[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain how to build a good team? I fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1471293993679.png (407KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
1471293993679.png
407KB, 600x594px
Can someone please explain how to build a good team? I fucking suck.
I already can breed penta iv pokemon so that's not the issue.
>>
>>29535501
watch pokeaim you will learn a lot and blunder
>>
Play Showdown, don't put your effort into building real teams until you have good experience actually battling.

Showdown is the perfect place to train.
>>
>>29535556
I've already played showdown and I've already pulled a good amount of victory out of my shit teams... But they're still shit. I heard you need to have at least one steel type in every team. Is that true?
>>
depends, some people say you need a fairy or a dragon or a water type for every team. Ultimately is how they compliment eachother cause if you just use Dragon/Flying and Bug/Flyiing pokemon you'll get BTFO with like an Assault Vest Omastar or something. Point is make sure you have an Ace that's like your key player, a good defensive core (for me Donphan and Milotic with a Sap Sipper Pokemon or the like works wonders) and of course your trimmings aka pokemon that help suppliment the rest, be it tanks or stalls or mauls or etc. Ultimately make sure you know how to counter common fucks like M-Kang and Lando-T, an alright example of this but still iffy is like Bold Jellicent with W'oWisp and Scald
>>
>>29535501
This tbqh
>>
>>29535588
pick a good pokemon

add things that benefit that pokemon

make sure you have no holes in your team (like having several mons weak to the same thing and no counter to that type, having no physical/special attack, having no special/physical wall, etc)
>>
Pick a pokemon you want to build around (e.g. Manaphy)
Pick pokemon that counter it's counter and checks) (e.g. Manaphy dislikes opposing Water-types and is easily revenged by fast electric-types, so maybe you want to use a bulky grass-type to check them like M-Venu, Amoongus or Tangrowth)
Pick pokemon that counter/check the counters/checksyou added (e.g. Grass-types lose to Talonflame, so maybe you want to use a Tyranitar, Slowbro or Rotom-W)

Continue doing this and play test it. You will learn what you lose to and what you can beat and you should make changes accordingly

then you make a new account and ladder with that, because presumably the old account will be shit since you probably lost some early games
>>
>>29535501
Pick a win condition - usually, something that's unbeatable once it's set up. Might be something really balky that can set up defenses and ongoing damage, or something offensive with plenty of speed. Or it might be something weird, like... a fuckton of hazards and something that can shuffle. I dunno.

Then think about ways that that pokémon could fail to properly set up. Then add pokémon to your team that can prevent those failures or deal with their consequences.

I'm actually terrible at competitive, so take this with salt.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.