[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wouldn't you Mega first turn? I can't think of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: blaz.png (498KB, 1024x1348px) Image search: [Google]
blaz.png
498KB, 1024x1348px
Why wouldn't you Mega first turn? I can't think of any real reason. I mean yeah, there are a few such as Gengar, Sableye and Slowbro whose abilities change drastically and need to be played at the right time. But the basic ones that are meant for kids like Blaziken, Kangaskhan and Charizard, I don't understand why people wait until late game to Mega them.
>>
>>29535364
>I don't understand why people wait until late game to Mega them.
>Charizard
>Blaziken
Bad examples dumbass.
>>
>>29535364
Altaria can avoid spikes and tox spikes and ground type moves by not mega evolving right away...
>>
>>29535364
There are pokemon like heracross, slowbro, gyarados and scizor that can feign nonmega sets, which is useful if you have another pokemon on your team that also has a mega. Megas that change type or that can make use of their not mega abilities, like Altaria, also gain from stalling.

if you mean "why doesn't everyone start the match by going mega on turn 1", it's because you lose nothing by scouting the opponent's team and you take on the unnecessary risk of having your mega maimed or KOed
>>
Well, a couple of factors.
The first couple of turns are important to set up your plays. Another reason is that a mega might have to go up against 4-6 pokemon, which means you might lose one of your winning mons, it's best to let your others shine, otherwise what' the point of having them on the team if they aren't going to do anything?
Put whatever get's your strategy off the ground.
>>
>>29535364
Uhhh charizard? Ground resistance and mindgames. DUuh
>>
I'v actually seen a game where someone used dd Mega Charizard Y. They had it so they spammed dragon dance before mega evolving, trying to trick the opponent into sacrificing Clefable or something. It also helped it outspeed Excadril.
>>
File: image.png (351B, 125x133px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
351B, 125x133px
>>29535421
sick reading comprehension my man
>>
Kangeshan can hold off on mega evolving so it can fake out ghosts.
>>
>>29535578
that's retarded
post the replay
>>
>>29535364
Looking cool
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.