[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, is there any point on it being ghost aside from "le

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: this fucker.png (68KB, 278x281px) Image search: [Google]
this fucker.png
68KB, 278x281px
So, is there any point on it being ghost aside from "le weakness to the fire/dark"?

Can it be good or will it just be another Gourgeist?
>>
>>29522510
Stilt Owl
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilt-owl
>>
>>29522510
Because owls are spooky, fâm
>>
>>29522510
Well it depend on the stats

Also if this is another WHY IS THIS A GHOST TYPE EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS INVALID BECAUSE I SAY SO thread then please stop posting this cancer
>>
>>29522510
No. People will try to justify it with memes though.
>>
To not have another starter that's x4 weak to something.

Also, owls can be spoopy and have otherworldly powers in various tales.
>>
Ohmori really liked Kamen Rider Ghost. Or >>29522532

Also considering Incineroar is not weak to Fairy, trying to justify the Ghost typing with some non-existant triangle fails.
>>
>>29522582
Whoa, calm down, dude. The thread is legit, i'm not mad at it for being ghost, just wanted to know why.

>grass/ghost
>first attack locks the opponent
>procceds to sweep
>fast as fuck
>ghost allow it to destiny bond at last turn

I can dream, right?
>>
Well what secondary type would you think "this fucker" is, OP?
>>
I'm more concerned with the fact that his signature move is some ghost shackle move. I was expecting it to be some grass arrow move.
>>
The typing only makes "Bob" an even better nickname.
>>
>>29522750
It might get two Signature moves. Greninja did. Grass Arrow might be a thing.
>>
>>29522750
It does shoot an arrow though. It is an arrow that pins the opponents spirit in place so it cant leave battle
>>
>>29522789
>>29522750
It kinda starts with a grass arrow move.
>>
>>29522510
>extinct owl
>snipers are known as ghosts

You tell me why it's part Ghost
>>
>>29522813
Yeah, but that's not a grass move. I was hoping for a grass arrow move. Possibly something that has an increased chance of crits, since archers tend to have high crit rates in many games.
>>
>>29522925
Again.
It starts with that move and also an increased crit ratio grass move literally has always existed
>>
>>29522925
>grass arrow move.
>what is Leafage?
>>
>>29522510
It's a meme typing that appeals to fedorafags.

People are so in love with the design so they defend this nonsensical decision.
>>
>>29522884
>half the fucking pokedex is based on extinct animals
>japanese designing pokemon based on english phrases

found the retard
>>
>>29522925
Ok so you want it to learn Razor Leaf
>>
>>29523017
NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK MOVE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?! I didn't see Decidueye use any fucking move in the trailer besides the ghost shackle thing.

>starts with it

Leafage?!?!
Tell me why I'm supposed think of that as the move I want. It has like what 40 bp and Rowlet shoots it out of his wings as a bunch of leaves. Same goes for Razor Leaf. Unless you're talking about some shit that wasn't shown in the trailer or something I clearly missed.
>>
File: peti.gif (882KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
peti.gif
882KB, 500x281px
>>29522510
Is there a point on it being grass? A green bow that evolves into a green hood, what plant is that again?

An archer, a bird, a ghost, some kind of "plant". I think this thing has an identity crisis. It's trying to be too many thing at the same time.
>>
Decidueye looks great in its shiny form. The winter colors really evoke the image of death, but not in an "I am a goth Grim Reaper, fear me" sort of way.
>>
>>29522510

>So, is there any point on it being ghost aside from "le weakness to the fire/dark"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl#Symbolism_and_mythology

Because it's an owl you triple faggot
>>
>>29522750
it'll get a ranged Leaf Blade or Power Whip reskin, just like it got a Vine Whip reskin
>>
>>29522510
>yfw Spirit Shackle does decent damage
>yfw it gets Stakeout as it's hidden ability
>yfw it gets Leech Seed and Roost
>>
>>29522510
It's already Ubers with that typing alone. It will be fine.
>>
>>29523910
it' specifically a stilt owl you quadruple faggot
>>
>>29522789
It's probably Laser Focus
>>
>>29522567
They are.
>>
>>29524058
It doesn't matter what type of owl because owls in general are associated with ghosts/the paranormal you octo-faggotron
>>
>>29522510
What is wrong with Decidueye being Grass/Ghost type? It is much better than Grass/Flying because it is a bird.
>>
>>29524040
>It's already Ubers with that typing alone
Yeah just like Gourgeist and Trevenant
>>
>>29524107
>those creepy eyes coming closer and closer

Damn, nigga.
>>
>>29524107
>The way the bird just looks at the camera like 'can you believe this shit?'
>>
>>29522510
>The Hawaiian owl or 'pueo' is a legendary guardian spirit or 'aumakua' in Hawaii. It's appearance is believed to be an omen as well.
>Common names such as "demon owl", "death owl", or "ghost owl" show that traditionally, rural populations in many places considered barn owls to be birds of evil omen.
>Owls have great cultural significance in Asia. In Japanese culture some owls are seen as divine messengers while others, particularly Barn or Horned owls, are viewed as demons. In India a white owl is considered a companion and a form of Laksmi, the goddess of wealth, and is therefore an omen of prosperity and good fortune. But owls can also represent wisdom or, paradoxically, foolishness.
>In the Middle East owls have been connected with evil spirits for centuries and are still treated warily because of a perceived ferocity of appearance. In Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, owls are known as ‘ghost birds’.
also this >>29522567 >>29524107
>>
>>29524304
>owls are known as 'ghost birds'.
>>29524149
>it is a bird.
???
>>
>>29524557
he meant to say "it isn't a bird"
he was trying to be funny
>>
File: 1473558741071.png (138KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473558741071.png
138KB, 400x300px
>>29524557
Owls are birds. The memeing not funny.
>>
>>29522510
Wow, this shit again.

Great thread, OP.
>>
>>29522510
Owls have connections to death in Mexican culture. Team Skull are cholos. I think it's alright, and honestly, it's pretty cool.
>>
>>29522510
>Can it be good or will it just be another Gourgeist?
Depends. Could be gengar 2: the other stat. Could be shit. We'll see.
>>
>>29524058
Pretty sure he's a combination stilt owl/pueo owl.

But also owls in general are closely associated with the spooky.
>>
>>29522510
>placeholder name
not even trying
>>
>>29522510
"The pueo is one of more famous of the various physical forms assumed by ʻaumākua (ancestor spirits) in Hawaiian culture."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueo

I think it's mostly this. Could be some combination with the Stilt-owl though. But I dunno if I believe the "it's extinct so it's ghost type" thing. I think it's just it being a spirit.
>>
>>29526030
He has stilt owl like legs.
>>
>>29522510
It's a stilt owl, and a shaman, have connection with the spirit world
>>
>>29522510
There are so many reasons. People also fail to mention it has some native american inspiration in its design. A culture that also dabbles in spiritual otherworldly shit. He's a legit ghost type. The problem is people arent use to gamefreak being this creative.
>>
>>29522582
Decidueye ghost type ok, is "fitting" for a owl, it's unique dual typing, but it's type is tag on
It's only ghost for the no 4x weakness and move

torchic and plipup are too bird saters that weren't flying with dual-type final evos even if there flightless birds, doduo/trio are solely because there birds, every other bird are flaying

If it's subtle it's too subtle, eggsecutor is better because it's literally a dragon tree and we where explain why egg coconut turn into egg palm

Yes we can have variety just like not every flying type is a bird nor dual normal, but he is not ghost in any way. Every other ghost Poké have a design and/or lore that makes sense Decidueye has none, hes Dex entry are personality traits and 'it's an owl'

>This Owls is not spooky
>It's a Pueo/Slit owl, but is not based of or mentioned it's association with spirits
>Hes not a Jap. archer, just a show archer
>Flying was a better type for it's design an concept
>rowlet and dartrix were already flying
>The other two were more obvious an over the top villain/heel wrestler and a magical myth creature/mermaid selkie
>It's unique move is not relate to it's concept, it's a ninja technique, and doesn't use the defining features of ghost types besides an enemy's shadow

Really there all defenses are the same, all being
>Owl are spooky
>Nacturnal hunter
>Snipers are deadly
>Slit owl are extinct
>Ghostly sneaky
>Archery is spiritual
>Pueo owl myth
Stealth is not part of the ghost type morphit
It's a show archer, not a specific one connected to spirits and in turn ghost type
The Pueo myth and archery is the only valid ones because it's the only one that connect's it directly with spirits

It's bad because it really an external info not part of it's design or lore.
It's type is bullshit expetialy considering the other 2 being clear as day
Seriously if rowlet and dartix wernt flying it would have been better.

Screenshot this a listed explanation why Decidueye ghost type is OK, but bullshit
>>
>>29522510
Because it's cool?

What's with all the triggered Ghostfags who suddenly crawled out of the woodwork when its typing got announced? A dragon can look like literally anything in this series but a ghost has to either be a purple amorphous shape or a possessed object?
>>
>>29522532
That's not hy it's a ghost though. It's a spirit owl, Pueo. Look it up. In addition, archery is a spiritual practice in Japan.
>>
>>29524058
The stilt-owl doesn't add anything else than the grass starter theme of evolution and extinction. You sextuple faggot.
>>
>>29528372
>Stealth is not part of Ghost type
Shadows are, though, and Decidueye is a nocturnal hunter so of course it's associated with shadows
>Gengar and Haunter hide in shadows and are heavily associated with them
>Shadow Sneak
>Shadow Claw
>Shadow Ball
>Shadow Force
>>
File: IMG_1644.png (5KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1644.png
5KB, 168x168px
>>29528936
>presenting the "grass starters are all extinct animals" theory as anything but bullshit
>>
>>29528372
His dex entry also basically says he's extremely fast and sneaky. Meaning he can move like a ghost and do ghost like things. That, first and foremost, is the reason for its typing. Its not even remotely "tacked on."
>>
>>29529090
Anon it's just for fun.
>>
>>29529137
That sounds like stuff a dark type would do
>>
>>29530684
Well why isn't Gengar a dark-type?
>>
>>29528423
Pretty much, yeah. Same reason why it's okay for Fire-types to just be normal animals that are on fire, but god forbid a Rock-type not be completely made out of rock.
>>
>>29530684
Dark-types aren't about being fast and unseen, they're about using dirty tactics.
>>
>>29529001
>>29529137
shadows are part of ghost morphit not stealth, it's only emphasized him, nocturnal life alone was never a reason for a ghost type that's mostly dark, but dark are more edgelords and jerks then anything

>Really there all defenses are the same, all being
>>Owl are spooky
>>Nacturnal hunter
>>Snipers are deadly
>>Slit owl are extinct
>>Ghostly sneaky
>>Archery is spiritual
>>Pueo owl myth
>Stealth is not part of the ghost type morphit
>It's a show archer, not a specific one connected to spirits and in turn ghost type
>The Pueo myth and archery is the only valid ones because it's the only one that connect's it directly with spirits

>It's bad because it rely an external info not part of it's design or lore.

>Seriously if rowlet and dartix wernt flying it would have been better

My point were
>it's a bird starter why did it change type, when rowlet could have been mono type
>rowlet is flying type because it's a bird like other Pokémon and it's unnecessary if it's final evo is meant to be ghost
>it's description doesn't help establish it's ghost typing
>other Pokémon have better explanation for their type
>being an animal is not enough
>It's a Pueo/Slit owl and an archer, but is not based of or mentioned it's association with spirits again, description doesn't help
>the other two were clear
>they could have been more specific an the archer thing like how Incineroar is dark and not fighting because he's a heel
>they could have incorporated the myth into it's design
>only 2 defenses are valid
>the Pueo myth and archery is the only valid ones because there the only one that connect's it directly with spirits, but is not define enough

Ghost is fine but, Rowlet's flying was more fitting for the design, and not give Rowlet flying in the first place would have been better.
Seriously they could elaborate more to his ghost type it's too subtle
>>
>>29531000
>Greninja
>Weavile
>Zoroark
>Absol
>Darkrai
>Liepard
>Shiftry
>>
>>29530901
Because he merges with shadows, not hide in them. Gengars are pretty much shadows themselves
>>
>>29528423
>>29530963
The point is that is not elaborate enough, ghost types were more specific than fire, some types are more loose than others

>>29529137
>>29530684
>>29531000
There more examples of dark and disluminosity then ghost types whom are ghost in some way, like Darkrai is the new moon and Umbreon is assorted with the more than any other Pokémon except Lunala the full moon, who should have been fairy/ghost.
Gengar the shadow Pokémon is a living shadow made of poisonous gas, most ghost types are living ___, deadeye is not specific, some favor text with his spirit power would been enough to be ghost but it doesn't, so now he sounds like a dark type like Greninja stealth/shadows/dark

But that's nothing compared to Bulu's grass types, aren't the tapus supposet to be the same type as the respective Oricorio
>>
>>29532671
The only pokemon that has no mention of being an asshole is liepard
>>
>>29532671
>Greninja
literally an assassin
>Weavile
"Evolution made it even more devious"
>Zoroark
Trickster fox
>Absol
Disaster Pokemon, able to detect disasters. Learns some Dark-type moves, but it could pretty well also be a Psychic type. Proof that Pokemon type rules aren't as rigid as you want them to be
>Darkrai
Causes harm to people around it. I'm pretty mad that it isn't Ghost-type though. It chases people away with nightmares.
>Liepard
>Cruel Pokemon
>Shiftry
>Wicked Pokemon
Based on a malicious yokai.

Get rekt

>>29532687
Decidueye pretty much becomes a shadow though
>>
>>29533106
All of them are sneaky, fast and silent you retard, you explained it yourself
>>
>>29533106
No he doesn't read-
>>29528372
>>29531640
>>29532725

Shadows are part of the ghost morphit, but aren't there only attribute.
With archery is spiritual and Pueo myth it stands fine but lacking, expetialy with it not being part of the design or Dex entry.

Owls are spooky, it blends with shadows and ghostly sneaky are really weak argument that makes him more dark than ghost because his described as an assassin

The only thing it needs is for Rowlet and Dartrix not be flying and a Dex entry that elaborate an it's ghost type
Problem here with the inspiration is not specific enough we know Incineroar is a heel wrestler/dark type, Primarina is a mermaid/fairy type and Decidueye is not a specific archer for a ghost type he is more of a show archer

Again
It's bad because it rely an external info not part of it's design or lore. Expetialy considering the other 2 being clear as day
That's why it feels tagd on is not part of it's design

Let's stop arguing we GF only made it ghost for viability, he being the new Greninja
There good point on ghost but there lacking
I already explaine this here
>>29528372
>>29531640
>>29532725
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.