[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question: is the pokemon anime actually worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ZYNX.png (96KB, 300x225px)
ZYNX.png
96KB, 300x225px
Serious question: is the pokemon anime actually worth watching?

I'm not a genwunner as far as the games are concerned, but I never watched the anime beyond the Indigo League/ first movie. I've been rewatching it recently for nostalgia/ comfiness and I have to say I'm enjoying it, but I think that may be entirely down to nostalgia. It feels like it was made by a kid with ADHD, some episodes are just full on retarded like the one where they end up working in a hospital superglueing pokemon back together. I fucking love this shit but I also keep questioning what the fuck I'm doing with my time

Is it actually worth continuing beyond the indigo league or will it just lose its charm once the nostalgia goggles are off?
>>
>>29556140
That's for you to decide, Anon.
>>
are you a manchild? maybe worth
not a manchild? nope
>>
>>29556169
I appreciate that you respect my freedom of choice, but I was hoping for some advice from those who persevered

>>29556353
I am a massive manchild and what's worse I'm only somewhat ashamed
>>
Not really, unless you want to witness a favorite pokemon of yours in the anime.
>>
>>29556140
Johto League is very boring and long. Diamond & Pearl is great and has awesome characters and a nice plot. Advanced Generation is good. Best Wishes pretty much boring, but okay. X&Y is really good.

D&P is my favorite, and definitely worth the watch. So are the others. Yes, anon do it.
>>
>>29556140
The thing with pokemon is that it has so many filler episodes that are not worth watching.

I'd look for a list of episodes with interesting/relevant events and battles and stick to those.
>>
Nope, it's trash. I'd sooner recommend Naruto before I'd ever recommended the Pokemon anime.
>>
Yeah, none of the series are honestly that bad, some have more flaws than others. but yeah the anime's enjoyable nonetheless past Indigo League.
>>
>>29556140
If you can get past cringe like sending out a Goodra on a Bisharp or how Ryhorn can faint from electric attacks, still no.
>>
None of the seasons are good by anime standards. I only recommend any if your a fan of the franchise in some way and want to see your favorite mon animated.
>>
>>29556448
This. Just google fights with your favorite pokemon and you got all the worthwhile shit you could need out of it. Hell even ones you don't like. Watching cofagrigus crawl on the floor made me actually like the fucker.
>>
>>29556140
It's dumb fun that's easy to enjoy as long as you don't take it too seriously. Some of my comfiest memories come from /vp/ watches 2bh.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.