not only command but teach other lions in the middle of a war.

That's something that would take millions of years of evolution providing they're left to their own devices. And there's literally a Pokemon that can control every facet of time.
>>
Magcargo's body temperature is approximately 18,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

This kills the lions
>>
>>29571844
Dialga is time itself given physical form, and has shown itself to be capable of creating/rewriting an entire universe as long as it's not nerfed by a Pokeball.
Dialga fucking stomps.
>>29572537
>90 miles per hour
I hope you forgot a digit or two there. Even then, you're way off: Earth's escape velocity is somewhere around of 25,000 miles per hour. Hell, we even see Fug fly through about six miles of meteor in less than a second. Even with an extremely conservative estimate that it took Fug 0.5 seconds to fly through the meteor, that still means it was travelling at 43,200 miles per hour. And that's with the Pokeball shackles in full effect.
>>29577744
There are 3 or 4 multiverse-level Pokemon. A black hole can't kill them.
These threads are fun.
>>
>>29578027
How many lions are you willing to fight to prove this?
>>
>>29578080
About as many as it takes for them to gain that level of thought.
But I don't live for that long.
>>
>Primal Kyogre just drowns all the lions
>Primal Groudon just dehydrates all the lions
>Mega Fug could just stall it for literally forever
>Shedinja
>A lot of steel pokemon is pretty much invulnerable
>Yvertal just wins on default
>Arceus/Dialga/Palkia does their thing
>Ditto could just transform to a legendary for their desired effect
And many many other, involving shitmons such as Muk or Magcargo who wouldn't even need to give a shit to win.
>>
>>29578099
Alright. I work at the Boise zoo. We have a few lions. I have already made preparations with my coworkers for such an event. Meet us outside the zoo, near the giraffe exhibit next Monday at 3:00 am. That should give you enough time to prepare.
>>
>>29577873
Just watch a movie or something and watch a legendary launch like, say, an Aeroblast. The blast radius is enough to EASILY decimate a city in real life, though the resulting damage shown in the anime and games are often abysmal by comparison the said blast radius. That is, unless some ruined location is shown to have been destroyed in the distant past by a legendary (off-screen). The shit that happened in the Hoopa movie is a good example. Downplaying happens a LOT in fictional series, other than Pokemon as well. It's done for a variety of reasons--be it evening the odds, "protecting" kids, or censorship.
>>
>>29578218
I don't think I can make it for that anon.
Unless you want to cover my travel expenses as well as supplying me with weapons.
>>
>>29578260
The only weapons you will receive are a bone and leek. Are you alright with that?
>>
>>29578227
Did Lugia split the Whirl Islands into their current 4 pieces with a lightningbolt in Johto lore?
>>
>>29578308
Sharpened or unsharpened?
>>
File: 1464864988930.jpg (120KB, 1200x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1464864988930.jpg
120KB, 1200x1097px
>>29571571
No, Pokemon would inevitably win and they don't even need to fight.
1. Get Groudon
2. Desolate Land: Dries up the soil making it impossible for plants to grow thus killing off the herbivores and the animals that the lions predate on. Lions die of starvation or multiple organ failure due to heat stroke and rhabdomyolysis

Alternately, you should definitely give The Broken Earth by NK Jemisin a read. It is a very interesting read on what would happen if humans got pokemon-esque powers over tectonic plate manipulation with fire/ice effects. This thread contends that EQ would have little effect on the lions but that plus the spontaneous creation of fissures could very easily wipe out all life on Earth (including the lions).
>>
>>29578369
Unsharpened. You can try sharpening them when you are in the arena if you think that will help.
>>
>>29578410
And how large is this bone?
>>
>>29578448
Depends on what's available. Probably a goat leg.
>>
>>29571571
>2 Pokémon are Lions
>Lions have 2 men on the inside

How can Lions lose?
>>
>>29578473
Well that's not much of a weapon.
>>
>>29578509
Sorry, but when your are fighting in place of the Pokemon, you can only use weapons they use.
>>
>>29578497
>Lions have 2 men on the inside
>Pokemon also have 2 men on the inside
The question now becomes this: whose side are Pyroar and Solgaleo on?

Arceus is watching.
>>
>>29578556
Then why can't I have a flamethrower to emulate a fire type?
>>
>>29578607
They get their abilities naturally. You can attempt evolving such abilities on your own if you think that helps.
>>
>>29578566
>whose side are Pyroar and Solgaleo on?
They're lion Pokemon, not Pokemon lions
>>
>>29578607
Or better yet, something to emulate manipulation of time, space, yadayada.
>>
>>29578626
In that case supply me with a giant metallic spoon.
>>
>>29578637
But will they want to fight for Pokemon when they see that there is a side they will be more welcome and not be made fun of for being weak to fire.
>>
lions cant even touch ghosts so i guess pokemon win
>>
>>29578657
You can have two regular-sized spoons.
>>
Why are people still arguing this? What logical conclusion on the Lions' side gives the lions the victory? Tell me how lions can kill Dialga, Palkia, Giratina or Arceus? Those four by themselves can destroy an infinite amount of lions, and create them back. Please explain a logical, plausible scenario where lions come on top with all 700+ pokemon, or just the 4 i stated above? So how has this thread this long? Are people this stupid?
>>
>>29578658
Pokemon aren't the ones making fun of them, humans are.
>>
>>29578679
And Pokemon fight for humans. Lions eat them.
>>
>>29578669
Anon should also get a 2x4, an iron girder, and two concrete poles.
>>
>>29571571
>sun vs 1,000,000,000 lions
>fuse them instead
>proceed to kill 1,000,000,000 regular lions
>>
>>29577016
Here we see a braindead moron. Pokehumans have superhuman resistance and strength, arcanine can melt walls as seen in generations, the lions get curbstomped.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 690x593px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 690x593px
>>29578786
Forgot pic related
>>
>>29578734
Sure, if you can carry them.
>>
>>29578672
it's a joke based off the "vs. a stick" and "vs. their weight in bees" things
it's nowhere near as funny though because it's not as absurd
>>
This was beautiful
>>
The lions just has to try to use their updog and they would instantly win
>>
Mewtwo explodes the brains of lions.
>>
>>29578672
A level 1 rattata can faint all 4 of those mons. Theyre not THAT strong.
>>
>>29571571
There are pokemon that fly, even pokemon that float effortlessly; lions cant fly. In time, pokemon would win 100% certainty.
>>
>>29572960
Why would the lions need that stuff to deal with Shedinjas when Shedinja is weak to something biting it?
>>
Lions aren't even the toughest big cat. You should have used Tigers.

Tigers > Lions
>>
File: 1451511357600.png (1MB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
1451511357600.png
1MB, 1024x624px
The Core did have plans for incorporating the surviving elements of the human race into their cybrid-inhabited universe after the death of Old Earth—using them as spare DNA stock and slave labor, much as we used androids—but the discovery of Lions and Tigers and Bears and the panicked retreat from Planck space complicated those plans.
>>
File: 1399590554863.png (88KB, 480x511px) Image search: [Google]
1399590554863.png
88KB, 480x511px
>>29581762
>Implying

Arceus learns Extremespeed and the rest can Dragon Tail it.
>>
>>29581788
You're dumb as fuck if you think 1 billion lions cant stack high enough to catch a flying mon. The pokemon would have nowhere to fly to escape since the stack would fill an entire country
>>
>>29573689
>american education
>>
I mean, even Scraggy has feats outside of moves that give its headbutt enough force to break a block of ice that's over 20 times its weight, so I doubt the lions would stand a chance
>>
>>29582425
A dragonite can fly full circle around the world in 6 hours, anon

I don't think you can appreciate how fast that is.
>>
>>29571571
Well assuming that the lions and the pokemon aren't too busy murdering themselves, I still see no way in which the lions can win against a living dex. Discounting the pokemon who can just godmode delete them or otherwise cheat, there's still strategies like funbro backed by every pokemon capable of learning heal pulse, or surf spam.
If it's important that all the pokemon survive, you could go with a strategy like this
>every pokemon holds an air balloon
>Every pokemon capable of learning it uses helping hand on +6 attack Flower Gift boosted Primal Groudon, who then uses Earthquake
>GG lions am kill
>>
>>29585122
Who cares? It can't kill the lions from the other side of the world. You're not appreciating how big a number a billion is compared to 721
>>
>>29573437
It missed...
>>
>>29585730
I mean a billion lions can't beat the Flash so numbers aren't really worth much.
>>
>>29571731
Someone need to run the math on every pokemon encountering 5 lions at a time(horde battle) and one shotting them all with the most efficient attacks pp-wose(whether multi hit or single lion attack with high pp). That's the true way to determine the winner
>>
File: LIONMEN.png (325KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LIONMEN.png
325KB, 640x480px
>>29574750
Super Lionmen you say?
>>
>>29575571
that number was their combined weight, not their individual weights
>>
>>29586106
Except there are several pokemon that get access to recycle and trick/switcheroo/bestow, so hand them a leppa berry and you have infinite PP factories.
>>
In the fight, do Pokemon follow the in-game rules or follow thier lore potential? Likewise, do the lions follow in-gam rules or not?

If Pokemon follow their lore, Pokemon win, no doubt.
If lions follow real life rules, they'd all starve.

However, if both lions and Pokemon follow the in-game rules, lions would win due to all mons Stuggling to death eventually.
>>
How about this
1 billion lions vs. the original 151
They can bite ghosts if they can catch them
>>
>>29571571
couldn't Palkia just send them all into oblivion?
>>
>>29586576
Well 1 billion lions beats all 721 easy as fuck so obviously that means the first 151 isnt even worth asking
>>
>>29581845
All the lions have normalize as their ability.
>>
>ITT: retards sayimg one pokemon will use a move to remove all BILLION lions
You uneducated twats must not realize what one billion means
>>
>>29572588
>"muh LEGEND is super OP!!1"
>FEAR
I thought we were better than the youtube commentators
>>
>>29572606
Same way you touch them in amie without burning to death
>>
>>29572662
>bite
Checkmate atheists
>>
>>29573158
>All pokemon without soundproof die
>all legendaries
>even misdreavus
>all lions from across the horizon finish it up
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.