[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, is it outdated? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthr e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: lIWRtdC.png (13KB, 479x426px) Image search: [Google]
lIWRtdC.png
13KB, 479x426px
Well, is it outdated?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1302083
>>
How the fuck is it outdated?
There's two genders, and you're asked to choose one. I don't understand how this is difficult.
>>
Who gives a shit?
>>
I literally had a thread up that was deleted.
In case of this. Yes, it is.
>>
>>29530702

>he doesn't know
>you can only be superior male in GB games

wew
>>
File: 1456141895338.jpg (183KB, 977x781px) Image search: [Google]
1456141895338.jpg
183KB, 977x781px
>>29530671
Yes.
>>
"I mean what if someone in real life went up to people and asked that question?"

When was Pokemon even supposed to be realistic?

>>29530721

This.
>>
>>29530671
My God, this is so stupid that it isn't even funny
Literally fuck off back to tumblr
>>
Seriously how can americans be so dumb. Every species have 2 genders as a result of the evolution.
>>
>>29530808
But now we have more than one. Deal with it.
>>
File: huehue.jpg (503KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
huehue.jpg
503KB, 2448x3264px
>I mean what if someone in real life went up to people and asked that question?
>>
>>29530856
(You)
>>
>>29530856
yes

we have 2
>>
>>29530733

>No attack helicopter

What the hell is this?

Fucking jokes like the household pet get in yet this legitimate gender doesn't.
>>
>>29530671
My cousin who is in a wheel chair loves pokemon. Should the game ask if your character is in a wheel chair. What a stupid question really
>>
>>29530856

>more than one

Wow Mx. Neutron, really?
>>
>>29530881
But what of you don't identify as either of those?
>>
>>29530889

What about those like me, who identify as a lizard creature from the Andromeda Galaxy?
>>
File: kys.jpg (24KB, 400x420px) Image search: [Google]
kys.jpg
24KB, 400x420px
>>29530928

Then you need to see mental help and/or pic related.
>>
So if you're a guy that identifies themselves as a girl, then why not just play as a girl because that's what you identify as, rather than playing as a guy who also identifies as a girl but isn't one despite the fact you could be one? And if its just that you want to be a masculine character dressed in a feminine way aren't you out of luck anyways, since no matter what you're an 11 year old?
>>
>>29530984
Nice meme post, man! xD
Did you get that from 9gag?
>>
When I was a kid, you were considered weird if you were a boy and thought you were a girl.
>>
File: Wolf 6.png (418KB, 686x599px) Image search: [Google]
Wolf 6.png
418KB, 686x599px
I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone to make a topic about this on /vp/ since it's already on gfaqs.

...Op what's your gaf name.
>>
>>29531063
There was a thread on /v/ about it that got thrown into /vp/ yesterday.
>>
But the thing is, you're not choosing a gender for your very own original character. You're choosing which one of the two playable characters you want to play as, and one happens to be a girl and the other one happens to be a girl.

Man, what is with some people playing games nowadays and being completely unable to wrap their head around the fact that in some games they're playing the role as a preexisting character, not their 100% original and self-made OC.
>>
File: wewlad.gif (154KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.gif
154KB, 160x144px
>>29531030

>9gag

>obviously ifunny

Seriously kys
>>
>>29531139
Not the case anymore in Pokemon now that you can customize race and clothing. Let players be who they want and dress how they want.
>>
>>29530928
Then you're not even human.
Humanity is based on two genders, Male and Female. You come into this world as one, you die as one; if you aren't either, then it's made up and you're pretending to be a kooky space alien, like in your shitty tumblr show
>>
>>29531184

race != gender

Stop, please, you're only embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>29530928
you're lying to yourself
>>
>>29531192
People can be gay if they want. What's wrong with feeling as though you are female even though you were assigned male? Hell what if you feel like both? I've had issues with my gender which is why this topic is a big deal for me.
>>29531251
Can they take it one step further though?
>>
>>29531328

>Feeling as though you are female even though you were assigned male

It means you have mental problems. Some shock treatment should fix that.
>>
>>29531328

Okay guys, let's all check our genders.

Look down.

You see a penis, you are a male.

You see a vagina, you are a female.

Get the fuck out Jimmy Neutron, you stupid relativist sheep.
>>
>>29531362
>m-muh mental problems
You spend way too much time on 4chan.
>>
>>29531328
>People can be gay if they want.
That's fine by me. Still male, though

>What's wrong with feeling as though you are female even though you were assigned male?
You're still male.

>I've had issues with my gender which is why this topic is a big deal for me.
I'm kinda curious what led you to this. Memes aside, you feel like sharing?
>>
>>29531328
If you feel like a female, even if you aren't really one, why not just play as a female rather than playing as a male that feels like a female?
>>
>>29531408
>m-muh 4chan
You spend way too much time on tumblr.
>>
File: wigglytuffthearbiter.png (83KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
wigglytuffthearbiter.png
83KB, 211x244px
>>29531408
Then what are you doing here? You're just trying to pick a fight is all I'm seeing here.
>>
>>29531457
There are those in the LGBT community that wants more than that represented in their game.
We need a better character creator basically.
>>
>>29531510
I like Pokemon. I think it has room for improvement also. Excluding the LGBT community is something that needs to be fixed.
>>
File: teamfukkit.png (239KB, 493x322px) Image search: [Google]
teamfukkit.png
239KB, 493x322px
>>29531519
Luckily, Japan doesn't give a flying type fuck about such American liberalist filth, so that will neverever happen.
>>
>>29531611
People said we would never play as a black guy in Pokemon, look where we are now.
>>
File: dancingfrenchboi.gif (737KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
dancingfrenchboi.gif
737KB, 160x160px
>>29531584
>>29531584
Ok, now you're just derailing the thread, bait or not.

Let's discover what LGBT means!

L means lesbians, girls who like girls

G means gays, guys who'd fuck guys

B means bi's, who don't have a preference

T means transgenders, who don't even exist

Now that I've explained what the meaning of LGBT is to you, let's think about what you said.

>"Excluding the LGBT community is something that needs to be fixed."

Except we're talking about the "outdated" boy/girl system implemented ever since 1996. That means the only thing that can be excluded from such a system is T, the transgender. Now, since I've stated above^ that transgenders don't exist, and that those who think as such should be mentally treated, basically, you are a massive RETARD for ever thinking that the LGBT "community"(.0000irrelevant% of the population) can ever be included in the male/female system of Pokemon.

This is a game for kids, not for the mentally challenged. I recommend you either see a psychiatrist or just get the fuck off this board, please.
>>
File: raikouwho?.gif (161KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
raikouwho?.gif
161KB, 250x250px
>>29531743
Dude. >>29531251 already told you. Race does not equal gender, you absolute dumbass. The blacks are more intelligent than your kind.
>>
>>29531863
The boy/girl system did not actually come about until Crystal in the very end of 2000 (2001 for all the cool countries)
Also Jimmy Neutron is a flagrant shitposter that goes around posting objectively wrong opinions just to rile people up. You're feeding it.
>>
File: succitarchie.jpg (234KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
succitarchie.jpg
234KB, 640x720px
>>29532151
I'm sorry, anon. I fell for it. I fell hard. I have to educate myself.
>>
I'm pretty accepting of transgender people. However, all people whether they're trans or not are either male or female. There is no in-between, there is no neither. Just because you like the gender roles of male and female doesn't mean you are both. And 99% of people who are 'genderqueer' or whatever are not intersexed either.
Therefore the current 'are you a boy or a girl' is fine, men and trans men will pick boy and women and trans women pick girl.
>>
>>29532151
Please explain to me how I'm a shitposter- I would love to hear this.
>>
What is the difference between sex and gender?

Sex = male and female

Gender = masculine and feminine

So in essence:

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs.

Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

So while your sex as male or female is a biological fact that is the same in any culture, what that sex means in terms of your gender role as a 'man' or a 'woman' in society can be quite different cross culturally. These 'gender roles' have an impact on the health of the individual.

In sociological terms 'gender role' refers to the characteristics and behaviours that different cultures attribute to the sexes. What it means to be a 'real man' in any culture requires male sex plus what our various cultures define as masculine characteristics and behaviours, likewise a 'real woman' needs female sex and feminine characteristics. To summarise:

'man' = male sex+ masculine social role

(a 'real man', 'masculine' or 'manly')

'woman' = female sex + feminine social role

(a 'real woman', 'feminine' or 'womanly')

Learn the difference. The game is asking if you're a male or female. Granted that isn't inclusive of hermaphrodites, which wouldn't make it outdated so much as just flat-out not adding them in ever, since its been around forever.

Just pick the one you identify with better and play the damn game. I've played a number of the games as the male mc but had it be a girl in my head who rolls her eyes everytime she gets called a "he."
>>
File: brockoli.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
brockoli.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>29532343
huehuehuehuehue, you certainly are incessant. I will, as such, grant you your (you)
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.