[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At the leak of the dex everybody assumed that Pikipek line was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: pikipekline.png (43KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pikipekline.png
43KB, 600x800px
At the leak of the dex everybody assumed that Pikipek line was a 3 stage line, but what if it's like the Rockruff one
Which one make more sense for you ?
>>
I was thinking the same, This would make sense
>>
>>29531972
being a 3 stage line, makes more sense in progression and tradition
>>
Its okay to be in denial, but once you're proven wrong you're not allowed to act butthurt.
>>
the second one clearly progresses into the third one.
>>
>>29532020
What are you talking about man-?
>>
>>29532020
Uh, he is not in denial at all.
>>
>>29532010
Noctowl and Swellow exists y'know
>>
>>29532101
>implying owls are birds
>>
>>29532101
did they have split evos?
>>
>>29532129
Why not making a little change for once?

Now that we have pokeride, most people wont use the regional bird. This could be a good reason to use it
>>
>>29531972
it's the same pidgey line I'm sure
>>
>>29532129
split could be seen as the gimmik of this gen if Rockruff line, Pikipek line are split evo and Cosmog becoming Lunala or Solgaleo is confirmed
>>
>>29532189
Source, your ass.
>>
>>29532206
>leak says common pre-evo for Solgaleo or Lunaala
>Cosmog and it's evo are right after The box legends in the dex
>>
>>29531972
as much as i hate Toucanmon, it just wouldnt make sense for it to be branched. it'd be more believable if it had a branched mid-evo mon

i think
>>
>>29532189
>>29532206
well it would be kinda disappointing if that gimmick was exclusive to rockruff and cosmogs evo
>>
Are you faggots forgetting that the Pokedex confirmed Pikipek is a three stage line?
>>
>>29532405
The pokedex only show them next to each other, it's like saying that Wishiwashi is the evolution of Lycanroc because of the dex order
>>
>>29531972
i toucan't imagine pikipek having a split evolution.

because not a single bird pokemon had a split evolution (as far as i know).
>>
The dopey looking pecker screams midstage to me. It looks "unfinished" like most midstages.
>>
Or what if the toucan is the alolan form and the woodpecker is a non-alolan form that you can't even get normally
>>
>>29532465
Um he means the actual in-game Pokedex shows 3 Pokeballs anon...
>>
>>29531972
I like how everyone hates Pikipek3 when the second is the true insult to the line. Could bypass it entirely and nothing of value is lost
>>
>>29532465
No.

The new Pokedex shows families. When you capture a Pokemon it shows you how many times it evolves. Pikipek evolves twice.

And no it's not like this because of a form difference. Those work like they did in past games. Pikipek is a three stage family.
>>
>>29532561
Agreed. The toucan is alright, better than Pikipek imo, but that middle stage is disgusting. Worst new mon.
>>
>>29532589
/thread
>>
>>29531972
Or we could stop trying to explain things before rlease and accept that this is a Pokemon game and not every evolution makes sense in it.
>>
I'm still trying to wonder what in the fuck is going on with toucan's eyes.

Like, they legitimately freak me out.
>>
>>29532589
Show me Snorunt or Ralts
>>
>>29532561
My problem with Toucan Sam is that he's just so different from Pikipek. I don't even mind that he's a toucan. It's just that he looks like an entirely different Pokemon repainted to pass for Pikipek's evolution because they didn't know what to do. He's also really, really bland. Not simplistic, just bland.
>>
I don't get what's so hard to accept about toucanmon. The line follows pretty simple progression

>beak gets bigger
>beak gets more colours
>red patch moves down the body
>gets more pissed off
>>
File: 54.png (310KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
54.png
310KB, 672x372px
>>29532640
Even better, have Eevee
>>
File: SMDex.jpg (61KB, 789x481px) Image search: [Google]
SMDex.jpg
61KB, 789x481px
>>29532720
Beat me to it.
>>
>>29532720
Eevee is different you have to fit 8 evos in one screen
>>
File: We want the mobile audience.png (39KB, 366x305px) Image search: [Google]
We want the mobile audience.png
39KB, 366x305px
>>29532631
>>29532631
It is mad as shit and probably the angriest bird you will ever meet.
>>
>>29531972
Most pallette elements stay the same across the entire line.

All three share the color of the feet, the grey and white body with small red accents, and the color progression across the beak. Compared to Politoed/Poliwrath or Bellossom/Vileplume where they share some design but are quite different.

I'm going to ignore the Ralts line because it's a branch at the 2nd stage and say the only counterargument is the Slowpoke evolutions, where it would be easy to look at the three of them in a national Dex and make the same argument.
>>
can't believe how much they ruined pikipek
>>
>>29532749
and i assume slowpoke would have three spaces. one for slowpoke, one for slowbro, and one for slowking.
>>
>>29531972
the three stage makes more sense, pek2 doesn't look like a fully evolved pokémon. and i don't like the toucan very much
>>
>>29532052
>the second one clearly progresses into the third one.
Yeah if you are balding. they should've kept the tuff.
>>
File: national.gif (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
national.gif
6KB, 240x160px
>>29532749
It shows us that the pokedex is not like FRLG's pokedex, where split evolutions are still arranged in a line. If this was the case, Eevee would not be in the middle of the screen.
>>
>>29532912
>legs get more blue over time
>beak gets longer and more colorful
>expression gets angrier
Seems like progression to me
>>
>>29532912
The tuft would be extremely silly on the toucan. It would basically be a backwards beak on a bird that already has an extremely large beak.
It would look like some kind of pick or pickaxe.
Actually that sounds pretty cool
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.