[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What changes would you make to the worst offensive and defensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: pokemon-type-effectiveness.jpg (139KB, 1246x366px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-type-effectiveness.jpg
139KB, 1246x366px
What changes would you make to the worst offensive and defensive typings in order to balance them somewhat?
>>
Poison
>It's good as is, though Water SE is a good idea to nerf those faggots

Ice
>Resists Flying like Rock and Steel

Rock
>Stop making a bunch of fucking Defensive Rock types

Psychic
>I dunno
>>
>>29524876
But Rock isn't that great offensively either. Especially movepool-wise.
>>
File: 1422740711549.png (305KB, 606x326px) Image search: [Google]
1422740711549.png
305KB, 606x326px
>>29525764
>Rock isn't that great offensively
>SE against 4 types
>Had a move that, because of its good offense, completely defined the Gen IV meta
>>
>>29524821
Take of Steel's resistances to the types off and remove weaknesses to Steel

There I fixed it.
>>
>>29524821
Ice
>Resists Water and Flying

Fairy
>Resisted by Grass and Psychic
>Loses Bug resist

Poison
>SE against Water

I have no idea what to suggest for Rock. Perhaps just give them some fucking Speed.
>>
>>29525818
As an entry hazard Stealth Rock hits the opponent's entire team regardless of the user's survival. It is different from actually fighting other pokemon.

An actual Rock-type sweeper would have to deal with:
Having moves that are either weak or have a horrible accuracy.
No priorities
Being countered by Steel, Ground and Fighting types.
Being a glass cannon that is weak against three relatively common priority moves.

I mean, it isn't as bad offensively as Poison, but an offensive Rock type would probably do worse than mono Fire, Ground, Fighting and Ice pokemon with the exact same stats.
>>
File: dogisgod.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
dogisgod.png
46KB, 250x250px
>>29526275
>No priorities
Not anymore.
>>
>>29524821
Did you edit it or is there a page to do that?
>>
Isn't bug the worst offensive type?
>>
File: 1472011484751.png (435KB, 1246x557px) Image search: [Google]
1472011484751.png
435KB, 1246x557px
>>29524821
>>
>>29526956
It depends on how you estimate it. Bug being weak against commonly used types like Steel, Flying, Ghost and Fighting sucks, but it is SE against more types and nothing is immune to it.
Psychic is SE against only two types and there is a type immune to it, but there are also only two types that resist it.
>>
Psychic does not need another buff.
Only genwunners want to relive the shitfest that was Psychic instawin of their "glory days."
>>
>>29527282
>another buff.
>another
When was Psychic buffed?
>>
File: 1477438781926.jpg (16KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1477438781926.jpg
16KB, 250x272px
>>29527095

So you want Ghost to ONLY be SE against ONE type, which would be Ghost? WHILE Gaining another weakness?
>>
>>29527927
Yes, fuck water and ghost types
>>
>>29524821
>Poison
It now hits Water SE

>Ice
It now resists Flying, Normal, and Water

>Rock
The type itself isn't the problem, its the Pokemon

>Psychic
Now resists Fairy and hit Steel-types for neutral damage.
>>
>Poison is now super effective against Water
>Ice now resists Flying,Ground,Water and Fairy
>Rock now resists itself
>Psychic now resists Poison

What do you think?
>>
>>29524821
Ice

Resist:Ice,Water,Ground
Weak to:Fighting,Rock,Fire

Psychic

Kills:Fighting,Poison,Fairy

Water
Weak to:Poison
>>
>>29527282
Psychic hasn't been a particularly desirable attacking type since the Gen 2 nerf, and Ghost is definitely overpowered right now. Making Psychic strong against Ghost isn't that large a boost either. Ghosts can still hit Psychics back.

Plus, there aren't that many types that could feasibly interact with Ghost.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.