[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no baby pokemon since gen 4 >probably no baby pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: good feels.jpg (43KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
good feels.jpg
43KB, 600x338px
>no baby pokemon since gen 4
>probably no baby pokemon ever again
>>
>>29562363
Good, they make breeding a nightmare
>>
thank fuck
>>
>>29564276
But there cute! CUTE!
>>
>>29564276
Breeding is pointless busy work and poor game design.
>>
Literally no use. Fucks up the continuity of the games, cards, anime, and comics. What purpose do they have other than being cute dex filler?
>>
>>29564276
First post, best post.

>>29564294
Smoochum is the only one that's cute. All of the rest were a mistake except Riolu.

Breeding a Hitmon___ is awful because of Tyrogue.
>>
File: WEBPAGE_20161031_085518.jpg (41KB, 720x665px) Image search: [Google]
WEBPAGE_20161031_085518.jpg
41KB, 720x665px
>>29562363
>>
>>29564326
Oh, I forgot Togepi. Togepi is alright.
>>
>>29564321

Probably making a smoother, more logical life-cycle.

>your absol gave birth to an absol of the same size
>your gardevoir gave birth to a ralts that is clearly a juvenile but related to its parent
>>
It's nice to see GF acknowledge worthless mechanics by never implementing them again
>>
>>29564332
Come to think of it, that probably does count as a baby Pokemon since it likely can't breed

...The final evolution likely can't breed either, mind, but this is what happens when you start blending a bunch of things together
>>
>>29564321
They allow an older Pokemon to have extra moves that can't fit its main moveset without annoying players who end up just wanting the game to just shut up and stop asking if they want the Pokemon to learn x move

Mind, they rarely use this effectively, but still, in theory baby stages are useful for that
>>
>baby mons
>crossgen evos

>still no crossgen mid evos
>>
Is Phione a baby?
>>
File: rAVEN TITS.jpg (148KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
rAVEN TITS.jpg
148KB, 750x750px
>Dumbasses don't realize that baby Pokemon were implemented to make rare/late game Pokemon more easily available and to give certain Pokemon access to new moves
>They also don't realize that because Baby Pokemon arent a thing anymore they'll have to wait until they are 3/4ths of the way through the game to get a pokemon like Scyther, Lapras, Sneasel, Skarmory, or Drampa
>>
>>29564387
How would that even work?
>>
>>29564321
They expand the pool of little cup without putting in anything overpowered as is the case if you just add a new evolution.
>>
>>29564420
>>They also don't realize that because Baby Pokemon arent a thing anymore they'll have to wait until they are 3/4ths of the way through the game to get a pokemon like Scyther, Lapras, Sneasel, Skarmory, or Drampa

I would much rather get it late in the game with a useful evo than get it early with a worthless prevo.
>>
>>29564589
Give Lapras, Skarmory, and Drampa a pre evo and a useful evo. Best of both worlds. As for Scyther and Sneasel, they already have useful evos so no issues with giving them baby stages
>>
>>29564589
I'd much rather be forced to wait to get it by the time the game is almost over than get a form I have to use for 4 fights and can then evolve
>>
good. the only decent one is Munchlax.
>>
>>29564617
>give skarmory an evo
that worked so well with chansey, didn't it?
>>
>>29564674
Blissey is radical, fuck off
>>
>>29564723
They mean Eviolite and how it destroyed any chance of getting a cross gen evo ever again because of course Gamefreak doesn't nerf one of the most overpowered items in the game
>>
>>29564420
why would i need to wait 3/4ths of a game to catch those pokemon?
>>
>>29564632

Yes, correct, because one is actually useful after the game is over.
>>
>>29564873
Literally no fully-evolved pokemon except for a handful are useful. And the handful are only so because of Eviolite
>>
>>29564420

>that pic

holy shit
>>
>>29564420
Pretty sure they were implemented to introduce eggs and breeding, dumbass
>>
>>29565119
The first set of babies were, Wynaut and the ones introduced in gen 4 had new moves the older forms couldn't learn otherwise.
>>
thank god
>>
>>29564321
They act as dex filler so you can look at the pretty numbers
>>
>>29564317
you're an idiot
>>
>>29564438
Introduce a Pokemon that links two others together.

Midevo between Farfetch'd and Skarmory anyone?
>>
>Baby Pokemon

You mean pre-evos, a Bulbasaur is a Bulbasaur - not a baby Venusaur, the same applies to Elekid.

And they're fine, not everything in the dex needs to be 100% competitive viable or even game-viable. The main series games are the source of Pokemon which extend across the non-game franchise. They're an essential part of world building and generate cute merchandise too.
>>
>>29564420
>>29564385
why dont they just make them learn the move without the new baby pre-evo?
>>
>>29564317
Breeding is probably the best mechanic in any monster raiser.
>>
>>29564332
/thread
>>
>>29564326
This is true. I like a lot of baby Pokemon but Smoochum is the best.
>>
File: 14778810244491.jpg (110KB, 804x1003px) Image search: [Google]
14778810244491.jpg
110KB, 804x1003px
>>29564332
NO
>>
>>29564326
Elekid says hi you fucking nigger.
>>
>>29567085
Theres a list of pokemon that are considered "baby" becuase they cannot breed like how elekid cant breed but bulbasaur can. Google baby pokemon ya dingus
>>
Togepi is alright because it was part of Gen II story. I don't know why Tyrogue is considered a baby pokémon, it doesn't look like and I also like its concept.

I like two or three designs, but it's a shit idea. It doesn't deserve to exist.
>>
>>29564332
How will we be able to obtain another of these if we are going to evolve it? Same for the second stage.
>>
Baby pokemon would need more incentive to have no ones introduced.

I still hold out hope that we will get more cross gen evolutions (other than shitty eevee) at some point. Looking at the Alola dex there are definitely some missed opportunities. I hope we see some evos for those in gen 8 and beyond.
>>
>>29568407
I honestly didn't understood why Komala doesn't have an evolution.
>>
>>29568407
Yeah. Regular new evos were the best way
to update the mons I like. Better than megas/Alolan forms. Gen 2 did this the best way, gen 4 had slightly too many.
>>
IMO new gens should only introduce new Pokemon/regional forms, whereas remakes should introduce babies, Megas and Evolutions.

Also, imo, megas and cross generation evos can and should co-exist, but there should be changes to megas. The stat gains should be reduced in half, and some should be turned into regular Evolutions (mawile, Absol) and regional variants (M-Salamence > Sinnoh Salamence, no stat boosts but keeps Aerialate, justification being that it lives high in the mountains and so has adapted for soaring in the mountains, or Unovan Garchomp, which has adapted to the harsh Unovan deserts), whereas others, such as MegaMom can be kept as megas because it can be seen as a simple power boost.

As far as babies go, I see them as a way smoothing out lines. They shouldn't have any special requirements to breed or evolve, just cutsey little forms that are faster to level up than their adult forms.
>>
>>29567946
Yeah, best baby mon.
>>
>>29568015

You mean like Manaphy/Phione?

I've never heard of 'baby Pokemon' used as an official, Canon term. They're pre-evos.
>>
>>29564826
Because if you're a new player with no other games, a good boy who doesnt cheat and a shut in you'd have no access to them otherwise.
>>
>>29567058
That sounds fucking stupid.
>>
>>29564340
Kangaskhan, biggest oversight since breeding was introduced
>>
File: 697.png (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
697.png
7KB, 256x256px
>>
>>29562363
Ironic since the newer games are for babies.
>>
Let's be real though. How many post-Gen 4 Pokemon need a baby version?
>>
Baby pokemon are only useful if you get them very early in the game.
For example, I raised an elekid in my AS game, and it was actually pretty decent, but I got it around gym 2.
>>
>>29564332
I am autistic and like to keep my legendaries UT in the box. The fact I have to evolve this thing to get Solgaleo and Lunala pisses me off to no end.
>>
instead of babies, wish we get more branched evolution like in sinnoh
>>
>>29571017
Some mons from the newer gens would make more sense if they were sexually immature, starting with Rufflet and Vullaby who are clearly meant to be chicks and not just small birds.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.