[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>implying GF isn't biased with certain starters Decidueye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: raw.gif (839KB, 380x212px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
839KB, 380x212px
>implying GF isn't biased with certain starters

Decidueye will be GF's baby this time, it will be powerful compared to the other two. They did the same thing with their older mons and even those that lagged returned with fanfare (Charizard, HA Blaziken).

So pack up and better box that mon of yours unless it's the owl.
>>
If you hate her bias so much then break up with her, jesus
>>
>>29569064
We're fucking but not dating.
Someone else can pick up the tab if you catch my drift.
>>
>>29568177
>Decidueye will be GF's baby this time
Why? Grass/Ghost is shit typing.

Meanwhile what'sherfuck is Water/Fairy which is GOAT tier typing. It's obvious she's the favorite.
>>
Not every gen has a forced popularity mon. Especially as far as starters go, Greninja was the first really popular one in a long ass time
>>
File: 1476839994264.jpg (22KB, 599x335px) Image search: [Google]
1476839994264.jpg
22KB, 599x335px
>>29568177
>Boxing your mon if it isn't the gen's favorite

no fuck you and your mainstream tastes
>>
>>29568177
All of the starters are going to be good competitively, don't kid yourself. They'll all be UU.
>Decidueye gets Spirit Shackle for muhmentum and will probably have a good movepool to go along with it
>Incineroar is the fastest and strongest of the three, and will probably get Fighting type coverage
>Primarina is a bulky Water/Fairy, which is just automatically good
>>
>>29569140
>1
Charizard
>2
Got me here.
>3
Blaziken
>4
Infernape
>5
Got me here.
>6
Greninja
>>
>>29569140
Did GF really expect it to be this big?

They asked for it in smash before XY even came out
>>
>>29569171
>All of the starters are going to be good competitively, don't kid yourself.
No they won't.
>They'll all be UU.
UU isn't good.
>>Decidueye gets Spirit Shackle for muhmentum and will probably have a good movepool to go along with it
Spirit Shackle will be shit for the same reason Mean Look is. If Decidueye switches out, the effect wears off. You just switch into a counter before he uses it and he's fucked.
>>Incineroar is the fastest and strongest of the three, and will probably get Fighting type coverage
Fire/Dark is shit typing. Even a mega couldn't fix Houndoom.
>>Primarina is a bulky Water/Fairy, which is just automatically good
Correct, this will be the only good one. Especially if it gets support moves like heal bell and wish with a solid HP stat.
>>
>>29568177
Woah guys i can believe this, i mean after all these years of starter pandering GF really has its favorite.
>>
>>29569177
Blaziken only until later, it wasn't forced at time of release. Infernape no. You can just change most but maybe Blaziken into "Got me there" and admit it's basically just Charizard and Greninja.
>>
>>29569177
for 2 isn't it Feraligatr and 5 Serperior?

>>29569250
nope, Blaziken in fact was revealed quite early on compared to the other two, and even got a mega eralier
>>
>>29569250
>Infernape no
The Ashnime shilled it like crazy and it was the only one of the three good competitively. Not to mention if you didn't pick it ingame you were fucked into only having Rapidash as a possible Fire type.
>>
>>29569206
It was the other way around.
GF gave Sakurai the Gen 6 designs and he liked Greninja.
>>
>>29569230
>Spirit Shackle will be shit for the same reason Mean Look is. If Decidueye switches out, the effect wears off. You just switch into a counter before he uses it and he's fucked.
Are you a retard or something? Mean Look is shit because you're wasting a turn and doing no damage. Meanwhile with Spirit Shackle you actually do damage and can control what your opponent does. You get into a game of "muh 50/50's" because your opponent wants to switch to a counter, but also can't afford Decidueye to set up with a substitute. You make easy predictions, trap an opponent in, and then switch out to an appropriate counter to whatever you've just trapped, gaining the momentum of the battle.

It's not like Mean Look, because Spirit Shackle actually does damage. So you can wear your opponent down. It's like U-Turn or Volt Switch where you hurt them and control how the switching of tha battle goes.
>>
>>29569230
>Fire/Dark is shit typing. Even a mega couldn't fix Houndoom.
Fire/Dark is actually pretty good. Houndoom sucks because of other reasons. Namely no abilities, poor BST and stat distribution, and an inability to hit hard enough. Incineroar will likely have all of that fixed.
>>
>>29569276
Only in dp, in pt you can catch a Houndour.
>>
>>29569230
>>29569370
Houndoom suffers because
>mediocre special attack AND speed, forcing you to make a sacrifice for one of them on specialized sets
>needs to go Mega in order to be useful, which uses up a Mega slot you could be using for something else
>even then, 145 special attack with no boosting item (or reliable boosting ability) is pretty bad

Incineroar is gonna be fast, because of how starter stats scale and how Litten is the fastest. It's going to hit hard too, obviously, so we know it won't be a sacrifice to choose between one or the other like with Houndoom. And it won't eat up your mega slot. Incineroar with literally any decent attack stat + a boosting item already out damages M-Houndoom, and it's likely faster than regular Houndoom anyhow.

Just slap a choice band or a life orb on that shit and give it Flare Blitz/Crunch/EQ/Superpower and you're good to go.

Saying that Fire/Dark is a shit typing because of Houndoom is like saying Dragon/Flying and Bug/Steel are unsalvageable because Noivern and Escavalier exist.
>>
It seems they're giving Litten to ash, though.
>>
>>29568177
Please. It's the only one of the three who doesn't have dual type advantage.
>>
>>29569637
> Dragon/Flying and Bug/Steel are unsalvageable because Noivern and Escavalier exist.

two of my favorites ;___;
>>
>>29569639
Ash MIGHT be getting Litten but it's already 100% confirmed that his main starter will be Rowlet.
>>
I forgot, but did the signature move of the based ghost owl deal damage AND trap the enemy or was it trap without damage?

We know anything involving trapping enemies is easily banned into ubers
>>
>>29569672
It does damage.
>>
>>29569135
How is Grass/Ghost bad? 4 resistances and 2 immunities. Along with decent coverage and its own signature move that's 1000x better than the other 2 starters's moves.
>>
>>29569683
Seems pretty strong then, doesn't it? Might put it into OU already
>>
>>29569637
>Incineroar is gonna be fast because of muh starter scaling
Sure kid. We'll see.
>>
>>29568177
They're biased in every gen with (occasionally) starters and (usually) legends
>Gen 1
Red, Charizard
>Gen 2
Lugia
>Gen 3
Groudon (although Kyogre trounces it, Groudon was promoted more)
>Gen 4
Dialga
>Gen 5
Reshiram, Serperior
Gen 6
Xerneas, Greninja
Gen 7
Appears to be Solgaleo and Decidueye
>>
>>29569866
I felt like Giratina would be the pick for gen 4
fucking everywhere
>>
>>29569902
I was discounting the third games, as they almost always (except suicune) supercede the others in terms of promotion. E.g. Emerald (Fug), Platinum (Giratina), BW2 (Kyurem), Yellow (Pikachu).
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.