[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Disliked Ruby and Sapphire as a kid, they made me drop the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: oras.jpg (137KB, 567x319px) Image search: [Google]
oras.jpg
137KB, 567x319px
>Disliked Ruby and Sapphire as a kid, they made me drop the series for a while
>Played Emerald again a few years after I got back into Pokemon (gen 4), I played it through to completion but still didn't find it particularly special
>Got ORAS last year, actually really loved Hoenn this time around, would probably rank it up there with Platinum and HGSS as one of my favorites of the series
Can /vp/ redpill me on why ORAS is supposed to be so bad?

HARD MODE: No Emeraldshit
>>
People on here only call it bad because there's no Battle Frontier
>>
There's no Battle Frontier.
>>
>>29553736
this
>>
>>29553697
Too much handholding.
>>
>>29553736
This.

>2016
>having internet
>needing a Battle Frontier
>>
>>29553697
it's just a slower and easier version of the originals
>>
>>29553697
People are salty over no battle frontier. That's it.
>>
Game without Battle Frontier: 10 hours for story and then nothing interesting to do

Game with Battle Frontier: 10 hours for story and then 200+ hours of fun, rewarding and replayable content
>>
I liked my copy of Emerald and played it multiple times (though I never actually beat the champion, casual as that seems) and I just don't feel like slogging through OR. Just anecdotal, though.
>>
It it's not a bad game. But it got more wasted potential than the others 2 remakes. The ones that particularly bother me are

>no gym rematches, should be a given on any game right now
>no mega milotic, flygon, slaking, hariyama and a few others
>sky pillar and granite cave butchered, and I liked both

Again, not a bad game but for the gen that's popular as gen 1, that everyone played, be on their epoch or emulated, I expected a masterpiece. Which is fucking weird since Hoenn is pretty much Masuda's baby.
>>
Because HGSS set such a precedent for remakes that people will forever be salty if they do not go above and beyond to make it better than the original in every way.

Honestly I didn't think it was all that bad either, with the exception of the first 95% of Delta Episode and the obvious difficulty drop.

I mean yeah, there's no Battle Frontier, but they haven't had that for a while now. BRING BACK CHALLENGE MODE
>>
>>29553697
Story was somehow made worse and dragged the pacing of the overall game down. Mega evolutions introduced, but not showcased during the story (this shit makes me angry, if you put in a new mon/feature show it to me). Also none of the gen 3 mons that needed it got stat boosts. ORAS is already backwards incompatible battlewise with XY, so they may as well have given stat boosts to Pelliper, Spinda, etc...
>>
It had the same problems as X/Y, but set in the worst region, with a much smaller Pokedex, and removed character customization for no fucking reason.

And, yeah, being worse than Emerald doesn't help.
>>
>>29553832
>Easier
>Using Exp. Share
>>
>>29553697
They are not,ORAS is a good game that i prove over RS in many ways,but first miss the battle frontier and second dislike zinnia so they say its bad even though its not
>>
>>29553873
>Game with Battle Frontier: 10 hours for story and then 200+ hours of fun, rewarding and replayable content
Firstly, 200 plus hours in Frontier? That seems like an exaggeration to me, it really doesn't take that long to complete each facility and get all of the additional goodies. Plus, I'd argue, you can easily get that much time or more out of a gen 6 Pokemon game just by trying to complete the dex and getting into the online features.

I'm not trying to defend ORAS here - they were fatally flawed games - but your logic is flawed
>>
>>29553697
They are good games, I just feel they dropped the ball on making them great.

>no gym leaders rematches
Personally I think (based on nothing) they didn't do it because they couldn't think of designs for Mega Probopass and shit and didn't want to give them different aces as every new Hoenn related Mega is used by a major character in the game.
Starters possibly by Littleroot rival, Altaria by Lisia, Gallade (still in the Hoenn Dex) by Wally, Camerupt/Sharpedo by the evil team leader, Glalie, Sableye, Salamence and Metagross by the Elite Four + champion and legendaries for story purposes

>HGSS had literally almost every Pokémon obtainable yet ORAS has about the same amount of Pokémon available

>low difficulty
Opponents have level-up movesets and only have held items if it's a Megastone
>>
>>29553894
This anon gets it
>>
>>29553697

ORAS had potential to be the best in the series but Gamefreak just didn't want it to be

>Didn't take Emerald teams (excpet for Wallace), even though they are superior
>no replacement for the Game Corner
>Delta Episode is absolute trash
>Contests are even easier and no online contests
>Too much exposition when it was unneeded in the first place and the originals got their point across without a billion cutscnenes
>music for the most part is inferior to the originals (even with GBAs shit soundfont)
>pretty much tried its best to not add anything from emerald even though FRLG and HGSS added things from their third versions

Overall, it's not bad, just very disappointed for what it could have been. Now see that I didn't mention Battle Frontier even once.
>>
>>29553894
HG/SS didn't do that, though?

The game is basically a visual upgrade to Gen 2 with some neat side goodies. They didn't do shit to address the glaring issues Gold/Silver had.
>>
>>29553697
easy as fuck, uninspired, bland.
kill yourself
>>
>>29553697
>Can /vp/ redpill me on why ORAS is supposed to be so bad?
I dont think they're so bad but to me it felt like there was more removed than added, not just talking about the battle frontier, but the safari zone, granite cave, sky pillar and new mauville.

also the delta episode is the most boring pokemon experience i have ever made. even breeding eggs is more fun
>>
File: 1461723123950.jpg (55KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
1461723123950.jpg
55KB, 720x544px
>>29555157
But they did. Anyone saying this hadnt played them.

Everything east of CInawood specifically addresses the game's issues. The Safari Zone gave us more pokemon, made a lot of them less rare as well. It game us a new place to train with level 35 pokemon before the E4. It upped the phonebook to be unlimited so you can add everyone for more rematches, upped the levels of all Kanto trainers and made the mons in Mt Silver level 50.

>>29553697
They are bland and have zero personality. How refined the experience is means nothing if playing the games are boring as fuck.
>>
>>29553988
>implying it's not still easier without the Exp. Share
>>
>>29555108
Honestly Gen 6 had some ridiculously mediocre soundtracks. Removing soundfonts was a mistake desu.
>>
>>29555439
>implying more grinding = more skill
>>
>>29555439
idk the mega metagross hits pretty hard if you didnt grind a lot or made a specific pokemon just for it
>>
>>29555464
>implying you need grinding without the Exp. Share
>>
>>29553873
>fun, rewarding and replayable cont
>Any Pokemon Post game
You're fucking hilarious m8
>>
Delta Episode and Looker episodes are the only parts of Pokemon that have every felt like a traditional RPG quest. I don't know how anyone could dislike doing them unless they enjoy the gameplay of baby RPGs like Pokemon more than a normal RPG.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.