[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who insist on using all three starters on their playthroughs,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

People who insist on using all three starters on their playthroughs, why? Don't you think that's kind of lame? Wouldn't you rather experience what the region has to offer instead of using the three Pokemon you already know everything about?
>>
anyone who actually does this is underage
>>
File: tumblr_oftl0hXhv41sr00o9o1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1629px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oftl0hXhv41sr00o9o1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1629px
>>29538680
I'm using Primarina and Decidueye because I think they're some of my favorite Pokemon. I've always just used one starter but I'm fine with trying two for once. I probably should have done it with Chesnaught and Delphox.

I'm going to actually collect every mon this time so I don't mind having four non-starters to choose from.
>>
I'm not gonna use all three starters, but we don't know the learnsets of the starters. We know about as much about them as we do most of the gen 7 mons.
>>
>>29538680
I never got why people do this. Same thing with the "I'm going to trade over a <my favorite pokemon> egg because I ALWAYS use a <my favorite pokemon> on my runs" people. Doesn't that get boring?
>>
>>29538744

Why would someone get bored of using their favorite Pokemon?
>>
Why would you care how someone enjoys pokemon?
>>
>>29538757
I don't know. It just seems really boring to me, using the same pokemon every single game. I feel like it limits your options for the rest of your team. If your favorite is Blastoise then you probably don't want any other water types, you need something that can hit hard since Blastoise is defensive, etc. I know that generally anything works ingame, but still.

>>29538790
I'm just curious I guess. Personally, I love making a completely new team of Pokemon I've never used before every time I playthrough a game. Using old Pokemon I'm already familiar with just feels kind of weird. I'm just wondering what other people do/think
>>
>>29538905
All the starters are new pokemon, the only thing separating them from other new pokemon is the arbitrary title that is Starter Pokemon.
>>
>>29539405
Using all three starters is like... easy mode for an already easy game. The game doesn't intend for you to use all three. That's why they give you one.
>>
I would use all 3 starters since this is the first time in years I like all 3 starters, but at the same time using one at a time gives more reason to replay it
>>
File: Terracat watermark gijinka.png (113KB, 646x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Terracat watermark gijinka.png
113KB, 646x1020px
>>29539559
That's more like it
>>
I only do that if I like them all.

Since only one of the three is barely passable, and the other two are disgusting garbage, I won't be doing it this time.
>>
>>29538905
>>29538744
>Using the same pokemon every run.

This is often the genwunners who refuse to use any new mons outside their parties of gen 1 starter trio, dragonite, Mewtwo, and some other gen 1 mon they like.
>>
>>29539537
And again I ask, why would anyone care how someone ELSE decides to enjoy pokemon. It's an RPG, the whole genre is about playing through a story in a way unique to yourself. It's pokemon, there's no real challenge to it no matter what you do. Playing pokemon, the story anyway, for a challenge is a joke.
>>
>>29538680
Starters are easy to get attached to.

The 14-20 evolution range than 32-40 is just perfect for pokemon games
>>
No and No

I like them so I'm using them
>>
File: 1357756338383.jpg (67KB, 606x580px) Image search: [Google]
1357756338383.jpg
67KB, 606x580px
>>29538680
Not even quality fanart can make me like these starters.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.2022122.jpg (545KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.2022122.jpg
545KB, 1300x1000px
>>29538680

This thread is comfey.
>>
>>29538680
It will be the first time I use two starters on my first run; Robinhoot and Luchalitten. I sincerely love both lines. I don't feel like it will ruin the fun because, assuming the Exp Share is like XY, I'll do the same thing I did there and rotate my team, building a different one from each Island and then make an All-Star for whatever comes at the end.

My end team will probably looks like Rowlet and Litten, plus one "ace" from each of the 4 islands.

And I don't choose which Pokemon those will be in advance. I allow myself 2 Pokemon caught max of each species, and will see what good team I can build from that. All I know is that there will be one Alola form
>>
>>29538680
I'd say its easier rather than lame or boring for myself. If I like all the starters I really wouldn't have much reservation in trying all three out in a run. I have in post-game stuff plenty of times, but then again that's post-game and not the initial run.

If nothing else, you have 3 other slots to try out different Pokemon with, and if you like something better you could switch a starter out.
>>
>>29539998
Cheers to that m8.

I think I might do something similar. If the XY exp share mechanic is back then I'll probably raise all three but win each one the head of a new team of Pokemon
>>
File: 1477364490023.jpg (187KB, 598x465px) Image search: [Google]
1477364490023.jpg
187KB, 598x465px
>>29538680
I'm thinking about doing it because the owl is the best starter, the tiger is the only non shitty designed fire type this gen, and I would feel weird having only 2 starters, the seal looks great tho.
>>
>>29539998
>assuming the Exp Share is like XY, I'll do the same thing I did there and rotate my team, building a different one from each Island and then make an All-Star for whatever comes at the end.

I think I might do this too. I started doing that in XY since my team was so overleveled but it was annoying not knowing when to switch my team around. I like your idea of switching at the different islands.
>>
All the team rating posts I see have only 1 starter, and just a few 2. I was about to ask where the triple starter teams were.
>>
File: alolafullteam.png (2MB, 1920x679px) Image search: [Google]
alolafullteam.png
2MB, 1920x679px
>>29539998
I agree, if the game is easy just train lots of Pokémon at the same time. The new Box training mechanic also helps.

(this is my current planned team)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.