[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this older red was based off the remakes, which came out in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2693.jpg (201KB, 975x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2693.jpg
201KB, 975x832px
If this older red was based off the remakes, which came out in 04, wouldn't that mean he's 22 years old?
>FR/LG came out in 04
>Red is canonically 10 at the start of his journey
So he isn't some 30 year old man child?
>>
Not exactly because this Red isn't actually FRLG universe Red nor is he RBY universe Red, he's from a new Pokemon universe where Mega Evolution exists.

Study pokemon Multiverse first, pleb.
>>
>>29569082
Okay, Well In that case what year did origins take place in?
>>
File: 1453396605944.jpg (96KB, 627x492px) Image search: [Google]
1453396605944.jpg
96KB, 627x492px
>>29569082
>parallel universe shit
This shit only started because ORAS didn't have a Battle Frontier and now because some characters grew and some didn't
Why can't you just accept that GameFreak simply didn't give a shit?
>>
>>29570032
No, it started because they believed a twelve year old tribal cultist who didn't even have her shit straight and almost ended the world twice.
>>
>>29569051
>Red is canonically 10
11, not 10

No protag has canonically started their jouney at 10 so far. That's anime-only bullshit
>>
>>29570032
No, this shit started when characters in Episode Delta talked about it and how there are universes where the same events may have happened but with multiple differences like the concept of versions or mega evolution.
>>
even if he is in his 30's, how is he a man child?

He's the pokemon champion of his region, he's basically a superstar

He became an autistic recluse for a while, and went to become stronger in the mountains, and is obviously only now becoming more social and rehabilitated into society.
>>
His shirt says "96".
You know, the year pokemon came out in Japan.

I'm 27, I'm going to be playing Pokemon when I'm 30. I don't know why underage ban seems to think your hobbies magically change when you hit a certain threshold for age. They don't.
>>
>>29569051
Blue looks like trans girl with those hypes
>>
>>29570174
YEAH I REMEMBER MEMBER BERRIE !

1996 +10 + 20 = 30 Years Confirmed
>>
>>29569051
I don't get the he's a man child meme.

>>29570032
I always viewed it as saying every individual cart is its own seperate universe, ie justify why I can have a team of 6 rayquazas.
>>
>>29570525
>I always viewed it as saying every individual cart is its own separate universe, ie justify why I can have a team of 6 rayquazas
This is the correct answer. You can create three loose timelines out of Gens 1-2, Gens 3-5 and Gens 6-7, but even then these timelines don't hold up to much scrutiny. There's a lot of holes in them
>Gen 2's Red team suggests he's from Pokemon Yellow, except if that's the case then why does Blue/Green's team stink of Pokemon Red and Blue?
>Likewise, Yellow couldn't be the canon game of the HGSS timeline, it would have to be either FireRed or LeafGreen, surely?
>ORAS and XY seem to suggest that the new universe equivalent of Brendan/May's story takes place not long before XY, but we know that can't be the case while also remaining consistent with FRLG
>Which one was even the canon one? Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire?
>Characters not aging in the PWT
>Likewise in the Battle Tree

As I understand it, there is a basic timeline that rings true across all of the timelines: in every timeline, Kanto's adventure is the earliest, Johto comes after, Sinnoh is slotted in somewhere and BW/BW2/XY take place near the very end of the established timeline. These facts remain true in every game, but the smaller details fluctuate at the whim of the developers, and they made a right fucking mess out of Hoenn.

I'd have thought the references to a "Link Cable" in the Delta Episode made it more than clear enough. Every single copy of the game is it's own universe. There's a general timeline but they've written this rule in so they can fuck around with whatever they want and not face any real consequences in the canon. It's the ultimate "Get Out Of Jail Free" card, now that they've come up with tacky multiverse bullshittery they can pretty much put any character (at any age), any Pokemon or any event wherever they fucking want.
>>
>>29570289
1) +11, Red is 11 in RBY
2) In game time doesn't pass at the same rate as real world
3) The only reason there's any argument is due to BW and B2W2 throwing a ton of wrenches
>>
>>29569051
>11 + 12 = 22

What?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.