[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who wishes Red's only appearance was RBY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: red.png (445KB, 498x1280px) Image search: [Google]
red.png
445KB, 498x1280px
Am I the only one who wishes Red's only appearance was RBY and G/S+HG/SS?

When you find him atop mount Silver it's such a cool moment because you've heard people mention this character before, the audience obviously knows who it is but you almost don't expect to see him in game. He's been away training for so long that his silence is understandable and not just because his character didn't speak in his own game.

Having him make these awkward cameo appearances kind of takes away from his "legend" so to speak. Also his new mouth is shit.
>>
>>29566007
A legend? He's an autistic man-child.

What a hero.
>>
I like how a character we used has been completely taken away from the player and made their own.
>>
No I don't mind seeing again because I like that we get more optional fights.

However he is the most overrated Pokémon character among the fanbase.
It's very ridiculous now.
>>
Fuck that, I wish I could go back in time to ensure that Gens I + II never existed and have them start with R/S/E instead.
>>
>>29566026
this. He may be strong trainer, but he is a dochebag awkward with zero social skills,
>>
>>29566026
He doesn't talk because he is the player from the previous game. If his only cameo was at the end of G/S he wouldn't seem that way.
>>
>>29566067
l-like me...
>>
>>29566084
No, he doesn't talk because he has no social skills like the people who project onto him.
>>
>>29566084
no. at this point is his personality trait.
>>
He didn't even called his mother to tell he was on mt silver. Weird guy...
>>
>>29566104
>>29566108
Don't you think it would be pretty odd if all of a sudden a character who NEVER SPOKE in his own game (minus the copycat thing) suddenly has all these lines of dialogue?

> "Heh, so you climbed up this mountain just to fight me? Listen kiddo, ya better have your full restores ready...you're gonna need em"
> unsheathes katana

Red doesn't talk because he is the player so he doesn't have a defined personality. That is literally it. People who claim he's autistic seem to be the ones projecting..
>>
File: images (17).jpg (14KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
14KB, 320x180px
>>29566054
>mad hoenn fag

these hoenn fags the biggest cancer in the pokemin fan base.

Pic related, even mischa is less cancerous than all the hoen fags that hate gen 1, 2 and 4
>>
>>29566168
they did that because he represents the player, but at this point, Red is the unique canonized protagonist, and his trait is being mute. So the developers played with it. Even Blue joked with this fact, but for those who aren't in the fandom and can't understand the internal joke, in the end Red will came as awkward.
>>
>>29566067
>He may be strong trainer
>strong trainer
This dude trains a fucking pikachu. That's not strong.

We remember him being strong because we were children but come on, he's weak as fuck.
>>
>>29566197
this is not bad at all. I hate that pixiv pics making him more badass than he actually is. He's just a normal guy from pallet town who became really strong. Not the chosen one, not the profecy guy like some other protagonists. So the way they portrayed Red was on tone, IMO.
>>
>>29566049
This, basically.
In general, Pokemon needs more recurring postgame bosses.
>>
>>29566211
yeah, but in the pokemon lore he is a legendary trainer. I think just a good trainer can make a pikachu usable lol I think some protagonists and important that are probably stronger than him though
>>
>>29566211
At some point Pikachu must have been begging him to evolve.

"Nigga I'm level 88 LET'S FUCKING DO THIS"
>>
File: vac.jpg (179KB, 816x448px) Image search: [Google]
vac.jpg
179KB, 816x448px
>>29566175
>>
File: images (16).jpg (12KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
12KB, 320x180px
>>29566241
Agree. Too many of tbose hoenn fags have autism it seems
>>
>>29566168
Red is just a satirisation of genwunners at this point.
>>
>>29566007
I just hope his appearance implies we'll see other characters who've aged
>>
He already showed up in BW2 so it's a bit too late to complain about that. Also

>legend
Please.
>>
I don't understand this whole Battle Legends Thing at all with Red and Blue. I mean, sure you can call Region Champions such as Cynthia a Battle Legend since she canonically traveled more than one region and is also a champ but for what reason did gamefreak make red and blue battle legends other than nostalgia and the anniversairy? What makes them more special than other champs and protags?
>>
Yes, just you.

I'd love fighting as many memorable trainers and gym leaders from previous games. Having rematches and seeing old characters "grow" and change their teams is fucking great.
>>
>>29567888
>Red
>Blue
>Cynthia
>changing their teams
>ever
I don't even expect Wally to change his team.
Maybe a couple of old Gym Leaders that may or may not show up might change their teams, but important characters and Champions? Fuck no.
MOVES, maybe, but not Pokémon.
I mean I agree with you, I like fighting them, but get real.
>>
>Red is not allowed to come off his mountain because it ruins his public image as that weirdo strong guy in a cave
>>
>>29566054
> A world where Heracross doesn't exist

no thanks
>>
>>29567966
This. I remember when Cynthia had an Elektross on her team in Platinum.
>>
>>29568109
Oh fuck, she got an Elektross in Gen 5? I genuinely didn't remember that.
I recind my comment about Champions changing teams.
I still don't think Red and Blue will have different teams though.
>>
>>29568139
>>29568109
She also had a Braviary in Black and White aswell as Elektross
>>
>>29567966
They changed Red's team slightly from GSC to HGSS, and I'd bet there's a high chance we'll see some mega pokemon, alola forms and Z moves in his new team as well.
>>
I wish Red was given a bunch of level 100 ORAS Wally tier teams after all the first fights with him.

The in universe logic being he uses his favourites but plays for real against people who beat his favourites.
>>
>>29566007
bla bla bla bla bla
fuck off
>>
>>29569008
>didn't sage
>>
>>29566168
It's literally canon though.

>Blue sarcastically calls you a chatty gossip when he gives you the fame checker in FRLG

>Blue literally says "still silent as always" in the new trailer
>>
He's just some dude from a backwater town that's really good at Pokemon, most of his legend is conflated by pixiv tards who think he can shoot lasers out of his eyes

Just let the dude have some fun in Hawaii for a bit, fuck.
>>
>>29566026
>>29566067
>I have no idea what the word legend means but let me give you my opinion anyway
Lol. Just try to keep in mind that you don't HAVE to post every single thought that pops into your head
>>
>>29569036
Those are called "jokes" anon. The characters in the games arent real people, they are actually just pixels created by real people using computers.
>>
>>29566239

Yeah holy shit, a level 88 Raichu with full moves and that experience would be more scary.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.