[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone at Gamefreak made a comment on why they removed Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161030_173027.png (346KB, 1439x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161030_173027.png
346KB, 1439x714px
Has anyone at Gamefreak made a comment on why they removed Challenge mode? It was probably the best addition to Gen 5, and I'm not sure why it hasn't returned. It allowed a wider audience to enjoy the games.
>>
Because the jap thinks that normal
people do not have enough time for hard Pokemon games any more.
>>
>>29548659
They have avoided the question in dozens of interviews, and just answer with "we will keep making the single player experience easy as fuck, so if you want something harder then play competitive".
>>
>>29548715
>According to an interview with Junichi Masuda, the Battle Frontier did not make a return in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in part due to the fact that, in the current age of smartphones and similar devices, people have a variety claims on their attention for entertainment.
>>
>>29548764
If I wanted to play a smart phone quality game, believe it or not I'd play a smart phone Game. I don't buy these £40 Pokemon games to have the experience I'd get playing a free game. I want a meaty game packed with content and options
>>
>>29548715
I must say this, considering how bad VGC is, competitive killed this game. XY cartridge had no other use that a tool whereby you could partecipate to official tours.
Single metas aren't good either, they just got worse and worse.
>>
>>29548764
This stuff makes me wonder if autism in Japan has higher rates of happening in Japan. And I mean actual autism.
It reminds me of Sakurai saying Smash 4 didn't have adventure mode because of YouTube having videos of the Subspace cutscenes.
>>
>>29549279
I would say yes, autism in Japan does in fact have higher rates of happening in Japan
>>
>>29548861
Guess why Nintendo is migrating its portable gaming proposals to smartphones.
>>
File: 1456032733368.jpg (148KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456032733368.jpg
148KB, 862x1000px
>>29549315
>>
Because the people clamoring for difficulty are gonna buy the games anyway.

They wouldn't get any extra sales, reviews wouldn't be much better, and so on; why invest the man-hours in implementing a difficulty setting when it won't actually benefit your bottom line?
>>
>>29549420
Because it's fun and you could say that about any individual feature.
>>
I think it was answered when they said that they tend to make new games from the ground up. That explains features being dropped between games/generations.
>>
>>29549450
"fun" is great and all, but there's a certain calculus game devs have to use to choose what features to add. Especially devs beholden to giant publishers and billion dollar franchises like Pokemon.

It would cost time and money to implement a challenge mode. The fun gained from that feature might not be equal to the fun from other features they could add for similar costs; not just to consumers, but difficulty setting isn't as exciting to the devs as well.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.