[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there any cross-generational evolutions anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Why aren't there any cross-generational evolutions anymore? What I mean is things like:

Zubat/Golbat - introduced in Gen I
Crobat - Gen II

Magmar - Gen I
Magmortar - Gen IV

Eevee - Gen I
Sylveon - Gen VII
but honestly, I don't think Eevee should count for this since GF seems to be milking Eevee for its merchandise (Eevee and its evolutions get a *significant* amount of merch compared to every other Pokemon (besides Pikachu). There even used to be a yearly promotion at Japan Pokemon Centers dedicated to them. Tons and tons of plushies, cards, figurines, clothes, etc.).

We had a few in Gen II, none in Gen II, a shit ton in Gen IV, none in Gen V, and just one in Gen VI (that doesn't count). Gen VII is looking like it won't have any. So basically the last time we got evolutions was in Gev IV, something like 10 years ago.

Why isn't Game Freak doing this anymore?
>>
>>29526309
I meant "none in Gen III" not "none in Gen II"
>>
>>29526309

Mega Mawile would be actually nice as the real evolution.
>>
>>29526433
>allowing a monster like that to be able to hold an item
Are you crazy?
>>
>>29526353
Except wynaut you retard.
>>
File: 1477695097933.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1477695097933.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>29526309
I dunno but it pisses me off.
I thought they were gonna forgo them for megas but they've even stopped doing them, too.
Pokemon like Sudowoodo and Luvdisc could benefit from evolutions and rare pokemon like Lapras and Sneasel could use prevolutions to make them accessable earlier on.
>>
They made a huge mistake. That mistake was the Eviolite. So they attempted to rectify it by having powered up forms instead of proper evolutions since some Pokemon ended up becoming more viable than their evolutions

That and there was a much bigger backlash against Gen IV evolutions, for some reason

>>29526433
I wish, it's such a perfect design
>>
>>29526445
>Mega Fug

Who cares about balance
>>
>>29526488
Baby Pokemon don't count as cross evolutions, faggot.
>>
>>29526547
Of course they do
>>
>>29526445
Only the design.
>>
because faggots cried their pokemon were ruined
same reason we aren't getting more megas
>>
>>29526309
I don't know why GF cut them off. They are great. You see a pokemon in one gen, but it have a low BST, and then it become better in the next one. Suddenly Golbat and Seadra and many others are no longer shitmons. In gen V, GF decided that they will no longer exists, probably because its dex and the rule of only new pokemon.
It's not the same with megas with forces you to only use one per team.
>>
File: Sad-Memes-1.png (179KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Memes-1.png
179KB, 600x511px
>there will never be a jynx evolution that evolves by trading with a frostizer
>despite being part of a trio that has tons of similarities aside from that.

it hurts ;__;
>>
>>29526309
Because they shat the bed hardcore with Gen 4. The backlash probably made them throw up their hands and say, "fuck it".
>>
>>29526942
>Wanting Jynx to be relevant
You wouldn't be happy if there was a pokemon that straight up made fun of you.
>>
>>29526309
Because gen 4 made horrendous ones that no one liked and that reached the ears of GF so they stopped.
>>
>>29526529
>That mistake was the Eviolite
Not really. Eviolite was made in response to the people who complained about their favorite pokemon being ruined as a consequence of evolving and the same goes for megas.
>>
File: 1477259462973.jpg (34KB, 572x394px) Image search: [Google]
1477259462973.jpg
34KB, 572x394px
>>29527055
>Porygon-Z
>Mamoswine
>Glisgor
>Yanmega
>Togekiss
>Electivire
>Mismagius
>Froslass
>Tangrowth
>Roserade
>Honchkrow
>Bonsly
>Mantyke

>Bad
Fuck outta here with that "taste"
>>
File: 1473657401691.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1473657401691.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>29526309
Alolan Exeggutor, Marowak and Raichu are basically cross gen split evolutions. You are just getting split evolution this time instead of normal evolution.
Is there really any need to bitch about this?
>>
>>29527674
this so much
>>
>>29526488
>wynaut is an evolution
>>
>>29527674
This. It's blatantly obvious that for the purpose of "revitalizing old lines" GF has decided to stop doing cross gen evos in favor of things like Mega-Evolutions and Alolan Forms.
>>
>>29527055
the fuck is wrong with you? gen. 4 cross-generational evolutions were awesome most of the time.
>>
>>29529514
Wynaut is a prevolution which makes it a cross generational relative
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.