[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinions Thread >I don't really understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 30

File: IMG_3220.jpg (52KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3220.jpg
52KB, 500x382px
Unpopular Opinions Thread
>I don't really understand the appeal of Salamance
>>
happy happy
>>
>>29548125

Lucario is the most overrated piece of shit in any video game series.
>>
>>29548141
Joy Joy
>>
>>29548146
That's unpopular?
>>
>>29548125
I like the gen 1 starters the least
>>
Besides Rhyperior, all the sinnoh cross evos were great
>>
The digimon anime makes the pokemon anime look absolutely worthless. They're so different but they get compared so often that its painfully noticable.

I like that people are happy with the pokemon anime, but I find it disgusting when they act arrogant. Hell even shit like dub vs sub is sad.

Some of us dont care enough about the cartoon to pull up the subbed version, why should it matter if we dont care? Its the same with anime in general, I just don't care enough about cartoons to eliminate my ability to use tabs
>>
>>29548234
>UNpopular opinions
>>
>>29548243
xy&z fanbase is easily among the worst fanbases in all of anime. even naruto has a better fanbase
>>
>>29548125
I unironically like Incineroar and Primarina over Decidueye. I don't hate it and I can see how people like it,but it's just not my cup of tea.
>>
>>29548125
The series getting easier doesn't bother me at all. As an adult I am their peripheral demographic and I don't expect to be catered to.
>>
>>29548125
G/S/C and HG/SS really aren't that good and their fans have become deluded by nostalgia more than Genwunners at this point.
>>
>>29548275
I remember commenting once "Even naruto has better storytelling" and some faggot followed me up with
>Liking Naruto

How did they make that leap? It should have been obvious that I was insulting both shows.
>>
>>29548383
idk how either considering i feel like there's a good deal of overlap between narutards and xy&zcucks

seriously they're always the same shit
>e-everything was great except the league loss
>you didn't watch it
>>
I have no strong feelings towards the pseudos since I have never used one

I don't really get the appeal of arcanine

The only good gen 2 starter was feraligatr the rest suck and I dont think a mega can save them
>>
>>29548431
I remember watching Shindlers list, say what you will but that fucking moved me to tears.
There are people who feel the same way about the ashnime, people older than me (I'm 20) and I find that absolutely bizarre
>>
I don't understand the appeal of Tyranitar.
>>
>>29548504
>xy&z
>moved anyone to tears
okay i didn't think anyone here was that fucking stupid, even on /padt/ so where the hell do you see this stuff?

>>29548480
same on arcanine
>>
>>29548313
Worst taste on /vp/. Just end your life.
>>
>>29548125
Can you expand upon your statement, maybe qualify it more clearly?
>>
>>29548544
Check youtube for videos ranting about Ash losing, you'll find grown men who do indeed cry about it, and I dont think padt is too high above them
>>
>>29548564
i'll take your word for it. i didn't have much time to observe the buttblast since i had a flight to catch right after waiting for turtonator's reveal
>>
File: 1457167549017.jpg (69KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1457167549017.jpg
69KB, 500x282px
>>29548359
I dont think you can dismiss opinions as nostalgia for any game that comes after Gen 3.

>>29548125
Johto Team Rocket is one of the best teams
>>
>>29548243
What digimon anime are you talking about?
Because only Adventure isnt shit.
>>
>>29548560
Sure! I just think it looks goofy. It's wings don't look stable and able to fly with. They look thin as paper. Plus he looks fat and unfinished
>>
Pokemon could potentially have a great anime but they are too stuck in their ways, will always be eternally mediocre other then team rocket who are enjoyable.

The generations episodes suck ass and take pokemon way too seriously.

Eevee and the eeveelutions are the most overrated pokemon.

Pikachu and greninja are pretty appealing pokemon but they are so forced people hate them for that alone.

Goodra is one of the worst pokemon for the fact it ruined potentially one of the best lines in the series.

Golurk has the best design in the series.

Explorers of the sky is the best pokemon game.

There is no real reason to play R/B/Y and G/S/C other then simple nostalgia, remakes are supperior.
>>
>>29548623
Anon, Sinnoh nostalgia is a thing these days.

DP came out in Japan 10 years ago
>>
>>29548558

(You)
>>
>>29548624
Even the worst digimon seasons make pokemon look pretty pathetic. And I don't know about you but on a recent digimon binge, Adventure didn't hold up as well as tamers, way too many unsympathetic character moments and random wastes of time (Yamato and Mimi are the prime offenders and Sora should have been dropped entirely)
>>
I don't really want Gen 4 remakes. Not only do I think the Gen 4 dex is objectively bad (outside of, what, the starters and the ghost balloons), but when the games came out I was in middle school, and they remind me of my shithead preteen years trying to vigorously prove myself too mature for my childhood. I don't know whether it was that stage of my life or the fact that D+P sucked so hard that I was turned off to Pokemon until BW2 came out.

I mean me too thanks.
>>
>>29548683
tamers became shit once they entered the digital world.
>>
File: boxing sure is neat.gif (928KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
boxing sure is neat.gif
928KB, 480x360px
>>29548184
if it was a popular opinion lucario wouldn't still be in the spotlight ya dingus. /vp/'s opinion of lucario is much different from a vast majority of the rest of the internet.
>>29548125
I fucking love Rhyperior, Magmortar, Ambipom and Electrivire. Every gen 4 cross evo is tops.
>>
>>29548125
Greninja should have had the French name of Amphinobi.
>>
>RSE had great music
>Lickilicky is the only shit Gen 4 cross-gen evo
>Zudomon > Memefrog > Delphox
>BW's new mons aren't that bad, only a handful are shit compared to the rest which are all good in some way. Hell, the starters are still the worst set but they aren't that bad
>DP's anime was fucking shit, if Infernape and Paul had last names, they'd be Uchiha
>I used to agree with the fact that letting fanbases ruin shit for you is dumb, but then Slugfucker happened and now I hate Goodra. Goomy is still the best though
>I fucking love Jojo but I can do without people bringing it up so much in this board
>>
>>29548683
>Even the worst digimon seasons make pokemon look pretty pathetic.

I guess I can agree with that, even as painful as saver was.
And I also did binge all of digimon early this year (yes all the way to young hunters and all movies) and I had the opposite reaction, Adventure is the only one that holds up. Never cared for tamers and I rather dislike it now.
>>
>>29548645
I know people can have nostalgia for the games, I just dont think "they only like it because nostalgia" can apply to FRLG onwards.

It's just a way to give yourself an argument that cant be refuted either way since any response can be dismissed as proving the point.
>>
>>29548766
>Adventure is the only one that holds up.
You don't honestly believe that do you?
Also are you keeping up with Tri and Applimon?
>>
>>29548644
>There is no real reason to play R/B/Y and G/S/C other then simple nostalgia, remakes are supperior

>Unpopular opinions

I thought it was generally agreed that the only reason to play RBY over FRLG is glitch shenanigans. I mean, nostalgiafags would disagree, but who takes them seriously anyway?
>>
>>29548313
Same, I feel like the hoodie thing is what ruins it for me
>>
>>29548806
Why wouldnt I believe that?
And yes I am.
>>
>>29548125
I think Kalos was good as a region because they did a good job of catching the essence of France, but the lack of lore besides cover legendaries and random electronic music (that were good but didn't fit) are the things that ruined it.
>>
>>29548725
Oh I keep forgetting that whole ordeal even happened.
It would have been interesting if the digital world were a fictional plane and the exit from it was a one-way road, but no they have to enter because of the status quo, and a character has a forced appearance because of marketing.
These are horrible, annoying, very POKEMON things to do that really got in the way of the show.

Tamers made the fanbase dumb and obnoxious too, people still think Guilmon needs to fuse with a human to have gallantmon/dukemon as a mega/ultimate, I have no idea WHY the series decided to make the final evolutions require humans merging.
>>
The game makes no sense currently
>>
I like Goo.dra unironically and I don't want to fuck it.
Its pre-evos were better, but I still like it.

>4chan thinks it's spam
>>
>>29548644
>here is no real reason to play R/B/Y and G/S/C other then simple nostalgia, remakes are supperior.
While the remakes for G/S/C do add more content and features, I see myself playing G/S/C more than HGSS because the aesthetic is way more appealing. The colors and sound font they used are great and the sprites are some of the best in the series.
>>
>>29548125
I've loved the gen 7 starter evos since they were first leaked in June
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 687x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 687x960px
There are no pokemon that deserve to be removed. If I had the ability to, I wouldn't even delete my least favorite, because I know there's at least one person out there who loves it.
>>
>>29548828
>I have no idea WHY the series decided to make the final evolutions require humans merging.
It was the natural step up.
The crests shared emotions with the digimon.
Jogress did some kind of mental merge with the tamers.
Then the tamers fuse with the digimon.
Then frontier happened and people hated it.
>>
>>29548892
I think Frontier handled character relationships brilliantly, and the animation for the evolutions was fantastic
But that's about it. If it wasn't outright bad it was boring
The use of previous digimon appearing in the wild did nothing when they did it for every season
>>
>>29548888
quads of truth
>>
>>29548125

Well yeah, it's called Salamence, what fucking pokemon have you been looking at?
>>
File: xlgrns.png (551KB, 634x841px) Image search: [Google]
xlgrns.png
551KB, 634x841px
>Gen 6 is better than Gen 2.

>The worst Fire Starter is still better than most Grass Starters.

>The only thing wrong with Smogon are its complex bans.
>>
>>29548325
what a cuck
>>
/vp/ should not exist.
>>
>>29548325
If that were the case wouldnt it be better to expect a consistent difficulty rather than a lowering one?
>>
>>29548892
The only good thing Frontier brought was the dub's evolution music.
>>
>>29548954
Ass
>>
I like Mega Evolutions due to making useful Pokémon that were otherwise overlooked.

I didn't like Z-move's inclusion due to the fact that if it's wasted on type immunities and Protect means that there will be a lot of ragequitting this Gen.
>>
>>29549147
Implying zmoves are affected by protect
>>
>>29548125
Salamence is ugly. Even in RS it appeared to have an oversimplified design. No detail on its wings? They look like pieces of plastic glued to its back.

At first, I chalked it up to the limitations of the GBA screen resolution. "Surely it will look better with better graphics." But then Colosseum, XD, and DP happened, and Salamence still has the same retarded glued-on wings. It's even worse in X&Y, since they can't even make it look like it flies in a convincing manner.

Salamence has always looked like total ass, and Mega Salamence being the strongest non-legendary Mega just put its ugly ass in the spotlight even more...
>>
Neither do I. Great story told by the evolutions, shit design.
>>
I wish nintendo had made a hostile takeover of GF
>>
File: DWYANE %22INCINEROCK%22 JOHNSON.png (127KB, 490x303px) Image search: [Google]
DWYANE %22INCINEROCK%22 JOHNSON.png
127KB, 490x303px
>>29548125
Okay I'll go.

RBY and GSC are completely worth playing along side FRLG and HGSS outside of nostalgia as both give different experiences than their remakes

RBY Freeze was bullshit but it was fun bullshit

I legitmately love Pikachu

Pre Phys/Spec split shenanigans are incredibly fun to fuck around with, especially with Pokémon like Ledian

Johto's Pokémon are great and it's has so,e of my favorite additions to the dex

Johto's leveling and experience distribution don't bother me and it still manages to be my favorite gen both GSC and HGSS

Hoenn is the only generation i've actively disliked playing despite it having some of my favorite Pokémon.

Gen 4's cross gen evos are all great follow ups to their prevos

Cynthia was the most fun I had fighting a champion and she's now my favorite fight in the series.

I like a majority of Gen 5's Pokémon and even when BW2 gave me the option to use older mons I still choose Unova Pokémon
Megas are good and XY was lots of fun even if the exp. share made it ""easy""

Incineroar is my favorite design from gen 7, I loved him since the leaks in June and seeing him animated in action only made me love him more.
>>
File: princess klefki.png (376KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
princess klefki.png
376KB, 800x960px
Pokemon Y is my favorite Pokemon game
>>
I hate Infernape more than Incenaroar. And I hate Incenaroar alot.
>>
>>29549377
Thats not unpopular.
>>
>>29548644
>Explorers of the sky is the best pokemon game.
I 100% agree.
>>
>I don't get why people like Metagross so much
>Flechinder has a much better design than Talonflame
>Battle Frontier is a stupid gimmick that I've never bothered to complete in any game
>Never understood why people are so upset over low ammount of new mons. I'd rather have 80 well designed mons than 150 with half of them being forgetable and irrelevant
>I really like Swanna and Floatzel is probably my favourite mon despite being a firefag
>I like the megas. There are only a couple that I'd erase
>Wimpods evo kinda sucks to me
>Alola has the best set of starters in the series
>Every next pokemon game improves upon the previous one
>Pokemon designs really started to evolve in the 3rd gen due to Gameboys limitations
>Kanto was really comfy especially since there weren't any emotional moments or villians taking over the world
>Cofagruigus is meh
>Moltres is the best bird
>Bewear is the second best design of gen VII right after Incineroar
>>
>>29549333
sure it is.
I bet you use the undercut with thick frame glasses and use UU teams in OU battles, right?
>>
I don't mind how easy the 6th Gen games were.

Even though I say that, I totally understand that other people like to challenge themselves. So I do think that it's dumb that Game Freak doesn't seem to want to put Challenge Mode in every game.
>>
>>29548888

I defy you to name anyone who has Lumineon or Qwilfish as their hands-down favorite.
>>
>>29549546
Qwilfish is fucking awesome though, try luvdisc
>>
File: shrug.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
12KB, 560x407px
I think B2W2 were worse than their predecessors, mainly because having a new storyline over an old region didn't sit well with me; the world-building on the existing region felt stunted, thanks to the offscreen earthquake that took away old passageways to add new ones, in turn making the region feel unfamiliar and foreign while the game acts as if nothing happened. The change never gets addressed. Playing as a different protagonist with a new order of events than the first games only added to the issue.
The expansion of the Pokedex, White TreeHollow/Black Tower, and Join Avenue were all great, but the change in region and plot felt like a slap in the face.

Also, the fact that you can't complete the national pokedex despite having all four Gen V games really pissed me off.
>>
File: HNI_0026.jpg (90KB, 733x561px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0026.jpg
90KB, 733x561px
>>29548644
>There is no real reason to play R/B/Y and G/S/C other then simple nostalgia, remakes are supperior.
RBY has better TMs than FRLG. GSC had some shitty TMs, but the infinite supply of elemental punches all but make up for it.

Both RBY and GSC utilize the stat exp system, and Natures don't exist. This means that you can catch any cool Pokemon and use it without worrying about it being inferior to another of its species, and use it in any battle without worrying about messing up its stats. This is a simple joy that has been totally gone from the experience of playing Pokemon, since RSE ruined the series. Crystal has the best sprites in the entire series, and it has very rich colors. Nothing looks washed-out.
>>
>>29548704
This is a popular opinion on /vp/. I dunno if there are enough nostalgic millennial normies who actually care/want DP remakes for this to qualify as an unpopular opinion.

Hopefully GF is listening.
>>
>>29549582
>thanks to the offscreen earthquake that took away old passageways to add new ones
Anon, it only affected route 10. And about half of victory road.
>>
I liked the Exp. Share in gen 6 and am glad they're bringing it back for Sun and Moon.
>>
>>29549680
Yeah there wasn't much talk about gen 4 on it's anniversary if places like Twitter are an indicator. And even now there's not much talk of a remake from the fans
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 255x197px
>>29548125
There is none. It's just really strong. It's probably my least favorite Pseudo. I've never really been a fan of it.
>>
>>29549586
>This means that you can catch any cool Pokemon and use it without worrying about it being inferior to another of its species, and use it in any battle without worrying about messing up its stats
You do realise you can do this in any game right? It's not exclusive to gen 1 and 2. With that said gen 1 and 2 in particular don't allow for it in Pvp simply due to the fact that there's no way to monitor or gauge IVs like there has been since gen 3, and yes they did exist in gen 1 and 2. If you want to play against another player in those gens you'll always be wary of your pokemon and that unknown factor.

That joy you have is simply nostalgia.
>>
>>29548125
Limited backpack/item storage should return in future games
The shift to Gen III marked the downward spiral of the Pokemon franchise
Sinnoh is unironically one of the best regions
Generation V is overrated
ORAS ruined Wally
The Alola starters are GOAT
>>
>>29549500
>UU teams in OU battles
Is that tourneyshit?

I just like the game, it's comfy, and I love the pokemon amie feature too
>>
I'm so glad Flygon will forever be a shitmon.
>>
>>29549856
>Limited backpack/item storage should return in future games
Why?
There's literally no benefit.
>>
>>29549687
The point is, it's not the same game as the first two, unlike Platinum and Emerald. It's practically Gen 5.5.
>>
File: Ash_SM.png (55KB, 273x428px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_SM.png
55KB, 273x428px
Here's a big one

I like Ash's new design
>>
>>29550017
Here's another one. I like Ash.
>>
>>29549856
>those amount of items we have since Gen IV
>there are 18 Plates for changing Arceus' type, 4 Drives for Genesect, 48 Mega Stones, and probably more 18 items to change Silvally into one of the existing types, 7 EV Training items, 10+ Trade Evo items
>wanting limited space again
>>
>>29550047
What about this?

I'd suck ash's dick.
>>
>>29550047
sexually?
He is generic as hell what could you like?
>>
File: IMG_1824.jpg (50KB, 597x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1824.jpg
50KB, 597x388px
90% of Pokemon look worse after evolving. It's clear that the first stage is almost always the first to be designed, while the evolved forms are created out of obligation.
>>
>>29548125
>Samurott was the best of the Gen V starters

>but Gen V was utter shit
>>
Eeveelutions are some of the most boring pokemon. There should have only been three.
>>
>>29549680
>>29549726
Yeah I noticed this. No one cares about a DP remake at all.

But maybe it's because they feel fine as they are? If anything I can see FRLG remakes happening, but it would have made more sense to have FRLG remakes on the 20th anniversary instead of SM (I'm glad we're getting SM instead though)
>>
Alolan Persian doesn't deserve the hate. In fact it's much better than genwun Persian, which is some ugly looking banana colored thing with dragonball eyes.
>>
>>29549329
>Gen 4's cross gen evos are all great follow ups

I'll give you this. It lets me run Eviolite Rhydon.

I only really like Honchkrow and Electivire to be honest. I don't hate Magmortar either, but good lord I fucking hate Rhyperior.
>>
>>29549924
Well that is kind of the point.
>>
>>29550440
Rhyperior was my least favourite Pokemon until Hoopa Unbound came along.
>>
>>29550481
Well there ya go.
>>
>>29548558
You're an IDIOT, dude!
>>
File: Trainer_Rhyperior.png (1MB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
Trainer_Rhyperior.png
1MB, 1566x881px
>>29550440
>>29550497
never understood the hate for this goofy motherfucker. I love him.
>>
>>29549856
All of these but the last are the worst opinions in this thread.
>>
>>29550373
>But maybe it's because they feel fine as they are?
Nah, gen 4 is one of the most disliked games for fairly good reasons like the speed, dex, story and what not. It's one of the few games that should have a remake in order to fix it.

I just think it didn't make a very big impression.
>>
>>29550567
Platinum actually fixed most of that
>>
>>29549846
No one in gen 1 or 2 cared about DVs, unless you were playing Netbattle.

In the real game they didn't matter. Make sure none of your physical attackers were female and you were good.

In fact, even when they switched to IVs, no one but the turbo autists stopped to care about them until you got to gen 5. Before that, it wasn't worth the effort for those few stat points.

Only Smogonfags who didn't play the real games would unironically care about DVs and IVs in gen 1-4.
>>
>>29549459
Bewear is top tier
>>
File: jynx.jpg (34KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
jynx.jpg
34KB, 512x512px
Jynx has a great design
>>
File: 1474854745033.png (219KB, 1000x857px) Image search: [Google]
1474854745033.png
219KB, 1000x857px
I don't understand the appeal of gen 3 and I find RSE boring
>>
>>29550628
it was pretty easy to breed in good DVs in gen 2, when they switched to IVs it got a lot harder

I used to play with my buds on stadium 2 a fair amount and we all bred for stats, although perfection wasn't necessary

Also in stadium, the DVs your pokemon had changed its color
>>
I find RBY the most forgettable in the series
>>
>>29550549
Maybe because its stats are just +10 to all Rhydon's stats.
>>
>>29550745
Literally me.

Hoenn has a nice soot route, and Meteor Falls is a great cave, but aside from that it is a horribly bland region. Everything is the same shade of green or blue.

At least Kanto and Johto, when they were new, were primitive enough that you could use your imagination.
>>
Okay let's see
I have enjoyed every pokemon game and region.
I like every starter design except empoleon
>I like Goodra
>I am satisfied with all the alolan forms
>I don't hate mega evolution.
>My favorite episodes of the anime are the ones where ash is mostly absent.
>>
>>29550760
It was not easy to breed for gen 2 DVs. You still had to use an external website to calculate. You had to type in all your stats for each level-up. You couldn't get enough Rare Candies in a single save file to make it easy on yourself.

Yes, there were only 4 DVs and thus it was easier, but it was still a royal pain in the ass.

And I know about the color thing, but for me, I liked the surprise of finding out what color my Pokemon would be in Stadium. I definitely didn't try to shoot for a certain color.
>>
>>29548125
The anime is complete shit and the idiots who watch it that are it are older than 10 are the very people who give the franchise a bad name and have no taste in anime/cartoons.
>>
>>29550317
They need an Eeveelution for all the types
>>
File: rhylift.jpg (372KB, 844x682px) Image search: [Google]
rhylift.jpg
372KB, 844x682px
>>29550549
Rhyperior is criminally loathed.
ironic as its prevos look like fucking shit, even for gen 1 standards
>>
>>29550859
GF shouldn't even bother with graphics and presentation for gen 8, the games should be a series of grayscale shapes and just let the player use their imagination.
This excuse for gen 1-2 doesn't even work and has to stop
>>
My ideal region would only be water. No land at all, just floating towns like pacifidlog and surfing/boating everywhere
>>
Bruxish is rad as fuck
>>
>>29551095
I feel they need only a Dragon Eeveelution, so that all the Special types are represented.
Then they should make a Eevee counterpart with evos with Physical typings
>>
>>29551035
Honestly this. When I was a kid the anime turned me off the entire franchise because of Pokemon spouting their names.
>>
>>29551035
I think this every time I see the usual Anime thread... everyday... then wonder if the people in the thread are under age or just that autistic of a potato.
>>
I'll bite. If the SM anime is anywhere near funny and has that "Gintama but for kids" vibe, I'll watch it. Looks more interesting than the Unova/Kalos series.
>>
File: 1474849609280.png (273KB, 603x514px) Image search: [Google]
1474849609280.png
273KB, 603x514px
>>29551503
>Just that autistic of a potato.
Kek. Hits the typical ash-ime fags pretty much on the nail anon. +1 internets
>>
>>29550616
Eh, it only really rectified the dex to an extent. But that's besides the point.
>>
>>29550859
>At least Kanto and Johto, when they were new, were primitive enough that you could use your imagination.
No.
>>
File: 58464920_p0.png (269KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
58464920_p0.png
269KB, 900x900px
If Pokemon didn't hold any emotional connection to me, I'd have dropped this series like a bad habit years ago due to its exceedingly poor design choices that other companies would never get a free pass for.

I also think Weavile is mascot material.

Alola already looks far better to me than most things to have ever come out of GameFreak.
>>
>>29548644
>the anime team rocket trio
>good
Those fuckers are why the anime is the way it is now. They're an easy formula for the writers to fall back on.

But the one time they start to become actually capable antagonists, Japan goes M-MUH GOOFY TRIO and it's back to BLASTING OFF AGAIN!

Seriously, are you in Japan? Team Rocket is really popular there, and by extension, "Let's stalk Ash across seven regions to capture his Pikachu!"
>>
>>29551851
This sounds like pre release rhetoric that can apply to literally any generation
>Kalos already looks far superior to me than most things to ever come out of GameFreak
> Unova already looks far superior to me than most things to ever come out of GameFreak
> Sinnoh already looks far superior to me than most things to ever come out of GameFreak
>Hoenn already looks far superior to me than most things to ever come out of GameFreak
>>
>>29551773
Actually anon is right hoennbaby
>>
>>29548623
> Johto Team Rocket is one of the best teams
If by that, you mean THE best team, it's not an unpopular opinion. It's the objective truth.
>>
>>29552046
It's actually because of how big and immersive it looks, honest. I genuinely love the series in full 3D and think it benefits the most from the change made.
>>
XYZ isn't a good show, it just has decent animation and pretty stills.
The emotional moments are incredibly forced and rushed, I can't take anyone seriously.

I can't admire the Ash Ketchum character, he has a canon storyline but its treated like he doesnt, so the character as a whole is sort of hard to summarize. For a while it seemed like he was getting less and less expressive, and by the time SM comes out I wont be interested to watch

It really feels like, and I hate to accuse this, that the people who watch it dont watch a lot of other television or read any books, at least the ones that say that it lands somewhere on the "Good" side of the spectrum

People who like Amour and Serena are incredibly annoying now, people only think they're trolling because they're on 4chan and are entirely ignorant that the genuine article amourfan is just as obnoxious even in an environment where they're not allowed to cry "SHITPOSTER"
>>
>>29548480
> I don't really get the appeal of arcanine
It's a giant fluffy dog, it's my favorite color, and the fire type appeals to the ten-year-old in me. It also doesn't look ugly or awkward or anything. It's nothing fancy, but that's why it's so likable.

And if you don't like it, that's fine by me.
>>
File: lumineon.jpg (28KB, 325x238px) Image search: [Google]
lumineon.jpg
28KB, 325x238px
>>29549546
> hands-down favorite
Admittedly, no, but fuck you anyway. Lumineon is awesome.
>>
>>29551503
How can a potato be autistic?
Are you actually this retarded.
>>29551035
You are confusing animefans with genwunners.
>>
>>29552085
No. That's what we call nostalgia.

There are far better looking games on the GB/C than pokemon after all that retain the same feel. Also GSC lost a degree of detail that RBY had.
>>
>>29550216
> It's clear that the first stage is almost always the first to be designed
I think you're exaggerating this one. Maybe you could argue that it's common in the more modern games, but even then, I'd say it's only about two-thirds of them.

But you're correct that the majority of pokémon look worse when they evolve. I'd say this applies doubly to modern gens.
>>
>>29549329
>I like a majority of Gen 5's Pokémon and even when BW2 gave me the option to use older mons I still choose Unova Pokémon

Pretty much how I almost always play BW2. Even in Nuzlockes.

I think Gen 5 has some of the coolest Pokemon in the series (Samurott, Archeops, Gigalith, Eelektross, Scolipede, Golurk, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Krookodile, I even like Vanilluxe a lot).

I don't actively dislike many Pokemon, if any. I wouldn't remove any either.
>>
File: rhyperior[1].jpg (32KB, 288x193px) Image search: [Google]
rhyperior[1].jpg
32KB, 288x193px
>>29550549
It's fat. It looks like it just drinks beer and watches TV all day, instead of destroying Tokyo like it did when it was younger. Can you imagine it stomping on shit, like you can with Rhydon? Not with its feet being that far apart. It looks like it might be able to waddle its way around if you give it enough time. It barely even looks like it can punch you.

It's like Emboar. Fat, ugly, and awkward, and yet we're supposed to think it's tough and ferocious. Maybe there's something wrong with Japanese culture that makes them think fat people are strong.

> but it can shoot rocks out of its arms!
Being strong isn't the same as looking strong, and people are usually more interested in the latter.
>>
>>29551035
Thats not unpopular at all.
The anime IS braindead and for literal kids, this is fact.
>>
>>29551851
Emotional?
Is a pokemon your girlfriend?
>>
The anime is the reason normies hated on pokemon for a period. Especially those that never touched the games because its more accessible.
I see no reason to watch it since every reason to watch it is better represented in other shows
>>
I don't exactly know what a nuzlocke/egglocke/randomizer/whateverthefucklock is. They should stupid af and I refuse to ever do one. Just play the fucking game the way it was intended (though I do respect that people want a challenge and find ways to do so but still..)
>>
>>29548125
Pokemon X and Y were pretty good.

Kalos is the comfiest region and has the best music.
>>
>>29552776
Have you not heard of Sumo wrestlers you stupid american?
>>
>>29552097
its between them and Galactic.

And Skull, possibly

>>29551851
Alola looks alright to me. I'm not expecting it to be more than an 8/10 region.

>>29552241
I agree with all of this.
>>
The art style for generations is so bad and soulless. Same with Origins.

I can't fathom why Pokemon just shits the bed whenever it comes to animation.
>>
Flygon is fucking lame
>>
>>29553080
>b-b-b-b-but the waifus!

Hate those people.
>>
The best pokegirl/pokeboy threads should be banned.
>>
>>29551851
> due to its exceedingly poor design choices that other companies would never get a free pass for.
This, so fucking hard.
> damage scales between 85% and 100%
> wild mons' stats are randomized to no tangible effect
> in any year that starts with a 2
>>
>>29553029
Are they actually taken seriously over there?

>>29553101
What about worst pokégirl/boy threads?
>>
>>29553094
Anti-flygon shitposters are some of the most obnoxious people on this board.

In fact I wonder if it's one guy spamming this.
>>
>>29551019
Well I guess 'easy' is qualitative. It took me 3-4 hours to produce a trained pokemon with 13+ in all DVs, which in my opinion is not too long. Not as fast as now, where it takes around half that time to get a 5 perfect IV pokemon, but certainly faster than any of gens 3 through 5 (without using seeding tricks)
>>
>>29553145
Nah, I was playing Volt White 2 earlier today and ran into a Trapinch. I was just reminded of Flygon.
>>
I feel like the only one that only cares about the games, this board is 99% pokegirls/anime shit now.
Well its lower lately because of all the info for the new games but once they release we will be back to that shit.
/vp/ was a mistake the worthwhile posts could be contained in a single general
>>
>>29553218
I agree sort of. And most game discussion is just shitposting (WHY IS THE OWL A GHOST) or genwars. I wouldn't mind this board being deleted even though it's the only place I browse on this site anymore.

The drawthread's really good though at least.
>>
The literal only reason I keep playing Pokemon is because you can transfer your Pokemon over from previous games. If they ever stop doing that, I'm dropping the franchise forever.
>>
Mega Charizard Y >>>>> Mega Charizard X
>>
>>29553151
>It took me 3-4 hours to produce a trained pokemon with 13+ in all DVs,
You got extremely lucky. The odds and resources were stacked against you whereas in gens 3 and onwards gave you several methods seeing and manipulating those values. Gen 2 didn't you were solely at the behest of the RNG.
>>
>>29553258
If it makes you feel better we'll never have a repeat of the hardware complications that prevented transfer from 2 to 3 because of current technologies and bank.
>>
>>29553307
I'll admit that does give me a lot of reassurance, but I just fear that one day they may have to do something similar for whatever reason
>>
Gen 5 pokemon designs had a high ratio of badly designed and overdesigned pokemon(but it also contains some of my favorites, ironically)
I prefer overdesigned pokemon to real-life animal color swap-mons.
I always liked the drastic changes of each evolution line, with pikipek's line being the sole exception.
>>
File: ms9nxgMclG1qz4rgp.png (48KB, 409x272px) Image search: [Google]
ms9nxgMclG1qz4rgp.png
48KB, 409x272px
Bidoof is cute, I don't understand why everyone hates or makes fun of him/her. I've cried during that episode focusing on Bidoof in Explorers of Sky
>>
I wish there was more art of the Kalos and Alola Starters acting like an RPG party. I think there would be great chemistry between the two trios.
>>
Unpopular opinions for both vp and outside the boards:

I played gen 1 first and the P/HGSS/BW1/2 were the best main games. Colosseum/XD/PMD EiS are the best spin offs.

Gen 5 has good designs overall.

FR/LG are not the worst remakes. ORAS is worst than the originals to me.

Gen 4 have the worst designs.

I want to see cross evos and babies again.

Most of the legendaries after gen 3 don't interest me at all.

I like the gen 2 and gen 5 starters,Charizard, Pikachu,Mewtwo,Lucario and Greninja.

Red is the most overrated character ever. People saying that he has" personality" make me laugh. Wes from Colosseum showed more "personality" in the fucking intro than Red did in the series. The fight with Giovanni in Origins was also shit.

I prefer Crystal's design but I like Lyra's as well.

Blue's rematch in FR/LG, Evice,Cipher admins in Colosseum are the best bosses in the series.

Just because a pokemon might have some "lores" doesn't mean it has a good design. I remember people hating on Alolan Dugtrio then loving them after people it was based on Pele's hair. Rhyperior being based on a construction worker, Klefki being based on fairies stealing items don't make their designs "better" either.

I don't see why the fanbase call genwunners the "cancer" of the fanbase since the true genwunners don't play the new games besides Go and are for the most part, not part of the fanbase anymore.
Hoennbabies and people calling people who don't like a new design genwunners are worst.

I hate gen 6 but Kalos is okay as a region.
Hoenn is fucking overrated and bad after Lilycove City because of water.
Fuck the Mt Coronet and these damn HMs.

I don't see why people love Team Magma, Aqua and Galactic. Also ORAS Tabitha, Archie and Shelly have worst designs/outfits than the originals, though I like ORAS Shelly.

I love the BF but I want to see stuffs like Pokéstudios, Pokéathlon, etc... more.

I use my favorites when I play competitively.

The anime is bad overall but I don't hate it.
>>
>>29553421
I grew to love Bidoof/Bibarel. He pushed every rock, cut down every tree, forded every river, and he was still surprisingly good in a fight when it came down to it. He was the team's roadie, it's real MVP.
>>
I don't care about Ballio, but Roothoot is fucking ugly.
>>
>>29553421
I don't like its design but I like Bidoof better when I played PMD Explorers of Sky.
>>
>>29554033

Generally agree, I do also think most serious Genwunners arent the fanbase anymore, and Hoennbabbies and newgenners are worse

>I played gen 1 first and the P/HGSS/BW1/2 were the best main games. Colosseum/XD/PMD EiS are the best spin offs.
>Gen 5 has good designs overall.
despite shitposters here, this is not unpopular anywhere
>>
>>29548125
>I don't hate any of the cross-evolutions in Gen 4.
>I enjoy the Fire/Fighting starters, and think they only got better.
>Salamance, Tyranitar, and Metagross are overrated.
>GSC and HGSS aren't as good as people think they are.
>Jirachi is best mythical pokemon.
>I do not like Blue.
>Leaf and Kris are better than the others
>Brionne is a blue potato that has a few too many chromosomes and should be put down.
>>
>>29554033
I also forgot to say that even though I like Blue and Silver, I also like some of the friendly rivals as well.
I like Bianca and Cheren (But I guess it's not unpopular) , Hugh and Shauna (just a bit for Shauna). I don't care about the rest.

>>29554390
>despite shitposters here, this is not unpopular anywhere
I actually have already seen some people outside of /vp/ who hate/despise gen 5 for whatever reasons but I guess you might be right.
>>
>>29548125
Using a legendary in-game or online, not matter how shitty it is, is scummy as fuck and should be looked down upon. There are a few exceptions, but shit like box legendaries and mythicals are absolutely off-limits.
>>
>>29554749
I think the problem is that there's really no in-between between goat designs and shit designs with Gen V. You can post shit like Galvantula, Golurk, Cofagrigus, Bisharp, and Whimsicott and everyone will generally agree that those Pokemon are great, but then you post ones like the monkeys, Basculin, the Musketeers and the Genies and most people will say they're shit. There are a lot less designs that people are just indifferent to.
>>
>>29548125
>unpopular

lots of people agree that salamence looks fucking stupid
>>
>>29548125
Gen V is my favorite.
>>
>>29554937
Then what are they for?
>>
>I hate pikachu
>Ho-oh is better than lugia
>Fairy type is the best
>Gen5 is really good even with the pokemon designs
>Vanilluxe is adorable
>Dragonair is better than dragonite
>Pewdiepie is tolerable
>>
>>29554937
I think you misread the thread topic m8. It's "unpopular opinions", not "retarded opinions that are extremely popular because autism".

>not matter how shitty it is
>There are a few exceptions

Make up your mind.
>>
>>29550430
alolan persian is what Purugly should have been
>>
File: 1471561664279.png (15KB, 358x359px) Image search: [Google]
1471561664279.png
15KB, 358x359px
>>29548125
Serena is a shoehorned bland anime troope I dont get the faggots that like her and support amourshipping

BW2 was the last pokemon game that gf put effort

I dont like any of the new gen 7 designs except Vikavolt , they look very bland to me

I hope we get a new pokemon ranger game
>>
>>29555068
>Dragonair is better than dragonite
The thread is called unpopular opinions.

Tyrantrum is the most ugly of all the fossil mons.
>>
>>29548125
>Gen 3 had the perfect amount of water.
>>
There is nothing wrong with double team.
>>
>>29554390
>newgenners
What does this even mean?
>>
>>29549333
>Region Forms will probably be discarded by Masuda
>>
I actually like the Sun/Moon animation style changes and wanted something like that since Best Wishes S2 after they introduced Roxie.
>>
>>29548644

This is definitely not an unpopular opinion on 4chan.

/v/ and /vp/ have always loved that game.
>>
Oh yeah, I few more I just remembered.
>The Genesect movie wasn't nearly as bad as most people say. In fact, I'd consider one of my favorites of all the movies.
>Femtwo is a good character. and she was as a neat contrast to the first movie's Mewtwo. (Where he was confused and couldn't figure out his place among natural creatures, Femtwo was content with living among nature and other Pokémon and believed all life is equal.)
>>
>>29548125
I unironically like Zubat, bidoof, trubbish, vanillish, incineroar, and Zoroark, and generation 5 as a whole.
I unironically dislike Salamence, Cofagrigus, Gengar, Budew, the genies, the gen 4 lake guardians, the gen 2 doggos, the gen 6 mythicals pokemon, or most mega evolutions.
>>
File: 1475722376630.jpg (260KB, 1200x859px) Image search: [Google]
1475722376630.jpg
260KB, 1200x859px
Anyone who actually thought Ash was gonna win the league in the anime shouldn't be allowed to think

Anyone who also believes in the "THE END OF POKEMON?!?!" theory also shouldn't be allowed to think.

Pokemon Go, is alright. A bunch of faggots jumped aboard and pretended to be fans for a few months, but the game's alright. Niantic is making retarded choices, but the game's fine.
>>
>>29554526
You like Emboar, but not Metagross?!
>>
>>29555825
The last Pokemon movie that was worth a damn was The Rise of Darkrai.
>>
I unironically think x and y are the best pokemon games ever. All aspects of the games appealed to me and i thought the new mechanics and concepts were excellent.
>>
>>29556216
I never understood how much love it gets, honestly. I like Beldum and Metang, but not Metagross.
>>
>>29556435
Explain yourself. Prove to me that this is a serious opinion and not just the most contrarian thing you could come up with for the sake of posting it.
>>
I think the Sun and Moon anime looks better with each preview and could be enjoyable. Especially after the last one they showed us.

https://youtu.be/KzA4JtFZI4U
>>
>>29556606
>Sun and Moon looks better with each preview and could be enjoyable

That's an unpopular opinion?

>anime

Oh
>>
>>29556539
Metagross is actually one of my all-time favorites, I have a soft spot for a lot of the pseduo-legends because of the work I put into getting them as a kid. To me Metagross just looks like a badass computer monster, and it's not terrible competitively.
>>
>>29556542
I like megas, thought hordes were an interesting addition. Almost all of the kalos pokemon had good designs. Fairy was a great new type. The region itself had a great atmosphere and for the first time ever i actually enjoyed the characters and their story. The new controls, streamlined menus, and diaganol movement were long overdue as well. Character customization was so good, i hated oras just because it didnt have it.
>>
>>29556766
I have a tendency to like generally disliked Pokemon, and vice versa.

But it may just be a design thing. I love Magneton and Doublade, but not Aegislash and Magnezone.
>>
>I cannot give a single shit about following Pokémon or the Battle Frontier
>I think ORAS was pretty good. Flawed, yes, but nowhere near the travesty /vp/ says it is
>I like Goodra don't wanna fuck it though
>Blue and Cynthia are the only good Champions
>I like the Gen VI EXP Share. It makes the main game too easy, true, but it's a godsend when trying to raise a team postgame
>Zinnia is okay
>I don't like any of the Johto starters
>>
>>29558941
Pardon me sir, but you do know that a man named Steven Stone exists, right?
>>
>>29559119
Steven has 2 pokemon that are really any level of threat, is the issue.
Skarmory, because it's one of the best physical walls in the series.
And Metagross because it was an incredibly amazing type with Psuedo stats.
His team got better in ORAS, due to changes to the actual mons.
Still third best champion.
I'm not the samefag, because Goodra was horribly underwhelming, I didn't know Kalos has a Pseudo for months.
>>
>>29559119
I guess I kinda forgot about Steven. He comes third.
>>
even with all the hordes and amie and power training I still can't be bother to play VGC because its so fucking tedious grinding the mansion to get your moves.

I don't have a problem with smogon, because I have a job and can't play other metas.
>>
>>29556099
The faggots were the best part though.

You could go to any random cafe/bar/plaza/park and everyone was doing the same thing you were, you didn't even have to wonder. People stopped me on the street to ask if I knew where the X was, it was fucking awesome.
>>
>>29559250
I love Goodra, she's a great wall with stupidly good type coverage on special attacks and a pretty interesting design (and should be poison type).
Noivern is the obvious pseudo.
>>
Generation 5 was the crown jewel of the pokemon series and is the absolute peak of quality pokemon has reached.
Also the original black and white are far better than black and white two.

The move away from pixel art was an absolute tragedy. Hopefully after the 3ds gets replaced with a different gimmick, the models will leave with it.

The dumpy art and limited colors of the original games gave them a nice mysterious feel that later installments really haven't been able to capture. In a way the glitches actually make the game feel more deep and interesting.

The sun and moon legendaries are over designed. I do not use that word lightly.

Minor variations in color and size would be extremely good for the series.
>>
>>29548754
>>RSE had great music
How is that an unpopular opinion? You should have said Gen 6 has the best music in the series.
>>
>>29559701
le trumpets meme
>>
Gen 4 had a really awful start with Diamond and Pearl and alienated tons of people.

3d pokemon models are actually pretty good, but most have awful poses and shitty textures

ORAS wasn't bad but it was super disappointing, more things to do would be good

I like Chesnaught
>>
>>29559920
>Gen 4 had a really awful start with Diamond and Pearl and alienated tons of people.

HOW
THE
FUCK
IS THIS AN UNPOPULAR OPINION?

Are these posts bait?
>>
I've never liked Mimikyu. I never got the appeal from it's design, and it's backstory is flimsy.

>inb4 no heart
>>
>>29559701
But Anon, Gen VI has great music
>>
File: 2915214-6224036108-pikac.jpg (19KB, 441x216px) Image search: [Google]
2915214-6224036108-pikac.jpg
19KB, 441x216px
NuPikachu >>>>>>>>>>>> Fat Pikachu
>>
File: 1476246439075.png (337KB, 924x619px) Image search: [Google]
1476246439075.png
337KB, 924x619px
>>29551851
Weavile -is- mascot material.
>>
>>29548125

I more or less like the entire Gen V dex
>>
>>29548644
Actually popular opinion, but might become less popular due to MD fans gushing over it right now on /vp/.
I replayed both RT and EoS and had fun. Should I reset Super and replay it?
>>
>>29550781
Same.
>>
>>29560880
>Actually popular opinion, but might become less popular due to

They've literally always done that since the game came out; both here and on /v/
>>
>>29555010
Likewise.
>>
>>29548125
I'd say "gen 4 was the worst generation" but that's an unpopular fact, not unpopular opinion.
>>
>>29548125
You're underaged. His 3D model is garbage but his gen 3 and 4 sprites were amazing
>>
>>29555068
I agree with all of that except the last two.
>>
File: 1454188266086.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1454188266086.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>I think the pokemon ranger games not counting guardian signs had the best gameplay for any of the spinoff games and probably one of the best soundtracks that could even be pared up with the mainline games.
>I want pikachu's cosplays to come back for sun and moon
>Ice types needs a buff
>>
>>29548644
I like this guy
>>
After loyally following the pokemon franchise for over 15 years I no longer wish to "catch 'em all" and am just goong to play sun/moon to have fun, not to grind out a meaningless number.
>>
>>29560988
His gen 3 sprite is shit and he is overall a terrible design.
>>
>>29548146
I want to fucking hi-5 you bro
>>
>>29561157
>I no longer wish to "catch 'em all"
MODS
>>
>>29561483
Some anons think that the mods are negligent or absent. If that post is still up, those anons may be onto something.
>>
>>29548125
Lickilicky is cute. CUTE.

Kommo-o is really cool.

Salandit's evolution is OK.

All the final Alola starter evolutions are fantastic.

The toucan is great.
>>
>>29548146
I consider that a popular unpopular opinion.
Anyways, I think the new starters don't look that good.
>>
Avalugg is one of my favorite pokemon
>>
>>29548644
>Goodra is one of the worst pokemon for the fact it ruined potentially one of the best lines in the series.
what
>>
>>29562880
no one cares daniel
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.